PDA

View Full Version : Blame Is Probably At The State Department

Kathianne
09-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Freakin' unbelievable:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/13/why-werent-marines-guarding-u-s-ambassador-to-libya-chris-stevens

The consulate where the American ambassador to Libya was killed on Tuesday is an “interim facility” not protected by the contingent of Marines that safeguards embassies, POLITICO has learned.

… Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Kendra Motz said that Marines were not posted to the consulate, unlike the embassy in the capital, Tripoli. …

David Frum asks the obvious question: (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/13/why-did-ambassador-stevens-die.html) “The war in Libya ended in October 2011, almost a year ago. Why isn’t that enough time to fortify a US compound? And why no Marines?”

… But it gets worse. As Time (http://nation.time.com/2012/09/13/whats-worse-no-marines-or-possibly-unarmed-marines/) reports,

There’s a disquieting report (http://www.kforcegov.com/Services/IS/NightWatch/NightWatch_12000175.aspx) in Thursday morning’s NightWatch blog that claims the Marines 700 miles away in Cairo were barred from carrying live ammunition as the U.S. Embassy in Egypt came under attack.”

This is obviously unacceptable and shameful. At a bare minimum, America simply must be able to defend sovereign U.S. soil — and the lives of our diplomats.

jafar00
09-13-2012, 09:49 PM
If a US marine were to kill an Egyptian protester, there would be hell to pay. It is the right decision. The local forces have been defending the embassy.

SassyLady
09-13-2012, 10:41 PM
If a US marine were to kill an Egyptian protester, there would be hell to pay. It is the right decision. The local forces have been defending the embassy.

Since when are our Marines not allowed to carry ammunition? What a farce....why bother having them on the premises without ammunition?

SassyLady
09-13-2012, 11:17 PM
These people will never change. The guy that said this is not one of the so called "extremist" Muslims....but the commander of the police force that was supposed to be protecting the perimeter. Tell me Jafar, is this also your belief?

According to security sources the consulate had been given a "health check" in preparation for any violence connected to the 9/11 anniversary. In the event, the perimeter was breached within 15 minutes of an angry crowd starting to attack it at around 10pm on Tuesday night. There was, according to witnesses, little defence put up by the 30 or more local guards meant to protect the staff. Ali Fetori, a 59-year-old accountant who lives near by, said: "The security people just all ran away and the people in charge were the young men with guns and bombs."

Wissam Buhmeid, the commander of the Tripoli government-sanctioned Libya's Shield Brigade, effectively a police force for Benghazi, maintained that it was anger over the Mohamed video which made the guards abandon their post. "There were definitely people from the security forces who let the attack happen because they were themselves offended by the film; they would absolutely put their loyalty to the Prophet over the consulate. The deaths are all nothing compared to insulting the Prophet."

more ..... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

gabosaurus
09-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Local forces protect all foreign embassies. There are rarely enough U.S. forces available to fend off a concentrated attack.

logroller
09-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Yea well, the local forces FAILED. Thankfully no one was seriously injured in Egypt, but it doesnt mean the embassy is deserving of criminal reprisals.

Kathianne
09-14-2012, 06:01 AM
These people will never change. The guy that said this is not one of the so called "extremist" Muslims....but the commander of the police force that was supposed to be protecting the perimeter. Tell me Jafar, is this also your belief?

more ..... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

The article had more damning information than just that:

...The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the "safe house" in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed "safe".

Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

Mr Stevens had been on a visit to Germany, Austria and Sweden and had just returned to Libya when the Benghazi trip took place with the US embassy's security staff deciding that the trip could be undertaken safely.

Eight Americans, some from the military, were wounded in the attack which claimed the lives of Mr Stevens, Sean Smith, an information officer, and two US Marines. All staff from Benghazi have now been moved to the capital, Tripoli, and those whose work is deemed to be non-essential may be flown out of Libya...

taft2012
09-14-2012, 06:09 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

Wissam Buhmeid, the commander of the Tripoli government-sanctioned Libya's Shield Brigade, effectively a police force for Benghazi, maintained that it was anger over the Mohamed video which made the guards abandon their post. "There were definitely people from the security forces who let the attack happen because they were themselves offended by the film; they would absolutely put their loyalty to the Prophet over the consulate. The deaths are all nothing compared to insulting the Prophet."

Is this the kind of "security" you want Americans to place their lives in the hands of?

You already know all of this crap first-hand anyway. Blood-thirsty head-lopping pagan savages.

jafar00
09-14-2012, 07:12 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

Is this the kind of "security" you want Americans to place their lives in the hands of?

You already know all of this crap first-hand anyway. Blood-thirsty head-lopping pagan savages.

Well, Libya is still a bit of a mess after they had a revolution and civil war. The govt doesn't have full control yet. I've been to Tripoli a few times in the last few years, but you sure as hell wouldn't be able to convince me to go back there now. I even refused to buy a ticket to Cairo so my wife could visit her family until the new President was well in place.

Voted4Reagan
09-14-2012, 07:25 AM

You mean an Egyptian Criminal that invaded Sovereign US SOIL for the purpose of Destroying Property, Taking people Hostage and possibly even Murder?

Once they cross the wall they leave Egypt and Enter the United States...

They can be shot for that and there isnt anything Egypt could do about it... Except expel the Embassy Staff...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/09/muslim-rioting-violence-in-israel-gaza-libya-egypt-yemen-sudan-tunisia-morocco-iraq-iran-and-kashmir.html

Protests continue

Since Tuesday's deadly assault in Libya -- and a protest the same day at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo -- demonstrations, both small and large, have been reported in Israel, Gaza, Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco, Iraq, Iran and among Muslims in the Indian-controlled region of Kashmir. Security has been heightened at U.S. diplomatic missions worldwide.

While some protesters say they have not seen any of the online film, they were incensed by reports of its depiction of the Prophet Mohammed. American tourists cautious, but undeterred

One of the largest protests Thursday took place outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo. One photo from Cairo shows a chalk drawing on the ground of a Jewish star with the words in Arabic, "Remember your black day 11 September." Demonstrators threw rocks and Molotov cocktails as police tried to disperse them by firing tear gas canisters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PEOPLE ARE SHOCKED THAT MURDERING SAVAGES MURDER!! That Islam murders to protect itself from any perceived slight not matter how big or small. That murder is a part of Islam?
Yes, we in the West are shocked and you know why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????/
The spoonfed propaganda that Islam is a Religion of Peace.
PERHAPS THE GREATEST LIE/FRAUD EVER HEAPED UPON MANKIND AND IT WAS DOWN SO WELL THAT IT STUCK.
Stuck so well that with over 19,000 murdering attacks in the last few decades still Islam has its infidel appeasors and just plain ole ignorant defenders screaming bogit, liar and hater at anybody that dares present the thruth about Islam.
To those people I say this little jewel gathered from a great friend of mine and an honorable Marine veteran now deceased..........More should adopt this attitude about muslim murderers..
FFKK 'EM FEED 'EM FISHHEADS!

glockmail
09-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I was wondering when The Obama would throw Hillary under the bus.

Abbey Marie
09-14-2012, 01:21 PM
I was wondering when The Obama would throw Hillary under the bus.

Love your take!

glockmail
09-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Love your take! After I wrote that I was reading The Reagan Coalition and now they're saying nearly the same thing.

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120913005-state-dept-hillary.html

gabosaurus
09-14-2012, 01:54 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wm4Bw85PGqU/SRLUEU6cgtI/AAAAAAAAAWg/w1uMK70jo2A/s320/blame.jpg

glockmail
09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Oblama never takes responsibility for anything. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-14-2012, 02:02 PM
When was the last time any politician running for political office took any responsibility for anything?

Mr. P
09-14-2012, 02:58 PM
When was the last time any politician running for political office took any responsibility for anything?

Oh, I donno....... Maybe if an event can be twisted to appear "YOU" did it ALL by yourself...for political gain, maybe.

Here's one from a yr and a half ago and yes, he has been campaigning for the last 4 yrs.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JsrSAqRrCc0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

red states rule
09-14-2012, 03:46 PM

That is how the terrorists like their victims - helpless and unarmed

red states rule
09-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Since when are our Marines not allowed to carry ammunition? What a farce....why bother having them on the premises without ammunition?

Why would they need live ammo? Obama has issued so many apologies they thought noone would want to attack US interests anymore

aboutime
09-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Why would they need live ammo? Obama has issued so many apologies they thought noone would want to attack US interests anymore

Just like Obama ordered that ALL GUARDS...namely the Marines at the White House, should not have ammo to prevent someone he abuses, and pretends to like, and love...from trying their Marksmanship talents near him.

Obama has to blame the State Department, and Hillary for all of this. Like so many people know from the past, and how it appears to the rest of us.

This is one of those cases where SH#T FLOWS DOWN HILL, starting in the OVAL ORIFICE, and draining downward, past Michelle...secretly ENJOYING Big Macs, and DOMINOS PIZZA when the press isn't around.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2012, 06:40 PM

A MARINE SENT WITH AN UNLOADED GUN TO FIGHT PEOPLE WITH LOADED WEAPONS IS SHEER LUNACY AND THE ABOLUTE HEIGHT OF INSANITY.
Kill them , kill them when they are attempting ---MURDER!!!!!
An embassy is a nation's sovereign soil and we've been attacked on ours several locations , what has bamboy the ffing traitor done about it other than blame a film maker and issue an apology for our having freedom of speech. -Tyr

Dilloduck
09-14-2012, 06:42 PM
A MARINE SENT WITH AN UNLOADED GUN TO FIGHT PEOPLE WITH LOADED WEAPONS IS SHEER LUNACY AND THE ABOLUTE HEIGHT OF INSANITY.
Kill them , kill them when they are attempting ---MURDER!!!!!-Tyr

That would be something to bitch about if it was Obama's call.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2012, 06:44 PM

It is genius, he is the CIC!!!! Good grief man, he controls the state department too.

Dilloduck
09-14-2012, 06:46 PM
It is genius, he is the CIC!!!! Good grief man, he controls the state department too.

Bullshit---they delegate

aboutime
09-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Kill them , kill them when they are attempting ---MURDER!!!!!-Tyr

Tyr. Sadly. I didn't make that up about Obama ordering the removal of all LIVE AMMO from them.

This Idiot our Democrat, fellow Americans demand that we address as Mister, or show him Respect as our President. Deserves neither to be addressed...as Mister, or as President.

He has never earned my respect. Though I will always respect the Office of President. I refuse to show someone like him, who has not earned any form of Respect, any more than he has shown to me.
And. I am still waiting for that to happen.

Our Marine Corps...made of Honorable, Faithful, Unselfish Americans have been asked to DEFEND this nation with KISSES called HOPE and they are expected to CHANGE the deadly direction of bullets with HUGS.

SassyLady
09-14-2012, 07:10 PM

So, Dillo, who are you waiting on to make that call? And, can you elaborate why you think that person has not spoke up yet?

Dilloduck
09-14-2012, 07:13 PM
So, Dillo, who are you waiting on to make that call? And, can you elaborate why you think that person has not spoke up yet?

I believe that Kathianne has already posted that is up to the ambassador at each embassy to make that call. In this case I think it was Anne Patterson ?

taft2012
09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
"The buck stops.... over there someplace."

jafar00
09-14-2012, 08:31 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wm4Bw85PGqU/SRLUEU6cgtI/AAAAAAAAAWg/w1uMK70jo2A/s320/blame.jpg

Is that little Johnny Howard on the left? :)

Kathianne
09-14-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd read that the ambassador calls for live ammo or not. It seems that was mistaken, at least at the present time:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/09/the-marine-corps-involvement-in-egypt-and-libya.php

<!--GooglePanel begin panel-id-0.0--> Posted on September 13, 2012 by Paul Mirengoff (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/author/paul) in Egypt (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/category/egypt), Libya
(http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/category/libya)

<!--GooglePanel end panel-id-0.0--> The Marine Corps involvement in Egypt and Libya The Marine Corps has issued a statement regarding its involvement in the recent actions in Egypt and Libya. In Egypt, the Corps says that, contrary to the report I wrote about (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/09/marines-guarding-u-s-embassy-in-egypt-werent-allowed-live-ammo.php) earlier today, the U.S. Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group detachment. The Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The specific Rules of Engagement under which the Marines operated are classified.
In Libya, the Corps says that no Marines are stationed at the Embassy in Tripoli or the Consulate in Benghazi. Security in Libya, such as it existed, apparently was provided by contractors. The Rules of Engagement under which they operated are unclear.
Decisions regarding whether to have Marines at particular U.S. embassies and consulates fall to the State Department, according to the Marine Corps statement. In the case of Tripoli, the Corps says there were discussions with the State Department about establishing a detachment at the embasssy in Tripoli, a new embassy, some time in the next five years. That may seem like a long time, but for bureaucrats it is often considered ASAP.
The security contingent in Egypt proved to be adequate on the day. According to the Marine Corps, only six of the 2,000 protesters entered the embassy grounds compound, and they were all seized and turned over to local authorities (for better or for worse).
Libya, of course, is another matter. Perhaps the State Department will follow the example of the Marines and issue a statement explaining those security arrangements and their breakdown.

SassyLady
09-15-2012, 12:21 AM
I believe that Kathianne has already posted that is up to the ambassador at each embassy to make that call. In this case I think it was Anne Patterson ?

My ex was the CSM when a few (of the 3,000 that reported to him and those in higher rank) folks did some unethical stuff. He was unaware of the situation, however, he received a reprimand from TAG. He had to present evidence in a very formal hearing (not court martial) that he was kept out of the loop. After listening to all the information presented, my ex was told "you shared in the achievements of your troops and you'll share in the punishment". In other words, when you are in a position of authority the buck stops with you, whether you are aware of it or not.

So, whether Anne Patterson made the call or not, Obama is the CIC and needs to step up and admit whether he thinks her call was right or wrong, and what he intends to do about it.

Kathianne
09-15-2012, 12:25 AM
My ex was the CSM when a few (of the 3,000 that reported to him and those in higher rank) folks did some unethical stuff. He was unaware of the situation, however, he received a reprimand from TAG. He had to present evidence in a very formal hearing (not court martial) that he was kept out of the loop. After listening to all the information presented, my ex was told "you shared in the achievements of your troops and you'll share in the punishment". In other words, when you are in a position of authority the buck stops with you, whether you are aware of it or not.

So, whether Anne Patterson made the call or not, Obama is the CIC and needs to step up and admit whether he thinks her call was right or wrong, and what he intends to do about it.

I agree with that.

logroller
09-15-2012, 01:01 AM

Well said sassy. It should apply to operation fast and furious as well, no? And I really don't like the whole 'buck stops' analogy...not that its not true, but too true. All the bucks seem to go that direction. Im in hopes Romney already has enough bucks and lets us keep ours.

glockmail
09-15-2012, 07:51 AM
When was the last time any politician running for political office took any responsibility for anything?Reagan.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-15-2012, 08:09 AM
"The buck stops.... over there someplace."

Usually it stops somewhere out there on a golf course or vacation spot overseas!
Only the bill is delivered back to us(taxpayers) to pay..-Tyr

red states rule
09-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Usually it stops somewhere out there on a golf course or vacation spot overseas!
Only the bill is delivered back to us(taxpayers) to pay..-Tyr

With Obama the buck never got there

and if did the buck was either taxed and sent to the IRS or spent of some "stimulus" plan

red states rule
09-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Reagan.

I cannot remember Reagan ever blaming Carter for anything despite the REAL mess he cleaned up that Carter left behind

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-15-2012, 08:23 AM

Our embassy is considered our sovereign soil. Somebody breaks into my house to seize and kill me I will kill them then worry LATER about any consequences while still breathing . The Marines are forced to carry their guns with no ammo because their training and reaction in such dire life threatening circumstances would kick in and they'd kill every damn ffing vermin trying to attack them and that which they are charged with protecting. Any of our Marines equipped with a LOADED gun is more than equal to a hundred of those asswipes fueled with insane hatred. My best friend ever was a Marine veteran of the Korean war. I'd put him up against any man alive in a fight. My best friend now is a Marine veteran of the Vietnam War.We have the best military in the world, only one close to us is the Israeli military. Nobody has seen us fight all out since WW2. IF WE HAVE TO AGAIN , IT'LL SHOCK AND AMAZE THE DAMN WORLD! -Tyr

red states rule
09-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Our embassy is considered our sovereign soil. Somebody breaks into my house to seize and kill me I will kill them then worry LATER about any consequences while still breathing . The Marines are forced to carry their guns with no ammo because their training and reaction in such dire life threatening circumstances would kick in and they'd kill every damn ffing vermin trying to attack them and that which they are charged with protecting. Any of our Marines equipped with a LOADED gun is more than equal to a hundred of those asswipes fueled with insane hatred. My best friend ever was a Marine veteran of the Korean war. I'd put him up against any man alive in a fight. My best friend now is a Marine veteran of the Vietnam War.We have the best military in the world, only one close to us is the Israeli military. Nobody has seen us fight all out since WW2. IF WE HAVE TO AGAIN , IT'LL SHOCK AND AMAZE THE DAMN WORLD! -Tyr

It is amazing how we are told not to piss of Muslims and not "offend" them

Yet the Muslims do not give a shit about KILLING Ameicans and then dancing in the street over their deaths

I think it is time to send a message to these bastards NOT to piss America off or many Muslims will meet Allah much sooner then they thought

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2012, 10:06 AM
It is amazing how we are told not to piss of Muslims and not "offend" them

Yet the Muslims do not give a shit about KILLING Ameicans and then dancing in the street over their deaths

I think it is time to send a message to these bastards NOT to piss America off or many Muslims will meet Allah much sooner then they thought

Could be that this murder by AlQaeda was carred out to get American troops sent into Libya and start a new shooting war there. They do not give a damn about Libyans but want to have an American enemy on the scene to fight. Also quite likely that they felt it would help obama's reelection bid by distracting from the two most important issues here , the extremely bad economy and unemployment. Both great failures of obama!!-Tyr

Dilloduck
09-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Could be that this murder by AlQaeda was carred out to get American troops sent into Libya and start a new shooting war there. They do not give a damn about Libyans but want to have an American enemy on the scene to fight. Also quite likely that they felt it would help obama's reelection bid by distracting from the two most important issues here , the extremely bad economy and unemployment. Both great failures of obama!!-Tyr

aha----I KNEW it was all part of the great conspiracy !

aboutime
09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
With Obama the buck never got there

and if did the buck was either taxed and sent to the IRS or spent of some "stimulus" plan

Obama never had a sign that read 'The Buck Stops Here' like Harry Truman.

The sign on Obama's desk reads "Monopoly Money = Obama Bucks".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2012, 06:43 PM
aha----I KNEW it was all part of the great conspiracy !

Well, if you think that this nation's enemies worldwide do not want him re-elected you are crazy. If you think they will not take steps to help aid in putting this great disaster back into office you are crazy. If you think that they were not involved in getting him elected in the first place you are crazy.--Tyr

Dilloduck
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Well, if you think that this nation's enemies worldwide do not want him re-elected you are crazy. If you think they will not take steps to help aid in putting this great disaster back into office you are crazy. If you think that they were not involved in getting him elected in the first place you are crazy.--Tyr

:tinfoil:

Mr. P
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Obama never had a sign that read 'The Buck Stops Here' like Harry Truman.

The sign on Obama's desk reads "Monopoly Money = Obama Bucks".

I think his sign really reads: "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need.".

Kathianne
09-18-2012, 03:35 PM
I think his sign really reads: "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need.".

One more time: ""From each according to their ability, to each according to what we think they deserve.".