PDA

View Full Version : Ryan goes after the Stoner vote

gabosaurus
09-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Ryan says the federal government should not interfere with distribution of legal medical marijuana in states where it is legal. Stoners everywhere will embrace the GOP!!

http://news.yahoo.com/ryan-dont-interfere-legalized-medical-pot-025634169--election.html

NightTrain
09-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Ryan says the federal government should not interfere with distribution of legal medical marijuana in states where it is legal. Stoners everywhere will embrace the GOP!!

http://news.yahoo.com/ryan-dont-interfere-legalized-medical-pot-025634169--election.html

Being a Federal Government robot, I would think you'd be against this.

gabosaurus
09-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Not being a stoner, I don't really care. I do know that Romney could steal a large portion of Obama's core supporters by supporting the legalization of marijuana.
If Romney and Ryan recorded a new version of Bob Marley's classic "Legalize It," Obama would lose in a landslide.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fOliq6BuhYE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

NightTrain
09-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Not being a stoner, I don't really care. I do know that Romney could steal a large portion of Obama's core supporters by supporting the legalization of marijuana.
If Romney and Ryan recorded a new version of Bob Marley's classic "Legalize It," Obama would lose in a landslide.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fOliq6BuhYE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

If only we could legalize pot! Life would be groovy.

You didn't say how hard working Americans that don't smoke pot would benefit.

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 07:22 AM
"Ryan goes after the Stoner vote" is the headline. And if he chose the other route, Gabby's headline would be "Ryan is heartless and doesn't care about the patients needing their medicine". Too funny.

red states rule
09-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Meanwhile it is clear Obama is going after the takers vote. Those who feel they are entitled to toher peoples money are the base of Obama

Obama has divided this nation into two main groups

The producers and the takers

Nukeman
09-08-2012, 07:47 AM
If only we could legalize pot! Life would be groovy.

You didn't say how hard working Americans that don't smoke pot would benefit.
I believe the numbers out there support that up to 85% of Americans either smoke pot of have at some time. That being said you are talking a HUGE tax cow, heck if you taxed pot like cigs and booze that would pay down the deficit real fast...

So the benefit to hard working Americans would be that those stoners living their parents basement will now be TAX PAYING AMERICANS and contributing to the govt instead of just sponging off of it!!!

cadet
09-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Yup, that does it. They have my vote. They already did, but this is icing on the cake.
LET'S GO GET HIGH!

Trigg
09-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Yup, that does it. They have my vote. They already did, but this is icing on the cake.
LET'S GO GET HIGH!

:slap:

Kathianne
09-08-2012, 09:10 AM
If I read what Ryan said correctly, medicinal marijuana laws should be left to the states. Personally, I think all marijuana laws should be.

gabosaurus
09-08-2012, 09:40 AM
I believe the numbers out there support that up to 85% of Americans either smoke pot of have at some time. That being said you are talking a HUGE tax cow, heck if you taxed pot like cigs and booze that would pay down the deficit real fast...

So the benefit to hard working Americans would be that those stoners living their parents basement will now be TAX PAYING AMERICANS and contributing to the govt instead of just sponging off of it!!!

Nukeman nails it AGAIN! How else can you add millions to the national economy while also decreasing the crime rate?

red states rule
09-08-2012, 09:44 AM

Yea I am sure folks would feel so much better knowing their surgon is paying a tax when he/she smokes a joint before going into surgery

or the cab driver taking you to your desination is high as a kite

cadet
09-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Yea I am sure folks would feel so much better knowing their surgon is paying a tax when he/she smokes a joint before going into surgery

Ok, let's be honest here, smoking isn't allowed in hospitals. And your cab driver probably is already.

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 12:28 PM
LET'S GO GET HIGH!

:slap:

Check his eye later tonight. And I bet he has a 4ft bong with a massive bowl. Or a "Bedtime Buddy", better known as a "Power Hitter", to take massive hits. Or a good grinder to roll up the sticky stuff!! Ok, maybe we're talking about me! LOL the good 'ol days!

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 12:36 PM

I think certain people might have stricter regulations, or restricted totally, like the surgeon you mentioned. Not sure if it would be mandated, or how often, but I doubt they would ignore the issue and take on the liability of a brain surgeon walking into the OR stoned. It's no different than what we already deal with pertaining to drinking. I certainly wouldn't want a surgeon opening me up if he had a few drinks earlier in the day, or even if he was out partying the night before and woke up feeling crappy. I think even one time being suspected, tested and then failed, you would be out of that business for life. These are legit questions, and yours addressing the worst case scenarios. We also have drivers and medical people that are on legitimate prescription medications too, pain killers and even anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications. All of these can affect a persons driving ability or certain their ability to perform a surgery. I don't have the answers on how they would handle the specifics with marijuana being legalized, but we have this kind of stuff happening all around us already. And IMO, I would rather have a cab driver who might be a little stoned, as opposed to one zombied even worse off of and opiate drug, or cocaine, or numb from oxycontin, or a little tipsy.

taft2012
09-08-2012, 12:37 PM

... and they'll be the same ones belly-aching when federal "revenooers" come kicking in their doors because they're evading the federal marijuana tax by growing their own their basements.

There's no point in even taking a single step to make the stoners happy, because they'll never be satisfied and they'll be sticking the bill to us time and time again.

cadet
09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Check his eye later tonight. And I bet he has a 4ft bong with a massive bowl. Or a "Bedtime Buddy", better known as a "Power Hitter", to take massive hits. Or a good grinder to roll up the sticky stuff!! Ok, maybe we're talking about me! LOL the good 'ol days!

Lol, with how many drug tests i see, I don't think i could get away with that. :laugh:

aboutime
09-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Lol, with how many drug tests i see, I don't think i could get away with that. :laugh:

jimnyc. I'm actually disappointed in you here. Look at how PROUD you seem to be about being a druggy, stoner, or whatever they were called back when.

I honestly thought more of you, since you found a way to bring total strangers together here on DP.

As everyone says so lazily today....My Bad.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
LET'S GO GET HIGH!

Yeah. There ya go cadet. That's the perfect way for YOU to earn your DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE. Have a blast.

cadet
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah. There ya go cadet. That's the perfect way for YOU to earn your DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE. Have a blast.

Not if it's legalized ;)

aboutime
09-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Not if it's legalized ;)

Okay. So you be sure to report back to us when the U.S. Military, and Congress change the reading of the U.C.M.J. that makes you think being in uniform will grant you the right to smoke anything stronger than Oregano.

That is. IF you are in uniform as you would like us to believe these days.

taft2012
09-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Not if it's legalized ;)

Even if legalized, those in uniform, law enforcement and military, will likely be subject to strenuous testing. Can't really have armed stoners rolling around.

Same will go for those in positions of public safety; airline pilots, railroad engineers.

cadet
09-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Even if legalized, those in uniform, law enforcement and military, will likely be subject to strenuous testing. Can't really have armed stoners rolling around.

Same will go for those in positions of public safety; airline pilots, railroad engineers.

We can drink can't we? I don't see an issue as long as your out of uniform while smokin a joint.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 02:25 PM
We can drink can't we? I don't see an issue as long as your out of uniform while smokin a joint.

You don't need to be in uniform to take a PISS TEST either. So. If you don't see it as an issue. Give it a try. But then, again. I now doubt your sincerity or honesty that you are in uniform, be it reserves, National Guard, or Active duty.
Everyone IN UNIFORM knows. Drugs...of any kind, are against the UCMJ. Ask any member of the JAG corps, or someone who REALLY IS in uniform.

cadet
09-08-2012, 02:31 PM
You don't need to be in uniform to take a PISS TEST either. So. If you don't see it as an issue. Give it a try. But then, again. I now doubt your sincerity or honesty that you are in uniform, be it reserves, National Guard, or Active duty.
Everyone IN UNIFORM knows. Drugs...of any kind, are against the UCMJ. Ask any member of the JAG corps, or someone who REALLY IS in uniform.

I'm just saying IF it was leagalized throughout the US, i wouldn't see any reason why a member couldn't go out and smoke one. It's less dangerous then any alcohole, and as long as they're not in uniform...
Now, I'm not saying get high while on duty, I just figure the drug tests would ignore marijuana.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm just saying IF it was leagalized throughout the US, i wouldn't see any reason why a member couldn't go out and smoke one. It's less dangerous then any alcohole, and as long as they're not in uniform...
Now, I'm not saying get high while on duty, I just figure the drug tests would ignore marijuana.

Drug tests DO NOT Ignore marijuana. In fact. 30 days after using it, or any other illegal substances. It remains in the hair, and in the urine, as well as scrapings from fingernails.
So. Since you obviously ARE NOT in the military. Keep dreamin!

cadet
09-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Drug tests DO NOT Ignore marijuana. In fact. 30 days after using it, or any other illegal substances. It remains in the hair, and in the urine, as well as scrapings from fingernails.
So. Since you obviously ARE NOT in the military. Keep dreamin!

If you go to my profile, you'll notice that it say's "Future Air Force"
I'm a ROTC member.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 03:02 PM
If you go to my profile, you'll notice that it say's "Future Air Force"
I'm a ROTC member.

Okay. So. As an ROTC member. You, before anyone else. Should be setting an example to others you associate with, and hoping that MJ is legalized, or should be used while in civilian clothes. Tells this 30 Year Navy veteran. I wouldn't want you on my ship, or in my unit with such an undependable attitude.
If you are seriously considering military life as your future. You should start, right now. To become the person who avoids making foolish mistakes...just for entertainment purposes.
Drinking to excess is also mentioned in the UCMJ. Something You should investigate, and read before you find yourself NO LONGER a member of ANY branch of the military.
ROTC is not a valid branch of the Pentagon. Which is why YOU WERE NOT SWORN IN like active, or reserve members of the military.

cadet
09-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Okay. So. As an ROTC member. You, before anyone else. Should be setting an example to others you associate with, and hoping that MJ is legalized, or should be used while in civilian clothes.........

Ok, first thing's first. I've never smoked, nor do i plan to while it's illegal. I do not go out and party, I don't drink, and i try to stay away from partiers here at college as it is.

The only thing i'm saying is if it's legalized throughout the US, I would have no problem with them smoking on their own time. As long as they weren't high/drunk/hungover while working.

I just figure if they can go out and drink a little, they should be able to do this as well.

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 04:46 PM
jimnyc. I'm actually disappointed in you here. Look at how PROUD you seem to be about being a druggy, stoner, or whatever they were called back when.

I honestly thought more of you, since you found a way to bring total strangers together here on DP.

Why, do you think I should forget my past? Act like it doesn't exist? Hang my head in shame? Lie about it? Nope, I am who I am. I had a lot of fun like so many other kids my age. I'll speak the exact truth about my experiences, both good and bad. But to act like I let people down or something, just because I did more than just inhale, is kind of naive. I'm not running around proud, just being funny about my stoner years.

Trigg
09-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Okay. So. As an ROTC member. You, before anyone else. Should be setting an example to others you associate with, and hoping that MJ is legalized, or should be used while in civilian clothes. Tells this 30 Year Navy veteran. I wouldn't want you on my ship, or in my unit with such an undependable attitude.
If you are seriously considering military life as your future. You should start, right now. To become the person who avoids making foolish mistakes...just for entertainment purposes.
Drinking to excess is also mentioned in the UCMJ. Something You should investigate, and read before you find yourself NO LONGER a member of ANY branch of the military.
ROTC is not a valid branch of the Pentagon. Which is why YOU WERE NOT SWORN IN like active, or reserve members of the military.

http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k

aboutime
09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k

Thanks Trigg. I'm used to hearing people who seem not to care what the end results might be because I REFUSE TO LIGHTEN UP.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Why, do you think I should forget my past? Act like it doesn't exist? Hang my head in shame? Lie about it? Nope, I am who I am. I had a lot of fun like so many other kids my age. I'll speak the exact truth about my experiences, both good and bad. But to act like I let people down or something, just because I did more than just inhale, is kind of naive. I'm not running around proud, just being funny about my stoner years.

Did I say you should forget your past?

Frankly. It's none of my business what you have done in the past, or what you do now.
I told you what I thought about making light of, or celebrating...if those are the right words, the use of MJ, or any other drugs.
You disappointed me because I was led to believe. You were a more responsible person who would see what I was trying to tell that young man in the ROTC, what he might face if he continued to believe using weed was the right thing to do.
But you proved me wrong. I allowed that terrible word ASSUME to overrule, and this is how it ends?

From now on. I will look to find someone with more experience.

Trigg
09-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks Trigg. I'm used to hearing people who seem not to care what the end results might be because I REFUSE TO LIGHTEN UP.

Show me the study that states that the effects of pot last longer than the effects of alcohol?

If you can come up with that study, than we will talk.

Pilots, cops, firemen and YES people in the military go to work everyday HUNG OVER. Which means they are still feeling the effects of alcohol.

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Did I say you should forget your past?

Frankly. It's none of my business what you have done in the past, or what you do now.
I told you what I thought about making light of, or celebrating...if those are the right words, the use of MJ, or any other drugs.
You disappointed me because I was led to believe. You were a more responsible person who would see what I was trying to tell that young man in the ROTC, what he might face if he continued to believe using weed was the right thing to do.
But you proved me wrong. I allowed that terrible word ASSUME to overrule, and this is how it ends?

From now on. I will look to find someone with more experience.

This reminds me of the thread talking about tattoos, where I learned a lot about how people judge others for them, but were kind to me because I made fun of the tattoo people too. Truth be told, I lost count after my 20th tattoo or so. I actually do have a tattoo of the Pittsburgh Steelers logo, only mine looks much nicer. And one of my dog, and one in memory of my Mom. All on my arms and 2 on my chest. If wearing a dress shirt or suit, you wouldn't know I have a single one. I'm extremely proud of the ink I have. Does that make me a bad person? Or some how less smart, unintelligent or anything negative?

And for the most part I am responsible, for the most part, I have my vices! I don't think laughingly talking about the past and some marijuana I smoked or the bong I had is such a big deal. And in the end, I'm confident in the ability of Nukeman and Trigg to talk with their son, they have more than proved to me that they are good and decent people.

And you make it sound like I "proved you wrong" and that I am some bad person because I sounded "proud" of my marijuana smoking. And find someone with more experience? I honestly don't even know what you mean by that. We've had hundreds of stoner discussions in one form or another over the years. And we're in a thread where the discussion is LEGAL marijuana. And now I'm some sort of bad guy because I smoked it before and made it out to sound like fun? Or that I was proud?

I wasn't aware that I had to live up to others expectations. Sorry I somehow let you down.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Show me the study that states that the effects of pot last longer than the effects of alcohol?

If you can come up with that study, than we will talk.

Pilots, cops, firemen and YES people in the military go to work everyday HUNG OVER. Which means they are still feeling the effects of alcohol.

TRIGG. SHOW ME where I mentioned anything about the effects of pot, lasting longer than the effects of alcohol?

As for a study. For what. I wasn't, and did not mention anything like that.

Where on earth did you get that idea from what I said?

Just wondering, is all.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 07:39 PM
This reminds me of the thread talking about tattoos, where I learned a lot about how people judge others for them, but were kind to me because I made fun of the tattoo people too. Truth be told, I lost count after my 20th tattoo or so. I actually do have a tattoo of the Pittsburgh Steelers logo, only mine looks much nicer. And one of my dog, and one in memory of my Mom. All on my arms and 2 on my chest. If wearing a dress shirt or suit, you wouldn't know I have a single one. I'm extremely proud of the ink I have. Does that make me a bad person? Or some how less smart, unintelligent or anything negative?

And for the most part I am responsible, for the most part, I have my vices! I don't think laughingly talking about the past and some marijuana I smoked or the bong I had is such a big deal. And in the end, I'm confident in the ability of Nukeman and Trigg to talk with their son, they have more than proved to me that they are good and decent people.

And you make it sound like I "proved you wrong" and that I am some bad person because I sounded "proud" of my marijuana smoking. And find someone with more experience? I honestly don't even know what you mean by that. We've had hundreds of stoner discussions in one form or another over the years. And we're in a thread where the discussion is LEGAL marijuana. And now I'm some sort of bad guy because I smoked it before and made it out to sound like fun? Or that I was proud?

I wasn't aware that I had to live up to others expectations. Sorry I somehow let you down.

Never mind. Can't figure out how all of that stuff about Tats above, or anything else your referred to has anything to do with what I said to you about being disappointed.
I'll go back a few steps here and try to explain.
In reference to that young man who says he's in the ROTC. I was looking for someone like you to help me explain, in more detail, how smoking weed as a passtime...while pretending to be preparing to enter the military later...would hurt him with a possible PISS TEST, or other methods they use.
That was all I was asking. And when you came back as you did. Well. That's all water over the dam now.
I hoped for a responsible, logical kind of reply. But that didn't happen, and you created all of what you said above.
Why?

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Never mind. Can't figure out how all of that stuff about Tats above, or anything else your referred to has anything to do with what I said to you about being disappointed.
In reference to that young man who says he's in the ROTC. I was looking for someone like you to help me explain, in more detail, how smoking weed as a passtime...while pretending to be preparing to enter the military later...would hurt him with a possible PISS TEST, or other methods they use.
That was all I was asking. And when you came back as you did. Well. That's all water over the dam now.
I hoped for a responsible, logical kind of reply. But that didn't happen, and you created all of what you said above.
Why?

This post of yours:

aboutime
09-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Okay. And?

Why did you BOLD parts of my statement?

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Okay. And?

Why did you BOLD parts of my statement?

Those are the things that seemed insulting and directed towards me. You asked why I replied the way I did.

Let it go man, I don't feel like arguing over petty crap tonight. It appears you didn't like what I wrote about marijuana, or the way I wrote it, and I didn't like the way you told me you didn't like it. I'm over it already, no big deal.

Nukeman
09-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Why?
Here's the deal numbnuts.... YOU know nothing about this young man and if he is being facetious towards you or IF you are just reading more into things than need to be. YOU have preconceived notions of how people are either that or you're a judgmental ass with NO idea of who you speak.

I will tell you something about Cadet.. he is one of the most honorable young men I have the privilege of knowing. He has NEVER smoked marijuana EVER and does not drink, he spends his Friday and Saturday nights helping other students at his college keep safe, he witnesses to them at pancake dinner from 11:00pm-2:00am at his local CCH (campus Christian house). he leads the ROTC in PT and is their designated recruiter as a 2nd year cadet. All of those are pretty impressive by themselves. He has had to come to grips with other cadets actually partying and drinking and smoking. He has had a number of discussion with his commanding officer over those issues I believe what he was getting at with YOU even though YOU are being judgmental is that if legal and done when NOT on duty it is NO different than drinking alcohol off duty. The lasting effects are no different.

You go off the deep end and assume that because a person may advocate for legalization they must be a user and pusher, or something other than they claim to be. YOU sir are a JUDGMENTAL PRESUMPTUOUS ASS!!!

Now go back to being a jerk!!!

aboutime
09-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Here's the deal numbnuts.... YOU know nothing about this young man and if he is being facetious towards you or IF you are just reading more into things than need to be. YOU have preconceived notions of how people are either that or you're a judgmental ass with NO idea of who you speak.

I will tell you something about Cadet.. he is one of the most honorable young men I have the privilege of knowing. He has NEVER smoked marijuana EVER and does not drink, he spends his Friday and Saturday nights helping other students at his college keep safe, he witnesses to them at pancake dinner from 11:00pm-2:00am at his local CCH (campus Christian house). he leads the ROTC in PT and is their designated recruiter as a 2nd year cadet. All of those are pretty impressive by themselves. He has had to come to grips with other cadets actually partying and drinking and smoking. He has had a number of discussion with his commanding officer over those issues I believe what he was getting at with YOU even though YOU are being judgmental is that if legal and done when NOT on duty it is NO different than drinking alcohol off duty. The lasting effects are no different.

You go off the deep end and assume that because a person may advocate for legalization they must be a user and pusher, or something other than they claim to be. YOU sir are a JUDGMENTAL PRESUMPTUOUS ASS!!!

Now go back to being a jerk!!!

Thanks for nothing Numbnuts. If you learned to mind your own business. You wouldn't have a need to use name calling. But thanks for allowing me to do the same.
Guess you didn't bother to reason why I said what I did, and instead. Became the Jerk you called me.
Thanks anyway. And thanks for telling us what kind of person you are.

Nukeman
09-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks for nothing Numbnuts. If you learned to mind your own business. You wouldn't have a need to use name calling. But thanks for allowing me to do the same.
Guess you didn't bother to reason why I said what I did, and instead. Became the Jerk you called me.
Thanks anyway. And thanks for telling us what kind of person you are.YOU have NO idea of what kind of person I am, YOU have been judgmental since YOU came to this board, you insult others and when someone insults you, you get defensive.. little thin skinned are we or do we see the type of person YOU are??... I know exactly why you said what you did, you are presumptuous and judgmental.. Plain and simple I think everyone here has you pegged for being that way...

I read back through eh thread and NO WHERE did cadet state HE smoked in fact YOU glossed over that post where he stated that emphatically and proceeded to insult and call into question his statements about himself. To me that makes you as ass...

YOU insult Jafar, Abso, Gabs, Jimmy, Cadet, me, Trigg, and any one that doesn't agree with your narrow mind 100%. So tell me who has who pegged as the type of person they are?????

Trinity
09-08-2012, 09:22 PM
and marijuana in general is going to become a huge issue in this election....

here is one link..........http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

I have done tons of research on this subject if you would like more info let me know I have lots more links I can post....oh and just for the record I don't smoke weed and last time I did was probably about 22 years ago and even then i was not a big pot smoker. Matter of fact I was totally against it until here recently when I did research on the subject for a job I was working on.

Kathianne
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Why?

I'm pretty mature, but don't think I can help you out here. Cadet was saying that if mj was made legal, the drug testing wouldn't be for mj, he's right. Oh, it CAN pick it up no doubt on that. However, if it were legal they'd come up with some equivalent of the breath-a-lizer to test for non-use on job.

Now perhaps the military can make their own laws for their own people, I don't know. If so, perhaps they would forbid their members to use mj, on or off duty. If that's possible, then your argument would hold.

Kathianne
09-08-2012, 11:25 PM
I've not smoked mj or eaten mj brownies for over 30 years, never did much of it in my youth either. Never tried hard drugs. I've thought mj should be legalized and taxed since I was in college. The only reason it is a 'gateway' drug is because it's illegal, thus the same folks peddling mj, find it lucrative to offer up harder drugs to their more demanding customers.

Get mj out of the illegal tract, tax it.

gabosaurus
09-08-2012, 11:26 PM
And thanks for telling us what kind of person you are.

And thanks for allowing us to see what kind of person you are -- a jerk wearing a skirt. You are sitting here ripping someone's kid because he doesn't fit your standards. I find you to be a reprehensible coward who hides behinds antiquated ideals while pretending to have higher moral standards than others. Too bad you have no clue how a discussion works.

taft2012
09-09-2012, 06:44 AM

You can drink because they say you can drink, not because it's legal.

If marijuana were to be legalized, that would not prevent them from saying "You can't have any marijuana in your system at any time, period."

MtnBiker
09-09-2012, 02:39 PM

I am not sure of that. An assumption has to be made most of the current illegal distribution of pot would become legal and regulated. Rather what is likely to happen is a new regulated distribution system(not to mention costly) would be created but the illegal non taxed and much cheaper distribution would still remain.

Also, what is the accepted justification of marijuana, medicinal purposes. Planned Parenthood is already using tax dollars to pay for abortions. It will not take long for some government agency to start using tax dollars to pay for marijuana. What may seem like a tax revenue resource could also become a tax burden.

Nukeman
09-09-2012, 03:24 PM
I am not sure of that. An assumption has to be made most of the current illegal distribution of pot would become legal and regulated. Rather what is likely to happen is a new regulated distribution system(not to mention costly) would be created but the illegal non taxed and much cheaper distribution would still remain.

Also, what is the accepted justification of marijuana, medicinal purposes. Planned Parenthood is already using tax dollars to pay for abortions. It will not take long for some government agency to start using tax dollars to pay for marijuana. What may seem like a tax revenue resource could also become a tax burden.Rally no different than prohibition was for alcohol.. Marijuana was legal up until the early part of the 1900's. Suer will have the "bootlegger" types like we still do to some extent, but given the potential for tax revenue!! It would be no different than the alcohol industry, there are a number of indivuals who make their own beer, wine, and even distilled whiskies... it will jsut be something that will eventually work out like everything else, plus when its made legal think of all the monies saved fron incarcartion of pot convictions not to mention the saving in police/court time from the prosecution of these folks....

Nukeman
09-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Okay. So you be sure to report back to us when the U.S. Military, and Congress change the reading of the U.C.M.J. that makes you think being in uniform will grant you the right to smoke anything stronger than Oregano.

That is. IF you are in uniform as you would like us to believe these days.Made assumptions there didn't you?? Also what about the drugs the military prescribes

Same will go for those in positions of public safety; airline pilots, railroad engineers.Once again the military GIVES drugs to their members to keep them moving

Everyone IN UNIFORM knows. Drugs...of any kind, are against the UCMJ. Ask any member of the JAG corps, or someone who REALLY IS in uniform.REALLY... What about the drugs the military has thier members take while on duty!!!

If marijuana were to be legaliz, that would not prevent them from saying "You can't have any marijuana in your system at any time, period."
You are very correct in this statement I believe he said ONLY if legalized and allowed

I'm going to point out the fallacy of both of your arguments with one statement... AMPHETAMINE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are so gung ho on the anti drug policy yet a simple google search will bring you thouseands of hits on the militaries use of this "stimulant" these are habit forming and affect the judgement of the one taking them

You guys ok with these since after all the military says it OK to take them... You guys are missing the point that if made legal and not used on duty a more specific test would have to be implemented that allowed for determination of when the marijuana was smoked last.

http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2003/02/57434

Pilots from the Air Force 183rd Fighter Wing felt the reverberations of Marshall's assessment -- which is cited on page 3 of the Navy's official guide for managing fatigue (http://www.vnh.org/PerformMaint/) -- last April. According to reports published in Canada, they misidentified a target during a bombing run over Iraq. Meeting with their commanders, they complained they were exhausted, that the "common-sense" rule of 12 hours of rest between missions was being ignored.
In return they got two pieces of advice: Stop whining and visit the flight surgeon for some "go/no-go" pills.
About a week later, two members of the 183rd, Majs. Harry Schmidt and William Umbach, launched a laser-guided bomb on a Canadian training force, killing four and injuring eight

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/apj/apj97/spr97/cornum.html

This one is actually a call to reverse the ban on amphetamines, which they did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aboutime
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
And thanks for allowing us to see what kind of person you are -- a jerk wearing a skirt. You are sitting here ripping someone's kid because he doesn't fit your standards. I find you to be a reprehensible coward who hides behinds antiquated ideals while pretending to have higher moral standards than others. Too bad you have no clue how a discussion works.

Thanks so much gabby. Everything you stated above is exactly how I would describe you. And you, using those words, with the name calling, and accusations JUST SAVED ME from having to point out...how so perfectly. Everything you said above. Applies so well TO YOU.

Tell us more. Don't stop now. OH SELFISH SUPERIOR ONE.

cadet
09-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks so much gabby. Everything you stated above is exactly how I would describe you. And you, using those words, with the name calling, and accusations JUST SAVED ME from having to point out...how so perfectly. Everything you said above. Applies so well TO YOU.

Abouttime, i would like for you to reread all of your posts.
You don't really have any room to say any of this. :slap:

jimnyc
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM

Gabby is a jerk wearing a skirt? I need pictures to validate this!!! :lol::coffee:

aboutime
09-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Gabby is a jerk wearing a skirt? I need pictures to validate this!!! :lol::coffee:

Validation is only a step away......3923

gabosaurus
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
I have to admit, aboutime and tyr were awfully cute when they were kids.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_F74vJj-Clzk/R_T5ODocS2I/AAAAAAAACRo/jFRe1YuNeAM/s400/kids+next+to+me.jpg

Nukeman
09-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Validation is only a step away......3923
And you still gloss over the other posts to be snarky and stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm how telling!!!!!!

gabosaurus
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Dang, if only I had that chick's boobs. My mom really shortchanged me. :p

Nukeman
09-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Dang, if only I had that chick's boobs. My mom really shortchanged me. :pthey are only a surgery away!!!!!!!! :beer:

aboutime
09-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Yeah. Good idea gabby. Silicone would finally help to lower your IQ to zero. Jealousy only costs about 5 Grand to be just like everyone else who can't think.

Nukeman
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah. Good idea gabby. Silicone would finally help to lower your IQ to zero. Jealousy only costs about 5 Grand to be just like everyone else who can't think.Can't dispute the other information but you can respond with insults to the off topic post.. What don't you have anything to say??? or are you only good for snarky insults that you soooo loath!!!!!!!!:poke:

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 04:17 PM

Even small boobed women look awesome in lingerie. And I think I heard another here speak - Make up for it with a nice ass! :coffee:

Nukeman
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Even small boobed women look awesome in lingerie. And I think I heard another here speak - Make up for it with a nice ass! :coffee:yep... Small rack nice back porch!!!!!!

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
yep... Small rack nice back porch!!!!!!

And there's nothing wrong with that. While I obviously adore boobies, of any size, I've always been with petite women all my life. :beer:

aboutime
09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Can't dispute the other information but you can respond with insults to the off topic post.. What don't you have anything to say??? or are you only good for snarky insults that you soooo loath!!!!!!!!:poke:

Did you happen to read what gabby said, that made me respond as I did?

Never mind. Been there. Done that, many times before.

Nukeman
09-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Did you happen to read what gabby said, that made me respond as I did?

Never mind. Been there. Done that, many times before.Gee I don't know maybe I saw it!?!?!? Oh ya I responded to her post so i guess that means I read them..... Now you STILL have nothing on the on topic post!?!?!? Nothing to dispute or just no insults to through out since I'm not a woman!?!?!?!?!?

NightTrain
09-11-2012, 07:41 PM

If marijuana were to be legalized, that would not prevent them from saying "You can't have any marijuana in your system at any time, period."

Yes, actually, it would. It would be the equivalent of being piss tested on Monday morning and having alcohol in your system (up to 3 days), and you had gone out to hit the bars on Saturday night. Both would be legal to still have in your system.

If it were legalized on a State level, then they'd have to come up with some sort of test to indicate whether you're under the influence at the time - which I think can be done now with the amount of THC detected at the time of the test and when the last time the usage was. The levels taper off with time, of course, as your body flushes it out.

As far as Federal Law, though, that's another animal. Any Federal employee would be subject to criminal charges, no matter if it's legal in the State that it occurred in because Federal law trumps State law. In order for a member of the US Military to legally smoke pot, the Federal law would have to be changed. In fact, any State's "Medical Marijuana" law on the books is unconstitutional because it conflicts with Federal Law and all that's required is for someone to challenge it in Federal Court.

State Laws can be more stringent, but NEVER less so. And that's in the Constitution.

NightTrain
09-11-2012, 07:56 PM

Also, what is the accepted justification of marijuana, medicinal purposes. Planned Parenthood is already using tax dollars to pay for abortions. It will not take long for some government agency to start using tax dollars to pay for marijuana. What may seem like a tax revenue resource could also become a tax burden.

It pains me to disagree with you, MTN, but here I have to.

Take the booze industry. It's taxed brutally.

You don't see (at least here in Alaska) ANY illegal booze being sold. That's my drug of choice, and I think I'd be aware of it by now. It's easy to make, and a LOT easier to hide than a grow operation. You just don't see any illegal booze operation going. Maybe they do in Kentucky, but I'm not there.

My point is that if booze is still sold 99.9% on the legal market and is taxed ridiculously, which it is, I don't see why pot wouldn't be the same animal.

I say this being a person that doesn't smoke pot - I tried it back in high school and it made me the most miserable, paranoid person you can imagine - Mary Jane and I don't agree at all.

I look at this like the Rum Runners of old, they were doing the same thing as the pot runners today... I think a habitual pot smoker is pretty much a loser, pretty much the same as PyschoBabble on another one of his runners. Alcoholics are fucking dreary to be around, much the same as a pothead.

My 2 cents.

gabosaurus
09-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Nicotine is a drug.
Alcohol is a drug.
Marijuana is a drug.

Why are the first two legal and third not? It doesn't make any sense.
Legalizing and taxing marijuana would create an incredible new revenue source and decrease our crime level significantly, thus relieving pressure on law enforcement, courts and the prison system.
Which is obviously why our farked up government is against it. :rolleyes:

aboutime
09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Gee I don't know maybe I saw it!?!?!? Oh ya I responded to her post so i guess that means I read them..... Now you STILL have nothing on the on topic post!?!?!? Nothing to dispute or just no insults to through out since I'm not a woman!?!?!?!?!?

Never thought you were. Forget it. It's not worth the effort, or the time, and God forbid I might offend, or upset anyone with such a thin skin.

Nukeman
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Never thought you were. Forget it. It's not worth the effort, or the time, and God forbid I might offend, or upset anyone with such a thin skin.REALLY the only ones here you seam to insult regularly are women and Muslims!!!

Contrary to your new ASSUMPTION I don't have a thin skin YOU on the other hand decided to go bat shit when I called you "numb nuts".. So ABOUTTIME, who has the thin skin.. Still waiting on a in depth rebuttal of why the military allows the use of amphetamines and you are fine with that yet have a problem if someone suggest that they make marijuana legal and than smoke in the military "IF LEGAL" so what do you say????? Or are you going to go run and bash on women and Muslims some more??? Can't talk shit to the big boys???? :poke: