PDA

View Full Version : Suppression! DNC Charlotte: Identification required

red states rule
09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Guess what? You need to show a state issued ID card to attend the Dem Convention

Is anyone surprised that libs demand a photo ID to atend one their functions but NOT to vote?

Authorized Pickup
All pickup persons must have a state-issued ID that matches the name submitted below.

http://www.demconvention.com/official-providers-distribution/

tailfins
09-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Guess what? You need to show a state issued ID card to attend the Dem Convention

Is anyone surprised that libs demand a photo ID to atend one their functions but NOT to vote?

http://www.demconvention.com/official-providers-distribution/

Q: Why do Democrats carry a turd in their pocket?
A: Identification

jimnyc
09-04-2012, 05:38 PM

No surprise at all. Libs will put their fingers in their ears and just repeat "no such thing as voter fraud". Meanwhile, a young white man can walk into a voting precinct and claim to be the highest officer in the land, who happens to be black, and they let him in. This man even goes further to tell them that he forgot his ID, and they have no problem with Mr. Eric Holder voting without proper ID!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PKAiOXlvUjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aboutime
09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Q: Why do Democrats carry a turd in their pocket?
A: Identification

They carry a picture of Obama in their pocket?

aboutime
09-04-2012, 07:59 PM
This should help TEXAS.They are taking the ID for voting bill to their State Supreme Court. And all they need to do is remind the COURT....About the requirements to enter the DNC Convention.

Typical Liberal, Democrat Hypocrisy...WORKING against them. And they aren't smart enough to know it.

red states rule
09-05-2012, 03:10 AM
It is clear the Dems are being racist and do not want minoirty delegates to attend the convention

When will the reporters at the convention report this story. They have been all over Republicans for demanding photo ID's when people vote so why the silence?

logroller
09-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Voting is a constitutional right; attending a convention isn't.

Nukeman
09-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Voting is a constitutional right; attending a convention isn't.Its called hypocrisy!!! If you don't get it you never will!!

jimnyc
09-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Voting is a constitutional right; attending a convention isn't.

So they should only follow a certain rule, or a certain belief, if it's constitutionally necessary? They care SO much about the poor people when it's time to get votes from them, but if it's to interact with them at a convention - "ID Please!"

aboutime
09-05-2012, 01:43 PM
It is clear the Dems are being racist and do not want minoirty delegates to attend the convention

When will the reporters at the convention report this story. They have been all over Republicans for demanding photo ID's when people vote so why the silence?

I tend to believe this is ALSO why the DNC decided to bring Obama's speech Inside for Thursday.
Figure how terrible it might be for OBAMA and Company, when 80 thousand Gullible Voters arrive, and NONE OF THEM can get in the gates because.....THEY DO NOT HAVE A PHOTO ID!

Talk about WATTS Riots in Los Angeles years ago, or the Rodney King trial being EXPLOSIVE????

Debby Wasserman Schultz, and the Obama gang of thugs....Obviously Thought This One Out...before they understood. THEY DO NOT WANT PEOPLE WITHOUT "ID'S" PREVENTED FROM VOTING. And this would bring all of that Unwanted Attention to bear.

Not something they want, or need...for their BRIBERY CONVENTION where Paid, Unemployed, Undereducated Obama voters assemble.

Kathianne
09-05-2012, 02:10 PM
The reason ID's are required by DNC, RNC, any major gathering is for security reasons. See bombings, etc.

For similar reasons, adding fraud to the equation, states should require ID's for voting. In any case, if one is so destitute to be unable to afford $10 in transportation; $40 in acquiring birth certificate; and is handicapped to a degree that makes it impossible to get the ID, but possible to vote; the state should accommodate the problems. Waive fees and come to home for the ballot. Require ID.

logroller
09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Its called hypocrisy!!! If you don't get it you never will!!
Youre arguing rights vs privileges =apples and oranges. You know I'm right so you lash out, accuse me of hypocrisy. Say I went to the RNC convention with an assault rifle-- you think theyd allow that? I mean, republicans support the second amendment right? What if it was a handgun, would it be hypocritical of them to ask if i have a concealed carry permit?

So they should only follow a certain rule, or a certain belief, if it's constitutionally necessary? They care SO much about the poor people when it's time to get votes from them, but if it's to interact with them at a convention - "ID Please!"
The government must follow the rule of law when its constitutionally necessary. Voting isn't about personal beliefs or party rules Jim, it's about public law and bounded by equal protection. If people think they should be able to attend a convention w/o ID, then let them bring suit in a court of law; see what the law says about voting rights vs the privileged attendance of private political gatherings. You believe in our system of justice if I'm not mistaken.

Look, I happen to believe an ubundance of voters are under informed and incapable of making a well- reasoned vote. However, I understand why voter tests would fail when strict scrutiny is applied. However, that same scrutiny doesn't apply to, say, a union vote or a corporate stockholder vote because it's not a government protected activity. Like I said, apples and oranges.

logroller
09-05-2012, 02:27 PM
The reason ID's are required by DNC, RNC, any major gathering is for security reasons. See bombings, etc.

For similar reasons, adding fraud to the equation, states should require ID's for voting. In any case, if one is so destitute to be unable to afford $10 in transportation; $40 in acquiring birth certificate; and is handicapped to a degree that makes it impossible to get the ID, but possible to vote; the state should accommodate the problems. Waive fees and come to home for the ballot. Require ID.
I'm curious how many are actually in that predicament...I'll bet 100:1 odds there's more registered voters with ids that don't even bother showing up. Sorta gives some creedence to the high potential for fraud, no???

jimnyc
09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
The government must follow the rule of law when its constitutionally necessary. Voting isn't about personal beliefs or party rules Jim, it's about public law and bounded by equal protection. If people think they should be able to attend a convention w/o ID, then let them bring suit in a court of law; see what the law says about voting rights vs the privileged attendance of private political gatherings. You believe in our system of justice if I'm not mistaken.

Look, I happen to believe an ubundance of voters are under informed and incapable of making a well- reasoned vote. However, I understand why voter tests would fail when strict scrutiny is applied. However, that same scrutiny doesn't apply to, say, a union vote or a corporate stockholder vote because it's not a government protected activity. Like I said, apples and oranges.

I know what you're saying, Log, and of course I understand the law. But I just think they are awfully vocal about the ID, not just saying it's law and therefore they must abide by it. They use the poor people as pawns and how it's all about them, and the they'll turn their backs on poor people in 2 seconds when it's no longer politically necessary. What it boils down to, and of course this is only my opinion, is that I think the Dems make their stances on ID's based on how it will help them the most at the polls and win elections. I don't think they give a damn about protecting the constitution and the rights that emanate from it.

red states rule
09-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Another example of the double standards Dems are famous for

NAACP Requires Photo I.D. to See Holder Speak in State Being Sued Over Voter ID

Earlier today, Attorney General Eric Holder addressed the NAACP Nation Convention at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. What did media need in order to attend? That's right, government issued photo identification (and a second form of identification too!), something both Holder and the NAACP stand firmly against when it comes to voting. Holder's DOJ is currently suing Texas for "discriminatory" voter ID laws. From the press release:

All media must present government-issued photo I.D. (such as a driver’s license) as well as valid media credentials. Members of the media must RSVP to receive press credentials at http://action.naacp.org/page/s/registration. For security purposes, media check-in and equipment set up must be completed by 7:45 a.m. CDT for an 8:00 a.m. CDT security sweep. Once the security sweep is completed, additional media equipment will NOT be permitted to enter and swept equipment will NOT be permitted to exit.

Ironically, NAACP President Ben Jealous railed against voter ID (http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/NAACP-president-says-voter-ID-laws-must-be-fought-3694761.php) just before Holder took the stage.
The head of the NAACP on Monday likened the group's fight against conservative-backed voter ID laws that have been passed in several states to the great civil rights battles of the 1960s.

Benjamin Todd Jealous, the CEO and president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said these are "Selma and Montgomery times," referring to historic Alabama civil rights confrontations. He challenged those attending the NAACP's annual convention to redouble their efforts to get out the vote in November.

"We must overwhelm the rising tide of voting suppression with the high tide of registration and mobilization and motivation and protection," he said.

"Simply put, the NAACP will never stand by as any state tries to encode discrimination into law," Jealous said.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/07/10/naacp_requires_photo_id_to_see_holder_speak

Abbey Marie
09-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I would have to show ID to get my 45s, to get likkered up to vote sans ID. Whoo hoo!

:dance:

red states rule
09-05-2012, 04:00 PM
http://specfriggintacular.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/284425063_1bf7f826cc.jpg%3Fw%3D640