PDA

View Full Version : U.S. troops punished over Koran burning, urination video

jimnyc
08-27-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm wondering, as to Karzai, what has he been stating publicly about the recent string of Afghan police and similar that have been shooting those trying to help them? Has he been consistent? It's one thing to demand a public trial and speak out so much about the incident with the Quran, but is he similarly speaking out about murder by his officers?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military said on Monday it was disciplining U.S. troops over two incidents that provoked outrage in Afghanistan early this year, one involving a video depicting Marines urinating on corpses and another over burned copies of the Koran.

The military said the punishments were administrative, which could include actions such as a reprimand, reduction in rank or forfeiture of pay. Neither incident so far has resulted in criminal charges, however, something that may fail to satisfy Afghan demands for justice.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai branded the Marine's actions in the video as "inhuman," and he initially called for a public trial for the soldiers over the Koran incident.

The Marine Corps announced three Marines had pleaded guilty to charges over the video, including one for "urinating on the body of a deceased Taliban soldier." Another wrongfully posed for a photo with human casualties and the third lied about the incident to investigators.

The identities of the Marines were not disclosed and disciplinary actions against other Marines would be announced at a later date, the Marine Corps said.

The video, which became public in January after the images were posted on the Internet, actually took place on or around July 27, 2011, during a counter-insurgency operation in Afghanistan's Helmand province, the Marines said, describing findings of the investigation.

One of the four Marines shown in the video can be heard saying, "Have a nice day, buddy," while another makes a lewd joke, as they urinated on three corpses.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-troops-face-punishment-over-koran-burning-urination-155718044.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-28-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm wondering, as to Karzai, what has he been stating publicly about the recent string of Afghan police and similar that have been shooting those trying to help them? Has he been consistent? It's one thing to demand a public trial and speak out so much about the incident with the Quran, but is he similarly speaking out about murder by his officers?

http://news.yahoo.com/u-troops-face-punishment-over-koran-burning-urination-155718044.html

I do not agree with what they did but they should not be punished except maybe a written reprimand in my opinion. These men are risking their lives fighting murdering vermin and made a mistake. The biggest mistake was in allowing their actions to ever be known outside their small group. Far worse things have been done to enemy dead on a regular basis for thousands of years . At least they didn't scalp them. I would have leaned that way myself in the heat of battle. Got my never used scalping knife in there with my hunting equpment.;)-Tyr

CSM
08-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Apparently our Afghan allies support the beheading of live humans but are aghast at the mutilation of a corpse. Nevertheless, those Marines are being disciplined and that should be enough.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Apparently our Afghan allies support the beheading of live humans but are aghast at the mutilation of a corpse. Nevertheless, those Marines are being disciplined and that should be enough.

Neither the leftists/libs here nor the vermin there will think it enough. I dare say both would think beheading a fitting punishment although the lib/leftists would not openly say so here. As my now deceased Marine friend(God bless his soul) used to always say about such people, "ffkk 'em , feed 'em fishheads." I agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment myself.-:beer:-Tyr

jafar00
08-29-2012, 07:15 AM

The Taliban are your allies now?

Without dealing with the real issues , the conduct of these soldiers was at the very least unprofessional. How can you people defend them?

CSM
08-29-2012, 07:28 AM

Without dealing with the real issues , the conduct of these soldiers was at the very least unprofessional. How can you people defend them?

They were and are being disciplined. The US military doesn't behead people for being unprofessional. The conduct of some Muslims is far more than unprofessional yet you defend THEM. How can you and your ilk do that?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2012, 07:30 AM

We defend them because we know what kind of savage barbarians they are fighting there. People that are barely human. People that think nothing of murdering innocent women and children to further their goals. So they pissed on a corpse, big deal. Bad behaviour but does not equate to that level of savagery coming from their enemies there. A written reprimand should be all that they get IMHO. And get that for making the mistake of not keeping their error from being used as propaganda by the enemy . When one sees bodies blown apart, brains splattered out, pissing on a dead body is insignificent in the overall picture of things! The enemy screams about it after the atrocities they commit without so much a batting an eye. bah, humbug and bullshit on that.. in short, "ffkk 'em feed 'em fishheads."-Tyr

jimnyc
08-29-2012, 09:07 AM

There are citizens in Afghanistan and other people not Taliban.

But I love when what I say comes to fruition. Karzai wants to speak out about peeing, or desecration of a book, but apparently finds no issue with MURDER. And now Jafar addresses it in a similar manner, and not a peep as well about the MURDERS committed by his buddies.

How do you deny endless amounts of abuse of women? You're worried about Americans not being up in arms over despicable, yet in the end, harmless crimes, physically. But we hear crickets an excuses when it's time for Muslims to condemn murderers and millions of women beaters.

jafar00
08-30-2012, 06:48 AM
There are citizens in Afghanistan and other people not Taliban.

But I love when what I say comes to fruition. Karzai wants to speak out about peeing, or desecration of a book, but apparently finds no issue with MURDER. And now Jafar addresses it in a similar manner, and not a peep as well about the MURDERS committed by his buddies.

How do you deny endless amounts of abuse of women? You're worried about Americans not being up in arms over despicable, yet in the end, harmless crimes, physically. But we hear crickets an excuses when it's time for Muslims to condemn murderers and millions of women beaters.

Never have I once defended the Taliban or Al Qaeda nor have I supported them.

jimnyc
08-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Never have I once defended the Taliban or Al Qaeda nor have I supported them.

But your quick to condemn actions that don't harm anyone other than their feelings, but kinda silent on the issues where people die, just like Karzai. I never said you supported them, but compared you to Karzai, who would want to condemn US soldiers for deplorable actions, but hardly a peep if anything when men in his country, in his police force, murder US soldiers. It would appear that a book is more important than human lives.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-31-2012, 09:44 AM
But your quick to condemn actions that don't harm anyone other than their feelings, but kinda silent on the issues where people die, just like Karzai. I never said you supported them, but compared you to Karzai, who would want to condemn US soldiers for deplorable actions, but hardly a peep if anything when men in his country, in his police force, murder US soldiers. It would appear that a book is more important than human lives.

In Islam Allah , tha book and mohamboy are everything . Not a better example of brainwashing to be found anywhere at anytime. Islam teaches that --ALL-- that is not of Islam is trash and vile..
Those three things to them are more important than all human lives.. That is just how delusional and murderous their hearts are! With self-righteous arrogance thrown in as icing on the cake too.-Tyr

DragonStryk72
08-31-2012, 10:06 AM
I do not agree with what they did but they should not be punished except maybe a written reprimand in my opinion. These men are risking their lives fighting murdering vermin and made a mistake. The biggest mistake was in allowing their actions to ever be known outside their small group. Far worse things have been done to enemy dead on a regular basis for thousands of years . At least they didn't scalp them. I would have leaned that way myself in the heat of battle. Got my never used scalping knife in there with my hunting equpment.;)-Tyr

No, I'm sorry, that's the fucking job, and it is laid out in UCMJ, and desecrating the dead is right up there. WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS. Tyranny, slavery, and genocide have also gone on for thousands of years, do we let those slide? This wasn't "the heat of battle", this was after the fight. You can have an enemy, and still comport yourself like a civilized person.

They deserve whatever punishment they get, because they dishonored all of us with their antics. Honor, Courage, Commitment. Which of these do their actions speak to?

The biggest mistake they made was doing it in the first place, because I'm certain we would be okay roles reversed, right? It's not like we'd get pissed off if someone pissed on our fallen, and burned the bible for S&Gs.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-31-2012, 10:27 AM
No, I'm sorry, that's the fucking job, and it is laid out in UCMJ, and desecrating the dead is right up there. WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS. Tyranny, slavery, and genocide have also gone on for thousands of years, do we let those slide? This wasn't "the heat of battle", this was after the fight. You can have an enemy, and still comport yourself like a civilized person.

They deserve whatever punishment they get, because they dishonored all of us with their antics. Honor, Courage, Commitment. Which of these do their actions speak to?

The biggest mistake they made was doing it in the first place, because I'm certain we would be okay roles reversed, right? It's not like we'd get pissed off if someone pissed on our fallen, and burned the bible for S&Gs.

Sure, they should not have done that. However , when does our enemy ever crucify their soldiers for doing even worse than that? Even worse than that while our (captured) soldier is alive! I can not think of even one case in which our enemy ever crucified one of thier men for doing worse to us, can you? Doesnt excuse it but myself I can understand why they felt like pissing on them . As I feel like doing it while they are alive myself. Im not knocking that you are taking the high road here(I acknowledge that) but I feel a written reprimand should be adequate punishment when considering what our guys have gone through there and what the enemy does to our men dead or alive..-Tyr

aboutime
08-31-2012, 12:09 PM

Despite all of the cries here about the terrible things our troops have done, and did. Anyone notice how MUM, and SILENT Obama and the Dems have been in NOT being just as Angry at what is taking place in SYRIA?

Of course. Pissing on a Dead Terrorist MUST BE WORSE...than one man being in charge of the Willful Killing of his Own People by the thousands.
Our soldiers, according to many who also worship Obama, should be punished for what they have done. BUT NO MEMBER OF OBAMA'S admin, other than a few Photo Ops by Hillary...has shown such Anger toward Assad in Syria. Instead. OBAMA wants to Talk nice, bow down, and kiss Assad's ASS...pretending he's sorry for America.