PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with America?

gabosaurus
09-07-2012, 12:27 AM
One of the most popular new TV shows is something called "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." Its opening episodes have drawn more than two million viewers and attracted fans from all over the world.
The show centers around an obese 33 year old woman with three overweight kids. The oldest, born when mom was 16, had her own kid. The youngest, age 6, wins child pageants with absurd behavior. They live with farm animals (a pig sits on the table during dinner) and take pride in being called "backwoods hillbillies."

I posted this here because TLC, the network that airs the show, claims is accurately portrays small town life. And that the show is popular because "a lot of Americans can identify with the family."

I have to admit that I have never heard of any real life family that lives this way. Have you?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/here-comes-honey-boo-boo-alana-mama-364933

red states rule
09-07-2012, 02:13 AM
One of the most popular new TV shows is something called "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." Its opening episodes have drawn more than two million viewers and attracted fans from all over the world.
The show centers around an obese 33 year old woman with three overweight kids. The oldest, born when mom was 16, had her own kid. The youngest, age 6, wins child pageants with absurd behavior. They live with farm animals (a pig sits on the table during dinner) and take pride in being called "backwoods hillbillies."

I posted this here because TLC, the network that airs the show, claims is accurately portrays small town life. And that the show is popular because "a lot of Americans can identify with the family."

I have to admit that I have never heard of any real life family that lives this way. Have you?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/here-comes-honey-boo-boo-alana-mama-364933

Don't worry Gabby. I am sure Michelle Obama will have it taken of the air and you can calm down

jimnyc
09-07-2012, 07:53 AM

That little girl makes me want to punch myself in the face since I can't do it to her! No, that is not the way small town life is, it's the way pigs live, hence them not having a problem with the other pig. And Americans aren't identifying with them, they're laughing at their absurdity and how disgusting these people are. I know some hillbillies from when I was in Georgia, and they wouldn't want to be identified with this piggish family!

CSM
09-07-2012, 07:58 AM
It bothers me that somebody thought this would make a good tv show and it bothers me even more that people actually watch it.

tailfins
09-07-2012, 08:19 AM

Yes I have, when I spent a summer driving a truck between years in college. It was the Missouri bootheel near towns named Braggadocio and Cooter (look 'em up), spending time at a lay-over . They stank. When asked how often they bathe, they responded about once a week. The feed store was closed for lunch and I needed to use their bathroom. Their toilet stopped working months (years?) ago, so they scoop it out with a bucket when it gets full. The use "back of the shed" to pee.

cadet
09-07-2012, 09:04 AM
An answer, This is what's wrong with america.

I know mom used to watch jersey shore (thank god it's off air...) to make herself feel awesome in comparison.

Trigg
09-07-2012, 12:19 PM

This show is no worse than Jersey Short, Real Housewives or where ever, basketball wives, keeping up with the Kardashians or the most recent Hollywood wives.

People with no self respect who can't wait to let it all hang out on TV.

"reality" shows are decreasing the intelligence of the viewing public

aboutime
09-07-2012, 12:45 PM
​ o b a m a !

MtnBiker
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
What is wrong with America?

For one thing it is when people believe (or at least want to believe) idiotic shit they are told or read. Like when obama says the unemployment rate will be below 8 percent when he spends 787 billion dollars in "stimulus" or when TLC claims one of their tv programs accurately portrays small town life.