PDA

View Full Version : Devastating speech by Paul Ryan and the Republican Convention, Wed Aug. 29

Little-Acorn
08-29-2012, 11:09 PM
It was TERRIFIC.

Text here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/paul-ryan-republican-convention-speech-excerpts/2012/08/29/f245c6b6-f21f-11e1-a612-3cfc842a6d89_story.html

See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcE1v_Y2hvA

He started calmy, in a friendly demeanor, Some funny lines, some very good points. But it hung together well, and was powerful and VERY effective.

Romney 2012 and 2016, Ryan 2020 and 2024.

Democrats are already hacking away at it, of course.
It's all lies, it's all flip-flops, he didn't mean any of it, all the usual whines they never somehow get around to analyzing Obama's and Biden's speeches for.

gabosaurus
08-29-2012, 11:20 PM
If you liked Ryan's speech, thank the guys who wrote it. The main architect was the guy who wrote Dubya's 9-11 response. Romney's staff had a lot of input.

Otherwise, I can't believe you guys watch political speeches on TV. I have never watched a one of them (Dem or GOP). If I want horse manure, I will visit a stable.

Little-Acorn
08-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Democrats are already hacking away at it, of course.
It's all lies, it's all flip-flops, he didn't mean any of it, all the usual whines they never somehow get around to analyzing Obama's and Biden's speeches for.
If you liked Ryan's speech, thank the guys who wrote it. The main architect was the guy who wrote Dubya's 9-11 response. Romney's staff had a lot of input.

Otherwise, I can't believe you guys watch political speeches on TV. I have never watched a one of them (Dem or GOP).
Can I call 'em, or what? :D

If I want horse manure, I will visit a stable.
Little gabby exposes both Ryan's source of comments, and her own.

gabosaurus
08-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Overreacting much?
I didn't criticize Ryan or the contents of his speech (which I haven't heard or read about). I merely stated that politicians don't write speeches. They only deliver them.
And if you think campaign speeches (both sides) are anything more than horse manure, you are enjoying all this WAY too much.

SassyLady
08-30-2012, 04:00 AM
Wow, Gabby, aren't you the one that was bowled over by all of Obama's speeches? Enough to vote for him? If you never listened to any of his speeches, how did you determine to vote for him? Or did you vote straight party line and that way you never had to listen to anything?

SassyLady
08-30-2012, 04:03 AM
I have watched:

Ann Romney, Chris Christie, Condeleeza Rice, Susana Martinez and Ryan's speeches. All were great no matter who wrote them. I was extremely impressed that Rice did not use the teleprompter and was able to deliver her speech just from her notes.

Acorn, if Ryan is running 2020 I would love to see Martinez as his VP. Her best line was that she had always been a Democrat and was approached by Republicans to have dinner and she theorized that it was to ask her to make a party change when she was running for DA. She told her husband that they would be polite, have dinner and then say "No Thank You". After talking about issues and on the way home she turned to her husband and said "Damn, we ARE Republicans!!"

Little-Acorn
08-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Acorn, if Ryan is running 2020 I would love to see Martinez as his VP. Her best line was that she had always been a Democrat and was approached by Republicans to have dinner and she theorized that it was to ask her to make a party change when she was running for DA. She told her husband that they would be polite, have dinner and then say "No Thank You". After talking about issues and on the way home she turned to her husband and said "Damn, we ARE Republicans!!"

Same sort of thing happened to Ronald Reagan, who was a Democrat in the 1950s. As he put it, "I didn't leave the Democrat party. The Democrat party left me."

Little-Acorn
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life.

Great...... :D

tailfins
08-30-2012, 12:16 PM

Otherwise, I can't believe you guys watch political speeches on TV. I have never watched a one of them (Dem or GOP). If I want horse manure, I will visit a stable.

You seem to spend lots of time at the Democrat stable.

I do, however disagree with the original title of this thread: A speech is generally "devastating" if the speaker made a gaffe.

aboutime
08-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Can I call 'em, or what? :D

Little gabby exposes both Ryan's source of comments, and her own.

Did anyone really expect anything less from a nobody like Gabby?

Useless, incoherent, dribble from such a sad, miserable kind of person here. Only tells me that my feelings abour Ryan's speech were RIGHT ON.
It was a great speech, and the typical, expected, miserable, frustrated, confused, lie dependent liberals MUST call it something else. It's all they know how to do. BE Negative, Ignorant, Illiterate, and dumb. It's the OBAMA WAY.

If Gabby was this negative about Ryan. Just wait till after Romney speaks tonight. GUARANTEED...we ain't heard nothing yet...from Gabby and the rest of the terminally disturbed Obama lie cheerleaders.

tailfins
08-30-2012, 02:45 PM

Useless, incoherent, dribble from such a sad, miserable kind of person here. Only tells me that my feelings abour Ryan's speech were RIGHT ON.
It was a great speech, and the typical, expected, miserable, frustrated, confused, lie dependent liberals MUST call it something else. It's all they know how to do. BE Negative, Ignorant, Illiterate, and dumb. It's the OBAMA WAY.

If Gabby was this negative about Ryan. Just wait till after Romney speaks tonight. GUARANTEED...we ain't heard nothing yet...from Gabby and the rest of the terminally disturbed Obama lie cheerleaders.

It's still just a speech. I guess if it motivates people to put up yard signs, make phone calls, do internet promotion work, etc. it's still worth the investment.

Noir
08-30-2012, 03:34 PM

I guess we should all expect much more from a 'somebody' like you ^,^

08-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Ive heard alot of good speeches the last few days. Listening to Clint right now.

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Wow, Gabby, aren't you the one that was bowled over by all of Obama's speeches? Enough to vote for him? If you never listened to any of his speeches, how did you determine to vote for him? Or did you vote straight party line and that way you never had to listen to anything?

If you were here four years ago, you will remember that I didn't exactly vote "for" Obama. I voted against McCain and Palin. I have never listened to a single speech given by Obama. I have read excerpts. None of them really impressive.
I have never voted straight party in my life. I have voted for several Republicans.
How many Democrats have you voted for?

Voted4Reagan
08-31-2012, 10:44 AM
If you were here four years ago, you will remember that I didn't exactly vote "for" Obama. I voted against McCain and Palin. I have never listened to a single speech given by Obama. I have read excerpts. None of them really impressive.
I have never voted straight party in my life. I have voted for several Republicans.
How many Democrats have you voted for?

After 4 years of 8+% unemployment and all the Failed Economic Policies I bet you wish you had that vote back.

I personally know several Liberals that are NOT going to Vote for Obama again...

But you'll vote for him again.... and say it was a vote against Romney and not have the courage to stand by your convictions...

What a Coward...

aboutime
08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Ive heard alot of good speeches the last few days. Listening to Clint right now.

The very first time I actually voted in a Presidential election was for Carter. And sadly. At that time. I was just as uninformed, and easily led as everyone who voted for Obama in 2008, and the same as those who will vote for him again in November.

The only reason I voted for Carter then, was due to his Navy experience in the Nuclear Submarine Navy. What a huge mistake I can honestly say...I've never made since. Being far more interested, and forcing myself to learn more about the candidates before WASTING my vote.

The last three days of the Republican convention were a learning experience again. And this time. I paid attention to what was taking place, as well as what all of the Expected Romney hate squad HAD, and NEEDED to say...as expected, and just like before.

Romney and Ryan have a much better chance today after Americans were given the straight TRUTH about Obama, and how he is determined to Destroy America by taking advantage of the Perpetually Un-informed, Un-educated by design, easily led, most gullible portion of our entire population who only see COLOR as their reason for voting blindly to destroy their families, children, and grand children because of their Selfishness.