PDA

View Full Version : Happy Merdeka Malaysia!

jafar00
08-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I was sitting in my hotel in Kuala Lumpur on a 2 day transit on the way back to Sydney, oblivious to what was going on until I saw this outside my window!

http://img15.imagefra.me/i58u/jafar00/gbe8_ae9_u9brf.jpg

Happy Merdeka Malaysia! 55 years of independence is being celebrated today!

fj1200
08-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Happy Merdeka Malaysia! 55 years of independence is being celebrated today!

55 years of subjugation under the Muslim Caliphate? :poke: @ ???

jafar00
08-30-2012, 10:08 PM
55 years of subjugation under the Muslim Caliphate? :poke: @ ???

Sorry if an Islamic State appears to be having fun :p

It's 55 years since they threw off the yolk of British rule. Something the US and Malaysia have in common. Malaysia is a good example of an Islamic country done right where the official national holidays come from Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism. Where a Hindu temple worshiping Elephants or Monkeys can happily co-exist next to a Mosque or Church.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2012, 07:57 AM

It's 55 years since they threw off the yolk of British rule. Something the US and Malaysia have in common. Malaysia is a good example of an Islamic country done right where the official national holidays come from Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism. Where a Hindu temple worshiping Elephants or Monkeys can happily co-exist next to a Mosque or Church.

There is no-happy co-existence with Islam not even when one is allowed to live as a subjugated entity within the world of the self-acclaimed superior beings. -Tyr

fj1200
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM

No problem by me, just having some fun. :)

jafar00
09-01-2012, 08:02 PM
There is no-happy co-existence with Islam not even when one is allowed to live as a subjugated entity within the world of the self-acclaimed superior beings. -Tyr

You haven't been to Malaysia then.