PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why women and Latinos should vote for Romney

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Forget the last four years. There is nothing anyone can do to change that now. We already know how the GOP feels about Obama.
Tell me why women and Latinos should vote for Romney. What is he going to offer us?
Women want to know how Romney is going to protect our right to unfiltered health care without conditions. We also want health care for our children and improved public schools.
Latinos want to know how Romney is going to cut down on illegal immigration while still protecting the constitutional right of legal citizens. They also want improved job opportunities at decent wages. If Romney supports cutting the minimum wage, he will get zero of the Latino vote.

Tell me why women and Latinos should vote for Romney. This is NOT a thread about Obama. It's all about Romney.

08-31-2012, 01:11 AM
Competent leadership.
Security for our future
A strong economy
A great example for our youth

Good government and lots of freedom is good for women and latinos. Probably why so many women and latinos were at the convention giving speeches.

taft2012
08-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Latinos want to know how Romney is going to cut down on illegal immigration while still protecting the constitutional right of legal citizens.

What Constitutional rights of legal citizens will be impacted by a Romney administration?

Tell me why women and Latinos should vote for Romney.

Why should they vote for Obama?

tailfins
08-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Forget the last four years. There is nothing anyone can do to change that now. We already know how the GOP feels about Obama.
Tell me why women and Latinos should vote for Romney. What is he going to offer us?
Women want to know how Romney is going to protect our right to unfiltered health care without conditions. We also want health care for our children and improved public schools.
Latinos want to know how Romney is going to cut down on illegal immigration while still protecting the constitutional right of legal citizens. They also want improved job opportunities at decent wages. If Romney supports cutting the minimum wage, he will get zero of the Latino vote.

Tell me why women and Latinos should vote for Romney. This is NOT a thread about Obama. It's all about Romney.

1) Why do you want special favors not offered to our nation as a whole? Does this mean you don't want males and non-Latinos to have improved public schools?
2) There's not credible evidence Romney wants to cut the minimum wage
3) Romney knows how the economy works and how to save and create jobs for everybody.

Voted4Reagan
08-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Once Again....Gabby Deals the Race Card from the Bottom of the Deck

cadet
08-31-2012, 06:42 AM
How about this, he's against illegal immigration.

Which, if these Latinos you're talking about are anything like my cousin dominic, you're sick of the illegals taking your job too. (Dominic's half mexican, and i quote "The only people that don't like ILLEGAL immigration policies are the ILLEGALS.")

That, and out of the candidates, he's the only one that's not a total moron.

tailfins
08-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Why is Gabby so paranoid about the minimum wage? I wonder if the pay in her union contract is based on some multiple of the minimum wage.

jimnyc
08-31-2012, 08:20 AM
This is NOT a thread about Obama. It's all about Romney.

I love it. You screw up endless threads and deflect Obama subjects into GWB subjects as much as you drink water, but want different rules and respect when it's your thread.

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Competent leadership.
Security for our future
A strong economy
A great example for our youth

Good government and lots of freedom is good for women and latinos. Probably why so many women and latinos were at the convention giving speeches.

Thank you, avatar, for being the only poster who bothered to answer the question.

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I love it. You screw up endless threads and deflect Obama subjects into GWB subjects as much as you drink water, but want different rules and respect when it's your thread.

Thanks for NOT answering the question. Now go back to sleep. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
08-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks for NOT answering the question. Now go back to sleep. :rolleyes:

There's little point in answering a question you ask. You will either deflect or disappear from the thread if it doesn't go the way you like. You know this is true and have admitted as much to me. Sad, but true.

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 09:34 AM
There's little point in answering a question you ask. You will either deflect or disappear from the thread if it doesn't go the way you like. You know this is true and have admitted as much to me. Sad, but true.

It's a straight forward question. Not a blog post or a claim from outer space. I have not interjected personal opinion into it.
I am asking because I wonder how many conservatives here actually support Romney. And how many just want to get rid of Obama.
It's a simple as that. Even you should understand. :cool:

DragonStryk72
08-31-2012, 09:44 AM

Um, gabs? We don't have any of that NOW, and won't be getting it with Obamacare, so why on God's green earth do you demand out of Romney what will not be provided by the other guy either?

Anyway, here we go: According to my friend Sarah, who is both a woman, and mexican, it's because of this: She's against illegal immigration because she lives in one of the states where it's become very prevalent, and she's sick and tired of the ones that come across and start shit. Granted, she used a much more colorful term for them, but I don't use that language, so yeah. Yes, she's okay with having to have her driver's license on her while she's driving, since that's already a law in every single state in the union.

On Healthcare, For one, Romney ISN'T going to skyrocket costs by putting a system in place that adds 10,000,000 people to the demand, without increasing the supply at all. Sarah has healthcare, since she pays for it through her job, as do many people who choose not to pay for it. Why? Because they're in good health, and don't particularly need it, or possibly, because they simply can't afford it. Sadly, those folks are about to be screwed on a titanic level, as their constitutional right to decide what they buy and when is ruthlessly stripped off of them.

Job market: Huh, Well maybe if we didn't have the second worst business taxes in the entire world, beating out every communist regime, we might see something happen there, but until we treat business like we want it to be here, we're just flatly fucked on that one.

Minimum wage: Raising the minimum wage feels good, but leads to lay offs, and fewer job opportunities. It's this simple- it raises the price of goods and services, no matter how you look at it. The higher the wage goes, the higher the costs go. Raising the minimum wages, while failing to address the taxes and fees we've burdened our businesses with, is exactly the wrong course of action to take. It gets done anyway, though, because it gets people who don't know any better to press the button for you.

Thunderknuckles
08-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Therein lays the problem with modern liberals. What's in it for you. Poor JFK must weeping in heaven.
Based on that, women shouldn't vote for Romney or any Republican ever again.
If you're looking for the government to cater to your wants and needs, vote Democrat all the way.

tailfins
08-31-2012, 10:37 AM

That sums it up pretty well. Sad, isn't it? Just remember don't get angry at a dog for barking because that's what dogs do.

Voted4Reagan
08-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Gabby is the Master of Hit and run Racism Claims and deflection from the Topic...

tailfins
08-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Minimum wage: Raising the minimum wage feels good, but leads to lay offs, and fewer job opportunities. It's this simple- it raises the price of goods and services, no matter how you look at it. The higher the wage goes, the higher the costs go. Raising the minimum wages, while failing to address the taxes and fees we've burdened our businesses with, is exactly the wrong course of action to take. It gets done anyway, though, because it gets people who don't know any better to press the button for you.

While that may be, raising the minimum wage often raises the compensation in union contracts. THAT'S what's important. The mentality is: "I got mine, so screw you, I don't care if other people have a job or not." Feathering one's own nest comes first, doesn't it?

jimnyc
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Therein lays the problem with modern liberals. What's in it for you. Poor JFK must weeping in heaven.
Based on that, women shouldn't vote for Romney or any Republican ever again.
If you're looking for the government to cater to your wants and needs, vote Democrat all the way.

Awesome! :clap:

Anton Chigurh
08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
If your main goal in life is to be "Julia" you vote for Obama. Pretty simple. He has your whole sorry dependent life laid out for you.

tailfins
08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
It's a straight forward question. Not a blog post or a claim from outer space. I have not interjected personal opinion into it.
I am asking because I wonder how many conservatives here actually support Romney. And how many just want to get rid of Obama.
It's a simple as that. Even you should understand. :cool:

I was for Romney during the primary process. The debates illustrated very well that the other primary candidates were out of their league. Mitt Romney has established himself as able administrator of an entity the size of our nation. Bottom line: Romney competent, Obama incompetent.

Trigg
08-31-2012, 11:31 AM

Right now everyones biggest concern should be the economy. I firmly believe that Romney can fix it, I liked him 4 yrs ago for the same reason.

Illigal immigration is already down and with continued border security and deportations it will continue on a downward trend, IMO.

From what i've read Romney wants to link the minimum wage to inflation, so it automatically goes up. I disagree with this, since I think it will cause businesses to NOT hire additional people. Either that or raise their prices to off set the higher wages. Both outcomes are bad for low income and young workers and, once again the middle class gets screwed with higher prices.

As far as your "unfiltered heathcare without conditions". The ONLY reason the gov. wants to get involved with healthcare is because it's a cash cow. I have never seen the gov. get involved with anything and actually IMPROVE it.

cadet
08-31-2012, 11:42 AM

Know what, they should vote for him because he's more handsome then Obama.
(Thought there was something i had in common with him... :cool:)

glockmail
08-31-2012, 12:08 PM

This is an example of how The Left is so retarded. They expect to "get" something from the government in return for votes.

aboutime
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Know what, they should vote for him because he's more handsome then Obama.
(Thought there was something i had in common with him... :cool:)

cadet. I know you said that Tongue-in-cheek in an effort to bring a smile here. But oddly enough. Most all of the young women, and yes. Even the Latino women who vote. Will vote for Obama for ONE REASON...which you managed to disclose above. And sadly. It's probably more true than not.
Young women who will vote...as we all know from past experience. Will vote for the Looks, appearance, and smile, over substance, honesty, and reality.

aboutime
08-31-2012, 12:20 PM
This is an example of how The Left is so retarded. They expect to "get" something from the government in return for votes.

glockmail. That is EXACTLY what they expect to get for their votes. It's not retarded. Just stupid, and based on gullibility, and being so easily led into believing the endless, liberal, Obama lies they are all convinced....are true.
If there is a way to get a HAND-OUT for what they know to be FREE. They will vote for anything as long as they SEE THE MONEY.

It doesn't matter to them that the U.S. is broke. They have been promised cradle to grave funding....thanks to the Legal residents of America who obey the laws, pay their taxes, and who vote for Politicians that don't Lie as much as Obama.

Trigg
08-31-2012, 02:34 PM
seems republicans are in front when it comes to electing women and hispanic governers.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/chuck-todd-why-do-republicans-have-more-women-and-hispanic-governors_651316.html

Villaraigosa does the two step, to answer this question.

"Let me ask you though, this one question, why is it that the Republicans have elected more women governors and have two Hispanic governors and the Democrats don’t?," asked Todd. "Don’t have as many women governors and don’t have Hispanic governors, why do you think that is?"

"Well we have a lot more legislators and mayors and Congress members that are women, that are Latino, that are Asian, that are African American. We have a much broader tent, a much broader representation of every walk of life, people from, you know, every ethnicity and race and sex," said Villaraigosa. "It’s true, they may have more governors but we have a much broader field when you look at all of the elected officials."

red states rule
08-31-2012, 03:27 PM

a politican who is willing to tell you the hard choices that have to be made for starts

You have to ask yourself what is more important: freebies like birth control pills or actually stopping the insane psedning spree that is burying the nation and your daughter in debt

a politican that willing to at least offer up a plan to reform entitlements and offer a budget (something that has not been done in the US Senate for the last 4 years)

gabosaurus
08-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Here is the straight deal -- I want to see if anyone here can sway my vote.
I doubt there are many DP posters who don't plan to vote Republican in November. You would vote for anyone who took the nomination, regardless of who it was.
Believe it or not, I am an undecided voter. I am not dissatisfied with Obama to the level that you are, but I am not satisfied. Telling me "well, it couldn't get worse!" isn't going to do it. Because things can get worse. A lot worse.

There are people out there who are interested in this election who have never been interested before. Like my sister, who is as apolitical as you can get. But she sees her neighborhood (East Los Angeles) suffering and wants to do something about it.
You can talk down the minimum wage all you want. But when your job pays minimum wage, you don't want to lose your income. You want your pay to increase with the cost of living.

Latinos have never exercised their voting strength in the past. But they could if they are interested and motivated. They are registering in record numbers and could provide the difference for either side. That is why I was asking how Romney can help them.
But Romney has to offer something. Republicans have never reached out to Latinos in the past because they are not heavy campaign donors. And they haven't voted much.
If Romney appeals to Latinos, they could give him the edge. But if Romney ignores Latinos (the working class, not the politicians who can't relate to the average person) or thumbs his nose, they could turn out in huge numbers and bury the GOP in the election.

Romney is not going to get the black vote. He is trailing with Latinos and women. He needed to start making some concessions to win their votes.

Kathianne
08-31-2012, 11:22 PM

Ya know Gabby, you really should have watched last night. All about education & Hispanics. Read some of it.

SassyLady
08-31-2012, 11:32 PM

For the same reason men and Orientals would vote for Romney.

Gabby, why wouldn't people vote for a candidate that will focus on what is good for the whole country rather than a specific group of people?

I can't think of why anyone would not vote for an improved economy ... an improved economy means more people are working, more tax money goes into the coffer and reduces the deficit.

KitchenKitten99
08-31-2012, 11:59 PM
I think these people could tell you better than I could. Funny thing is, the speakers below don't seem to let their race or gender be a crutch for failure, nor do they use it to gain success. I don't think they bring it up at all because it is a tired and overused argument.

red states rule
09-01-2012, 03:36 AM
I doubt there are many DP posters who don't plan to vote Republican in November. You would vote for anyone who took the nomination, regardless of who it was.
Believe it or not, I am an undecided voter. I am not dissatisfied with Obama to the level that you are, but I am not satisfied. Telling me "well, it couldn't get worse!" isn't going to do it. Because things can get worse. A lot worse.

There are people out there who are interested in this election who have never been interested before. Like my sister, who is as apolitical as you can get. But she sees her neighborhood (East Los Angeles) suffering and wants to do something about it.
You can talk down the minimum wage all you want. But when your job pays minimum wage, you don't want to lose your income. You want your pay to increase with the cost of living.

Latinos have never exercised their voting strength in the past. But they could if they are interested and motivated. They are registering in record numbers and could provide the difference for either side. That is why I was asking how Romney can help them.
But Romney has to offer something. Republicans have never reached out to Latinos in the past because they are not heavy campaign donors. And they haven't voted much.
If Romney appeals to Latinos, they could give him the edge. But if Romney ignores Latinos (the working class, not the politicians who can't relate to the average person) or thumbs his nose, they could turn out in huge numbers and bury the GOP in the election.

Romney is not going to get the black vote. He is trailing with Latinos and women. He needed to start making some concessions to win their votes.

When you say "Romeny has to offer something" what do you mean? Freebies? Amnest?

Like Obama you seem determined to divide and pit one group against another and which ever candidate can pay the most for your vote is the winner

As far as reaching out to minorities if you depend on MSNBC for your news Gabby - you missed all these speakers at the RNC

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?36722-MSNBC-Ignores-All-Minority-Speakers-From-quot-Racist-quot-RNC-Convention

tailfins
09-01-2012, 06:53 AM

The Latino and women's votes are not simple entities. Good polling and focus grouping are necessary. This meme of "all women want free unrestricted abortion services" is just silly. Enough voters are wising up to used car salesmens' language/tactics. Enough of the "unrestricted access to women's healthcare" SAY WHAT YOU MEAN: "Free abortion services on demand up to the 39 weeks of gestation". All Romney needs to accomplish for those opposed to further abortion restrictions is communicate that he won't be distracted by social issues.

The Latino vote I'm curious about. I would like to think that a sizable percentage would prefer a formal, legal guest worker program to the simple lawlessness of selective enforcement of immigration laws. Romney needs 35 to 40% of the Latino vote.

Consider Scott Brown: He is set to defeat Warren in liberal Massachusetts. While many prefer Warren's policies, she has insulted the intelligence of many Bostonians. They won't tolerate being pandered to, being patronized or lectured. Brown will win because he knows the social nuances of Bostonians.

I keep telling people there is more to national policy than ideology. If it matters to you, I think Democrats are often better suited for offices such as Attorney General and Sheriff to protect consumers and avoid overzealous law enforcement.

red states rule
09-01-2012, 06:56 AM
The Latino and women's votes are not simple entities. Good polling and focus grouping are necessary. This meme of "all women want free unrestricted abortion services" is just silly. Enough voters are wising up to used car salesmens' language/tactics. Enough of the "unrestricted access to women's healthcare" SAY WHAT YOU MEAN: "Free abortion services on demand up to the 39 weeks of gestation". All Romney needs to accomplish for those opposed to further abortion restrictions is communicate that he won't be distracted by social issues.

The Latino vote I'm curious about. I would like to think that a sizable percentage would prefer a formal, legal guest worker program to the simple lawlessness of selective enforcement of immigration laws. Romney needs 35 to 40% of the Latino vote.

Consider Scott Brown: He is set to defeat Warren in liberal Massachusetts. While many prefer Warren's policies, she has insulted the intelligence of many Bostonians. They won't tolerate being pandered to, being patronized or lectured. Brown will win because he knows the social nuances of Bostonians.

I keep telling people there is more to national policy than ideology. If it matters to you, I think Democrats are often better suited for offices such as Attorney General and Sheriff to protect consumers and avoid overzealous law enforcement.

The one point I disagree with you on is Dems are better suited for offices such as Attorney General and Sheriff

No Dems are best suited to be exhibits in the Smithsonian. Only then will America reach its full potential

glockmail
09-01-2012, 07:15 AM
glockmail. That is EXACTLY what they expect to get for their votes. It's not retarded. Just stupid, and based on gullibility, and being so easily led into believing the endless, liberal, Obama lies they are all convinced....are true.
If there is a way to get a HAND-OUT for what they know to be FREE. They will vote for anything as long as they SEE THE MONEY.

It doesn't matter to them that the U.S. is broke. They have been promised cradle to grave funding....thanks to the Legal residents of America who obey the laws, pay their taxes, and who vote for Politicians that don't Lie as much as Obama.

The entire strategy of the Democrat Party is to exploit this mental retardation. Tally up all the folks on the dole (who want to be on the dole) and its over 50%. The US is therefore doomed, due to retards.

red states rule
09-01-2012, 07:19 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/Foden20120827-Obama%20Wing%20Man20120827021915.jpg

jimnyc
09-01-2012, 07:42 AM
When you say "Romeny has to offer something" what do you mean? Freebies? Amnest?

Of course! If the Democrat voters don't see something "they" get out of it, then why vote for that candidate? They "should" be looking at it from the perspective of whether or not the candidate is good for our country, for everyone, but it's always about what someone personally can gain from it. The part that is funny, is that we all do personally gain in the long run, if we elect someone who is good for the entire country, but liberals can't see down the road.

red states rule
09-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Of course! If the Democrat voters don't see something "they" get out of it, then why vote for that candidate? They "should" be looking at it from the perspective of whether or not the candidate is good for our country, for everyone, but it's always about what someone personally can gain from it. The part that is funny, is that we all do personally gain in the long run, if we elect someone who is good for the entire country, but liberals can't see down the road.

This may come as a shock to Gabby and her liberal buddies. The taxpayers are broke

Even three counties in her beloved CA have filed bankruptcy. Yet people like Gabby still have their hand out like a toll taker and are always demanding MORE

tailfins
09-01-2012, 07:50 AM

What do you think of the Massachusetts/New Hampshire phenomenon?: The same people voting for liberal Democrats when they are in MA and conservative Republicans when in NH. The thinking is to use the most generous social services in the nation when they are financially doing poorly, then escape to zero income and sales tax when they are doing well.

red states rule
09-01-2012, 07:58 AM
When libs like Gabby talk about politicans "offering something" for their vote I think of this story told by Winston Churchill

“Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"

Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "

Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"

Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!" Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

Anton Chigurh
09-01-2012, 08:41 AM
I am not dissatisfied with Obama to the level that you are, but I am not satisfied.I am seeing this alot lately over the innertubes, but can't get anyone to articulate why they are dissatisfied. Will you, please?

red states rule
09-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I am seeing this alot lately over the innertubes, but can't get anyone to articulate why they are dissatisfied. Will you, please?

Gabby is playing her version of The Price is Right and Obama has not counted high enough to please her

Yet

gabosaurus
09-01-2012, 10:03 AM
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

jimnyc
09-01-2012, 10:49 AM
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Maybe tell us more specifically what it is you want answered. People obviously see your questioning as 'What will Romney give us' as opposed to maybe 'What political stances of his would be beneficial to Latinos or Women'. I'll start by saying that he shouldn't be pandering to either, but rather looking to have stances for the country as a whole. Then see if any those stances hurt/benefit what your expectations may be. Each person has to answer that themselves. But Romney's stances and voting record are there for all to see. And I don't think you can ask people "why", as it's a loaded question and everyone's opinions and expectations are different. What "I" think is a good stance by Romney, for women, might be something totally different to others. Some might even see what I think as beneficial as the opposite.

Here's a very brief peek at Mitt's "family values" section:

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/values

Some insight to immigration:

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/immigration

Mitt speaking to the National Hispanic Assembly:

http://www.mittromney.com/news/press/2011/09/mitt-romney-delivers-remarks-republican-national-hispanic-assembly

Women for Mitt:

http://www.mittromney.com/coalitions/women-for-mitt

His plan for the Middle Class:

http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/08/mitt-romneys-plan-stronger-middle-class01

Anton Chigurh
09-01-2012, 11:01 AM
What we have here is a failure to communicate.So, try to communicate.

What's your beef with Obama? I asked, please.

jimnyc
09-01-2012, 11:04 AM
So, try to communicate.

What's your beef with Obama? I asked, please.

He's got a point, Gabs, and it's a good way of looking at things from a different angle. What might you, or your sister, have problems with concerning Obama? Once we know that, we can use it to compare a bit to Romney's stances, and see if perhaps you might have an alternative.

Kathianne
09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't get the divisiveness of 'women', Hispanics/Latinos, etc.

What is basic to anyone at the bottom to climb where their dreams will take them, is education. That was made clear in Condi's calling for choice in education as the Civil Rights Issue of today. It was clear in Jeb Bush's entire speech.

The second point for coming out of the lower classes to Middle or Upper is entrepreneurship, which party makes it difficult? Which makes it easier and praises it? No contest.

Trigg
09-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Too the three highlighted points.

1. As a country we are going broke. Romney can pander, but what does that get you? It gets you more "promised" social programs and medicare continuing down the road to insolvancy. Yes, upping the minimum wage is popular (my daughter would love it). However any thinking person has to realize that the companies aren't going to loose money. What they are going to do is hire FEWER people and INCREASE the cost of whatever it is they're trying to sell. The same can also be said for CHARGING THE RICH MORE. Those rich people are just going to pass on the cost of doing business, which is a great way to screw the middle and lower classes because WE will be charged more at the register.

2. Every poll I look at has immigration coming in third to the economy and jobs for latinoes. Romney is a business man, he has run successful companies. unlike the community organizer in chief. Once the economy improves jobs will increase and the lives of EVERYONE will improve. Latinos aren't any different than poor whites, blacks, or asians.

3. Republicans will never get the majority of the black vote. Blacks who do vote or support republicans are demonized by the MSM and influencial blacks. The few who go republican are brave IMO, because they have probably gotten crap all their lives from family members. For this bravery they are called uncle Tom's and sell outs.

Thunderknuckles
09-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes, upping the minimum wage is popular (my daughter would love it)
Like most productive Americans, your daughter will have a fleeting interest in the minimum wage.
The last time I considered it was in 1986 when I was 15 and started washing dishes at KFC.

Seriously, I get the idea of keeping the minimum wage in pace with inflation but what self respecting adult, with the wealth of knowledge and experience accumulated over the years, actually works for such wages long term?
If you find yourself in this condition, don't look to Government, look in the mirror.
If enlightenment still escapes you, come see me.

Nukeman
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Like most productive Americans, your daughter will have a fleeting interest in the minimum wage.
The last time I considered it was in 1986 when I was 15 and started washing dishes at KFC.

Seriously, I get the idea of keeping the minimum wage in pace with inflation but what self respecting adult, with the wealth of knowledge and experience accumulated over the years, actually works for such wages long term?
If you find yourself in this condition, don't look to Government, look in the mirror.
If enlightenment still escapes you, come see me.If you had read the entire post you would have noted that she said that!!! Of course her daughter would love it.. I think you left this part out!?!?

However any thinking person has to realize that the companies aren't going to loose money. What they are going to do is hire FEWER people and INCREASE the cost of whatever it is they're trying to sell

Thunderknuckles
09-01-2012, 05:22 PM
If you had read the entire post you would have noted that she said that!!! Of course her daughter would love it.. I think you left this part out!?!?
Sorry Nuke.
I actually meant to compliment her daughter. I've read enough from both of you to know that no child of Trigg's will be worried about minimum wage for long, but kind of got on a rant in general :)

DragonStryk72
09-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Clearly, you don't know anything about the people on this forum, then. That's just sad that you haven't worked it out, yet.

Well, for starters, if you're worrying about the economy like most of the country is, then who do you want to trust it with, a community organizer who has never actually been a part of the economy, or the multi-millionaire who built his fortune in a company? Romney understands how money works in the business world, and we need that. It's imperative that we begin fixing the broken pieces of our government. It isn't even necessarily about cutting, but retooling as well.

Why would you want your pay to increase the cost of living? It leaves you in the same or worse place than you were in before, except you may no longer qualify for the very programs that might have helped you out before. You might think the two are separate, but they are not. Every business has to raise their prices, cut hours, and/or get rid of people if the cost of living increases. We need to focus on lowering the cost of living, not providing band-aid solutions on top of the previous band-aid solutions that have come before. All they do is lead to higher and higher costs of living.

You would be surprised just how many Latino politicians came up in the working class. You really should stop labelling them all with such a big brush. Dems get the Latino vote by promising things that either they can't provide, or that would be ill-advised if they did go through with it.

All in all, it comes down to this: Obama makes well-intentioned, but horrible choices. At a time when we are racking records debts, he has put together the most costly healthcare reform in our country's history, with no real way to pay for it, and with huge gaps in the writing of the bill, such as the sharp upswing in demand without an increased supply of practitioners. There's just too much ego on his end, and in the end, I'll vote for Romney for the simple point that right now, from my perspective, the economy is what matters. Everything else- Abortion, Gay Marriage, etc.- are side notes that we need to abandon for the time being to focus.

If we stabilize our economy, we will stabilize China's as well, and the domino effect begins. If we, a superpower with such huge purchasing power, can get our debt under control, then we can help with the economic troubles that are striking the entire globe simply by arresting the crash in our own country, but sorry, that's simply not going to happen under Obama. His spending is simply too far out of control for him to affect the changes needed to help the world in what it needs most at the current time.

Anton Chigurh
09-01-2012, 08:48 PM
well-intentionedNot at all sure about that one.

DragonStryk72
09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Not at all sure about that one.

As in "The Road to Hell is paved with". People do demonize him too much at times. I tend to follow the general thought "Never ascribe to malevolence, what can be written off as incompetence".

It doesn't make it any better, and in fact, makes it notably worse. A charlatan goes in with an out clause, some sort of tap out point. A True Believer on the other hand, now they're the dangerous ones, because they truly believe that what they do is for the greater good, and will pursue it to the bitter end.

Thunderknuckles
09-01-2012, 11:31 PM
As in "The Road to Hell is paved with". People do demonize him too much at times. I tend to follow the general thought "Never ascribe to malevolence, what can be written off as incompetence".

It doesn't make it any better, and in fact, makes it notably worse. A charlatan goes in with an out clause, some sort of tap out point. A True Believer on the other hand, now they're the dangerous ones, because they truly believe that what they do is for the greater good, and will pursue it to the bitter end.
Wise words indeed.

Anton Chigurh
09-02-2012, 10:37 AM

It doesn't make it any better, and in fact, makes it notably worse. A charlatan goes in with an out clause, some sort of tap out point. A True Believer on the other hand, now they're the dangerous ones, because they truly believe that what they do is for the greater good, and will pursue it to the bitter end.They can tell themselves or even believe their intentions are good... But the Obama's of the world know fully well the intentions are not good and have spent so much time and effort and energy getting their act down, they may even have forgotten it.

We saw that Obama is one of the "bitter clingers" you speak of, after the 2010 mid-term elections sent a stern message, and he not only didn't change course, he was Capt. Quint from Jaws.

glockmail
09-02-2012, 11:07 AM
JFK said "ask not...", now Democrats just ask "how much?".

red states rule
09-03-2012, 05:42 AM
He's got a point, Gabs, and it's a good way of looking at things from a different angle. What might you, or your sister, have problems with concerning Obama? Once we know that, we can use it to compare a bit to Romney's stances, and see if perhaps you might have an alternative.

Well Jim, looks like Gabby has fled from her own thread yet again when the questions became to direct for her liking

Gabby would be perfect as WH Press Sec. She is great at not ansering questions

Gaffer
09-03-2012, 07:47 AM

I don't think he's incompetent. I think he's a true believer, and a very dangerous one.

red states rule
09-03-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't think he's incompetent. I think he's a true believer, and a very dangerous one.

What is really dangerous Gaffer are the fools who wil still vote for Obama

I am watching Fox News and they are talking to a lesbo who will vote for Obama because she is more interested in social issues than anything else

Even after being confronted with the horrible economic numbers - she still maintaines Obama is her choice and will be better then Mitt

These are dangerous people Gaffer

DragonStryk72
09-03-2012, 09:25 AM
They can tell themselves or even believe their intentions are good... But the Obama's of the world know fully well the intentions are not good and have spent so much time and effort and energy getting their act down, they may even have forgotten it.

We saw that Obama is one of the "bitter clingers" you speak of, after the 2010 mid-term elections sent a stern message, and he not only didn't change course, he was Capt. Quint from Jaws.

That;s pretty much exactly my point. Obama actually believes he's doing the best thing for us, and we just don't "see his vision", so how could we understand it? Therefore, he has to save us from ourselves, right?

red states rule
09-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Obama makes well-intentioned, but horrible choices.

The road to hell is paved with well intentioned liberals

hjmick
09-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I'll forget the last four years when you forget the eight before that...