PDA

View Full Version : Israeli rabbi calls for prayers for Iran's destruction

jafar00
08-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Just thought I would post this here since if someone from Palestine or another "Islamic" country had said anything similar, certain people here would have been all over it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/26/us-israel-iran-rabbi-idUSBRE87P02X20120826 (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/26/us-israel-iran-rabbi-idUSBRE87P02X20120826)

(Reuters) - An influential Israeli rabbi has called for prayers for Iran's destruction, a week after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appeared to court his support for a possible attack on a nuclear program Israel sees as an existential threat.
The sermon by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef added to a flurry of recent rhetoric from Israeli officials that has raised international concern that Israel, widely believed to be the Middle East's only atomic power, might attack Iran's nuclear facilities.
"(When) we ask God to 'bring an end to our enemies', we should be thinking about Iran (http://www.reuters.com/places/iran), those evil ones who threaten Israel. May the Lord destroy them," Yosef was quoted as saying by Israeli media on Sunday.

More I would like to add...

In the past, the Baghdad-born Yosef has stirred controversy by likening Palestinians to snakes, calling for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to "perish from this world" and describing non-Jews as "born only to serve us".

Think about that which is in bold above next time you offer your blind support to Israel.

jimnyc
08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Think about that which is in bold above next time you offer your blind support to Israel.

Unlike many Muslims, yourself included, we don't deny everything and offer "blind support". I am MORE than willing to call crap out when I see it, as crap is crap is crap, no matter who is shoveling it. This is from Reuters and surprisingly the first time I saw this story (I know, I know, the Zionist regime controls the media :rolleyes: ).

This man is an idiot. I honestly don't know anything at all about the structure of Jews and their way of religious life, but this man should be removed from being a "Rabbi" if that's possible. It's sickening to see people calling for an end to entire civilizations, and from Holy people no less! And then making it out to sound as if God himself will be the one destroying a nation. Just another asshole perverting religion and trying to get others riled up.

jafar00
08-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Unlike many Muslims, yourself included, we don't deny everything and offer "blind support". I am MORE than willing to call crap out when I see it, as crap is crap is crap, no matter who is shoveling it. This is from Reuters and surprisingly the first time I saw this story (I know, I know, the Zionist regime controls the media :rolleyes: ).

This man is an idiot. I honestly don't know anything at all about the structure of Jews and their way of religious life, but this man should be removed from being a "Rabbi" if that's possible. It's sickening to see people calling for an end to entire civilizations, and from Holy people no less! And then making it out to sound as if God himself will be the one destroying a nation. Just another asshole perverting religion and trying to get others riled up.

I would normally agree that this guy is just another nutter rabbi among many in Israel, except he has an influence on Israeli government policy.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-26-2012, 10:55 AM
I would normally agree that this guy is just another nutter rabbi among many in Israel, except he has an influence on Israeli government policy.

Yet you defend Iran's leader -almadinnerjacket when he said much the same about destroying Israel and he is the country's public leader no less! This guy is just a religious leader , a rabbi, with no power to make national policy.
Hypocrisy seems to be a well known friend of yours.-Tyr

Neo
08-27-2012, 06:11 AM
Yet you defend Iran's leader -almadinnerjacket when he said much the same about destroying Israel and he is the country's public leader no less! This guy is just a religious leader , a rabbi, with no power to make national policy.
Hypocrisy seems to be a well known friend of yours.-Tyr

BRAVO! BRAVO! :clap:

Reagan should have turned those sissy's in dress's into flaming sish-ka-bobs and turned that anal cavity of a nation into a glass parking lot 4 the Embassy hostage taking while that pussy Carter was in Office!

It's high tme we face the threat and remove it, like the cancer that Islamo-faschists are, once and 4 all.

jafar00
08-27-2012, 10:20 AM
BRAVO! BRAVO! :clap:

Reagan should have turned those sissy's in dress's into flaming sish-ka-bobs and turned that anal cavity of a nation into a glass parking lot 4 the Embassy hostage taking while that pussy Carter was in Office!

It's high tme we face the threat and remove it, like the cancer that Islamo-faschists are, once and 4 all.

If you believe some journalists, Ahmedinejad said pretty much the same thing about Israel and was condemned for it.

Pot, meet kettle.

Nukeman
08-27-2012, 11:19 AM
If you believe some journalists, Ahmedinejad said pretty much the same thing about Israel and was condemned for it.

Pot, meet kettle.But not by you!!!!!!!:poke:

YOU are missing the point jafar, when evidence is brought to YOU about one of your brethren making a similar statement your response is always the same.. "oh they didn't say that", "thats a quack site", "thats not a litteral translation"... etc...etc.. Here we have the opposing side making a statement and YOU take it as gospel that he said it and NO ONE here has said otherwise, in fact I believe they CONDEMNED the statement so far...

That my friend is the difference in our respective societies, when we see something wrong we call it out when YOU see something amiss you say one of 3 thinngs. "it didn't happen", "they aren't REAL Muslims", or "its fake, to make Muslims look bad"...

Why can't you and your brethren just say... They are bad people that don't represent us and we are trying to put a stop to it, instead of telling others they have to "understand" why those bad people feel that way... Don't care why they feel that way, they are bad people and when you have a bad animal you put it down....

Noir
08-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Here's a line that might word for you Jafar - 'I don't think Ahmadinejad said x, but if he did say x then I condemn him for it'.

You can then continue a discussion on whether or not reported events actually happened, without calling into question your own stance of supporting/condemning 'Someone saying x'

Nukeman
08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Here's a line that might word for you Jafar - 'I don't think Ahmadinejad said x, but if he did say x then I condemn him for it'.

You can then continue a discussion on whether or not reported events actually happened, without calling into question your own stance of supporting/condemning 'Someone saying x'
Don't hold your breath Jonathan!!! he is a denier like some of the other fringe we have from the other opposing view.. I find it funny how most Muslims will not admit that these types of things are said in their world but viciously pounce when it is directed towards them....

Neo
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Hardly. Ahmehnutjob didn't "pretty much" say the same thing, he said it. The difference is, I'm not the head of my government, I speak from a personal hatred of Islamo-faschist and favor their extinction. Just like one fumigates for roaches, you liquidate to resolve, kill or be killed.

Ain't that how you Muslims feel about those of us here in "the evil Satan", as AhmehNUTJOB calls us?

That, however unfortunate I may find it to be, is not, nor has been, nor will be, the policy of the United States. We have grown weak from the political correctness that has been, and continues to be, foisted upon us by the Left-wing.

That's ironic because they'd be their 1st target. The "Religion of Peace" would kill them all because of their decadence and support of homosexuality, a HUGE no no in the Muslim faith, punishable by death.

Nice death too, humane...like stoning, torture, beheading....

BTW, if you get that I don't buy into that whole "Religion of Peace" thingy, give yourself 10 points and a warm fuzzy.

Have a nice day.

jimnyc
08-27-2012, 12:30 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Do you believe those journalists, Jafar? Or do we need to be Muslim and speak the language to fully understand his comments? Or are you using something you don't believe yourself as an argument?

Neo
08-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Do you believe those journalists, Jafar? Or do we need to be Muslim and speak the language to fully understand his comments? Or are you using something you don't believe yourself as an argument?

That's an EXCELLENT query of Jaffy. So how about it Jaffy (this outta be good)?

Oh, almost forgot to mention that Ahmehnutjob was a leader of the bastards that stormed our Embassy, there is photographic evidence so the guys not a Statesman, he's a thug.

Drummond
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Who's the instigator, who's the victim ?

ISRAEL has been under threat of extermination from IRAN for HOW many years ?? Iran has never apologised for its threats, never backtracked, in fact, one of their generals only recently took some apparent PRIDE in declaring they were looking for an EXCUSE to launch a devastating attack against Israel.

Now, they're set upon developing the very technology which will, they hope, enable them to make good on their threat, and sanctions have done nothing whatever to deter them.

I don't wish for the extermination of any nation, however, if Israel has no choice but to act, then that's the reality. It seems very clear to me that the rabbi involved is doing nothing more or less than reflecting that reality .. one which Israel hasn't caused, but IS THE VICTIM OF.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Who's the instigator, who's the victim ?

ISRAEL has been under threat of extermination from IRAN for HOW many years ?? Iran has never apologised for its threats, never backtracked, in fact, one of their generals only recently took some apparent PRIDE in declaring they were looking for an EXCUSE to launch a devastating attack against Israel.

Now, they're set upon developing the very technology which will, they hope, enable them to make good on their threat, and sanctions have done nothing whatever to deter them.

I don't wish for the extermination of any nation, however, if Israel has no choice but to act, then that's the reality. It seems very clear to me that the rabbi involved is doing nothing more or less than reflecting that reality .. one which Israel hasn't caused, but IS THE VICTIM OF.

Question is , Is jafar deluded by his religion or is it convenient posturing he does so often to avoid answering questions he knows rightly condemns Islam's savagery? I tell ya , I think he is truly delusional about Islam's evils.-Tyr

Drummond
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Question is , Is jafar deluded by his religion or is it convenient posturing he does so often to avoid answering questions he knows rightly condemns Islam's savagery? I tell ya , I think he is truly delusional about Islam's evils.-Tyr

Well, I hope it's delusion. If not, no amount of confronting the truth will change anything.

Dilloduck
08-27-2012, 08:18 PM
The whole region is deluded by religion. The Jews claim Israel was given to them by God and that only they are his chosen people yet no one challenges that as being a little far fetched.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2012, 10:30 PM
The whole region is deluded by religion. The Jews claim Israel was given to them by God and that only they are his chosen people yet no one challenges that as being a little far fetched.

God told me directly that he had intended to give it to the Irish but they were too drunk , then to the French but they were too busy perfuming themselves , then to the muslims but they wanted to stone him and cut off his head..
A Jewish peddler came along and offered him a loaf of bread for it and the bargain was made.. I was immediately suspicious and asked him about the time, since Israel was a nation long before Islam ever existed . How could he offer it to the muslims, the French and the Irish ? He replied, time is relative don't you know and in a wink he was gone. After that my Timex watch dials started spinning like an airplane propeller, I soon found myself here replying to you when my last recollection it was summer of 73 and I was washing my brand new Dodge Charger on a Friday night in preparation for a hot date with my first wife. Time sho' do fly when one is having fun!-;)-Tyr

Dilloduck
08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
God told me directly that he had intended to give it to the Irish but they were too drunk , then to the French but they were too busy perfuming themselves , then to the muslims but they wanted to stone him and cut off his head..
A Jewish peddler came along and offered him a loaf of bread for it and the bargain was made.. I was immediately suspicious and asked him about the time, since Israel was a nation long before Islam ever existed . How could he offer it to the muslims, the French and the Irish ? He replied, time is relative don't you know and in a wink he was gone. After that my Timex watch dials started spinning like an airplane propeller, I soon found myself here replying to you when my last recollection it was summer of 73 and I was washing my brand new Dodge Charger on a Friday night in preparation for a hot date with my first wife. Time sho' do fly when one is having fun!-;)-Tyr

no answer huh ? :laugh:

Gaffer
08-28-2012, 08:14 AM

So who should be the chosen people then? The Jews have been in Israel for 3000 years. It's historical and archaeological fact. They have been around as a major religion and ethnic group for that long as well. And most importantly they don't attempt to spread their religion at the point of a sword or even missionaries.

That rabbi prayed that god would destroy iran and make Israel safe. Not that Israel would do it. And he didn't claim that iran should be wiped off the map. Just that god was asked to destroy the iranian threat. Totally different than a head of state calling for the destruction of a nation and people.

jimnyc
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Jafar or Abso - do you believe any of the multiple reports about Ahmedinajad over the years calling for the destruction of Israel, or others in power in Iran? Even deny reports from favored sites in Iran who reported pretty much the same? I admit that this Rabbi is an idiot for his comments and have not claimed it never happened or made excuses for him. But with this info about the Rabbi posted, and then further info brought in about the Iranian leader as a "defense", I'm just wondering your beliefs on whether or not Iranian leaders, political or military, have spoken similarly?

jafar00
08-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Jafar or Abso - do you believe any of the multiple reports about Ahmedinajad over the years calling for the destruction of Israel, or others in power in Iran? Even deny reports from favored sites in Iran who reported pretty much the same? I admit that this Rabbi is an idiot for his comments and have not claimed it never happened or made excuses for him. But with this info about the Rabbi posted, and then further info brought in about the Iranian leader as a "defense", I'm just wondering your beliefs on whether or not Iranian leaders, political or military, have spoken similarly?

I agree they have since threatened Israel with destruction in self defense after they repeatedly threatened to attack Iran. However the infamous wiped from the map quote was a bad translation and also taken out of context with who was being addressed.

jimnyc
08-29-2012, 08:21 AM
I agree they have since threatened Israel with destruction in self defense after they repeatedly threatened to attack Iran. However the infamous wiped from the map quote was a bad translation and also taken out of context with who was being addressed.

Translations and reasoning aside, at least you do admit that they threatened Israel with destruction. I'll admit to not knowing literal translations, but will say that destruction of an entire country is awfully similar to wiping them off of the map. I give you credit, you are the first Muslim I have seen that at least has admitted that Iran also has threatened Israel. I see your attempt to make them different - but I don't believe they are, threatening to destroy a country is more or less the same in all languages.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
no answer huh ? :laugh:

It was answer enough considering the question asked.
How is it that you feel fine going back to it being Palestinian land but not to it being Israel before that.
How about those Caanites that Israel took it from?
So it was Israel (1), then it was not (2), now it is again (3). You favor the middle one , why? -Tyr

jafar00
08-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Translations and reasoning aside, at least you do admit that they threatened Israel with destruction. I'll admit to not knowing literal translations, but will say that destruction of an entire country is awfully similar to wiping them off of the map. I give you credit, you are the first Muslim I have seen that at least has admitted that Iran also has threatened Israel. I see your attempt to make them different - but I don't believe they are, threatening to destroy a country is more or less the same in all languages.

You forgot "in self defense" when you bolded my comment ;)

If Israel leaves Iran alone they will not need to fear being attacked by them. Iran hasn't threatened a first strike however justified it would be in order to ward off a real threat from Israel.

How is it that you feel fine going back to it being Palestinian land but not to it being Israel before that.
So it was Israel (1), then it was not (2), now it is again (3). You favor the middle one , why? -Tyr

The Canaanites are the descendants of the Palestinians, so who's land was it in prehistory?

jimnyc
08-30-2012, 07:21 AM

If Israel leaves Iran alone they will not need to fear being attacked by them. Iran hasn't threatened a first strike however justified it would be in order to ward off a real threat from Israel.

Oh, the horror, how could I have forgotten the excuses! NOT ONCE, NOT ONCE, have I ever seen you state that a Muslim was wrong for anything, at least not without an excuse, or denial that they were a real Muslim. It must be a very dreary and sad way to go through life, to be in so much denial and to constantly have to make excuses for your way of life.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2012, 08:13 AM

noted: no answer on why favoring the middle one..-:laugh:-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2012, 08:21 AM

The Canaanites are the descendants of the Palestinians, so who's land was it in prehistory?

I think you meant -ancestors of - not descendants of (Israel destroyed the Caanites leaving very few alive to carry on), be that as it may , ownership is nine-tenths of the law. Israel currently owns it and tough shat to the crybaby bellyachers that are being used by the other Arab nations as an excuse to continue to attack Israel.. To quote my old friend Hershel , "FFKK 'em , feed 'em Fishheads!"--Tyr

Here is a sample and a linked source concerning the Caanites. Enjoy being educated , ok?

http://www.theology.edu/canaan.htm
This is not to say that Israel was permitted or even ordered to treat all other nations the same way, for Deuteronomy 20:10-15 orders them to offer conditions of peace rather than extermination to all others. However, the verses that follow, namely 16-18, disallowed the same offer to be given to Canaan. In fact, the Hebrew wars with other nations (except Canaan) were designed to be only in self-defense.

Why then were the Canaanites singled out for such severe treatment? They were cut off to prevent Israel and the rest of the world from being corrupted (Deut. 20:16-18). When a people starts to burn their children in honor of their gods (Lev. 18:21), practice sodomy, bestiality, and all sorts of loathsome vice (Lev. 18:23, 24, 20:3), the land itself begins to "vomit" them out as the body heaves under the load of internal poisons (Lev. 18:25, 27-30). Thus, "objection to the fate of these nations ... is really an objection to the highest manifestation of the grace of God." Green likens this action on God's part, not to doing evil that good may come (though that does seem often to be God's methodology: the ends justify the means), but doing good in spite of certain evil consequences, just as a surgeon does not refrain from amputating a gangrenous leg even though in so doing he cannot help cutting off much healthy flesh.