PDA

View Full Version : Romney has no plan for Afghan war

Dilloduck
09-02-2012, 10:19 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-romney-no-timetable-end-afghan-war-231510087--election.html

That's what Obama says folks----I don't know if to laugh or cry.

Anton Chigurh
09-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Obama didn't have a plan to end the Iraq war either, he just followed Bush's already established plan to the letter.

THIS gaffe though, nobody's noticed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N0fWNUHLzI

Says Romney should have a "plan for 33,000 troops coming home from Afghanistan next month." Why? Romney won't be the commander in chief next month, Obama will.

And the idiots just cheer....

If Romney, Boooosh or any other Repug ever said anything like this? The howls would never end.

Romney "doesn't have a plan" for the quagmire crap of Afghanistan that he will inherit?

What the fuck is this idiot blathering about? I can't get it to compute.

Dilloduck
09-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I can't get it to compute either. I need to do one of them there face palms. We're so screwed

Anton Chigurh
09-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I can't get it to compute either. I need to do one of them there face palms. We're so screwedWhy does Romney need a plan for returning troops next month, next year, whenever? They are returning home. 200,000 others have done so in the last ten years. What's the pressing issue? It's routine stuff.

What a nattering nabob of negativism Obama has quickly become - he dropped the "hope and change" mantra like a hot rock.

Dilloduck
09-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Why does Romney need a plan for returning troops next month, next year, whenever? They are returning home. 200,000 others have done so in the last ten years. What's the pressing issue? It's routine stuff.

What a nattering nabob of negativism Obama has quickly become - he dropped the "hope and change" mantra like a hot rock.

teleprompter broke or something----One of the dumbest things I've heard for awhile. He sounds like one desperate SOB flapping his lips and hoping he makes sense to someone. What a maroon.

Anton Chigurh
09-02-2012, 10:46 PM
teleprompter broke or something----One of the dumbest things I've heard for awhile. He sounds like one desperate SOB flapping his lips and hoping he makes sense to someone. What a maroon.I think it was off prompter, and he actually meant to say "next year."

But yet again, he escapes notice on his gaffes.

Did you hear the mindless Obamaphiles cheering that?

Dilloduck
09-02-2012, 10:54 PM
I think it was off prompter, and he actually meant to say "next year."

But yet again, he escapes notice on his gaffes.

Did you hear the mindless Obamaphiles cheering that?

Ya--pretty depressing alright.

gabosaurus
09-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Says Romney should have a "plan for 33,000 troops coming home from Afghanistan next month." Why? Romney won't be the commander in chief next month, Obama will.

What I believe Obama meant to say was he wants to hear Romney's plan for ending the Afghan conflict. The "next month" part would mean as part of his campaign.
I would like to hear Romney's plan for bringing all our troops home from Afghanistan and the Middle East. One of my main beefs with Obama is that he failed to end the conflict, as he promised to during the 2008 campaign. Instead, he continued to throw money down a rat hole.
I want to see Romney's plan for cutting the defense budget, repairing our decaying infrastructure and improving public education.

SassyLady
09-03-2012, 04:20 AM
What I believe Obama meant to say was he wants to hear Romney's plan for ending the Afghan conflict. The "next month" part would mean as part of his campaign.
I would like to hear Romney's plan for bringing all our troops home from Afghanistan and the Middle East. One of my main beefs with Obama is that he failed to end the conflict, as he promised to during the 2008 campaign. Instead, he continued to throw money down a rat hole.
I want to see Romney's plan for cutting the defense budget, repairing our decaying infrastructure and improving public education.

MITT'S PLANMitt Romney will never make national-security decisions based upon electoral politics. Upon taking office, he will review our transition to the Afghan military by holding discussions with our commanders in the field. He will order a full interagency assessment of our military and assistance presence in Afghanistan to determine the level required to secure our gains and to train Afghan forces to the point where they can protect the sovereignty of Afghanistan from the tyranny of the Taliban. Withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan under a Romney administration will be based on conditions on the ground as assessed by our military commanders.

Ensure Buy-In from Afghan and Pakistani GovernmentsTo defeat the insurgency in Afghanistan, the United States will need the cooperation of both the Afghan and Pakistani governments. It is in the interests of all three nations to see that Afghanistan and the Afghanistan-Pakistan border region are rid of the Taliban and other insurgent groups. Mitt Romney will work with both the Afghan government and Pakistan to ensure that those nations are fully contributing to success in Afghanistan. But we will only persuade Afghanistan and Pakistan to be resolute if they are convinced that the United States will itself be resolute. Only an America that appears fully committed to success will eliminate the incentives for them to hedge their bets by aligning with opposing forces.
The United States must be clear in what we require of both Afghanistan and Pakistan. Afghan President Hamid Karzai should understand that our commitment must be met with reciprocal efforts to crack down on corruption in his government, respect free and fair elections as required by the Afghan constitution, and coordinate with the United States on fighting the narcotics trade that fuels the insurgency. Pakistan should understand that any connection between insurgent forces and Pakistan’s security and intelligence forces must be severed. The United States enjoys significant leverage over both of these nations. We should not be shy about using it.

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/afghanistan-pakistan

Mitt on Education:

Charter Schools and Higher Standards for Educators

Mitt also expanded access to high-quality public charter schools. When the 85% Democratic legislature passed a bill putting a moratorium on any new charter, Mitt vetoed the bill. He believes that no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing school and that increased choice translates into better outcomes for all students. He also realizes that teacher quality is integral to student success. States should recruit the best and brightest into the classroom and reward them for a job well done.
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/education

Anton Chigurh
09-03-2012, 08:21 AM
I want to see Romney's plan for cutting the defense budget, repairing our decaying infrastructure and improving public education.He doesn't need a plan to uphold agreements already in place. Just like Obama didn't need a plan for Iraq.

Anton Chigurh
09-03-2012, 08:23 AM
One of my main beefs with Obama is that he failed to end the conflict, as he promised to during the 2008 campaign. Instead, he continued to throw money down a rat hole.He never promised to end anything, in fact he ran on a pro-war platform, Afghanistan was "the good war" and Booooosh "took his eye off the ball" there. You kidding?

I want to see Romney's plan for cutting the defense budget, repairing our decaying infrastructure and improving public education.The "stimulus" was supposed to take care of that, that was one of the major selling points on it. What happened?

red states rule
09-03-2012, 08:27 AM

Gabby, once again you have proved me correct when it comes to the left's double standard

When libs make a gaffe they mispoke, they were taken out of context, and is was a simple error

When a Republican makes a gaffe it is a sign he/she is unfit for office; they are incompetent, and must not be allowed to hold publci office

and the subjct is then changed to something or someone else

BTW as fas as the "decaying infrastructure " I thought Obama fixed that with the trillion dollar "stimulus"

jimnyc
09-03-2012, 08:44 AM
MITT'S PLAN

Thank you. People are asking all the time - "what's his plan for this" or "What's his plan for that". He's pretty in depth on his site and I suppose it's too much to ask someone to peek at before asking questions. It's obvious they haven't even tried to find answers before asking, just making assumptions and such.

Anton Chigurh
09-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Thank you. People are asking all the time - "what's his plan for this" or "What's his plan for that". He's pretty in depth on his site and I suppose it's too much to ask someone to peek at before asking questions. It's obvious they haven't even tried to find answers before asking, just making assumptions and such.No, just faithfully regurgitating the kool-aid.

DragonStryk72
09-03-2012, 09:28 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-romney-no-timetable-end-afghan-war-231510087--election.html

That's what Obama says folks----I don't know if to laugh or cry.

Obama's entire plan, just like in 08, relies on promising people everything under the sun. The thing is, if the troops are already coming home, then why do we need another timetable? Also, if we're pulling out, doesn't that mean that the Afghan War is over?

red states rule
09-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Obama Kool Aid 2012 - 100% fact free

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-03-2012, 09:43 AM

Why on earth would the commander in Chief let the public (or more importantly the enemy) know what his intentions are, with regard to military movements? Could you imagine if the US administration held a press conference and told the Germans exactly what we were about to do, prior to the Normandy invasion?

Come on...you can't be that far afield from reality, can you?

Do you remember when the medieval thugs cut off Daniel Pearl's head? Did you hear the gurgling? You want to tell the animals what our next move will be? That in incomprehensible to me!~!!!

red states rule
09-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Why on earth would the commander in Chief let the public (or more importantly the enemy) know what his intentions are, with regard to military movements? Could you imagine if the US administration held a press conference and told the Germans exactly what we were about to do, prior to the Normandy invasion?

Come on...you can't be that far afield from reality, can you?

Do you remember when the medieval thugs cut off Daniel Pearl's head? Did you hear the gurgling? You want to tell the animals what our next move will be? That in incomprehensible to me!~!!!

Why?

How about to lockup the peacenik vote and gain even more glowing coverage from the liberal media?

Missileman
09-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Obama didn't have a plan to end the Iraq war either, he just followed Bush's already established plan to the letter.

THIS gaffe though, nobody's noticed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N0fWNUHLzI

And the idiots just cheer....

If Romney, Boooosh or any other Repug ever said anything like this? The howls would never end.

Romney "doesn't have a plan" for the quagmire crap of Afghanistan that he will inherit?

What the fuck is this idiot blathering about? I can't get it to compute.

Actually, what the idiot said was that Romney doesn't have a plan to bring home the 33,000 troops that are coming home next month. Why would Romney need a plan to bring home troops that will already be home?

red states rule
09-03-2012, 03:29 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Mpd1ozuoa64/SxP37e1dPSI/AAAAAAAABXU/lsqflws-La8/s400/Obama%2B-%2BAfghanistan.png