PDA

View Full Version : Embassies invaded, ambassador killed: This isn't "your father's war", it's far worse

Little-Acorn
09-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Yesterday, on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks against the United States, the U.S. Embassies and consulates in both Egypt and Libya were attacked. And now comes the news that the U.S. Ambassdor to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens, was killed by the armed invaders.

This wasn't "just another American" who was killed, though that would certainly be bad enough.

These people killed the U.S. Ambassador to Libya. Among others.

Am I the only one who finds this to be a monstrous act, worse even than the armed invasion of U.S. sovereign territory (the embassies in Egypt and Libya)? (An invasion which, as I have pointed out elsewhere, is worse in turn than an armed invasion of a U.S. coastal city.)

Any invasion of U.S. territory is, as is agreed by all civilized countries, an act of war. An invasion of a U.S. Embassy is even worse - embassies are to be held inviolate, so that even the warring powers can continue diplomatic relations in hopes of stopping the war. Without intact, functioning embassies and consulates, there can be no negotiations, no terms, and no surrender - there literally would be no channels for communication, nobody to surrender to, with no possible end to the war except the complete destruction, capture, and annihilation to the last man, of one (or both) sides.

Deliberately damaging or destroying the embassy, means that those doing the destroying have descended into barbarism, having no interest in stopping the killing, no desire to negotiate, no interest in redressing grievances, EVER. And the killing of the Ambassador, is worst of all, for obvious reasons: They are systematically breaking the chain of negotiation. And only persons higher in the chain, is SecState and the President himself.

Invading an embassy and killing the Ambassador, means that the invaders aren't making war for the usual purpose a nation makes war (collecting loot and/or forcing their victim to change national policy). The invaders are simply bent on complete, unending destruction.

To put it mildly, they should be careful what they wish for.

BTW, has either of the currently-reigning governments in Egypt or Libya, condemned these attacks and declared they would arrest, prosecute, and punish those who carried them out?

I have heard of no such statements from either government, though that could change. But has it?

This lack is even more ominous than the attacks and murders themselves.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/u-s-ambassador-killed-in-libya-20120912

U.S. ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens and three other embassy staff were killed in an attack in Benghazi on Wednesday, the White House confirmed on Wednesday.

The Americans were targeted in an attack in their car, trying to move to a safer venue away from the violent protests that erupted at the U.S. Consulate, Reuters reported.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
What do you consider would be an appropriate response to this attack ?

Thunderknuckles
09-12-2012, 12:52 PM
BTW, has either of the currently-reigning governments in Egypt or Libya, condemned these attacks and declared they would arrest, prosecute, and punish those who carried them out?

I have heard of no such statements from either government, though that could change. But has it?
Libya's interim President apologized to us and vowed to bring the perpetrators to justice which should also answer Dillo's question.
Not sure about Egypt.

Other than that, good post. Attacking and killing a U.S. Ambassador does not bode well for U.S., Libyan relations.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Libya's interim President apologized to us and vowed to bring the perpetrators to justice which should also answer Dillo's question.
Not sure about Egypt.

Other than that, good post. Attacking and killing a U.S. Ambassador does not bode well for U.S., Libyan relations.

American relations with Libya have sucked for decades. Did you expect better ? The muslims in the Libyan Govt have apologized and are now actively seeking the muslim perpetrators. What more do you want ?

Little-Acorn
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
American relations with Libya have sucked for decades.
No, Libya's relations with America have sucked. Planting bombs, blowing up airliners and killing U.S. citizens has that effect. And if the Libyans don't like it, maybe they should have cleaned up their act earlier.

Now "relations" have entered a new phase. And if we have any kind of spine in our State Dept. and Commander in Chief, the Libyans and Egyptians will like it even less.

The muslims in the Libyan Govt have apologized
I just heard that. If it is true, then my thanks to the Libyan government. It's a good start.

and are now actively seeking the muslim perpetrators.
Correction: They SAY that they are actively seeking the perpetrators.

What more do you want ?
As I said earlier: Arrest, prosecution, and punishment.

Then we can talk.

Assuming we can find somebody else willing to take on the Ambassador to Libya job. All things considered, that may take a while.

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Yesterday, on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks against the United States, the U.S. Embassies and consulates in both Egypt and Libya were attacked. And now comes the news that the U.S. Ambassdor to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens, was killed by the armed invaders.

This wasn't "just another American" who was killed, though that would certainly be bad enough.

Am I the only one who finds this to be a monstrous act, worse even than the armed invasion of U.S. sovereign territory (the embassies in Egypt and Libya)? (An invasion which, as I have pointed out elsewhere, is worse in turn than an armed invasion of a U.S. coastal city.)

I don't think you are the only one, there are already several threads condemning what happened and related issues. Dillo is arguing that everyone should STFU about it.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I noticed you omitted the fact that mulims apologized for the behavior of other muslims.

If they bring these muslim criminals to justice will you accept that all muslims are not radicalized?

( Radicalized Muslims would have never even apologized in the first place. )

You are bordering on bigotry. I'm not thrilled about America going down that road again. It will doom us and our Constitution.

Little-Acorn
09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
The Libyan ambassador to the U.S. has apologized for the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Libya and the killing of the Ambassador and other U.S. personnel, and says he strongly condemns the attack and murders.

I assume he is speaking as an official representative of his country's government. That's a good start.

He also says the Libyan government will pursue those responsible.

That's nice. Get back to us when you have them in custody and prosecute them. Then we can talk.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/12/libyan-ambassador-condemns-attacks-on-us-consulate-in-benghazi/

Libyan ambassador condemns attacks on US Consulate in Benghazi

Published September 12, 2012
FoxNews.com

Libyan Ambassador to the U.S. Ali Suleiman Aujali condemned the attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi and the killing of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens.

"This is a great loss for us," Aujali said in a press conference on Wednesday. "We strongly condemn this kind of attack."

Aujali vowed to provide better protection for American diplomats in Libya and said the transitional government in Libya will do everything possible to find who is responsible for the deadly attacks.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't think you are the only one, there are already several threads condemning what happened and related issues. Dillo is arguing that everyone should STFU about it.

I have never mentioned that people should STFU. If you wish to discredit me at least try to do it honestly.

glockmail
09-12-2012, 01:19 PM
1. We consider this an act of war, limited to the sovereign area that we occupy within the country of Libya.
2. Cordon off the Libyan embassy in the US (if there is one). We will oversee and control anyone or any thing in and out of their sovereign area. This will remain in effect until the remaining items are rectified in their entirety.
3. Demand that anyone possessing our property in Libya be arrested, and any US citizen there that has been killed or harmed be transported immediately to areas in US control.
4. It is imperative that we re-occupy the facilities as soon as possible to thoroughly investigate the crimes that were committed. We require full cooperation with the Libyan authorities to cordon off the perimeter while our airborne teams arrive on the rooftop and clear the building floor by floor. Anyone not authorized within the facilities will be killed or captured, at the complete discretion of our military team members.
5. Demand immediate arrest by Libyan authorities of any perpetrators who escaped the facility.
6. We will pursue legal proceedings of anyone captured by us or arrested by Libyan authorities. Since the embassy is legally US territory and the crimes were an act of war, prosecutions will be by US military court and any convictions will be meted out by the US military.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
1. We consider this an act of war, limited to the sovereign area that we occupy within the country of Libya.
2. Cordon off the Libyan embassy in the US (if there is one). We will oversee and control anyone or any thing in and out of their sovereign area. This will remain in effect until the remaining items are rectified in their entirety.
3. Demand that anyone possessing our property in Libya be arrested, and any US citizen there that has been killed or harmed be transported immediately to areas in US control.
4. It is imperative that we re-occupy the facilities as soon as possible to thoroughly investigate the crimes that were committed. We require full cooperation with the Libyan authorities to cordon off the perimeter while our airborne teams arrive on the rooftop and clear the building floor by floor. Anyone not authorized within the facilities will be killed or captured, at the complete discretion of our military team members.
5. Demand immediate arrest by Libyan authorities of any perpetrators who escaped the facility.
6. We will pursue legal proceedings of anyone captured by us or arrested by Libyan authorities. Since the embassy is legally US territory and the crimes were an act of war, prosecutions will be by US military court and any convictions will be meted out by the US military.

Sounds perfectly legal and appropriate to me.

Thunderknuckles
09-12-2012, 01:28 PM
American relations with Libya have sucked for decades. Did you expect better ? The muslims in the Libyan Govt have apologized and are now actively seeking the muslim perpetrators. What more do you want ?
Yes, I expect better. We helped and supported those now in power to overthrow Gaddafi.
I've already told you that I expect those responsible to be brought to justice. You seem to believe I want a military reprisal or something. I don't.

Here we have a chance to improve the relations between two nations historically aligned against one another but because ONE jackass on the planet, who just happens to be an American, decides to insult Mohammad, the citizens of a liberated Libya want to toss it all away.

It's really quite amazing when you think about.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, I expect better. We helped and supported those now in power to overthrow Gaddafi.
I've already told you that I expect those responsible to be brought to justice. You seem to believe I want a military reprisal or something. I don't.

Here we have a chance to improve the relations between two nations historically aligned against one another but because ONE jackass on the planet, who just happens to be an American, decides to insult Mohammad, the citizens of a liberated Libya want to toss it all away.

It's really quite amazing when you think about.

Some of the people that we helped oust Gaddafi were criminal muslims. This shouldn't come as a big shock to us. All of the citizens of Libya DO NOT want to destroy any progress that has been made.
Gross generalizations about people aren't going to cut it with Muslims anymore than they have with any other race or religion. Our own Constitution forbids it.

Kat
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM

Any invasion of U.S. territory is, as is agreed by all civilized countries, an act of war. An invasion of a U.S. Embassy is even worse - embassies are to be held inviolate, so that even the warring powers can continue diplomatic relations in hopes of stopping the war. Without intact, functioning embassies and consulates, there can be no negotiations, no terms, and no surrender - there literally would be no channels for communication, nobody to surrender to, with no possible end to the war except the complete destruction, capture, and annihilation to the last man, of one (or both) sides.

Deliberately damaging or destroying the embassy, means that those doing the destroying have descended into barbarism, having no interest in stopping the killing, no desire to negotiate, no interest in redressing grievances, EVER. And the killing of the Ambassador, is worst of all, for obvious reasons: They are systematically breaking the chain of negotiation. And only persons higher in the chain, is SecState and the President himself.

Invading an embassy and killing the Ambassador, means that the invaders aren't making war for the usual purpose a nation makes war (collecting loot and/or forcing their victim to change national policy). The invaders are simply bent on complete, unending destruction.

Not only was he (and 3 others) murdered, his body was dragged through the streets.

WARNING>>>>GRAPHIC

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/islamists-drag-dead-body-of-us-ambassador-in-the-streets/

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Not only was he (and 3 others) murdered, his body was dragged through the streets.

WARNING>>>>GRAPHIC

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/islamists-drag-dead-body-of-us-ambassador-in-the-streets/

Now, now, they were trying to get him to the hospital. Tsk! Do Obama and Hillary really think that will fly?

Kat
09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Now, now, they were trying to get him to the hospital. Tsk! Do Obama and Hillary really think that will fly?

To idiots? Yes!

Little-Acorn
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
To idiots? Yes!

Please tell me you were joking... that Obama and/or Hillary never said they were "trying to take him to a hospital" or whatever.

With most people, I'd know it was a joke immediately.

With Obama and Hillary, well....

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Please tell me you were joking... that Obama and/or Hillary never said they were "trying to take him to a hospital" or whatever.

With most people, I'd know it was a joke immediately.

With Obama and Hillary, well....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444426404577647060576633348.html

...At that point, the shooting subsided, and residents and Libyan security personnel jumped into the destroyed diplomatic compound and attempted to pull the consular staff to safety. Libyans carried Ambassador Stevens' unconscious body from the consulate and drove him to Benghazi Central Hospital, according to Libyans and U.S. officials...

So yes, according to the reports, those pics displaying the corpse, were 'Libyan security personnel'. Of course, the pics snapped and put online, make it very clear he wasn't unconscious, but dead and being defiled.

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2012/09/libya_u_s_embassy_attack_hillary_clinton_was_eloqu ent_regarding_ambassador_stevens_mitt_romney_smirk ed_.single.html

...First, diplomacy still matters, perhaps above all else. Hillary Clinton reported this morning, in her most eloquent news conference as secretary of state (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81108.html), that Libyan citizens and security forces had tried to fight off the small mob of militants who set fire to the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and that, afterward, they’d sheltered many survivors and carried the ambassador, J. Christopher Stevens, to a nearby hospital. They did this, in good part, because they knew Stevens. A year ago, as the U.S. emissary, he had helped the rebels—who now form Libya’s fledgling democratic government—in their fight to overthrow Muammar Qaddafi. Ever since, he’d been greeted as a friend in his travels around the country....

There's nothing 'respectful' in any photos I've seen. It's also obvious in all that 'he's' a corpse and no question of life.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 05:06 PM
They don't have million dollar ambulances there and the fact that you are looking at a picture and not actually there aren't big factors in your favor. You may wish to go on record as not believing the story but I will reserse judgement. I've seen them haul their own injured around in what I would call a very unprofessional method of transferring the injured.

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 05:08 PM
They don't have million dollar ambulances there and the fact that you are looking at a picture and not actually there aren't big factors in your favor. You may wish to go on record as not believing the story but I will reserse judgement. I've seen them haul their own injured around in what I would call a very unprofessional method of transferring the injured.

You've never 'reserved judgment,' and you aren't presently.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 05:29 PM
You've never 'reserved judgment,' and you aren't presently.

As to whether the ambassador's body was drug through the streets an an attempt to disrespect him ? I certainly am. I have read different accounts and have seen nothing convincing enough to make a decision as to who is telling the truth.
Ever see an injured Palestinian hauled off for medical attention on TV or the net? It ain't what I would call respectful. They throw em like a log into the nearest vehicle and they haul ass.

Voted4Reagan
09-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Expel the Egyptian and Libyan Delegations from the United States until the Matter is resolved and an apology to the United States is issued.

Demand that those responsible be handed over to the United States for criminal prosecution

Those are a good place to start....

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Expel the Egyptian and Libyan Delegations from the United States until the Matter is resolved and an apology to the United States is issued.

Demand that those responsible be handed over to the United States for criminal prosecution

Those are a good place to start....

Sounds like a sane and legal idea to me.

Voted4Reagan
09-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Sounds like a sane and legal idea to me.

Those are the first step to severing Diplomatic relations and Delaring war.... glad you find them sane and Legal..

you really dont have a clue....do you?

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Those are the first step to severing Diplomatic relations and Delaring war.... glad you find them sane and Legal..

you really dont have a clue....do you?

Au contraire---I'm way ahead of ya

NightTrain
09-12-2012, 08:01 PM
This is the video the Islamists used as an excuse to raid and kill our Ambassador and 3 other Americans at the Libyan embassy and attack the Egyptian embassy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmodVun16Q4&feature=player_embedded

NightTrain
09-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Those muslims sure are peace loving.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Those muslims sure are peace loving.

No they aren't. They are insane fantatics.

gabosaurus
09-12-2012, 08:24 PM

Round up every Muslim in the Western world and execute them, obviously. That is how crazy, radical people normally respond to acts by other crazy, radical people.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Round up every Muslim in the Western world and execute them, obviously. That is how crazy, radical people normally respond to acts by other crazy, radical people.

I know----they're just seconds away from it. :laugh:

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 08:31 PM

If such nonsense were going to happen, would have been before now. You know that. C'mon, do you really want to get down with Dillo?

gabosaurus
09-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Only if Dillo brings the cowbell. You know those Texas people are experts at getting down and getting funky.

Little-Acorn
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Round up every Muslim in the Western world and execute them, obviously.

That is how crazy, radical people normally respond to acts by other crazy, radical people.

It's probably unnecessary to point out to (most) people....

....that the only one to respond this way, was little gabby.

Her description was finally accurate. For a change.

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Only if Dillo brings the cowbell. You know those Texas people are experts at getting down and getting funky.

I wouldn't trust him with a cowbell.

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 08:36 PM

facetiously. Whoops!

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Sorry Gabs but no cowbell tonight. I'm trying to be patriotic and figure out how we are going to save America from Islam. Got any ideas ?

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM

Her description was finally accurate. For a change.

Do you realize who she was speaking of ? :laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Sorry Gabs but no cowbell tonight. I'm trying to be patriotic and figure out how we are going to save America from Islam. Got any ideas ?

I have a perfect plan. We just have to smuggle them in.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y2JFdHRaGx4/Tc__6bEgF6I/AAAAAAAAAE8/teYHy-FO0u4/s1600/justin-britney-spears-disco.jpg

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 08:43 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y2JFdHRaGx4/Tc__6bEgF6I/AAAAAAAAAE8/teYHy-FO0u4/s1600/justin-britney-spears-disco.jpg

Into where? Egypt ?

gabosaurus
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Anywhere that evil Muslims exist. We corrupt the minds of their youth. Offer them tickets to Justin Bieber in exchange for car bombs they might have laying around.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Anywhere that evil Muslims exist. We corrupt the minds of their youth. Offer them tickets to Justin Bieber in exchange for car bombs they might have laying around.

good idea--take up a collection and I'll handle the cash.

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 09:04 PM

"There are reports out there that I cannot confirm that he was brought to the hospital by Libyans who found him," the official said. "Obviously, he had to get there somehow. No Americans were responsible for that."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/u-ambassador-killed-chaotic-hours-long-siege-010110033--election.html

So far it seems to be holding up.

Kathianne
09-12-2012, 09:26 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/u-ambassador-killed-chaotic-hours-long-siege-010110033--election.html

So far it seems to be holding up.

Sure enough, if one is willing to ignore the pictures of the corpse. Obviously, you are willing.

..."At some point in all of this—and frankly, we do not know when—we believe that Ambassador Stevens got out of the building and was taken to a hospital in Benghazi. We do not have any information what his condition was at that time. His body was later returned to U.S. personnel at the Benghazi airport," an official said. "I think it was already dawn in Libya."

"There are reports out there that I cannot confirm that he was brought to the hospital by Libyans who found him," the official said. "Obviously, he had to get there somehow. No Americans were responsible for that."

"We were not able to see him until his body was returned to us at the airport," an official said when asked to confirm whether Stevens died from smoke inhalation. "You can imagine that we will not be able to say anything about the cause of death until we've had a chance to perform an autopsy."

American authorities brought in a chartered aircraft from Tripoli to Benghazi to evacuate all of the Americans to Tripoli. From there, they were evacuated to Germany....

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Sure enough, if one is willing to ignore the pictures of the corpse. Obviously, you are willing.

no --I'm not---Just saying that the reports that Libyans were taking him to the hospital appear to ring true so far.

jafar00
09-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Nah, the cowbell idea is better.
http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/Cowbell3.gif

SassyLady
09-13-2012, 08:58 PM
As to whether the ambassador's body was drug through the streets an an attempt to disrespect him ? I certainly am. I have read different accounts and have seen nothing convincing enough to make a decision as to who is telling the truth.
Ever see an injured Palestinian hauled off for medical attention on TV or the net? It ain't what I would call respectful. They throw em like a log into the nearest vehicle and they haul ass.

And yet they took the time to take photos and post them for the entire world to see ... how respectful is that, Dillo?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-13-2012, 09:14 PM
no --I'm not---Just saying that the reports that Libyans were taking him to the hospital appear to ring true so far.

Taking him to the hospital before or after they sodomised him. Its been verified that they sodomised him before murdering him.
Im sure you may want pictures of that too and they likely have them but havent released them yet. The bastards are saving those pics for their next all male camel humping party for inspiration. Yet you try everyway possible to defend these murdering bastards.-Tyr

gabosaurus
09-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Taking him to the hospital before or after they sodomised him. Its been verified that they sodomised him before murdering him.
Im sure you may want pictures of that too and they likely have them but havent released them yet. The bastards are saving those pics for their next all male camel humping party for inspiration. Yet you try everyway possible to defend these murdering bastards.-Tyr

"Verified" where? Please produce proof.
And it is quite sad how you sodomize the English language.

logroller
09-14-2012, 02:45 AM

To which pictures are you referring, because I don't see evidence of a defiled corpse in the previous pics in this thread nor any on the net.

Just for comparison...

us-AMBASSADor-LIBYA-e1347455467920.jpg (http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/us-AMBASSADor-LIBYA-e1347455467920.jpg)

gaddafi_dead_death_photo_10_21_11.jpg (http://www.globalpost.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_small_article/gaddafi_dead_death_photo_10_21_11.jpg)

The latter shows clear signs of trauma and mutilation.

The only thing I see of the Ambassador is smoke burns around his mouth, which is consistent with smoke inhalation. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/771194-clinical#a0217

Unless you can determine his breathing and heart rate from a still picture, I don't think its altogether reasonable to assume that he was dead--given the extent of the burns, odds of survival are slim in my not so expert opinion-- but it is entirely possible he was merely unconscious.

Whether one should have taken pictures is debatably respectful, but documenting such an event is not outside reason. It certainly wasn't obscene or grotesque IMHO. I'm sure many others would do the same in similar circumstances-- check out youtube...unless you find such things objectionable of course-- wouldn't want you scaling the walls of their silicon valley HQ and shooting rpgs into the CEO's car.;)

jafar00
09-14-2012, 04:24 AM

Didn't you say the same about Qadhafi? What's with the anal fixation?

"Verified" where? Please produce proof.
And it is quite sad how you sodomize the English language.

Sodomise is the correct Queen's English and is the only part that I agree with from what Tyr wrote :p

Little-Acorn
05-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Let's not forget what the real import of these attacks on our consulate, and the murder of our diplomts, is.

aboutime
05-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Didn't you say the same about Qadhafi? What's with the anal fixation?

Sodomise is the correct Queen's English and is the only part that I agree with from what Tyr wrote :p

JAFAR. Of course. None of us here find it strange, or odd that YOU would be the one with the ANAL fixation idea.

But then. For me. Just seeing, or mentioning your name is enough for anyone to have anal feelings for you.
You are the sole reason anyone would need Preparation-H.