PDA

View Full Version : Hate to disappoint

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm a heathen and a dirtbag. I think I have 22 tattoos but I lost count and some were designed to run into one another. I hope this doesn't have people think less of me, or that I am less intelligent. :(

I got my first tattoo when I was 18 and the last 2 years ago when I was 42. Each one means a little something to me. My intent in getting them was never to show them off or impress, just for me because I enjoy them, and I enjoy knowing it's a piece of me forever. It's been interesting, to say the least, to see the reactions of others over the years. Whether that be walking down the road, in a restaurant or of course at a place of employment. People that know me very well, respect me and my intelligence and don't give a crap about my tattoos. Other people will judge and have their minds made up upon first glance. I've seen a big change in just my short life. They are becoming more accepted and those getting them aren't restricted to any type of person or age group. To each their own is all I can think of. But yeah, I know there are people that will think all kinds of things about me when they just see me in a short sleeve shirt. That's ok with me, I can live with that, they're entitled to their opinions of course. Here's a picture from a year ago or so, give ya an idea of just how much of a filthy bastard I am! :coffee:

http://i45.tinypic.com/t55ens.jpg

aboutime
09-08-2012, 07:49 PM
jimnyc: Who called you a filthy bastard?

And, since this is your forum. Why would you allow anyone to do so?

jimnyc
09-08-2012, 07:52 PM
jimnyc: Who called you a filthy bastard?

And, since this is your forum. Why would you allow anyone to do so?

Oh, no one, that's how I refer to myself a lot, and as a "dirtbag" and a pervert and sometimes just a plain 'ol bastard. Self deprecating humor. I like to beat everyone to the punch! :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-08-2012, 08:08 PM
My cousin, Willie ran away from home in the early 60's at the young age of 15 . He went first to Texas , worked there , then later when a few years older into Mexico, he was wilder than Cooter Brown! Made his own way , wilder than hell but really intelligent. Now he had body art, man did he have it. Made trips to Mexico over a 25 year period getting more and more. All were fantasticly good , well placed and must have been done by a truly great artist. I am much younger than he and they fascinated me as a child and even as an adult. He had gloriously wild tales to tell about his trips in Old Mexico to get that body art done. I mean verified true tales about his adventures , verified by my older brother that went with him many times years later. I have zero paint on my skin but do appreciate seeing it when it has been done by a true artist. Of course that was back in the 60's and 70's , and he never went in for the heap stuff. Even my mother that really dislikes that stuff thought his were great. A wild guy, lived a wild life of whiskey/wine ,women and hell raising. His body was found in pieces in Florida ran over by a train , died on his own, still living the wild life at age 63. Guy could come into a room have everybody wanting to be his friend in minutes, so likeable and entertaining, the gals loved him..I still mss him... -Tyr

gabosaurus
09-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Jim is a filthy, heathen bastard. I am allowed to say this because he still thinks I will eventually send him lingerie shots. :poke:

Kathianne
09-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Jim, tats or not you are intelligent and generous. I've known you long enough to say that with conviction.

We all have our opinions and yes, even our prejudices. I wouldn't ever act differently towards a stranger with tats, but in my head I'd say to myself, "How will they feel about that down the road?" That's the line I used on my kids when they were considering a few years ago. On the other hand, I know plenty of folks, young and old that have them. Many are brilliant and like you, chose meaningful things they wanted to make permanent, at least as permanent as their time will allow. Funny, I never question their ability or judgment, I KNOW them. ;)

Nell's Room
09-09-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm a heathen and a dirtbag. I think I have 22 tattoos but I lost count and some were designed to run into one another. I hope this doesn't have people think less of me, or that I am less intelligent. :(

I got my first tattoo when I was 18 and the last 2 years ago when I was 42. Each one means a little something to me. My intent in getting them was never to show them off or impress, just for me because I enjoy them, and I enjoy knowing it's a piece of me forever. It's been interesting, to say the least, to see the reactions of others over the years. Whether that be walking down the road, in a restaurant or of course at a place of employment. People that know me very well, respect me and my intelligence and don't give a crap about my tattoos. Other people will judge and have their minds made up upon first glance. I've seen a big change in just my short life. They are becoming more accepted and those getting them aren't restricted to any type of person or age group. To each their own is all I can think of. But yeah, I know there are people that will think all kinds of things about me when they just see me in a short sleeve shirt. That's ok with me, I can live with that, they're entitled to their opinions of course. Here's a picture from a year ago or so, give ya an idea of just how much of a filthy bastard I am! :coffee:

I love a tattooed man and you look rather cute! :)

red states rule
09-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Jim looks to me that this guy as you beat the tattoo department. How much does it cost to get just one of these tattoos?

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wv/01/14152/14152.jpg

darin
09-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I'd hit it.

aboutime
09-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh, no one, that's how I refer to myself a lot, and as a "dirtbag" and a pervert and sometimes just a plain 'ol bastard. Self deprecating humor. I like to beat everyone to the punch! :laugh2:

jimnyc. Though you beat me to the punch...as you suggested above. I've been called all of those things, and plenty more. Means nothing, and says nothing about yourself. But entertains others who think they can always be the one who beats everybody else to the punch. But in a different way we all know, and recognize.

Actually. It serves as a pleasant way of making others angry when we can be SELF DEPRECATING. It kinda takes the selfish wind out of their sails...so to speak.
I have no doubt. You are the kind, gentle, reasonable, logical, common sense kind of person you would never admit yourself.

So it's a WIN-WIN for you.

Thunderknuckles
09-10-2012, 02:50 PM
The Steelers tat might forever mark you as a cave dwelling troglodyte but you're all good in my book.

Fuggin' Broncos...

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Jim looks to me that this guy as you beat the tattoo department. How much does it cost to get just one of these tattoos?

All depends on where you go. Most places charge by the hour. The better places about $125-150 per. If you hear them say $50 an hour, expect a crappy piece of ink. Some places offer flat prices too, off the pictures on the wall or in their magazines. I wouldn't do that though, as then you're getting a tattoo that someone else has. I wanted all of mine to be unique to me, or at least try and keep them unique. Most of mine were anywhere from $60 for my first, a very tiny rose, and my most expensive being $275 for a big piece of tribal art.

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
The Steelers tat might forever mark you as a cave dwelling troglodyte but you're all good in my book.

Fuggin' Broncos...

Last year I had to deal with Tebow knocking us out on the first play of OT in the playoffs, and now the Broncos and Manning give them their first loss. My new most hated team, for now anyway!

Nukeman
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I'd hit it.
:gay:
:gay:

I'm beginning to have my doubts about you D.... LOL:beer:

glockmail
09-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Admit it to the world right here in now: this is a picture of you peeing in the pool.

:lol:

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd hit it.

Shit, I missed this. Back off man! I may not be getting any at home, but I'd prefer to stretch a frogs mouth open than swing that way! :lol:

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Admit it to the world right here in now: this is a picture of you peeing in the pool.

:lol:

Not that it's above me, but I honestly didn't in that pool since I stay at that place so often. I forget the name of the movie, I think "grown ups", where they were all in the pool and all of a sudden it was like blue ink filling the kiddy section cause one of them was taking a leak! LOL I know that would happen if it were me! But I did "borrow" a few of their small workout towels!

Oh, and I know you're just dying to jump on me about the tattoos! Go ahead and have at it, I'm used to it by now! :poke: :beer:

09-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I'd hit it.

By hit it, you mean punch, right?

glockmail
09-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Not that it's above me, but I honestly didn't in that pool since I stay at that place so often. I forget the name of the movie, I think "grown ups", where they were all in the pool and all of a sudden it was like blue ink filling the kiddy section cause one of them was taking a leak! LOL I know that would happen if it were me! But I did "borrow" a few of their small workout towels!

Oh, and I know you're just dying to jump on me about the tattoos! Go ahead and have at it, I'm used to it by now! :poke: :beer:
No, I promised that I wouldn't rag on you about the tats and I'm a man of my word. :slap:

But the look on your face it's obvious that you're thinking both "relief" and "shouldn't be doing this". That plus the cloudiness of the water. :laugh:

aboutime
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
It reminds me of a sign a friend of mine up in Pennsylvania had next to his pool, back in 1978-79.

Many of you have heard, or seen it. But it always brings a smile. It said:

"I DON'T SWIM IN YOUR TOILET. SO DON'T PEE IN MY POOL!"

gabosaurus
09-10-2012, 10:16 PM
My dad's best friend has two tattoos that he got when he was much younger. He never got any others and doesn't encourage others to get them.
My dad described to me the conversation his friend had with my daughter when she asked about the tattoos.

"How do they do those drawings on you?"
"With a needle and ink."
"A real needle? Like they give you shots at the doctor?"
"Yes, but it is a little bigger. Have you ever cut yourself with a knife or some other blade?"
"Yeah, it hurts a lot."
"Well, when you get a tattoo, they use a sharp needle to cut your skin for about a hour or so."
"OH GROSS!!!" :laugh:

Which goes along with my mom's continued admonishment that the only women who got tattoos were "whores and gypsies."