PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon on the water

WiccanLiberal
09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
After being so miserable yesterday, I thought V4R and I would have a quiet day at home. Our neighbors decided to invite us out, however. We spent the afternoon motoring west on their boat to Long Beach to a really fun little restaurant on the water. We docked the boat and went ashore for supper. The food and the company were just what we both needed, even though V4R couldn't appreciate the seafood. His allergy limited him to the landlubbers side of the menu.

jafar00
09-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I spent the weekend by the water myself. We went to Manly (A beach area of Sydney) which of course involved 2 ferries. I travel to and from my office by ferry too. I have fallen in love with living near the water and would find it difficult to move somewhere else now. Of course, the Fish and Chips in Manly is divine meaning my diet had to go on hold to enjoy the day to the full.

My wife thinks I am childish because I couldn't finish all the chips so I was holding them above my head for the most bold of seagulls to take them directly from my hand. Am I bad? :)

gabosaurus
09-09-2012, 11:05 PM
When my husband and I lived in the Bay Area, one of his new clients invited us up to spend Saturday at their home. We followed the directions they had given us and ended up what looked to be a vacant lot. Turned out we had to follow a path about half a mile to their home, which was more of an estate. We had lunch and then went out on their sailboat. Which was larger than the apartment we were renting at the time. :eek:

Two older ladies sat across the boat from us and lit up cigarettes. Which caused me to start humming a Deep Purple song. My husband said if I made him start laughing, he was going to throw me overboard. :cool:

Voted4Reagan
09-10-2012, 02:21 AM
After being so miserable yesterday, I thought V4R and I would have a quiet day at home. Our neighbors decided to invite us out, however. We spent the afternoon motoring west on their boat to Long Beach to a really fun little restaurant on the water. We docked the boat and went ashore for supper. The food and the company were just what we both needed, even though V4R couldn't appreciate the seafood. His allergy limited him to the landlubbers side of the menu.

excuse me.... The LANDLUBBERS SIDE of the menu suits me just fine....

I always found it funny that what you eat for Dinner...I use for BAIT

luv ya hunny