PDA

View Full Version : NYT Sent Unpublished Columns to the Obama Administration for Vetting

red states rule
09-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I am surprised someone in the West Wing is not writing the articles that are published in the NYT. Or is that going to happen if Obama wins a second term?

The latest Bob Woodward books reveals that Peter Orszag, at the time a columnist for the New York Times, sent a draft of an article to White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett for review and comments before publishing.

"Orszag continued his star turn in the op-ed spotlight and a month later drafted a column to appear October 20, 2010, on the sensitive subject of Obamacare," writes Woodward of Orszag, the former OMB director. "He wanted to focus on one of its weaknesses. The health care legislation ‘does many thi is right,’ he wrote. ‘But it does almost nothing to reform medical malpractice laws.’"

Woodward adds, "Should he alert the White House? [Orszag] wondered. Better not to surprise them. With some discomfort, because a columnist is supposed to speak for himself, not his former employer, Orszag sent his draft to Valerie Jarrett. It was about three days before the column was scheduled to run. Here’s a draft, he wrote in an email to her. Let me know if you have any comments."

Jarrett did have a comment for Orszag, according to Woodward:
"Thanks, Jarrett wrote back. She offered no comments on the draft. The column ran as scheduled, unchanged from the draft Orszag had provided the White House. Orszag was in an airport when he got Jarrett’s email. How could you have done this? It’s ridiculous. You’re so disloyal. You have got to realize the health care bill is wildly unpopular, Orszag replied. Every single speech I give, if I lead with this reflection on its imperfections, the dynamic changes.

People will then listen. You can’t hold this law out as perfect. It won’t sell. People think it’s a piece of crap. The weaknesses must be acknowledged. Then it’s credible to say, here’s why it is good and why it is the only thing that will work. Jarrett’s answer was delivered with Politburo finality: You have burned your bridges."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nytimes-columnist-sent-article-draft-white-houses-valerie-jarrett-comments-publishing_652278.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I am surprised someone in the West Wing is not writing the articles that are published in the NYT. Or is that going to happen if Obama wins a second term?

It has only gotten worse since, the Whitehouse now sends our bulletins to its media specfying what to write and when to publish it for public consumption. Stalin would be proud of obama's imitation of him..-Tyr

red states rule
09-15-2012, 11:12 AM
It has only gotten worse since, the Whitehouse now sends our bulletins to its media specfying what to write and when to publish it for public consumption. Stalin would be proud of obama's imitation of him..-Tyr

It is the same pretty much all over. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NY Time, Washington Post, LA Times, ect are all nothing more then the White House Stenographer Pool

aboutime
09-15-2012, 12:50 PM
It has always appeared to me. How Obama has always gotten permission from the NYT'S, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, or MSNBC to get approval for all of his DESTRUCTIVE actions directed at the American people he fools, and lies to each time he speaks.

But did the NEW YORK TIMES give Obama permission to Appear on David Letterman's show....before he took action, or even mentioned how a U.S. Ambassador was KILLED...On Obama's Sleep patterns?

red states rule
09-15-2012, 01:00 PM
It has always appeared to me. How Obama has always gotten permission from the NYT'S, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, or MSNBC to get approval for all of his DESTRUCTIVE actions directed at the American people he fools, and lies to each time he speaks.

But did the NEW YORK TIMES give Obama permission to Appear on David Letterman's show....before he took action, or even mentioned how a U.S. Ambassador was KILLED...On Obama's Sleep patterns?

No they never had to ask permission since they are all considered employees of the Obama 2012 relection staff

Of course the NY Times always cleared things with the West Wing when Bush was President right?

aboutime
09-15-2012, 01:12 PM
No they never had to ask permission since they are all considered employees of the Obama 2012 relection staff

Of course the NY Times always cleared things with the West Wing when Bush was President right?

YOU GOT IT! How dare I forget such stuff that makes Liberalism so perfect for the Dead who Vote, and Vote Often.

red states rule
09-15-2012, 01:15 PM
YOU GOT IT! How dare I forget such stuff that makes Liberalism so perfect for the Dead who Vote, and Vote Often.

and how many times did the NY Times publish classified infromation on the FRONT page during the Iraq war and telling the terroists what was being done to track them down?

aboutime
09-15-2012, 01:24 PM
and how many times did the NY Times publish classified infromation on the FRONT page during the Iraq war and telling the terroists what was being done to track them down?

To THIS DATE as well red states rule. TO THIS DATE.
Look at how Obama and his Uniformed Sheeples in the Pentagon are playing CYA on that book by the SEAL TEAM 6 member.

Obama, with the assistance of the New York SLIMES published classified information...Obama declared UNCLASSIFIED for his own purposes.
And when the book came out. Obama and the Pentagon REVERSED their Unclassified into CLASSIFIED just to COVER THEIR ASSES.

Americans. Or at least most of them who pay attention know. OBAMA disclosed such info. Even Democrat Senator FEINSTEIN announced her disgust, and sadness that the WHITE HOUSE would do such a thing.
Then....she WITHDREW her announcement. Knowing OBAMA and company could make her term in the SENATE a shorter one if she dared to speak against the OBAMA LYING MACHINE.

I wonder when OBAMA, HOLDER, and the DUMB Democrats in Congress will learn. "YOU CANNOT "UN-RING" A BELL"?

red states rule
09-15-2012, 01:26 PM
To THIS DATE as well red states rule. TO THIS DATE.
Look at how Obama and his Uniformed Sheeples in the Pentagon are playing CYA on that book by the SEAL TEAM 6 member.

Obama, with the assistance of the New York SLIMES published classified information...Obama declared UNCLASSIFIED for his own purposes.
And when the book came out. Obama and the Pentagon REVERSED their Unclassified into CLASSIFIED just to COVER THEIR ASSES.

Americans. Or at least most of them who pay attention know. OBAMA disclosed such info. Even Democrat Senator FEINSTEIN announced her disgust, and sadness that the WHITE HOUSE would do such a thing.
Then....she WITHDREW her announcement. Knowing OBAMA and company could make her term in the SENATE a shorter one if she dared to speak against the OBAMA LYING MACHINE.

What about Fast and Furious? We have people DEAD and yet the liberal media contnues to ignore the story and accuse R's of being racist for going after Eric Holder to tell the TRUTH!!!!!

aboutime
09-15-2012, 01:42 PM
What about Fast and Furious? We have people DEAD and yet the liberal media contnues to ignore the story and accuse R's of being racist for going after Eric Holder to tell the TRUTH!!!!!

Actually. As you have pointed out. There is SO MUCH BS we can, and should discuss about Obama. But everything eventually, and finally points to ONE specific thing.

HE LIES. And everyone who works for him has learned to emulate, copy, and lie just like him.

Remember. Obama told everyone in his cabinet. He's the smartest one in the room, and he doesn't need all of them to tell him what he already knows.

Only problem is. They are so worried about losing their jobs. NOT ONE OF THEM has the courage, or Gonads to tell him HE'S A LIAR!

red states rule
09-15-2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.hyscience.com/MainStreamMedia.jpg