PDA

View Full Version : I am surprised men and women get together at all.

Shadow
08-30-2012, 07:18 PM
This has been a very strange month...full of ironic twists.

Todays lesson was how stupid people are when it comes to relationships.

I have had a crush on this one man I know for years (ever since I first met him). We are friendly but he could never see me for the trees (if you know what I mean). Always interested in everyone else.

This has happened to me several times now...

So, today I am just sitting there and I happen to over hear this conversation between one of my friends and this prissy twig of a girl discussing this same man. Allegedly he has been trying to hook up with her for some time now. At any rate...she had nothing but bad things to say about him...his looks...his personality...even called him a creep and a loser. Shocking to me...I can't picture any of this about him. Then she claims to be offended because he keeps trying to 'friend' her on facebook.

I still don't get it. I must be a bad judge of character or something.

He apparently thinks this other girl is hot stuff (to me she is a catty little bitch)...she thinks he is a total loser (to me he is good looking, smart and funny).

I think they both have bad taste. If people suck this bad when it comes to who they want to date...how does anyone ever hook up?

Thunderknuckles
08-30-2012, 07:31 PM
I thought you already had a man Shadow?

Anyway, probably for the best. If that guy keeps barking up that chick's tree it's only for one thing.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2012, 07:32 PM
This has been a very strange month...full of ironic twists.

Todays lesson was how stupid people are when it comes to relationships.

I have had a crush on this one man I know for years (ever since I first met him). We are friendly but he could never see me for the trees (if you know what I mean). Always interested in everyone else.

This has happened to me several times now...

So, today I am just sitting there and I happen to over hear this conversation between one of my friends and this prissy twig of a girl discussing this same man. Allegedly he has been trying to hook up with her for some time now. At any rate...she had nothing but bad things to say about him...his looks...his personality...even called him a creep and a loser. Shocking to me...I can't picture any of this about him. Then she claims to be offended because he keeps trying to 'friend' her on facebook.

I still don't get it. I must be a bad judge of character or something.

He apparently thinks this other girl is hot stuff (to me she is a catty little bitch)...she thinks he is a total loser (to me he is good looking, smart and funny).

I think they both have bad taste. If people suck this bad when it comes to who they want to date...how does anyone ever hook up?

May I be so bold as to make a suggestion? Ok, I take it that you said yes so.
Put on your best sexiest clothes, your best sexiest perfume when you know he will be around and give him the 'ole "I'm hot and ready routine!" Nothing sexier than knowing that a gal wants to hit ya over tha head ,drag ya home and ride you like a bronc.. I've been waylaid like that a few times and I ain't ever a complainin' bout it, no sir, not even on a bad rainy day is that anything to complain about. :laugh2:-Tyr

Thunderknuckles
08-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Put on your best sexiest clothes, your best sexiest perfume when you know he will be around and give him the 'ole "I'm hot and ready routine!" Nothing sexier than knowing that a gal wants to hit ya over ha head ,drag ya home and ride you like a bronc.. I've been waylaid like that a few times and I ain't ever a complainin' bout it, no sir, not even on a bad rainy day is that anything to complain about. :laugh2:-Tyr
Yep, the good ole "Me love you long time!" should do the trick. You might even get some cab fare afterwards :p

Dilloduck
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Thank you for defending me.

SassyLady
08-30-2012, 07:48 PM

What a cad you are Dillo for not seeing that Shadow has a crush and for being a creep about the other lady! :slap:

Shadow
08-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Yeah...happens enough... don't it. I'm gonna start charging you fees. :coffee:

Dilloduck
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
What a cad you are Dillo for not seeing that Shadow has a crush and for being a creep about the other lady! :slap:

I've done my best to let her know my feelings but she's never tried the "me love you long time" approach. I'm the shy type. (what other lady?)

Dilloduck
08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah...happens enough... don't it. I'm gonna start charging you fees. :coffee:

If only everyone had to insight to me that you do. :bighug:

Shadow
08-30-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought you already had a man Shadow?

Anyway, probably for the best. If that guy keeps barking up that chick's tree it's only for one thing.

Exactly why I never pursued anything. Seemed like a waste of time. The women he is interested in are light years away from the kind of person I am ( In my view anyway).

Put on your best sexiest clothes, your best sexiest perfume when you know he will be around and give him the 'ole "I'm hot and ready routine!" Nothing sexier than knowing that a gal wants to hit ya over tha head ,drag ya home and ride you like a bronc.. I've been waylaid like that a few times and I ain't ever a complainin' bout it, no sir, not even on a bad rainy day is that anything to complain about. :laugh2:-Tyr

I am trying to picture myself doing this...I'm not seeing it though. Although... I did have a fantasy about just walking up and planting one on him once (he has nice looking lips).

Yep, the good ole "Me love you long time!" should do the trick. You might even get some cab fare afterwards :p

Actually...seeing the type of women he likes...probably more than just cab fare.

Dillo likes the hussys. ;)

Shadow
08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
I've done my best to let her know my feelings but she's never tried the "me love you long time" approach. I'm the shy type. (what other lady?)

This made me laugh out loud. I'm sure you know why too. :laugh:

Dilloduck
08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Exactly why I never pursued anything. Seemed like a waste of time. The women he is interested in are light years away from the kind of person I am ( In my view anyway).

I am trying to picture myself doing this...I'm not seeing it though. Although... I did have a fantasy about just walking up and planting one on him once (he has nice looking lips).

Actually...seeing the type of women he likes...probably more than just cab fare.

those compliments are getting you no where

Shadow
08-30-2012, 08:17 PM
those compliments are getting you no where

Didn't we have this conversation once....a long long time ago. I seem to be having deja vu now.

Dilloduck
08-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Didn't we have this conversation once....a long long time ago. I seem to be having deja vu now.

Probably when you were complimenting me on my bowling skills.

Shadow
08-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Probably when you were complimenting me on my bowling skills.

Well, you did have nice form....that's true.

Dilloduck
08-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Well, you did have nice form....that's true.

and I tried to lose---I really did !

Shadow
08-30-2012, 08:42 PM
and I tried to lose---I really did !

Would that be kinda like how you didn't see that lady in the parking lot with the little black dress (and no panties on) either. :laugh2:

08-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I understand. I still dont know how i convinced my wife to marry me. or why she wanted to. I just hope she doesnt wise up one of these days

Dilloduck
08-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Would that be kinda like how you didn't see that lady in the parking lot with the little black dress (and no panties on) either. :laugh2:

I tried not to look but she was squealing by the trunk.

Shadow
08-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I understand. I still dont know how i convinced my wife to marry me. or why she wanted to. I just hope she doesnt wise up one of these days

She obviously saw something in you she connected with...and she was apparently right to feel that way. You both are lucky.

Makes me think of one of my aunts and an uncle. He used to call her the 'commander in chief' of their relationship...and she did kinda order him around....he loved it though (especially the constant razzing he gave her about being bossy...which was always met with her eye rolls). Always together... and best of friends. They complimented each other in a way that you don't see very often.

Shadow
08-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I tried not to look but she was squealing by the trunk.

Well... her ass did kinda glow in the dark...so, you are off the hook since it was kinda hard to miss.

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 12:41 AM
If people suck this bad when it comes to who they want to date...how does anyone ever hook up?

Men on the prowl for love are stupid.
When men fall in love, they become incredibly stupid.
When women fall in love, they allow men to make them look stupid.

Men and women hook up for the same reasons -- sex and the desire for sex. If the quest is not fulfilled, they become even more stupid. And more desperate. :eek:

cadet
08-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Men on the prowl for love are stupid.
When men fall in love, they become incredibly stupid.
When women fall in love, they allow men to make them look stupid.

Men and women hook up for the same reasons -- sex and the desire for sex. If the quest is not fulfilled, they become even more stupid. And more desperate. :eek:

Wow, I really don't like that view on relationships. Makes all guys sound like heartless pigs and girls sound like morons.

DragonStryk72
08-31-2012, 09:13 AM

Well, I guess the first question is: How clear have you been about wanting to be with him? And bear in mind, you have to use boy-speak, cause we don't get hints.

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Wow, I really don't like that view on relationships. Makes all guys sound like heartless pigs and girls sound like morons.

First time you really fall in love, you will understand. :cool:

cadet
08-31-2012, 11:49 AM
First time you really fall in love, you will understand. :cool:

So, people just get stupider when they fall in love...

So... You're smarteer when you're young? I guess i was right when i went through that phase of "I'm smarter then you" in puberty. :laugh:

DragonStryk72
08-31-2012, 06:39 PM

So... You're smarteer when you're young? I guess i was right when i went through that phase of "I'm smarter then you" in puberty. :laugh:

lol, to an extent, yes. I actually do understand what she means by the statement. However smart you are at other times becomes irrelevant when you're really in love with someone, and this can be good and bad. Chances you would never consider taking otherwise, you'll take when you're deeply in love with someone. This can be good in cases where it pushes you to strive for better, but it can be bad as well when it causes you to take risk you really shouldn't have.

Shadow
09-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Well, I guess the first question is: How clear have you been about wanting to be with him? And bear in mind, you have to use boy-speak, cause we don't get hints.

Define boy-speak.

Anyway...I'm thinking that men do get the subtle 'hints'...they just may pretend not to sometimes.

Case in point: I was apparently clear enough to make him very uncomfortable...uncomfortable enough to make a comment about it,even though I never actually 'said' anything to him directly one way or another.

People will also put up with and overlook a lot of things that they nomally would not when they are in love. Could be one of the things Gabby meant by 'men make women stupid'.

Thunderknuckles
09-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Define boy-speak.

Anyway...I'm thinking that men do get the subtle 'hints'...they just may pretend not to sometimes.

Did you smile at him and prolong eye contact by a second or two? We get that :)

As for "Boy Speak", if you don't understand this, you're behind the curve. Men speak in straight lines, getting right to the point. Women, all too often, speak in circles wanting Men to understand the point.
We don't. We are too busy chasing you around the circumference of the circle expecting you to lead us right to the point, only to find we are standing at the same place we were a few minutes ago.

Seasoned men understand this and decide it's just not worth the trouble and just say "yes dear".

Shadow
09-01-2012, 08:52 PM

As for "Boy Speak", if you don't understand this, you're behind the curve. Men speak in straight lines, getting right to the point. Women, all too often, speak in circles wanting Men to understand the point.
We don't. We are too busy chasing you around the circumference of the circle expecting you to lead us right to the point, only to find we are standing at the same place we were a few minutes ago.

Seasoned men understand this and decide it's just not worth the trouble and just say "yes dear".

Yeah...okay. I am not buying this load of 'straight to the point' hoo ha. Men can be some of the biggest mind game players there are.

Lead you to believe one thing...then throw you under the bus.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah...okay. I am not buying this load of 'straight to the point' hoo ha. Men can be some of the biggest mind game players there are.

Lead you to believe one thing...then throw you under the bus.

Some men are just plain dogs. Its in our genes and often its in our jeans wanting out too!;)
Some guys think that the conquest is the cat's meow, usually younger and dumber guys.
After maturing they often find that it's the relationship that matters most. Sad part is that a lot of them never figure that out! However no shortage of females that do the same and run guys thru the mill , tossing 'em under he bus ! Its gotten worse with women doing that in the last 3 decades. Any guy claiming to have never been tossed under the bus didnt play the field very much or is lying about it IMHO. I've been tossed a a few times myself and it wasnt because I got caught cheating . Well not everytime.;)
It is great to be able and look back while not worrying about that anymore! Remember, when a guy does not appreciate his woman enough its better for both parties involved that they go their seperate ways usually the sooner the better.--Tyr

DragonStryk72
09-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Define boy-speak.

Case in point: I was apparently clear enough to make him very uncomfortable...uncomfortable enough to make a comment about it,even though I never actually 'said' anything to him directly one way or another.

No, we don't, not in general, and even less so if our attention is focused elsewhere. you have to be pretty flat out about things unless he's already considering you, because otherwise he's just not gonna get it.

People will also put up with and overlook a lot of things that they nomally would not when they are in love. Could be one of the things Gabby meant by 'men make women stupid'.

;

Shadow
09-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Some men are just plain dogs. Its in our genes and often its in our jeans wanting out too!;)
Some guys think that the conquest is the cat's meow, usually younger and dumber guys.
After maturing they often find that it's the relationship that matters most. Sad part is that a lot of them never figure that out! However no shortage of females that do the same and run guys thru the mill , tossing 'em under he bus ! Its gotten worse with women doing that in the last 3 decades. Any guy claiming to have never been tossed under the bus didnt play the field very much or is lying about it IMHO. I've been tossed a a few times myself and it wasnt because I got caught cheating . Well not everytime.;)
It is great to be able and look back while not worrying about that anymore! Remember, when a guy does not appreciate his woman enough its better for both parties involved that they go their seperate ways usually the sooner the better.--Tyr

I've witnessed plenty of women doing the same thing. I won't deny that either. I will even go a step further and even agree that they have gotten worse in the last 3 decades. Especially once they learned men would give them 'stuff' for sex and they have become more superficial. I just don't agree that men are totally open, honest and 'straight to the point' about what they want from a relationship or how they feel about you.

Shadow
09-01-2012, 10:13 PM
No, we don't, not in general, and even less so if our attention is focused elsewhere. you have to be pretty flat out about things unless he's already considering you, because otherwise he's just not gonna get it.

If their attention is focused 'elsewhere' then I'm not really interested anyway. Who want's a man who has his head up some other woman's butt 24/7? I'm not exactly the type who wants (or feels the need) to fight for a man's attention. But I do understand what you are saying. Which is why I said in the beginning that was one of the reasons I never pursued anything with this man.

Sorry to be crude BTW. :laugh:

Shadow
09-01-2012, 10:43 PM

Oh...and I forgot to ask. What does prolonged eye contact and a smile say to men?

Thunderknuckles
09-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh...and I forgot to ask. What does prolonged eye contact and a smile say to men?
Were I looking at you now, I'd say "animosity" for which I will bow my head by way of apology and excuse myself.

DragonStryk72
09-01-2012, 11:08 PM
If their attention is focused 'elsewhere' then I'm not really interested anyway. Who want's a man who has his head up some other woman's butt 24/7? I'm not exactly the type who wants (or feels the need) to fight for a man's attention. But I do understand what you are saying. Which is why I said in the beginning that was one of the reasons I never pursued anything with this man.

Sorry to be crude BTW. :laugh:

Yeah, but the thing is, he might snap out of it if you do talk to him. It may simply be that he's got tunnelvision really bad. Won't know til you try, and you won't stop questioning it if you don't.

DragonStryk72
09-01-2012, 11:09 PM

Depends. If it's nice eye contact, it means you're open. If it's bad eye contact, it may mean we have a stage five clinger in the works.

Shadow
09-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Were I looking at you now, I'd say "animosity" for which I will bow my head by way of apology and excuse myself.

LOL didn't mean to scare you off. Didn't realize I was radiating animosity. Sorry for being abrupt...no need to apologize.:beer:

Shadow
09-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, but the thing is, he might snap out of it if you do talk to him. It may simply be that he's got tunnelvision really bad. Won't know til you try, and you won't stop questioning it if you don't.

True. First I would have to decide what it is I am actually questioning here though. Is it the what if's of an actual relationship...or something else?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I just don't agree that men are totally open, honest and 'straight to the point' about what they want from a relationship or how they feel about you.

The good and decent ones usually are! Not so abrupt as to be rude about it but will let a gal know where they'd like her to be. I was straight forward and very open with my wife before we agreed to even meet and that was after 3 years long distance romance, she in the Philippines with me being in USA. I now see that our long courtship benefited us both. Back then I was anxious to make the physical bond . Once there talking eye to eye I knew it was real and a done deal for me! She has pretty much validated that our actual face to face meeting sealed it for her too even though she knew she loved me it took that physical bond to forge the gap between dream and reality. Now after 8 years we see that reality was true and right on target. I simply can not imagine not being with her and that feeling has been admitted by her too. -Tyr

Shadow
09-02-2012, 12:13 AM
The good and decent ones usually are! Not so abrupt as to be rude about it but will let a gal know where they'd like her to be. I was straight forward and very open with my wife before we agreed to even meet and that was after 3 years long distance romance, she in the Philippines with me being in USA. I now see that our long courtship benefited us both. Back then I was anxious to make the physical bond . Once there talking eye to eye I knew it was real and a done deal for me! She has pretty much validated that our actual face to face meeting sealed it for her too even though she knew she loved me it took that physical bond to forge the gap between dream and reality. Now after 8 years we see that reality was true and right on target. I simply can not imagine not being with her and that feeling has been admitted by her too. -Tyr

I can see where a long distance relationship could be beneficial during the 'get to know you' phase (definately). A person might be more likely to be themself (more open) when you aren't trying to make the kind of impression people do when they are actually face to face trying to say the right things,and act a certain way. They can be more relaxed...takes a lot of the pressure off. The first meet up could be kind of unnerving I would think. Wondering if the other would like what they saw (after already being invested in the emotional side of things). Sounds like you guys did okay though.

I'm not really saying that I don't think men can be straight forward when they want to be. I just took issue with the statement that women always talk in circles and men don't (they just go along) because that has not been my experience in the past.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2012, 12:32 AM
I can see where a long distance relationship could be beneficial during the 'get to know you' phase (definately). A person might be more likely to be themself (more open) when you aren't trying to make the kind of impression people do when they are actually face to face trying to say the right things,and act a certain way. They can be more relaxed...takes a lot of the pressure off. The first meet up could be kind of unnerving I would think. Wondering if the other would like what they saw (after already being invested in the emotional side of things). Sounds like you guys did okay though.

I'm not really saying that I don't think men can be straight forward when they want to be. I just took issue with the statement that women always talk in circles and men don't (they just go along) because that has not been my experience in the past.

My friend you need to meet men from the South. Especially those raised up as country boys working on farms. More honesty there and more repect given to women too. Only problem is even there its with guys 30 or older because 18 to 30 most guys are after S E X only. Somewhere around 30 the sexdrive slows down enough, the maturity advances enough for the blinders to come off. At least it does for a lot of men then they are better to and better for women. Most guys today in this world/culture shouldnt even consider marraige until they are in their 30's. Girls have gotte much worse too. The moral corruption has had its negative effects and faithfulness has suffered greatly because of it and with little to no faithfulness relationships are often very fleeting and hard to maintain for any great length of time. True commitment requires that faithfullness from both parties and sex everywhere and in everything has degraded that as the higher goal. Too easy to go from sexual encounter to sexual encounter with the new thrill becoming more important than the relationship. I was guilty of that as a young man , very guilty. You are born, then you live, then you die! The middle one , living , is where all the mistakes are made be they good or bad .. The good in mistakes is the learning from them.. I've experienced a damn lot of good in my life!-Tyr

Shadow
09-02-2012, 12:59 AM
My friend you need to meet men from the South. Especially those raised up as country boys working on farms. More honesty there and more repect given to women too. Only problem is even there its with guys 30 or older because 18 to 30 most guys are after S E X only. Somewhere around 30 the sexdrive slows down enough, the maturity advances enough for the blinders to come off. At least it does for a lot of men then they are better to and better for women. Most guys today in this world/culture shouldnt even consider marraige until they are in their 30's. Girls have gotte much worse too. The moral corruption has had its negative effects and faithfulness has suffered greatly because of it and with little to no faithfulness relationships are often very fleeting and hard to maintain for any great length of time. True commitment requires that faithfullness from both parties and sex everywhere and in everything has degraded that as the higher goal. Too easy to go from sexual encounter to sexual encounter with the new thrill becoming more important than the relationship. I was guilty of that as a young man , very guilty. You are born, then you live, then you die! The middle one , living , is where all the mistakes are made be they good or bad .. The good in mistakes is the learning from them.. I've experienced a damn lot of good in my life!-Tyr

Blinders probably come off through experiencing the ins and outs of love and loss. If they aren't investing anything...they are less likely to care. And it does seem like the thrill of the chase is what men look for a lot of the time. When things get too hard...time to move on. It's a disposable world ( In more ways than one)

Your mistakes and how they are dealt with are what build character. In my opinion you can usually sum up a persons character pretty quickly through just a few conversations and observations. Be it good or bad. Which is another reason I was questioning if I was a bad judge of character and didn't realize it. Keep wondering if I miss certain cues (I do tend to over look a lot if I like a person). The girl I was referring to in the OP totally had a different view than I did about the man in question for instance.

I do feel sorry for my girls having to forge relationships in this day and age. I always felt like I was born late and had a hard time relating to my own generation. Can't imagine what they have to look forward to in that area. Doesn't seem like men with good solid core values are as easy to find any more. Much more selfish.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Blinders probably come off through experiencing the ins and outs of love and loss. If they aren't investing anything...they are less likely to care. And it does seem like the thrill of the chase is what men look for a lot of the time. When things get too hard...time to move on. It's a disposable world ( In more ways than one)

Your mistakes and how they are dealt with are what build character. In my opinion you can usually sum up a persons character pretty quickly through just a few conversations and observations. Be it good or bad. Which is another reason I was questioning if I was a bad judge of character and didn't realize it. Keep wondering if I miss certain cues (I do tend to over look a lot if I like a person). The girl I was referring to in the OP totally had a different view than I did about the man in question for instance.

I do feel sorry for my girls having to forge relationships in this day and age. I always felt like I was born late and had a hard time relating to my own generation. Can't imagine what they have to look forward to in that area. Doesn't seem like men with good solid core values are as easy to find any more. Much more selfish.

Teach your girls your values and I'm sure that they'll be alright. At least as well as anybody else that has to wade thru relationship troubles. Its all just a part of living and learning that we so often complain about but need desperately... Never saw it when young man but the years and some heartbreak has taught me bit.-Tyr

Kathianne
09-02-2012, 01:25 AM
She obviously saw something in you she connected with...and she was apparently right to feel that way. You both are lucky.

Makes me think of one of my aunts and an uncle. He used to call her the 'commander in chief' of their relationship...and she did kinda order him around....he loved it though (especially the constant razzing he gave her about being bossy...which was always met with her eye rolls). Always together... and best of friends. They complimented each other in a way that you don't see very often.

I rep'd his post you are referring to. I do think he was a catch, said so for years. His wife is a lucky lady, so too is he from the sounds of it. More deserving guy I can't think of.

I really wanted to fix him up at one point, back at old site with my daughter, would have been a disaster. She's now happily married as is he. Why a disaster? Well my daughter is a bit of a drama girl:

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zzop00.png

They are both better off, though I think the world of them.

Shadow
09-02-2012, 01:29 AM
I rep'd his post you are referring to. I do think he was a catch, said so for years. His wife is a lucky lady, so too is he from the sounds of it. More deserving guy I can't think of.

I really wanted to fix him up at one point, back at old site with my daughter, would have been a disaster. She's now happily married as is he. Why a disaster? Well my daughter is a bit of a drama girl:

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zzop00.png

They are both better off, though I think the world of them.

Your daughter is a very pretty girl!

Kathianne
09-02-2012, 01:54 AM

Thank you! She is and knows it. LOL!

Kathianne
09-02-2012, 01:54 AM

You should hear her sing! OMG! The angels cry!

taft2012
09-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Women are bat-shyte crazy and there is empirical evidence to support this.

When serial killers like Ted Bundy show up for court cases, there's inevitably a parade of women present with love letters and marriage proposals.

Men do not show up for court cases for women like Lorena Bobbit or other female mass murderers, like the murdering Florida prostitute.

Using this reaction to lunatic murderers as a baseline for comparison, there is no comparison.

EDIT: I should add that this is reflective of white women, and particularly American white women.

You can go just about anywhere else in the world.... I don't know where, China maybe, the Maldives, Tonga...women are not going to line up to express their love to a serial killer.

Shadow
09-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Women are bat-shyte crazy and there is empirical evidence to support this.

When serial killers like Ted Bundy show up for court cases, there's inevitably a parade of women present with love letters and marriage proposals.

Men do not show up for court cases for women like Lorena Bobbit or other female mass murderers, like the murdering Florida prostitute.

Using this reaction to lunatic murderers as a baseline for comparison, there is no comparison.

EDIT: I should add that this is reflective of white women, and particularly American white women.

You can go just about anywhere else in the world.... I don't know where, China maybe, the Maldives, Tonga...women are not going to line up to express their love to a serial killer.

Now...hold on...it is said that Jordan Van Der Sloot gets aout 50 love letters a day. Are you saying they are from only American women? And don't tell me men aren't attracted to the 'crazies' either. I have seen plenty of men fall for the Lorena Bobbit's of the world (over the nice girls). Hell... even had a friend marry a girl who ended up twisting his arm out of the socket during a fight. Had to get it fixed via surgery. She was a total fruit loop...but apparently good in bed (men's main qualifier)

Women in our society are taught to be attraced to the Alpha Male and power. Some take this to the extreme I guess. Most probably have a history of other things though...like abuse. And for some strange reason our society loves to shine the light on these wackos and turn these criminals into a form of celebrity with all the notoriety they are given. I think people are attracted to the hype and the attention...not the actual person.

People are strange though ...you are right. Another reason I want to be a hermit. :thumb: