PDA

View Full Version : Dems bring in crowds by the busload to fill stadium

red states rule
09-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Hell, I thought the Obama team was trying to keep the crowds down (that was the excuse offered when Obama did not fill large buildings while on the campaign trail)

Now they will send in busloads of "supporters" to fill all the seats at Bank of America stadium

I wonder if anyone will "faint" as Obama bellows his accepatnce of the Dems nomination?

College students from across North Carolina will arrive in Charlotte by the busload. Same with members of predominantly black churches in neighboring South Carolina.

Their goal: help fill a 74,000-seat outdoor stadium to capacity when President Obama accepts the Democratic nomination Thursday night.

Anything short of a full house on the final night of the Democratic Party's national convention will be instant fodder for Republicans eager to use empty seats as symbols of waning voter enthusiasm for Obama.

Democrats have been fretting for months over whether the president can draw a capacity crowd at Bank of America Stadium. Polls show voter enthusiasm is down, as are Obama's crowds for his battleground state campaign rallies.

Obama advisers insist the stadium will be filled when Obama delivers his speech. Vice President Joe Biden also will speak Thursday night, along with Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, who will vouch for Obama's national security credentials.

"The response we've seen from the community has been incredible and it's obvious that people have a big interest in owning a piece of the most open and accessible convention in history," said Adam Fetcher, a campaign spokesman. "President Obama's speech on Thursday night will bring this election into focus for the American people, and it will be even more significant because so many North Carolinians will be there to see it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/03/dems-bring-in-crowds-by-busload-to-fill-stadium-for-obama-speech/#ixzz25PYbd4GI

red states rule
09-04-2012, 06:57 AM
So far the liberal media has been silent on this story. Yet the same liberal media made the false charge Tea Party officals bused in people to their events to inflae the crowd numbers

But why would anyone be surprised by this story? Obama's entire life has been staged and choreographed like a pro wrestling match

red states rule
09-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Looks like the Dems could find enough bodies to fil all the seats so they gave up and moved Obama's speech inside

They are blaming the weather forcast of course

Democratic officials, citing weather concerns, are moving President Obama's planned nomination acceptance speech indoors -- and in doing so, choosing a significantly smaller venue that will leave out potentially thousands of Obama supporters.

The campaign is already moving to figure out what to do with those who planned to attend, and indicated Wednesday they would be invited to future Obama events, though not the main event this Thursday in Charlotte. An Obama campaign source told FoxNews.com the team is urging supporters to stay home Thursday and, instead, organize watch parties and participate in the live stream.

"We are encouraging them not to come to Charlotte," the source said.

Obama plans to speak to surely disappointed credential holders via conference call Thursday afternoon.

The sudden change of plans, announced Wednesday by the Democratic convention committee, significantly scales back the atmosphere for Obama's second nomination address.

Officials confirmed in a statement that the president's address would move from the outdoor Bank of America Stadium to the enclosed Time Warner Cable Arena, where most other convention activities are being held.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/05/obama-nomination-speech-moved-indoors-party-cites-weather-concerns/#ixzz25d0ucHVd

Abbey Marie
09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
They bus them to vote; why not bus them to make a good show? :laugh:

red states rule
09-05-2012, 03:27 PM
They bus them to vote; why not bus them to make a good show? :laugh:

I really do believe Abby they could not find enough people willing to attend Obama's speech. Just think of Obama having to speak to alot of empty seats and his pals in the liberal media trying to explain that classic pic

Abbey Marie
09-05-2012, 03:34 PM
I really do believe Abby they could not find enough people willing to attend Obama's speech. Just think of Obama having to speak to alot of empty seats and his pals in the liberal media trying to explain that classic pic

I don't know if this is the norm, but my friend in New Hampshire just told me that they are shutting down all the schools in Portsmouth for Obama's campaign visit there this week. That's one way to ensure people are available to show up.

red states rule
09-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't know if this is the norm, but my friend in New Hampshire just told me that they are shutting down all the schools in Portsmouth for Obama's campaign visit there this week. That's one way to ensure people are available to show up.

and if that does not work free drinks, food, or smokes

Whatever it takes to fil those seats

I wonder if the winos on Skid Row would be rounded up and taken to the Obama side show?

tailfins
09-05-2012, 04:39 PM

They could just say they were trying to out-do Clint Eastwood. If one empty chair is effective, wouldn't a thousand be 1,000 times as effective? Who knows: A completely empty stadium could move him up in the polls. He should try it.

red states rule
09-05-2012, 05:32 PM
They could just say they were trying to out-do Clint Eastwood. If one empty chair is effective, wouldn't a thousand be 1,000 times as effective? Who knows: A completely empty stadium could move him up in the polls. He should try it.

One excuse the Obama supporters have offered up to spin empty seats at Obama events is "we are trying to keep the crowd size down"

It is funny as hell watching libs try to deny how unpopular Obama is. As if a majority of voters would like high unemplyment, records deficits, and doubling of gas prices

aboutime
09-05-2012, 08:59 PM
One excuse the Obama supporters have offered up to spin empty seats at Obama events is "we are trying to keep the crowd size down"

It is funny as hell watching libs try to deny how unpopular Obama is. As if a majority of voters would like high unemplyment, records deficits, and doubling of gas prices

The Democrats know the truth. They were trying really hard to have as many EMPTY seats in the place as the equal number of EMPTY MINDS, and the MINDS won....Because SLAVERY won, and they didn't know it. EMPTY MINDS WANT TO KNOW??????????

red states rule
09-06-2012, 02:25 AM
The Democrats know the truth. They were trying really hard to have as many EMPTY seats in the place as the equal number of EMPTY MINDS, and the MINDS won....Because SLAVERY won, and they didn't know it. EMPTY MINDS WANT TO KNOW??????????

Well Obama was smart enough to have the NFL move its season opener to last night becasue he knew even he could not win a one on one matchup with the NFL

Even so, I doubt if many people will tune in to hear his long list of excuses as to why he is Jimmy Carter 2.0

Obama could have saved time and money by phoning in his speech from the golf course

Oh no, I mentioned golf - that is now considered a racist comment by the liberal media. My bad

red states rule
09-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Do not be shocked - Team Obama could not have filed the stadium

snip
Democrats are poised to avoid the danger of President Barack Obama accepting his party’s nomination before a partially-empty stadium by shifting his speech to an indoor arena and citing ‘severe weather’.

The Obama campaign have been working desperately to ensure that the 74,000-seater Bank of America stadium in Charlotte would be filled.

Buses for students from across North Carolina and even members of black churches in neighboring South Carolina have been arranged.
[...]
The current Weather Underground forecast for Charlotte on Thursday is: ‘Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 93F with a heat index of 99F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.’

Democratic convention sources have indicated that the ‘contingency plan’ is at an advanced stage and that a move to the stadium appears certain.

‘It looks like a done deal to me,’ said one convention worker. ‘The decision’s apparently been taken and it’s just a matter of spinning it as being forced on us by the weather.’
Convention delegates, party volunteers and Democratic officials gathered in Charlotte would make up about one-third of a crowd in the Bank of America stadium, which officials have said would be 65,000 people.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2012/09/07/abcs-dowd-lucky-break-dems-weather-canceled-stadium-speech-cbss-pelley#ixzz25lbyRmZ0

aboutime
09-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Well Obama was smart enough to have the NFL move its season opener to last night becasue he knew even he could not win a one on one matchup with the NFL

Even so, I doubt if many people will tune in to hear his long list of excuses as to why he is Jimmy Carter 2.0

Obama could have saved time and money by phoning in his speech from the golf course

Oh no, I mentioned golf - that is now considered a racist comment by the liberal media. My bad

Better yet. Obama could have been an Honorable person...for the first time, and merely saved MILLIONS of Obama Bucks by just telling everybody to go home, turn on their computer, and visit GOOGLE, to read EVERY WORD Obama said....previously. Just in different sentences.
But...instead. He made the easily fooled CRY, BOW DOWN, and HUG each other at seeing the GREAT PRETENDER ask for another FOUR years to FOOL them again.