PDA

View Full Version : California quakes: Now I am worried

Thunderknuckles
08-29-2012, 03:38 PM
We just had another earthquake a few moments ago. This on the heels on the mass of quakes spread over the state a few days ago and the 4.5 we had a few weeks ago.
I don't remember this many quakes happening in such a short amount of time before. Now I'm really starting to wonder if a big one is right around the corner.
Scary.

Dilloduck
08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Better you than me. I lived with them on Okinawa and they got my attention. Good luck !

aboutime
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
We just had another earthquake a few moments ago. This on the heels on the mass of quakes spread over the state a few days ago and the 4.5 we had a few weeks ago.
I don't remember this many quakes happening in such a short amount of time before. Now I'm really starting to wonder if a big one is right around the corner.
Scary.

Thunderknuckles. How many warnings do you need if you live in California. First. Everybody was wondering what all those BANGS were. Then the series of Earthquakes getting closer, and becoming more Frequent?

Not trying to be a smart ass here but. How many times do you need to bang your head on the wall before you tell yourself. THAT HURTS?

Little-Acorn
08-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Another earthquake?

(yawn)

aboutime
08-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Another earthquake?

(yawn)

Yawn....Change the name from Earthquake to Brown-movement. The GOLDEN STATE deserves whatever they get. QUAKES are the only thing Jerry Brown has no control over....for now. Until he figures a way to TAX them.

jimnyc
08-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Hope you're all safe out the on the WC, as well as anyone in the way of this hurricane!

Little-Acorn
08-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Hope you're all safe out the on the WC, as well as anyone in the way of this hurricane!

Good point.

1.) How many people have been killed by earthquakes in California in the last 100 years?

2.) How many people have been killed by hurricanes in the Gulf Coast area in the last 100 years?

3.) How many people have been killed by tornadoes in the Midwest in the last 100 years?

4.) How many people have been killed by cold weather in the northern parts of the U.S. in the last 100 years?

Thunderknuckles
08-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Another earthquake?

(yawn)
It's not just another Earthquake. As a California native I'd be yawning about that too.
We are talking about what they call an "earthquake swarm". On August 26th alone we had ~300 small earthquakes in the state. That's only one day and they have been happening since. They say swarms are unusual but not rare. However, I don't remember getting shaken up this bad and I've been here since the 70s.

Gaffer
08-29-2012, 10:22 PM
It's just Bush playing with his earthquake machine.

His hurricane machine is working good too, notice how he steered it from the convention to Louisiana?

:thumb:

gabosaurus
08-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Good point.

1.) How many people have been killed by earthquakes in California in the last 100 years?

2.) How many people have been killed by hurricanes in the Gulf Coast area in the last 100 years?

3.) How many people have been killed by tornadoes in the Midwest in the last 100 years?

4.) How many people have been killed by cold weather in the northern parts of the U.S. in the last 100 years?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Occasional earthquakes are the price we pay for living in Paradise. And native SoCals never worry about any quake below a 6. :cool:

SassyLady
08-30-2012, 03:48 AM
Well, I was prepping for an economic collapse .... glad I'm prepared just in case these quakes get bigger and nastier.

Little-Acorn
08-30-2012, 10:37 AM
It's not just another Earthquake. As a California native I'd be yawning about that too.
We are talking about what they call an "earthquake swarm".

It's just another earthquake swarm.

(yawn)

08-31-2012, 12:18 AM
The big one could be around the corner. Why worry about it though? It could be tomorrow, it could be 10 years from now. It might not be for 1000 years. You can't stop it. All you can do is prepare for emergencies.

So prepare what you can and you wont need to worry because if you are prepared you shall not fear.

aboutime
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Occasional earthquakes are the price we pay for living in Paradise. And native SoCals never worry about any quake below a 6. :cool:

Funny stuff Gabby. Calling the BROKE state, or the near BANKRUPT state of High Taxes Paradise is like Obama calling Rush Limbaugh his big Brother.

Thunderknuckles
08-31-2012, 02:21 PM
It's just another earthquake swarm.

(yawn)
:laugh:
Can't catch a break!

Shadow
09-01-2012, 01:14 AM
We are talking about what they call an "earthquake swarm". On August 26th alone we had ~300 small earthquakes in the state. That's only one day and they have been happening since. They say swarms are unusual but not rare. However, I don't remember getting shaken up this bad and I've been here since the 70s.

I'm glad I don't live there anymore then. I would be miserable right now if I did. When I did live in CA...I could predict them...just by the shear fact that I would get massive migraines right before one hit. No thanks.