PDA

View Full Version : This one is really going to piss off the TSA haters

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I didn't even know they tested alcohol for explosives. Apparently this woman wasn't happy about it and wouldn't let them do it, and drank it instead. The thought, based on this, that she had an attitude and took revenge on that. Apparently she was booted from her flight.

A
TSA screener admitted to a woman traveling through Houston Airport that she was prevented from boarding her flight for retaliatory reasons as punishment for a bad attitude rather than any genuine security threat, after the woman refused to allow TSA agents to test her drink for explosives.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gEii7dQUpy8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

The audio and video in the clip above is scratchy, but the woman is heard saying, “Let me get this straight, this is retaliatory for my attitude, this is not making the airways safer it’s retaliatory.”

“It pretty much definitely is,” the TSA screener responds.

The incident began when the woman refused to allow TSA agents to carry out a controversial policy where they test drinks for explosives that are purchased by passengers after they have already passed through security.

“This was inside the terminal at the Houston airport,” the woman writes on her You Tube channel. “I was not allowed to board a plane (even though I had already been through airport security) because I drank my water instead of letting the TSA “test” it. The TSA agent finally admitted that it wasn’t because they thought I was a security risk – it was because they were mad at me!”

The new policy, which as we highlighted is completely pointless and unnecessary, was back in the headlines earlier this week after the Drudge Report posted an Infowars story featuring a video which showed TSA screeners testing drinks in the departure lounge at Columbus Ohio Airport.

After the story went viral, the TSA responded on its official Twitter feed by re-posting a TSA blog response from July which claimed the procedure was “business as usual.” As we documented, the response was a glib attempt to brush aside the story and completely failed to justify the reasoning behind the policy.

The fact that the TSA screener admits the woman is being punished for her attitude confirms the premise that many of the TSA’s security procedures actually have nothing to do with safety and are more a form of obedience training for the general public.

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-kicks-woman-off-flight-for-bad-attitude/

Trigg
09-08-2012, 06:48 PM
The majority of people will not stand up for themselves because they risk exactly what happened to this lady.

Missing their flight and being forced to purchase another ticket.

I personally would rather drink the coke or throw it away rather than risk them putting something unclean into my drink.

aboutime
09-08-2012, 06:49 PM
The TSA workers are nothing more than above minimum wage, power hungry, mentally superior (or so they think), because their power and position allows them to control EVERY MOVE, of EVERY PERSON within their range of vision.

Much like giving a person who lives on the street....called homeless; A whistle, night-stick, and weapon to stop people on the street, asking them for some CHANGE...and threatening to arrest, beat, or shoot them if they decline.

Just wait until Obama, and Holder find a way to give the TSA members Union representation. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I stuck up for the TSA for a bit, based on the theory of what I thought they were supposed to achieve. While records show they are stopping a shitload of contraband, including many guns and knives - I think those things could be found by goo metal detectors and xray machines and private companies running the show - and hopefully having top notch audio/video installed for the liability of all involved. The TSA has take way too many liberties for me to defend them anymore. There should be a time limit given to shut them down and have airlines hire private security. I don't know how much better they'll be, or if many tactics will remain the same, but they will be accountable, and that fear alone will improve the way they conduct business.

jafar00
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
The TSA has take way too many liberties for me to defend them anymore.

So much for that much vaunted freedom. You have lost so much since 9/11.

Kathianne
09-08-2012, 11:10 PM
I stuck up for the TSA for a bit, based on the theory of what I thought they were supposed to achieve. While records show they are stopping a shitload of contraband, including many guns and knives - I think those things could be found by goo metal detectors and xray machines and private companies running the show - and hopefully having top notch audio/video installed for the liability of all involved. The TSA has take way too many liberties for me to defend them anymore. There should be a time limit given to shut them down and have airlines hire private security. I don't know how much better they'll be, or if many tactics will remain the same, but they will be accountable, and that fear alone will improve the way they conduct business.

One would have thought that after 9/11, the first thing done would have been to get a company trained in what the Israelis do for El Al. First off, racial profile. Second, use top notch folks to monitor the cameras for body language. Anyone that fits into the nervous behaviors that might indicate problems, they should be stepped up for further screening. Third, citizens that have allowed for background searches and what is felt to be needed, go through detectors and empty pockets like in a courthouse-fast and without hassles.

But no, with each foiled terror plot, everyone was treated like the terrorist, who of course wasn't treated that way before caught. Insane.

Nell's Room
09-09-2012, 01:34 AM
If they have passed through security, and then bought a drink, why the hell should that drink be tested? Just get her to drink some and prove that it has nothing in it, or just the damn thing to see if its been opened.

jimnyc
09-09-2012, 08:03 AM
So much for that much vaunted freedom. You have lost so much since 9/11.

Wrong again! Not a single one of my freedoms have changed, not a single one. If I fly, they may went to check to make sure I'm not a terrorist, I'm cool with that. I just think it should be someone other than a government agency doing the checking. But they did checks of ones person and their belongings long before 9/11, just wasn't the TSA. I'm honestly trying to think as I type this as I can't think of a single freedom I've lost since 9/11.

jafar00
09-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Wrong again! Not a single one of my freedoms have changed, not a single one. If I fly, they may went to check to make sure I'm not a terrorist, I'm cool with that. I just think it should be someone other than a government agency doing the checking. But they did checks of ones person and their belongings long before 9/11, just wasn't the TSA. I'm honestly trying to think as I type this as I can't think of a single freedom I've lost since 9/11.

Can you take a small bottle of water or a bottle of baby's milk without harassment? Not any more. Sux to be you if you get on a no fly list too. And I hope you enjoy having your junk fondled when the TSA pats you down. Or you can always opt to go through the body scanner which is so dangerous, TSA employees using it have to wear dosimeters. Of course I am not mentioning all of the other constitutional rights lost since 9/11. The terrorists won.

jimnyc
09-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Can you take a small bottle of water or a bottle of baby's milk without harassment? Not any more. Sux to be you if you get on a no fly list too. And I hope you enjoy having your junk fondled when the TSA pats you down. Or you can always opt to go through the body scanner which is so dangerous, TSA employees using it have to wear dosimeters. Of course I am not mentioning all of the other constitutional rights lost since 9/11. The terrorists won.

I don't have a small baby, but if I did, and I was going to fly, I would take every precaution imaginable to head off any setbacks. I would gladly let them check the liquids as in the examples here. All we ever hear about are the complainers, millions and millions are going through each year without issue. I've been frisked before, no big deal to me. I put everything in my bags. I doubt it would take more than a few seconds to pass me through. But if they sent me to this "scary room" that they send suspicious people to, so be it. If I cooperate, I'll be on my flight and to my destination on time. If a have a complaint, I will handle with the appropriate authorities after the fact. I've probably been through more dangerous body scanners in the past few months than I would face there. Anyway, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't have a problem with beefed up security. I took issue with this article because they took action on someone just for the hell of it.

You can go ahead and mention the others so I can laugh at them as well. Not a single freedom has been taken away from me. Not a single right from the constitution has been taken from me. None, sorry!

aboutime
09-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't have a small baby, but if I did, and I was going to fly, I would take every precaution imaginable to head off any setbacks. I would gladly let them check the liquids as in the examples here. All we ever hear about are the complainers, millions and millions are going through each year without issue. I've been frisked before, no big deal to me. I put everything in my bags. I doubt it would take more than a few seconds to pass me through. But if they sent me to this "scary room" that they send suspicious people to, so be it. If I cooperate, I'll be on my flight and to my destination on time. If a have a complaint, I will handle with the appropriate authorities after the fact. I've probably been through more dangerous body scanners in the past few months than I would face there. Anyway, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't have a problem with beefed up security. I took issue with this article because they took action on someone just for the hell of it.

You can go ahead and mention the others so I can laugh at them as well. Not a single freedom has been taken away from me. Not a single right from the constitution has been taken from me. None, sorry!

jimnyc. My wife and I have tried, and tried, and tried to imagine, or even pretend to know of any RIGHTS, or FREEDOMS we have lost since September 11, 2001. And we've only come up with a silly one. Which is. Our right, or freedom to turn on our tv, or radio, or the Internet, and not hear some IDIOT complaining about all of the Rights they have lost since Bush was elected the first time.

Anyone like to tell us..Honestly...which rights, freedoms, or liberties you have personally Lost in any way?

By the way. I OWE NOBODY AN APOLOGY, nor am I SORRY for not being able to find a reason.