PDA

View Full Version : Bush ignored implicit warnings of 9-11 attack

gabosaurus
09-12-2012, 09:07 PM
This is nothing new. I have posted it here before. How GW Bush was lost in his own world and ignored repeated warnings that bin Laden was about to attack the U.S.
Or perhaps Dubya ignored them for a reason. He did have an agenda to push forth. But the truth is he screwed up. And America paid the price.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html

Dilloduck
09-12-2012, 09:17 PM
This is nothing new. I have posted it here before. How GW Bush was lost in his own world and ignored repeated warnings that bin Laden was about to attack the U.S.
Or perhaps Dubya ignored them for a reason. He did have an agenda to push forth. But the truth is he screwed up. And America paid the price.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html

Implicit maybe but not nearly enough to defend against it.

krisy
09-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Funny,I thought it came out at some point that most of it was planned during the Clinton regime,who "also" ignored it.

Anton Chigurh
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
The NYC Port Authority and the NYD ignored warnings of the exact style of attack - planes flying into the towers, since 1993 which came from a guy who even simulated it in a flight simulator.

So what?

09-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I seriously doubt anyone actually believed anyone would fly a plane into a building on purpose.

However, from what I've heard, Obama should have been aware of what was happening in yesterdays attacks days before it happened. He hasnt been attending his Intelligence briefings this week.

krisy
09-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I seriously doubt anyone actually believed anyone would fly a plane into a building on purpose.

However, from what I've heard, Obama should have been aware of what was happening in yesterdays attacks days before it happened. He hasnt been attending his Intelligence briefings this week.

That is NOT good. I heard this on the news today and couldn't believe my ears.

Little-Acorn
09-13-2012, 12:30 AM
What a timely thread, coming just a day or two after Barack Obama ignored intelligence of a coming attack against our embassies in the Middle East.

At least one newspaper had, and published, infformation about the groups that were planning the attacks.

Obama, who has not bothered to attend any of his official Daily Intelligence Briefings for at least the last weeks, either had no clue abut what his staff knew, or deliberately chose to ignore them.

I'm glad to hear the liberals are so incensed over Presidents ignoring intelligence about foreign terrorist attacks on U.S. assets. What part of these terrorist attacks on our embassies and the killing of our ambassadors, should we discuss first?

----------------------------------------

http://www.onenewspage.us/n/US/74rfhi1wo/Report-Egyptian-Intelligence-Warned-of-Embassy-Attacks-as.htm

Report: Egyptian Intelligence Warned of Embassy Attacks as Early as Sept 4

Thursday, 13 September 2012 (44 minutes ago)

Israeli sources have revealed that Egypt's General Intelligence warned jihadists were planning attacks on U.S. and Israeli embassies as early as a week before they occurred on the anniversary of Al Qaeda's 9/11 terror attacks.

The report indicated that the group behind the attacks was Global Jihad. This group is now supsected in the deaths of 16 Egyptian border guards in Sinai -- deaths for which some Egyptian officials originally blamed Israel.

A letter from Egyptian intelligence warning of pending attacks was circulated to all Egyptian security posts on September 4th.

U.S. President Barack Obama has not attended a daily intelligence briefing since September 5th.

jafar00
09-13-2012, 01:33 AM
The NYC Port Authority and the NYD ignored warnings of the exact style of attack - planes flying into the towers, since 1993 which came from a guy who even simulated it in a flight simulator.

So what?

I tried it in MS flight sim myself. I missed twice before I managed to hit the towers. Those pilots must have been good.

SassyLady
09-13-2012, 01:34 AM

And, your point is ...........??????????

Is this your way of defending your man's ignorance of possible attacks on the embassies? "Nanner, nanner, nanner .... Bush did it, so why are you guys all up in arms about Obama ignoring intelligence briefings".

In case you haven't been listening Gabby, people don't give a crap what Bush did or did not do .... we are dealing with THIS president and his total ineptitude.

Oh, and I do believe that when people referred to "Well, Clinton did XYZ" you were one of the first to tell us to quit blaming Clinton. So, you need to quit blaming Bush for everything that is wrong in America. Follow your own advice.

logroller
09-13-2012, 05:08 AM
I tried it in MS flight sim myself. I missed twice before I managed to hit the towers. Those pilots must have been good.
They were trained in the usa. Beyond training though, When one refrains from considering the collateral consequences of one's actions, amazing feats can be achieved. But that doesn't make them 'good'! No matter how empathetic you may be to their plight, the effect of those actions have brought no goodness to the world; but rather, more death and suffering.

aboutime
09-13-2012, 01:32 PM
How comical can some members get here?

This same old conspiracy theory crap being resurrected again by the same conspiracy theory liars, and wannabe 15 minute fame seekers is just Hilarious.

Call me anything you want. A Troll, or whatever else your simple minds can dredge up, but the truth is. ALL OF YOU WHO STILL BELIEVE THIS CRAP...ARE IDIOTS.

gabosaurus
09-13-2012, 01:37 PM
You don't think the anniversary of the 9-11 attacks is a good time to discuss the 9-11 attacks?

It is also interesting to note that many AQ leaders learned their trade as part of the Afghan rebels fighting against the Russians. The CIA taught them about terrorist tactics, including how to fly planes into buildings. Your tax dollars at work, courtesy of the Reagan administration.

aboutime
09-13-2012, 01:41 PM
You don't think the anniversary of the 9-11 attacks is a good time to discuss the 9-11 attacks?

It is also interesting to note that many AQ leaders learned their trade as part of the Afghan rebels fighting against the Russians. The CIA taught them about terrorist tactics, including how to fly planes into buildings. Your tax dollars at work, courtesy of the Reagan administration.

If only you had a serious bone in your body to speak from gabby. You know damn well. This thread isn't related to the anniversary of the 9-11 attacks since it has been side-tracked about Bush.
But then. Forget it.

Just remember what I told all of you in my previous post about ALL OF YOU BEING IDIOTS.

That about covers everything you, and others really intended to say here.

glockmail
09-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Tom Clancy wrote a novel about that exact thing at least a decade prior to 9/11. The attack was on the Capital building during a presidential address, and it killed the President, most of the House, Senate, and Supremes. I forget the name of the book, but as I recall it was a best seller.

The political character that survived the incident was Jack Ryan, who had only recently been made Veep after a scandal involving the elected Veep. He rescues the country from financial collapse...

Interesting how fiction foreshadows specific elements of reality.

aboutime
09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Tom Clancy wrote a novel about that exact thing at least a decade prior to 9/11. The attack was on the Capital building during a presidential address, and it killed the President, most of the House, Senate, and Supremes. I forget the name of the book, but as I recall it was a best seller.

The political character that survived the incident was Jack Ryan, who had only recently been made Veep after a scandal involving the elected Veep. He rescues the country from financial collapse...

Clancy is a great author. I read "Red Storm Rising" twice in the 80's. The book I think you are talking about had the word REMORSE in the title (I think). Gotta check it out.
But back to the subject. We will always have those who are unwilling to accept REALITY. Even if it affects them personally in some way. Almost like they live their life thinking "I can't believe that happened"...right after the doctor tells them how they lost their finger while cutting wood with a power saw.
We have a large number of people who still are convinced JFK was assassinated by the CIA, and others who will never believe Neil Armstrong walked on the moon...that wasn't a hollywood set.

P.S. The book title was WITHOUT REMORSE. Is that the one you were talking about?

glockmail
09-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Nope. Debt of Honor, copyright 1994. It ends with Jack being sworn in, and in the sequel he saves the country from financial collapse.

gabosaurus
09-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I've never been partial to reading fiction. I prefer reading non-fiction.

I don't buy into the majority of "conspiracy theories." The Sept. 11 attacks have bred a ton of them because there was so little information released, and how it was released.
When I was at Cal, I went to a couple of meetings involving conspiracy theorists from beyond the fringe. My favorite was the one where Bush flew robot-controlled planes into the WTC towers. Another had bin Laden somehow blackmailing Bush to allow the attacks to happen.

aboutime
09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Nope. Debt of Honor, copyright 1994. It ends with Jack being sworn in, and in the sequel he saves the country from financial collapse.

Oh, of course. Haven't read it to be honest with you. He's done so many, really good works.

I enjoyed Red Storm Rising most. Because. Oddly enough. He described...VERBATIM the exact building where I worked in the COMM center. The Headquarters where the Marines, and Navy shared everything near the Armed Forces Staff College in Norfolk.
Clancy makes everything so real. Many wonder how, and where he gets his NEAR PERFECT information.

Anton Chigurh
09-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I tried it in MS flight sim myself. I missed twice before I managed to hit the towers. Those pilots must have been good.It just means either you suck, or they had a whole lot more training and practice, or both.

DragonStryk72
09-13-2012, 05:39 PM

Not a response to anyone who has posted to this thread.

Voted4Reagan
09-13-2012, 06:09 PM

Clinton refused to take Osama Bin Laden into custody 3 times while he was president... He was offered to us 3 times by Foreign Governments!!

You want to keep playing the BLAME GAME GABBY? Show me where in any of the threat assesment reports that a specific Target was mentioned..... please... go right ahead and tell us what the specific targets mentioned were..

ANSWER = no specific target was mentioned

Gabosauras Fail yet again.....

And Blaming BUSH for 9-11.... wow... you must really hate this country....Go sit with the Iranians in NYC for the UN Session... you'll find a sympathetic ear with them...

What an ass you really are Gabby... 19 Arab Hijackers were to blame...

glockmail
09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Dripping with irony:

I've never been partial to reading fiction. I prefer reading non-fiction.

I don't buy into the majority of "conspiracy theories." The Sept. 11 attacks have bred a ton of them because there was so little information released, and how it was released.
When I was at Cal, I went to a couple of meetings involving conspiracy theorists from beyond the fringe. My favorite was the one where Bush flew robot-controlled planes into the WTC towers. Another had bin Laden somehow blackmailing Bush to allow the attacks to happen.

SassyLady
09-13-2012, 08:31 PM

Off topic ... but did you hear that Obama called Paul Ryan .... Jack? Perhaps he thinks he's living in one of Clancy's thrillers.

jafar00
09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
It just means either you suck, or they had a whole lot more training and practice, or both.

I was a Senior Captain and Hub manager for a virtual airline. I had plenty of simulator practice :p

glockmail
09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Off topic ... but did you hear that Obama called Paul Ryan .... Jack? Perhaps he thinks he's living in one of Clancy's thrillers.Really? LOL I'd like to hear the clip. And I'm surprised that The Obama ever read Clancy.