PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Ignores All Minority Speakers From "Racist" RNC Convention

red states rule
08-29-2012, 03:29 AM
So the all white anchors at MSNBC ignore the minorites speaking to a national audience. Yet all I hear from the like of Chris Matthews is the GOP is a bunch of "white guys"

Looks like racism toward black conservatives to me on the part of DNCTV

When popular Tea Party candidate Ted Cruz, the GOP nominee for Senate, took the stage, MSNBC cut away from the Republican National Convention and the Hispanic Republican from Texas’ speech.

MSNBC stayed on commercial through former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis’ speech, as well. Davis, who recently became a Republican, is black.

Then, when Puerto Rican Governor Luis Fortuno’s wife Luce’ Vela Fortuño took the stage minutes later, MSNBC hosts Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews opted to talk over the First Lady’s speech.

And Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval? Noticeably missing from MSNBC, too.
Mia Love, a black candidate for Congress in Utah, was also ignored by MSNBC.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/shocker-msnbc-cut-footage-of-every-minority-speaker-at-the-republican-convention/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2012, 08:36 AM
So the all white anchors at MSNBC ignore the minorites speaking to a national audience. Yet all I hear from the like of Chris Matthews is the GOP is a bunch of "white guys"

Looks like racism toward black conservatives to me on the part of DNCTV

In their little elitist world only those they herald as enlightened matter. Got an R beside your name you are to be treated with nothing but contempt. Such is the product of Arrogance, Hypocrisy and Stupidity..-Tyr

Thunderknuckles
08-29-2012, 10:28 AM
I heard this on the radio this morning as well. I did not have a chance to watch MSNBC coverage last night but if this is true, it's despicable.
You have MSNBC creating a narrative of Republicans being white racists and manipulating their own coverage to support that narrative and thus manipulate the minds of their audience.
A very nefarious scheme on their part.

Trigg
08-29-2012, 03:29 PM
It doesn't matter if the GOP has minority speakers, they're just called tokens or "Aunt Toms"

Antonio Villaraigosa (vee-yah-ry-GOH'-sah) told reporters Tuesday that the GOP "can't just trot out a brown face or a Spanish surname" and expect Latinos to vote Republican. He called that window dressing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/antonio-villaraigosa-gop-convention_n_1836564.html

The dems would LOVE to say they have the hispanics in their back pocket along with the blacks. But it isn't going to work. Hispanics, in this country, are a diverse lot. Cubans vote majority republican and hispanics that have been in the country longer also tend to vote republican. That combined with the fact that hispanics can be of any race, makes them harder to pigeon hole.

In the end I think hispanics are going to be like most other Americans, half will vote dem and half will vote republican. I don't see them as a reliable voting bloc for the dems.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2012, 08:33 PM
It doesn't matter if the GOP has minority speakers, they're just called tokens or "Aunt Toms"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/antonio-villaraigosa-gop-convention_n_1836564.html

The dems would LOVE to say they have the hispanics in their back pocket along with the blacks. But it isn't going to work. Hispanics, in this country, are a diverse lot. Cubans vote majority republican and hispanics that have been in the country longer also tend to vote republican. That combined with the fact that hispanics can be of any race, makes them harder to pigeon hole.

In the end I think hispanics are going to be like most other Americans, half will vote dem and half will vote republican. I don't see them as a reliable voting bloc for the dems.

Libs/dems/leftists just other names used to describe scammers. They manufacture disasters to then blame on their oppostion, promote lies and half-truths while claimimg the high ground. Everytime I hear or read the word hypocrisy I think of them. Everytime!-Tyr

SassyLady
08-30-2012, 03:54 AM
It really doesn't matter what MSNBC does .... because no one is watching it.

Here's what RNC Chairman Priebus had to say:

Asked if he would go on MSNBC again, he said, “I’m happy to go on MSNBC. Joe and Mika, they weren’t too happy about it. The feeling in the room was clearly there was a lot of happiness directed at Chris. I don’t really care. If more than 10 people actually watched his show, I would actually care, but they don’t, so, whatever.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/priebus-responds-to-matthews-grilling-on-morning-joe-hes-the-biggest-jerk-in-the-room/

red states rule
08-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Are the folks at DNCTV (MSNBC) desperate or what?

Now Joking About Obama's Love for Golf is 'Racist' to MSNBC

This afternoon, MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell got his hands on excerpts of the remarks that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was preparing to give this evening. Bound and determined to find racism where it doesn't exist, O'Donnell did not disappoint. Taking to the air on Martin Bashir's eponymous program, O'Donnell laid out his case that McConnell's crack that the president "has been working hard to earn a spot on the PGA tour." (http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/29/mcconnell-obama-has-been-working-to-earn-a-spot-on-the-pga-tour)

That's just plain racist, even if by two or three degrees of separation, O'Donnell explained. The long and short of it: When you think Obama at the PGA, you think of Tiger Woods, and when you think of Tiger Woods, you think about his cheating on his wife. [You can watch the Breitbart video embedded below page break.]

So somehow, and O'Donnell didn't bother to explain his reasoning, philandering is supposed to be a racial thing, even though any sane person playing a word association game that links president with adultery would conjure up white Democratic President Bill Clinton.

At any rate, O'Donnell insisted, McConnell and his senior speechwriters were reaching for a "racial double entendre" that conveys a dog-whistle message to the audience.

Although initially skeptical, Bashir was ultimately convinced. "Wow, things are getting lower and lower by the day," he lamented.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2012/08/29/cant-make-now-joking-about-obamas-love-golf-racist-msnbc#ixzz25A6l9sQR