PDA

View Full Version : For the love of god, make it stop

Abbey Marie
09-19-2012, 03:36 PM
We have passed ridiculous, and sailed full on to absurd.

In an effort to comply with state laws about gender discrimination, a Rhode Island school district has banned father-daughter dances and mother-son baseball games after a single mom complained that her daughter wasn't able to attend a dance.

The mother filed a complaint with the Rhode Island branch of the American Civil Liberties Union last May, saying that her child felt excluded from the dance because she did not have a father figure to take her. The dance was a longstanding event run by a parent-teacher organization.

"I think when schools tell girls 'You love dances' and boys 'You love baseball games,' I think that is going too far," Rhode Island ACLU executive director Steven Brown told talk-radio station WPRO-FM. "That is the whole point of having laws and policies to say public schools should not be the business of really encouraging such blatant stereotypes about what girls like and what boys like."

The rest: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/school-district-bans-father-daughter-dances-single-mom-174500262.html

First it's "unfair because my daughter doesn't have a father", then it moves on to gender discrimination, because how dare we imply that dances appeal to girls? (Ignoring for the moment that half of each couple is male). The ACLU again throwing the PC spaghetti against the wall to see which stupid reason sticks.

aboutime
09-19-2012, 03:43 PM
This is the result of the Endless ravages of Political Correctness, combined with Pure Democracy that has never worked.

When One person is offended, insulted, bothered, disturbed, claims to be hurt for any reason.
The results become. BANNING every other person who is UNAFFECTED in any way, from being permitted to violate the Politically Correct FOOLISHNESS that allows DUMMIES, IDIOTS, and IGNORANT CRY BABIES to have all of the power.

IT IS JUST PLAIN OLD, STUPIDITY.

It begins in Washington DC when dumb people elect DUMB people who claim to be smarter than they are. And THOSE DUMB PEOPLE BELIEVE THEM.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
We have passed ridiculous, and sailed full on to absurd.

First it's "unfair because my daughetr doesn't have a father", then it moves on to gender discrimination, because how dare we imply that dances appeal to girls? (Ignoring for the momen tthat half of each couple is male). The ACLU again throwing the PC spaghetti against the wall to see which stupid reason sticks.

Just more liberal ,PC insanity. I am not allowed to go to a dance with my daughter because some woman chose another woman as her life partner or because some women has a daughter with no father available (pick a reason).
This insanity is clearly the act of making the exception be the source of the rule!!
Letting the .2% rule the other 99.8 % = insanity in action...
How brilliant , discriminate against 99.8% to favor the .2% !!--Tyr

Kathianne
09-19-2012, 04:13 PM
It seems the state is the problem, they need to rewrite the law to allow for mother-son and father-daughter exceptions, the Federal laws do, as do most, if not all other states. Seems the legislature wanted this 'left open.'

revelarts
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
So the state should make father daughter dances illegal but the state should make gay marriages legal?

But both are discrimination.

reason is not a part of our system anymore

jafar00
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Boys like baseball and girls like dancing are blatant stereotypes? Next they will be saying to the kids that 2 dads or 2 mums is normal then give the boys barbie dolls and the girls sent down to the sand pit to play with tonka trucks.

09-19-2012, 05:13 PM
The ACLU will never stop me from doing a father-daughter dance with my little girl.

LiberalNation
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
who would think to sue over something like that lol some mom needa get over herself.

aboutime
09-19-2012, 05:42 PM
The ACLU will never stop me from doing a father-daughter dance with my little girl.

There's only ONE WAY any of us should ever bow-down, and agree with this insanity. And that would be. Only when OBAMA dances with Barney Frank, and they both FRENCH KISS one-another in front of the entire Congress at the next State-of-the-GAY Union speech.

cadet
09-19-2012, 06:51 PM
One day people will realize that little boys and little girls are not the same. and most stereotypes of them are completely true. Ever seen a group of boys do each others hair? how bout little girls go out just to fight each other? (we guys call it wrestling around) EVERY STEREOTYPE HAS IT'S ROOTS IN FACT!!!!!

Kathianne
09-19-2012, 07:00 PM
One day people will realize that little boys and little girls are not the same. and most stereotypes of them are completely true. Ever seen a group of boys do each others hair? how bout little girls go out just to fight each other? (we guys call it wrestling around) EVERY STEREOTYPE HAS IT'S ROOTS IN FACT!!!!!

I'll admit to actively providing my daughter and two sons with 'equal opportunities.' My daughter, like myself, was not much of a pretender. She was a basic girl. Didn't love dolls, but did like dressing up. She was in 7th heaven at 3, being the flower girl at mbf's wedding.

My boys were pretty much boys, the older one though was more into Egyptology and dinosaurs from age of 2-7, than sports.

All of my kids had lessons in swimming and gymnastics from birth-7. Seven, that magic age. The youngest was already a soccer star. The oldest playing drums and belting out Annie tunes, good enough to land a place in children's theatre. The middle child? He liked riding his bike, visiting with his friends and going to museums.

All had the same options from 2. Indeed, all were in Montessori preschool and all were enrolled in pretty much the same programs at different times. They all played soccer and t-ball, but only the youngest really loved competition and team sports.

Dilloduck
09-19-2012, 07:03 PM
PC---more dangerous than Islam.

SassyLady
09-19-2012, 07:18 PM
PC---more dangerous than Islam.

I agree .... after all it was PC that allowed the Muslim Jihadist, Hasan, to be overlooked in/by our military, causing multiple deaths at Ft. Hood.

Little-Acorn
09-19-2012, 07:39 PM
In an effort to comply with state laws about gender discrimination, a Rhode Island school district has banned father-daughter dances and mother-son baseball games after a single mom complained that her daughter wasn't able to attend a dance.

Lord be praised, it has finally happened!

HALLELUJAH!!!!

The first virgin birth! (Actually it's the second, but who's counting)

NO FATHER AT ALL!

(I assume there's no chance the mother simply kicked the father out of her house... or the father kicked the mother out... or the mother simply isn't sure which man is the father?)