PDA

View Full Version : What will be the future popular car colors?

Abbey Marie
05-25-2007, 01:34 PM
A Bold and Bright Future for Car Colors
After years of low-key silvers, whites and grays dominating the market, vibrant colors and glitzy finishes are on the upswing.

by Stephen Treffinger

2007 Chevrolet HHRThe color of your next car may come from the makeup counter. Bolder colors and glitzy paint finishes are on the rise in the auto market and promise to offset staid shades of black, gray, silver and white that persistently dominate the roads.

Color trends that affect every conceivable consumable — cars, purses, shoes, cell phones, lamps, linens, wallpaper — can often be traced back to only a handful of hue gurus. Li Edelkoort is one of them. Her ability to accurately predict color trends has given her cult status in the fashion and design industries. She runs the Trend Union, which provides color forecasting guides two years in advance of the seasons that cosmetic, fashion, interior and product designers work toward.

Future Color Trends
Silver, currently the most popular color, will take on tints of blue and other hues.
Liquid-metal-like finishes and metallics will emerge.
Violet blues will continue to rise in popularity.
Flat or low-luster finishes, popular on recent concept cars, will make it to production vehicles.
Gold and green will re-emerge as hot car colors.
Neutral colors like brown and gray will take hold in the luxury market.
Orange will assume copper tones as bronze and other metallic colors also emerge.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/188/a-bold-and-bright-future-for-car-colors

Doniston
05-25-2007, 03:42 PM
A Bold and Bright Future for Car Colors
After years of low-key silvers, whites and grays dominating the market, vibrant colors and glitzy finishes are on the upswing.

by Stephen Treffinger

2007 Chevrolet HHRThe color of your next car may come from the makeup counter. Bolder colors and glitzy paint finishes are on the rise in the auto market and promise to offset staid shades of black, gray, silver and white that persistently dominate the roads.

Color trends that affect every conceivable consumable — cars, purses, shoes, cell phones, lamps, linens, wallpaper — can often be traced back to only a handful of hue gurus. Li Edelkoort is one of them. Her ability to accurately predict color trends has given her cult status in the fashion and design industries. She runs the Trend Union, which provides color forecasting guides two years in advance of the seasons that cosmetic, fashion, interior and product designers work toward.

Future Color Trends
Silver, currently the most popular color, will take on tints of blue and other hues.
Liquid-metal-like finishes and metallics will emerge.
Violet blues will continue to rise in popularity.
Flat or low-luster finishes, popular on recent concept cars, will make it to production vehicles.
Gold and green will re-emerge as hot car colors.
Neutral colors like brown and gray will take hold in the luxury market.
Orange will assume copper tones as bronze and other metallic colors also emerge.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/188/a-bold-and-bright-future-for-car-colors Iwill be happy to see fewer whites and silvers, but I also hope that generally they will stay away from the Neon colors nd I which I can only describe as "Crap" brown.

Abbey Marie
05-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Iwill be happy to see fewer whites and silvers, but I also hope that generally they will stay away from the Neon colors nd I which I can only describe as "Crap" brown.

I wonder if cars, like houses, get better resale dollars if they aren't painted an odd color?

I noticed that they didn't mention bright yellow, which I see everywhere.