PDA

View Full Version : Grillin' Veggies

glockmail
09-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I've been using this pan for nearly a year now and it works fabulous: https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/storeimages/%7B8F5B559C-C655-44DA-A1BC-13A1CA072EA1%7D_L8SGP3.jpg

Apply a few tablespoons of oil on the bottom and brush in, them mound on your cut-up veggies. Make them big enough so they stay on the upper surface of the ribs. I use a 1/3 cup of water to add steam and them put the pan on the grill, highest heat with the cover down. Season over the veggies, and turn once while cooking, about 6-10 minutes depending on what you are cooking.

Since the veggies aren't sitting in oil its a lot healthier than frying. Clean up is a snap just a let the pan cool, add a cup of hot soapy water and scrub with a paper towel then rinse immediately with hot water and air dry.

Binky
10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
When I cook veggie on the grill, I season them with italian dressing and a touch of garlic and pepper. And then wrap them up in tin foil and cook for 15-20 min. The steam from them being wrapped keeps them moist and full of flavor. Yummm.......