PDA

View Full Version : Netanyahu admits sanctions and timelines may work.

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Netanyahu has argued that setting a clear boundary for Iran's uranium enrichment activities and imposing stronger economic sanctions could deter Tehran from developing nuclear weapons and mitigate the need for military action.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-no-block-israel-iran-netanyahu-161058318.html

Gaffer
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
They can put a troop withdrawal date out for afghan but they can't put a compliance date on iran. We live in Bizzaro World.

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Agreed--one thing for sure--We will never find out what's really going on by listening to the headlines. Too much is said for the benefit of the world stage.

Kathianne
09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Even Dillo agrees, Netanyahu is right, Obama is trying to wait out November.

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I didn't agree with anything. Obama could be putting on a show----trying to distance himself from Israel before they strike. I have no clue what these yahoos are trying to do but I'll be really pissed if it's war for us on another front.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/11/us-israel-iran-netanyahu-idUSBRE88A10B20120911

An unusual snub, Obama to avoid meeting with Netanyahu
By Matt Spetalnick and Allyn Fisher-Ilan

WASHINGTON/JERUSALEM | Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11pm EDT

WASHINGTON/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - In a highly unusual rebuff to a close ally, the White House said on Tuesday that President Barack Obama would not meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a U.S. visit later this month, as tensions escalated over how to deal with Iran's nuclear program.

The apparent snub, coupled with Netanyahu's sharpened demands for a tougher U.S. line against Iran, threatened to plunge U.S.-Israeli relations into crisis and add pressure on Obama in the final stretch of a tight presidential election campaign.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats so unusual about it? Obama has been shafting our allies ever since he first sat on the THRONE!
Now he plays for time , wanting the election to be over before he completely sides with Israel's enemies. Because to do so before the election would mean a sure defeat!
Remember in the past he said, in the end he would side with Islam? His words, words of a muslim in hiding folks.
America had better wake up and I mean damn quick!-Tyr

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 09:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-turns-down-netanyahu-meeting-request-201715077--election.html

It was a misunderstanding

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2012, 10:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-turns-down-netanyahu-meeting-request-201715077--election.html

It was a misunderstanding

f-that damn lying cover story. All it is is spin trying excuse obama not meeting with him as a scheduling conflict. What is his reelection more important than the fate of an allied nation!!? An hour ,face to face . is that important and would cost obama the win , give it a break. That phoney bullshit would only fool a damn foooooool!! You posted it.-;)

Dilloduck
09-11-2012, 10:18 PM
f-that damn lying cover story. All it is is spin trying excuse obama not meeting with him as a scheduling conflict. What is his reelection more important than the fate of an allied nation!!? An hour ,face to face . is that important and would cost obama the win , give it a break. That phoney bullshit would only fool a damn foooooool!! You posted it.-;)

Is that it? Insults ?

taft2012
09-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Obama is trying to wait out November.

And why not? He's got a compliant news media in his pocket who wouldn't dare run a story about how, in 2008, he promised to sit down with Iran and solve this problem.... but actually hasn't done shyte about it.

It's just another example of what Americans will tolerate abroad as long as the gubmint keeps them welfare checks coming in the mail every month.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Is that it? Insults ?

^^^^^^^^^^Now even your one liners are getting shorter. Its only an insult if you admit that it is true! I guess we just got such an admission directly from you! I merely stated these three words about you-- You posted it.. You gave an unsolicited admission..
Who says a countryboy cant bait?;)
I used to do a bit of trapping and selling the hides when I was in my teens. Say, how much is yours worth?-:laugh:-Tyr

jafar00
09-12-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/11/us-israel-iran-netanyahu-idUSBRE88A10B20120911

An unusual snub, Obama to avoid meeting with Netanyahu
By Matt Spetalnick and Allyn Fisher-Ilan

WASHINGTON/JERUSALEM | Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11pm EDT

WASHINGTON/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - In a highly unusual rebuff to a close ally, the White House said on Tuesday that President Barack Obama would not meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a U.S. visit later this month, as tensions escalated over how to deal with Iran's nuclear program.

The apparent snub, coupled with Netanyahu's sharpened demands for a tougher U.S. line against Iran, threatened to plunge U.S.-Israeli relations into crisis and add pressure on Obama in the final stretch of a tight presidential election campaign.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats so unusual about it? Obama has been shafting our allies ever since he first sat on the THRONE!
Now he plays for time , wanting the election to be over before he completely sides with Israel's enemies. Because to do so before the election would mean a sure defeat!
Remember in the past he said, in the end he would side with Islam? His words, words of a muslim in hiding folks.
America had better wake up and I mean damn quick!-Tyr

It's nothing unusual. Obama didn't kowtow to Netanyahu before either. Why should he do it now?