PDA

View Full Version : Job Report Preview

Kathianne
09-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Looks like the best in a long, long time. Shocking!

http://www.businessinsider.com/august-jobs-report-preview-2012-9

The August Non-Farm Payrolls Report comes out Friday, and it's already been called The Most Politically Important Jobs Report of all time.

There are only 3 jobs reports left before the November election, and this one is coming right after Obama's acceptance of the nomination.

So what to expect?

Here are the consensus numbers, via Bloomberg (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/bloomberg):

Total Non-Farm Payrolls: +130K
Change in private payrolls: +142K
The unemployment rate 8.3% (flat from the previous month).
Change in manufacturing jobs: +10K

The headline Non-Farm Payrolls expectation was actually expected to be lower than that, but then today we got a monster jobs number from ADP (which uses payroll data (http://www.businessinsider.com/august-jobs-report-preview-2012-9#) to estimate private payroll gains).

As you can see in this bar chart, it was one of the best ADP reports of the Obama Presidency.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Looks like the best in a long, long time. Shocking!

http://www.businessinsider.com/august-jobs-report-preview-2012-9

Too many past numbers have been fudged to make bamboy and his insane policies look better for me to take that on face value.
Healthy scepticism is the call for day because its election season and obama and crew are pulling out all the stops.

Kathianne
09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Too many past numbers have been fudged to make bamboy and his insane policies look better for me to take that on face value.
Healthy scepticism is the call for day because its election season and obama and crew are pulling out all the stops.

Yep, the reason for my 'Shocking!'

gabosaurus
09-06-2012, 10:50 PM
]
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KUmA7TKX_Cc/TyGV57g6ZpI/AAAAAAAACY8/lU2hkdvpaCY/s1600/007.JPG

red states rule
09-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Gallup paints a different picture - more of the same

U.S. Unadjusted Unemployment Rate at 8.1% in August

Seasonally adjusted unemployment increases slightly to 8.1%

by Jenny Marlar

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, is 8.1% for the month of August, down slightly from 8.3% measured in mid-August and 8.2% for the month of July. Gallup's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for August is also 8.1%, a slight uptick from 8.0% at the end of July

These results are based on Gallup Daily tracking interviews, conducted by landline and cell phone, with more than 30,000 Americans throughout the month. Gallup calculates a seasonally adjusted unemployment rate by applying the adjustment factor the government used for the same month in the previous year. The government adjusted its July numbers downward last year, but made no adjustment in August, which accounts for the increase in seasonally adjusted unemployment despite the decline in the unadjusted number

U.S. unemployment declined significantly during the first part of the year, but August marks the third straight month with little change in the unadjusted number. Gallup's estimate of adjusted unemployment has increased by 0.3 percentage points since June. Despite the lackluster jobs growth, August's 2012 unadjusted and adjusted unemployment are each more than a full point lower than they were in August 2011.

Underemployment, as measured without seasonal adjustment, was 17.1% in August, unchanged from the end of July but significantly improved from 18.5% a year ago. Gallup's U.S.
underemployment measure combines the percentage who are unemployed with the percentage of those working part time but looking for full-time work. Gallup does not apply a seasonal adjustment to underemployment. Demographic breakouts of Gallup's U.S. unemployment and underemployment numbers for August are found on page 2.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157289/unadjusted-unemployment-rate-august.aspx

jimnyc
09-07-2012, 07:55 AM
And this mornings news:

Jobs growth brakes in August, seen forcing Fed's handWASHINGTON (Reuters) - Jobs growth slowed more than expected in August, setting the stage for the Federal Reserve to pump additional money into the sluggish economy next week and dealing a blow to President Obama as he seeks reelection in November.

Nonfarm payrolls increased only 96,000 last month, the Labor Department said on Friday. While the unemployment rate dropped to 8.1 percent from 8.3 percent in July, it was largely due to Americans giving up the search for work.

The report's weak tenor was also underscored by revisions to June and July data to show 41,000 fewer jobs created than previously reported. The labor force participation rate, or the percentage of Americans who either have a job or are looking for one, fell to 63.5 percent -- the lowest since September 1981.

The lackluster report keeps the pressure on Obama ahead of the November vote in which the health of the economy looms large.

Economists polled by Reuters had expected payrolls to rise 125,000 last month, but some had pushed their forecasts higher after upbeat data on Thursday.

The economy has experienced three years of growth since the 2007-09 recession, but the expansion has been grudging and the jobless rate has held above 8 percent for more than three years -- the longest stretch since the Great Depression.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/payroll-growth-seen-tepid-may-072622785.html

aboutime
09-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Let's all get real with these numbers we hear every month, and find someone you know who is Unemployed, Not looking anymore, or working part time for LESS than they need.

And when you find them. ASK THEM
"HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE NUMBERS from Obama that claim YOU are doing better than last month, or four years ago?"

Be honest. Go ahead and ask someone who has been out of work, unable to pay their bills, keep their home, or facing Bankruptcy, and possibly Forclosure...How they feel about the WONDERFUL OBAMA ECONOMY.

Kathianne
09-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I am very sorry that the economy continues to spiral down, but I cannot say I'm unhappy with the jobs report this morning. Indeed, the numbers being the worst in years, for males since 1948. Somehow, they weren't able to 'turn this around,' indeed the falling unemployment number now brings home how screwed up the figures are. People have confirmation to what they know, "There's been no improvement." Indeed things have gotten worse.

red states rule
09-08-2012, 07:04 AM
I was doing housework and had CSPAN on in the background and this was the excuse offered by a liberal caller

(I am not making this up BTW)

She said how she has been out of work and going on interviews almost on a dialy basis. But because she is black she is not being hired. Employers are "punishing" blacks for Pres Obama being President

The only reason employers are not hiring is to defeat Obama becuase they do not like a black man being President she added

Is it any wonder this women is NOT being hired for ANY job?

tailfins
09-08-2012, 07:09 AM
I was doing housework and had CSPAN on in the background and this was the excuse offered by a liberal caller

She said how she has been out of work and going on interviews almost on a daily basis. But because she is black she is not being hired. Employers are "punishing" blacks for Pres Obama being President

The only reason employers are not hiring is to defeat Obama becuase they do not like a black man being President she added

Are those job interviews or news interviews? She didn't specify.

red states rule
09-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Are those job interviews or news interviews? She didn't specify.

I thought she should be applying at the NY Times, MSNBC, or CNN. She would a great sidekick to Chris Matthews who sees examples of "racism" in everything he sees, hears, and reads

Also she should sned her resume to Jesse Jackson and Rev Al. She would get her 15 minutes of fame but probably still remain unemployed

aboutime
09-08-2012, 02:43 PM

She said how she has been out of work and going on interviews almost on a dialy basis. But because she is black she is not being hired. Employers are "punishing" blacks for Pres Obama being President

red states rule. See! This just demonstrates how effective, and long lasting the Obama-Democrat brainwashing is, and has been for many years.
They have been convinced...per the Jesse Jackson's, Obama's, and AL (notso)Sharpton's of the world how THEY (Black Americans) are being disenfranchised, dissed, and discriminated by ALL OTHER PEOPLE who do not look like them.

If the Democrats, and Obama lose that use of Low self-esteem, and racism THEY HAVE CREATED for their own political benefit. They lose elections because the Black Americans they have been FOOLING since the days of LBJ, have finally become more educated, and less willing to believe the Jesse, Al, and Barry Lies that make them VICTIMS, and even SLAVES to their own IGNORANCE.