PDA

View Full Version : My intolerant liberal realitives

glockmail
09-14-2012, 01:53 PM
The latest is my niece Amy. She got married a few years back and that lasted about 6 months. It was rather surprising, since she's the oldest of five and has always been the most stable. Her hubby was smoking dope so she tossed him out, at least that's the story we were told. Later on it turns out that she decided that she was gay.

On facebook she posts that a family member is emailing her with offensive political messages. I'm sure that everyone thinks its me but I don't even have her email address. So I re-post a photoshop of the Charlotte convention center with a toilet seat as a "new retractable roof" and ask her "like this?" Her response was to un-friend me.

As usual, those who claim to be open-minded, unassuming and tolerant are the exact opposite. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-14-2012, 02:01 PM
My husband's side of the family are all serious Orange County Republicans. Never voted for a Dem candidate or issue in their lives.
I get along with them because we never discuss politics.
One of my husband's uncles came by for our Labor Day cook out. Asked my daughter if she liked Romney or Obama better.
My daughter, in her 11 year old wisdom, replied that "politics is stupid. And it's boring."

Somehow I doubt my daughter will follow in her mom's footsteps as a political activist. :laugh:

tailfins
09-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Most of my family is trailer trash high school dropouts. They usually vote Democrat, but refuse to vote for a colored guy in the White House. They are what I call Clinton voters: the ones that eat up the "Astroturf in the El Camino" schtick that think the Lewinsky scandal shows he's "a regular guy". They get pushed to the Republican candidate only when the Democrat supports "weirdos" like gays, colored, sluts or dope smokers. I don't have much to do with them because they are not my class of people.

I think it was an uncle that told me how he "showed them Orientals" in WWII.

Abbey Marie
09-14-2012, 09:47 PM
My husband's side of the family are all serious Orange County Republicans. Never voted for a Dem candidate or issue in their lives.
I get along with them because we never discuss politics.
One of my husband's uncles came by for our Labor Day cook out. Asked my daughter if she liked Romney or Obama better.
My daughter, in her 11 year old wisdom, replied that "politics is stupid. And it's boring."

Somehow I doubt my daughter will follow in her mom's footsteps as a political activist. :laugh:

Au contrare. she answered that way because she realizes all to well how un-stupid it is. Watch for her become very political in the future!

Abbey Marie
09-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Mu family is divided between union Dems, and Republicans.
The more educated ones are Republicans.
Go figure.
:laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Au contrare. she answered that way because she realizes all to well how un-stupid it is. Watch for her become very political in the future!

Perhaps you are right. I didn't start caring about politics until I was in high school.

glockmail
09-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Gabs why do you insist bring hate into every discussion?

Nukeman
09-15-2012, 08:13 AM
The latest is my niece Amy. She got married a few years back and that lasted about 6 months. It was rather surprising, since she's the oldest of five and has always been the most stable. Her hubby was smoking dope so she tossed him out, at least that's the story we were told. Later on it turns out that she decided that she was gay.

On facebook she posts that a family member is emailing her with offensive political messages. I'm sure that everyone thinks its me but I don't even have her email address. So I re-post a photoshop of the Charlotte convention center with a toilet seat as a "new retractable roof" and ask her "like this?" Her response was to un-friend me.

As usual, those who claim to be open-minded, unassuming and tolerant are the exact opposite. :laugh2:It is funny you post this, I have seen this very scenario played out a number of times with family and friends who have had this happen to them. The tolerant left are very INTOLERANT.. Unless of course you agree with everything they say yo are just stupid and misguided and gullible. They on the other hand befriend you when you point out they may be mistaken!! Love the hypocrisy!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
09-15-2012, 08:18 AM

As usual, those who claim to be open-minded, unassuming and tolerant are the exact opposite. :laugh2:

This reminds me of an email I got

While speaking with a friend's son, I asked what he wanted to be when he grew up.
Tom proudly announced, "I want to be President!"

This caused his parents, both of whom are liberal Democrats, to beam with pride.

I then inquired, "If you become President, what is the first thing you would do?"

Tom replied, "I would give houses to all homeless people."

"That is a worthy goal," I said, "but you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. I have lots of yard work and painting that needs to be done. I need a couple of sheds built, too. It's a lot of work, but I will pay you $10,000 for doing it. I'll then take you to see a homeless man so you can give him the money to help him buy a home."

Tom's mother glared at me and demanded, "My son is busy. Why don't you just pay the homeless guy to do the work?"

I smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

His parents have stopped speaking to me

tailfins
09-15-2012, 08:53 AM

It's something she just hates to do.

red states rule
09-15-2012, 08:55 AM
It's something she just hates to do.

and it comes natural to her as breathing

glockmail
09-15-2012, 09:21 AM
She's so full of hate. I find it disgusting.

red states rule
09-15-2012, 09:24 AM

It is better known as liberal tolerance

glockmail
09-15-2012, 09:26 AM
It is better known as liberal tolerance That's why I hate liberalism, with every fiber of my being. :laugh:

red states rule
09-15-2012, 09:38 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22440821.jpg

tailfins
09-15-2012, 01:22 PM

Everybody only wants to discuss she.
So this must mean she's disgusting, but its just she she's just obscene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

red states rule
09-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Gabby must have wrote the liberal debate book

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002858251/3745572768_profiles_LiberalPlaybook_4124_515214_xl arge.jpeg

aboutime
09-15-2012, 01:30 PM

glockmail. Actually. We should all be very happy to see gabby continue to demonstrate how little intelligence is required to repeat the words, actions, and emotions that make liberalism so disgusting to people who actually THINK on their own. Rather than following the liberal path that leads the sheep OVER THE OBAMA CLIFF.

red states rule
09-15-2012, 01:33 PM
glockmail. Actually. We should all be very happy to see gabby continue to demonstrate how little intelligence is required to repeat the words, actions, and emotions that make liberalism so disgusting to people who actually THINK on their own. Rather than following the liberal path that leads the sheep OVER THE OBAMA CLIFF.

Maybe that is why Gabby comes and goes so much. She has to wait to get her talking points from MSNBC and search the Dem Underground for topics to post

tailfins
09-15-2012, 01:33 PM

I think too many people are taking her too seriously. Other than the entertainment value, who cares what some jobsworth sits and rants about?

red states rule
09-15-2012, 01:36 PM
I think too many people are taking her too seriously. Other than the entertainment value, who cares what some jobsworth sits and rants about?

You nailed it. Gabby is a walking billboard as to how liberalism removes independent thought, logic, reason, and truth from ones ability to have a discussion

aboutime
09-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe that is why Gabby comes and goes so much. She has to wait to get her talking points from MSNBC and search the Dem Underground for topics to post

I agree. Other than the entertainment value gabby presents here. There would be no other reason to respond. Based on where gabby seems to get her information...while also Insisting she is SO MUCH SMARTER than all of us. Is almost like listening to Pee Wee Herman's voice as a RINGTONE on a cell-phone...and there's no way to get rid of it without THROWING it in the garbage.

glockmail
09-23-2012, 05:39 PM
I think too many people are taking her too seriously. Other than the entertainment value, who cares what some jobsworth sits and rants about? Interesting term. What does it mean?

tailfins
09-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Interesting term. What does it mean?

It means someone that uses job descriptions, rules and maybe the union contract to get out of as much work as possible.

glockmail
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
It means someone that uses job descriptions, rules and maybe the union contract to get out of as much work as possible.

I call those types "unemployed".

I was thinking about a guy like that this afternoon while I was cutting grass. Back in the '80's I worked for a small firm, like 10 people. It was an engineering firm and we were all men. About half of us were in our early 20's, interning during college or doing drafting work, and I was probably the senior of the young guys. The boss was about 60 or so, Irish-Bostonian, old school. A great guy and mentor.

I sat drafting desk to drafting desk facing my friend "Ronnie", who was a Haitian immigrant. All us young guys would insult each other continuously, and Ronnie didn't really understand that sub-culture. So one day I got his attention, stared at him with a straight face and told him 'damn man, you are so ugly that I can't stomach it sometimes'. I didn't get the come-back that I expected so I went back to working. It turned out that Ronnie was so upset about it that later that day he went to speak to our boss, discretely. Days or weeks later my boss told me about it in confidence, and that he explained to Ronnie that my "ugly" comment was supposed to elicit a laugh from him along with an even better insult. With that conversation Ronnie learned a little more about our culture and worked for that firm a long time.

We had a coffee maker in the office and one day the building owner was working on the plumbing so we had no water for coffee or to wash the pot. My boss volunteered to buy us all coffee and handed a ten-dollar bill to the the most junior intern and told him to solicit orders from everyone and go to the coffee shop on the first floor and get it for us. The kid refused, citing "not in my job description". My boss looked at him incredulously. He then took the kid into his office and gave him a little talk. One his way in he gave my the $10 and told me "handle it", which I promptly did. On the way out Ronnie and I exchanged looks and we both shook our heads.

Two weeks alter the kid was done. :laugh:

gabosaurus
09-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Tell us about your job, and your favorite methods to avoid it.

I won't ask aboutime about his job, since I am sure he doesn't have one.

tailfins
09-24-2012, 07:23 AM

Born. To. Code. And I care about craftsmanship. - That's all you need to know.

Am I the only one here that noticed that she DIDN'T deny being a jobsworth?

Whenever a union person gets very concerned over the minimum wage it's often because it affects their union contract wage. In other words it's to feather their own nest, not concern over the poor.

glockmail
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Unions suck. Liberals suck. The Democrat Party sucks.

aboutime
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM

Gabby. Congratulations. For the very first time. You are right about something.

No need to ask me about a job because I am Retired, and haven't worked since 1998.

So, now what?

gabosaurus
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Gabby. Congratulations. For the very first time. You are right about something.

No need to ask me about a job because I am Retired, and haven't worked since 1998.

So, now what?

Retired since 1998? This would make you close to 80, right? Tell us about the government entitlements that you live on now.

tailfins
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Retired since 1998? This would make you close to 80, right? Tell us about the government entitlements that you live on now.

I suspect what he gets back from Social Security doesn't even amount to a refund of what he has paid in. FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contribution Act. If only those whom you support politically hadn't raided his retirement to pay people "depressed about being unemployed". You're retired too. You were retired since the first day on the job if you define retired as getting paid for no work.

glockmail
09-24-2012, 04:41 PM
The return on Social Security from someone who retired in 1998 and lives to the average age of death is near zero percent. If you could take what GovCo forced you to contribute and had put that in stable investments over you working lifetime, you could retire at 2 to 3 times your working income without ever touching the principle, and after you die your family gets to fight over the couple of million that you had socked away. Under the Social Security system once you die the shit is gone. Maybe this is another purpose of ObamaCare death panels, to reduce social security payments.

Kathianne
09-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I do wonder if younger tax payers understand SSI up to this point? I'll use my family as an example, the numbers are conjecture, but illustrative.

My dad's brother became a priest around 1930. My dad was born in 1920, my mom in 1922. When my uncle became a priest he was 28, with a Phd in theology. He was our Dr. uncle, just kidding. Truly smart, would go onto remake the viability of Catholic school education for many decades.

SSI for him became available in 1970 something, until that point, he paid in 0 dollars. From that point on, he paid in, until he retired around 1980. Ten years. From the time the clergy was included, due to investments, he'd paid max amounts, like he was 'rich' or something. He never earned more than $22k per year. However, one must remember that the expenses of clergy are negligible. No housing or food costs. No insurance costs. No limit on gifts, though taxes need to be paid.

By 1990 he retired and split his time between FL property he owned and 'clergy retirement home' in IL. He wasn't high maintenance, but was comfortable wherever he was. When he died his estate was over $1m. Some had been sheltered, probably the biggest windfall was being included in SSI at so late a date. From the time that happened, he no longer needed to allocate his planned savings to anything other than investments. With the Chairman of 7-UP bottling being one of his 'financial advisers' he was able to amass a considerable estate.

glockmail
09-24-2012, 06:28 PM
So basically, Kate, you proved my point, that a guy living close to the poverty line (priests basically take a vow of poverty) can easily amass a portfolio of $1 million. And he only started a full time job when he was 28, not the 18 that a kid that never went to college would typically start at.

And at investments returning a meager 4-5%, that's $40 to $50k per year in interest alone, or twice the highest amount that he ever made while working.

Kathianne
09-24-2012, 06:50 PM
So basically, Kate, you proved my point, that a guy living close to the poverty line (priests basically take a vow of poverty) can easily amass a portfolio of $1 million. And he only started a full time job when he was 28, not the 18 that a kid that never went to college would typically start at.

And at investments returning a meager 4-5%, that's $40 to $50k per year in interest alone, or twice the highest amount that he ever made while working.

No vow of poverty, wasn't that type of order. Anything but. He was able to take gifts from individuals and groups. While the first 30 years of his service were to poor/struggling parishes and schools, his last 20 was to one of the richest parishes in country, which is why his estate was where it was. Mind you, that doesn't mean the parish/school was without challenges. Anything but. The school was a hot bed of parents pushing their kids to Ivyies, no holds barred. They had the legacies and dollars to fight and did.

Yes, even when their children couldn't or didn't want to compete on that level.

aboutime
09-24-2012, 09:09 PM

GABBY. LEARN HOW TO READ first. I DID NOT SAY I RETIRED IN 1998. I said I haven't worked since 1998. Big difference.

You might like to take another shot at simple math as well. I spent 30 years in the Navy, and retired in 1995.
I was 17 when I first joined the Navy in 1964.

Take your shoes off, use your fingers. And learn to READ, or Comprehend before speaking like an idiot. 3957

CSM
09-25-2012, 11:47 AM
GABBY. LEARN HOW TO READ first. I DID NOT SAY I RETIRED IN 1998. I said I haven't worked since 1998. Big difference.

You might like to take another shot at simple math as well. I spent 30 years in the Navy, and retired in 1995.

Take your shoes off, use your fingers. And learn to READ, or Comprehend before speaking like an idiot. 3957

FINALLY!!! Somebody on this board older than I am! I feel like a youngster now.

gabosaurus
09-26-2012, 11:05 PM

Most people retire around the age of 65. Which is where I based my figures.
You retired at the age of 48. Which makes you well below the normal retirement age.
And what are living on now? A government pension? That is an entitlement.
The definition of retired is "having left one's job and ceased to work."
If you aren't working, you are retired.

Thanks for proving that you are uneducated.

glockmail
09-26-2012, 11:21 PM
No, his employer is paying for his retirement after an previously agreed contract of 30 years service. Don't hate on his service.

Voted4Reagan
09-27-2012, 05:54 AM

Liberal Tactic # 2,301

If you cant contribute politely...Derail all conversation by Trolling...

aboutime
09-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Most people retire around the age of 65. Which is where I based my figures.
You retired at the age of 48. Which makes you well below the normal retirement age.
And what are living on now? A government pension? That is an entitlement.

gabby. That's okay. We all understand, and know very well. You can't help being educationally, and mentally challenged at the same time.
If you need to call a Military, Government Pension...which I earned for 30 years of service, an entitlement...according to you. Fine.

So tell me. How many people who have never worked at a steady job, who are now on welfare...earned a Pension for Being Unemployed?

Not a difficult question. So maybe you'd like to explain.

Not that you would understand but. This thing called a contract between Veterans, and the U.S. Government is rather common.

If you give 20, 30, or more years of Active duty...as agreed to on that contract. You earn a Pension for the 20, 30 or more years.

Steel workers, Police Officers, Firefighters, Bus Drivers, Computer Programmers and all kinds of American professions work toward a Pension.

Something YOU insist is an Entitlement. So tell us. What will you call your retirement from STUPID SCHOOL when you grow up?

tailfins
09-28-2012, 06:01 PM

Since you haven't left your job, but ceased to work, does that make you SEMI-RETIRED?

Like "graduates" from California schools that cannot read their diploma?

gabby .... So tell us. What will you call your retirement from STUPID SCHOOL when you grow up?

I think it's called CALPERS.

aboutime
09-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Since you haven't left your job, but ceased to work, does that make you SEMI-RETIRED?

Like "graduates" from California schools that cannot read their diploma?

I think it's called CALPERS.

Gotta love it when the only thing gabby can come up with is "Thanks for proving you are uneducated". Which is a remarkable feat, considering only Gabby would say such a thing to hide her own lack of Education.

10-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Intolerant liberals!
i had a funny interaction on Facebook some months ago.
we had a mutual friend, a liberal, he posted some political claptrap from Obama, I challenged the claim.
his pal entered into a rant about how I should know what's good for me.
as usual he ended with the usual liberal threats to kill my child( he should have been aborted because republicans shouldn't be allowed to have kids) and to rape my wife.
he couldn't be convinced that he had comitted a crime, he believed that the law allowed such threats so long as they are directed at republicans.

oddly enough I'm not a republican!!

Noir
10-05-2012, 06:13 AM
I had an irl friend who blocked me on Facebook because I 'mock god too much'.
Pft Christians, so intolerant.

glockmail
10-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Why do atheists hate God?

gabosaurus
10-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Because they are atheists. :slap:

aboutime
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Because they are atheists. :slap:

There is NO SUCH THING as an Atheist.

They claim there is NO GOD.

But in order to claim something DOES NOT EXIST. There must be a reason to make such a claim if they are offended, insulted, or bothered by something that does not exist.
Therefore. Being, or Calling yourself an Atheist is much like holding your finger up in the wind, and telling us what COLOR it is.

mundame
10-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Intolerant liberals!
i had a funny interaction on Facebook some months ago.
we had a mutual friend, a liberal, he posted some political claptrap from Obama, I challenged the claim.
his pal entered into a rant about how I should know what's good for me.
as usual he ended with the usual liberal threats to kill my child( he should have been aborted because republicans shouldn't be allowed to have kids) and to rape my wife.
he couldn't be convinced that he had comitted a crime, he believed that the law allowed such threats so long as they are directed at republicans.

oddly enough I'm not a republican!!

What a story! I assume you unfriended him. I think reporting him to the police would be a good lesson and probably a public service. He sounds dangerous.

10-05-2012, 07:31 PM
What a story! I assume you unfriended him. I think reporting him to the police would be a good lesson and probably a public service. He sounds dangerous.
He was a friend of a friend, in a union and posting from his place of work(Amtrak), I suggested that I may let Amtrak know how he spent his time at work, he felt that was an innapropriate threat!

i did not call the police, I sent him my address, he did not attend to attempt to carry out his typical liberal threats!

Robert A Whit
10-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Most of my family is trailer trash high school dropouts. They usually vote Democrat, but refuse to vote for a colored guy in the White House. They are what I call Clinton voters: the ones that eat up the "Astroturf in the El Camino" schtick that think the Lewinsky scandal shows he's "a regular guy". They get pushed to the Republican candidate only when the Democrat supports "weirdos" like gays, colored, sluts or dope smokers. I don't have much to do with them because they are not my class of people.

I think it was an uncle that told me how he "showed them Orientals" in WWII.

Wow, sounds like my family. I finally found the truth so have not voted for Democrats since my last at Carter. I voted for Reagan for POTUS despite having opposed him to be our Governor. I have repented for not supporting Reagan for Governor.

I have family that I am quite certain voted for Obama. This in my view is why they remain drop outs and trailer trash.

If you want to know why some woman educator votes for Obama, just think public service unions. Despite the unions, SEIU for instance, my Son in Law, bless him is a strong republican.

Noir
10-05-2012, 08:52 PM

I hate him for making me an atheist ^,^

As an aside, which i probably should of added to my earlier post, i hardly ever post things about religion on my facebook, i just think they found out how found i was of the works of Hitchens, Harris et al and used fb to show their displeasure. Like i said, tolerant christians =p.

cadet
10-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I hate him for making me an atheist ^,^

As an aside, which i probably should of added to my earlier post, i hardly ever post things about religion on my facebook, i just think they found out how found i was of the works of Hitchens, Harris et al and used fb to show their displeasure. Like i said, tolerant christians =p.

hmmm... Did you just admit that he's real? Because, you can't hate something that doesn't exist... hmmm...

glockmail
10-07-2012, 12:24 PM
hmmm... Did you just admit that he's real? Because, you can't hate something that doesn't exist... hmmm...Noir is so easy to trip up. :laugh:

aboutime
10-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Abbey. Have you noticed over the last few years, how some people are always quick to make lame excuses for their own lack of knowledge when they use...what they claim...are young children....like eleven year olds, who...because of parents that lack intelligence. Always seem to say EXACTLY the right thing when it comes to politics????

And if the supposed statements of little people in the 5th or 6th grade sound so perfect. It MUST BE because the bragging parent SAYS SO.

Sad thing is. People who try this kind of thing are actually convinced. NOBODY, has ever heard such stories before. But when trying to convince US Old folks, they often forget. Maybe...we've heard it all before.