PDA

View Full Version : 'This Does Not Represent Us': Moving Photos of Pro-American Rallies in Libya

DragonStryk72
09-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Apparently, in the wake of the bombing, a number of Libyan muslims have jumped up to hold pro-america rallies. Gotta take that as a good sign.

Just like not all Americans are like the people who made the weird anti-Islam movie (http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/inflammatory-anti-muslim-movie-may-not-be-a-real) that is sparking protests in Muslim nations, not all people in Libya are like the ones who killed U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens. Some of the people of Benghazi, where Stevens was killed (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/09/us-ambassador-libya-killed-embassy-attack/56765/), held a demonstration against terrorism and to show sympathy for the U.S. Libya Alhurra TV (https://www.facebook.com/LibyaAlhurraLivestream), an Internet TV channel founded (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libya_Alhurra_TV) at the start of the Arab Spring in 2011, posted Facebook photos of a rally there showing support for America and sympathy for Stevens. Here are some of those pictures:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/09/does-not-represent-us-moving-photos-pro-american-rallies-libya/56803/

I think what I'm seeing more and more at this point is that Islam is steeply divided between those who cling to the old ways, and those who want a new future, who seem an Islam not shackled by dogma. So it is quite likely that things in the ME are going to be coming to a head somewhere in our lifetime as the two sides necessarily come into greater conflict.

taft2012
09-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't know if they're actually sorry or just smart enough to know the infernal hell we can rain down upon them.

jafar00
09-14-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't know if they're actually sorry or just smart enough to know the infernal hell we can rain down upon them.

Believe me they are genuine and it is good to see that they are not being ignored by the media as usual even if the others still get more coverage. The trouble makers are a minority.

DragonStryk72
09-14-2012, 09:05 PM

I believe that they are genuine in their feelings about the US. We had much the same problem back during the thirty years war, of multiple factions of the same basic religion being at odds with one another. Slowly, however, peace and reason where out, if for no other reason than the extremists get themselves killed off.

Believe me they are genuine and it is good to see that they are not being ignored by the media as usual even if the others still get more coverage. The trouble makers are a minority.

More events like this need to occur however. The people need to speak out more openly against the zealots of their own side. We have the same basic issue in Christianity, that there are only a small number of zealots, but they cast a pall over the rest of us. Only by calling them out ourselves do we put lie to them

jafar00
09-15-2012, 06:41 AM
More events like this need to occur however. The people need to speak out more openly against the zealots of their own side. We have the same basic issue in Christianity, that there are only a small number of zealots, but they cast a pall over the rest of us. Only by calling them out ourselves do we put lie to them

That's the thing. The moderates which are the 99% don't seem to be able to make as much noise as the extremists. I was on the train today when a bunch of Muslims got on all disgusted at the behaviour of a few thugs who threw bottles at police during what was supposed to be a peaceful protest. All agreed that while it is important to have a voice, it must be done in peace.

Behaving like thugs just strengthens those who like to spread lies about Islam.

Nukeman
09-15-2012, 08:16 AM
That's the thing. The moderates which are the 99% don't seem to be able to make as much noise as the extremists. I was on the train today when a bunch of Muslims got on all disgusted at the behaviour of a few thugs who threw bottles at police during what was supposed to be a peaceful protest. All agreed that while it is important to have a voice, it must be done in peace.

Behaving like thugs just strengthens those who like to spread lies about Islam.Well than if you out number them 99-1 why don't you surround them by YOUR superior numbers and put a stop to their actions.. Put some action to YOUR words for a change instead of saying they don't represent you STOP THEM!! If you won't someone else will!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
09-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Well than if you out number them 99-1 why don't you surround them by YOUR superior numbers and put a stop to their actions.. Put some action to YOUR words for a change instead of saying they don't represent you STOP THEM!! If you won't someone else will!!!!!!!!!!!!

because the 1% in this instance are the insane fuckers who wears bombs, making surrounding them more of a problem than a solution.

red states rule
09-15-2012, 11:30 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c10356020120915120100.jpg

Kathianne
09-15-2012, 11:35 AM
because the 1% in this instance are the insane fuckers who wears bombs, making surrounding them more of a problem than a solution.

I understand your point, I think your percentages and presenting only a dichotomy is wrong.

Extremists willing to commit mayhem? Unknown

Those that support the extremists, but not willing to act? Unknown

Those actually against extremism? Unknown

However polling done infrequently in Islamic countries since 9/11 indicate that the larges group is the second.

aboutime
09-15-2012, 12:45 PM
What everyone seems to forget, or ignore. Has nothing to do with Numbers, or Percentages.

It only takes ONE CRAZY member of any group that has declared war on America, and Americans....to PUSH A BUTTON.

They have no cares about WHO would accuse them, or anyone else.

The best tool they have as TERRORISTS is....They Only Need to ACT Once!

PROOF? How many suicide bombers have been interviewed AFTER their deed to make them Martyr's????

Nukeman
09-15-2012, 02:13 PM
excuse.. only an excuse to not do what needs to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
09-15-2012, 07:56 PM
excuse.. only an excuse to not do what needs to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it's simply a statement of the logistics that have to be involved in the decision to stand against them. I'm willing to sacrifice my life to save folks, but am I willing to sacrifice you and, say, Sassy? It would certainly put me aback, and that's the problem that they're running into. The people they're worried about are the types that don't care who else gets hurt, just like the guys behind 9/11 didn't care that there were likely other Muslims in the towers that day, or that almost all of the victims had never done anything against them.

Nukeman
09-15-2012, 09:21 PM
No, it's simply a statement of the logistics that have to be involved in the decision to stand against them. I'm willing to sacrifice my life to save folks, but am I willing to sacrifice you and, say, Sassy? It would certainly put me aback, and that's the problem that they're running into. The people they're worried about are the types that don't care who else gets hurt, just like the guys behind 9/11 didn't care that there were likely other Muslims in the towers that day, or that almost all of the victims had never done anything against them.That is exactly the point they need to be stopped and if they (Muslims) aren't going to do it than get the hell out of the way quit bitching and complaining every time WE take on of those F***ers out.. Thats the problem Dragon, they want to say its only about 1% and the rest are peaceful but every time WE take one out they pitch a shit fit to high Heaven.. So if they don't want US doing it than they need to grow a set of balls and do it themselves........

God i am so sick of their pandering to the lunatics and making excuses for they depraved behavior of those committing these acts in the name of "their" religion...