PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida's No. 2 in Yemen killed in airstrike

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Another one down...

SANAA, Yemen (AP) — An airstrike killed al-Qaida's No. 2 leader in Yemen along with six others traveling with him in one car on Monday, U.S. and Yemeni officials said, a major breakthrough for U.S.-backed efforts to cripple the group in the impoverished Arab nation.

Saeed al-Shihri, a Saudi national who fought in Afghanistan and spent six years in the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, was killed by a missile after leaving a house in the southern province of Hadramawt, according to Yemeni military officials. They said the missile was believed to have been fired by a U.S.-operated, unmanned drone aircraft.

Two senior U.S. officials confirmed al-Shihri's death but could not confirm any U.S. involvement in the airstrike. The U.S. doesn't usually comment on such attacks although it has used drones in the past to go after al-Qaida members in Yemen, which is considered a crucial battleground with the terror network.

Yemeni military officials said that a local forensics team had identified al-Shihri's body with the help of U.S. forensics experts on the ground. The U.S. and Yemeni military officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to release the information to the media.

http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaidas-no-2-yemen-killed-airstrike-144744825.html

jafar00
09-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Al Qaeda seems to lose a lot of number 2s. Should that be #1 on the list of most dangerous jobs?

jimnyc
09-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Al Qaeda seems to lose a lot of number 2s. Should that be #1 on the list of most dangerous jobs?

I want to see them get Zawahiri. But if they keep taking out #2's, that's cool too.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I want to see them get Zawahiri. But if they keep taking out #2's, that's cool too.

I want to see the US slay the beast and not think victory is in chopping off a few tentacles. Tentacles that can and will be regrown. We have to start eliminating the religious leaders that send forth these evil and murderous fighters.
Its being done at the commands of the religious leaders that sit back in safety and send others to die for Allah. About time to see that they get free tickets to paradise. Either we play hardball or we waste a couple decades chopping off tentacles as the beast grows larger and more powerful. The Hydra - ACTUALLY PROMOTES THE WAY WE FIGHT NOW. For now we ignore the head and shoot the non lethal limbs. Sure some will say that its savage and brutal but to them I say so what, what tha hell do you think they are? They murder innocent women and children with joy in their barbariic filthy hearts. At least we would be hard long enough to end it as was the case in WW2!
Besides we will have to make that hard choice sooner or later. I am a realist I say sooner is better. Did we wait after getting the A-bomb in WW2? No, we used both bombs to stop the death and destruction and it worked saving over a million lives! -Tyr

jafar00
09-11-2012, 05:54 AM
I want to see the US slay the beast and not think victory is in chopping off a few tentacles. Tentacles that can and will be regrown. We have to start eliminating the religious leaders that send forth these evil and murderous fighters.

I'm all for targeting the leaders who lead young men astray as they do. Just make sure the intelligence is 100% sound or more innocents will die. Boots on the ground surgical precision is needed like the Osama operation.

OMG did I just agree with you tyr?

Nukeman
09-11-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm all for targeting the leaders who lead young men astray as they do. Just make sure the intelligence is 100% sound or more innocents will die. Boots on the ground surgical precision is needed like the Osama operation.

It would help if the Muslims took it upon themselves to rid the world of these idiots so we don't have to, but for some reason we always hear that we "need to understand why they werre pushed to those actions"!! Uhh no we don't lots of people every day have shitty lives and they don't turn into militant murderers or terrorist.. So what I'm saying, try cleaning your own house for a change!!!! Please!!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2012, 08:02 AM

Yes sir, I believe you just did. Somebody is learning , eh?-;)--Tyr

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Its being done at the commands of the religious leaders that sit back in safety and send others to die for Allah. About time to see that they get free tickets to paradise. Either we play hardball or we waste a couple decades chopping off tentacles as the beast grows larger and more powerful. The Hydra - ACTUALLY PROMOTES THE WAY WE FIGHT NOW. For now we ignore the head and shoot the non lethal limbs. Sure some will say that its savage and brutal but to them I say so what, what tha hell do you think they are? They murder innocent women and children with joy in their barbariic filthy hearts. At least we would be hard long enough to end it as was the case in WW2!
Besides we will have to make that hard choice sooner or later. I am a realist I say sooner is better. Did we wait after getting the A-bomb in WW2? No, we used both bombs to stop the death and destruction and it worked saving over a million lives! -Tyr

Bitch bitch bitch. Where are you going to drp an a-bomb that will wipe out the entire Islamic mafia ?

jafar00
09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
It would help if the Muslims took it upon themselves to rid the world of these idiots so we don't have to, but for some reason we always hear that we "need to understand why they werre pushed to those actions"!! Uhh no we don't lots of people every day have shitty lives and they don't turn into militant murderers or terrorist.. So what I'm saying, try cleaning your own house for a change!!!! Please!!!!

I would gladly do so if you could just point out what a terrorist looks like and how to differentiate one from a good guy. In the meantime you could also clean your house of those crazed gunmen that shoot up cinemas, schools and any place of worship that prominently features beards. Sick of hearing about them ;)

aboutime
09-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Looks, and sounds like all of the Higher Ups in Al-Qaida wear a number 2 on their back for identification purposes during Drone Airstrikes.

If they all wear a Number 2. No wonder we keep finding, and killing Number 2's.

Will they ever run out of Number 2's?

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
It's like a video game that's only been beaten once. Those CIA boys are pissed that the Seals got #1.

Nukeman
09-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I would gladly do so if you could just point out what a terrorist looks like and how to differentiate one from a good guy. In the meantime you could also clean your house of those crazed gunmen that shoot up cinemas, schools and any place of worship that prominently features beards. Sick of hearing about them ;)I guarentee you that for every 1 lunatic that shoots up a cinema there are THOUSANDS of Mulims willing to blow up a school bus, church, restaurant, mall, or any other public gathering place.

You are purposfully being optuse with your "show me what a terrorist looks like". YOU know damn well what they teach and the hate that is spewed in certain mosques, yet YOU would rather make snippy remarks about how to recognize one try looking in the mosques that preach hate and muder of innocents which YOU stae every time is NOT true Islam.... Try OPENING your eyes!! Or just keep them closed and point your blaming finger in our direction instead.. keep blaming us and bury your head in the sand and ignor those terrorist you can't recognize until they come for you moderates..............:poke:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Bitch bitch bitch. Where are you going to drp an a-bomb that will wipe out the entire Islamic mafia ?

When are you going to stop posting in the murderers's defense? When are you going to admit we were attacked 9/11 because the Koran tells them to Jihad infidels? When are you going to wake up and smell the coffee? In fact when are you going to start giving any specific defense instead of answering with one liner questions? Are you reduced to only that after attempting to defend the indefensible? If so ,then good , at least we got you that far..-;)-Tyr

aboutime
09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
It's like a video game that's only been beaten once. Those CIA boys are pissed that the Seals got #1.

Dilloduck. That is a dumb, if not completely stupid statement above. If you think that kind of competition exists. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that OBAMA himself, with the help of Joe BIGMOUTH Biden....wrote a book about how they both SECRETLY flew to Pakistan, and took out OBL themselves.

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Dilloduck. That is a dumb, if not completely stupid statement above. If you think that kind of competition exists. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that OBAMA himself, with the help of Joe BIGMOUTH Biden....wrote a book about how they both SECRETLY flew to Pakistan, and took out OBL themselves.

Not nearly as dumb as our own intelligence agencies COMPLETELY FAILING us on 9/11. The list of procedural and equipment failures is frightening.

Gaffer
09-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Not nearly as dumb as our own intelligence agencies COMPLETELY FAILING us on 9/11. The list of procedural and equipment failures is frightening.

Procedures set by clinton.

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Procedures set by clinton.

As if that makes any difference ? It was American policies that failed--I suspect a few other countries failed to warn us too but I can't prove it.