PDA

View Full Version : Aptly-named Pew Research "poll" finds Obama 8% ahead.... after asking 46% more Dems??

Little-Acorn
09-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Yes, Pew Research notes in their poll report (near the back, no surprise) that they asked 46% more Democrats than Republicans, who they would vote for.

Did Obama come out 46% ahead?

Ummm, try 8%.

Is there any limit to how far these people will skew their samples of the American electorate, in their desperate desire to pretend more people would vote for Obama than for Romney in November?

Peeeewww!

http://www.people-press.org/files/legacy-pdf/09-19-12%20Political%20release.pdf

gabosaurus
09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Where is your proof that they asked 46 percent more registered Democrats than Republicans? Did they intentionally choose a survey group that had 46 percent more Dems?

Missileman
09-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Yes, Pew Research notes in their poll report (near the back, no surprise) that they asked 46% more Democrats than Republicans, who they would vote for.

Did Obama come out 46% ahead?

Ummm, try 8%.

Is there any limit to how far these people will skew their samples of the American electorate, in their desperate desire to pretend more people would vote for Obama than for Romney in November?

Peeeewww!

http://www.people-press.org/files/legacy-pdf/09-19-12%20Political%20release.pdf

All this is to set up rioting in November after Romney wins. The libtards will believe the election has been stolen because the polls were showing Obama ahead.

jimnyc
09-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Where is your proof that they asked 46 percent more registered Democrats than Republicans? Did they intentionally choose a survey group that had 46 percent more Dems?

I don't know either, but that's an 85 page PDF document! LOL I'm not sorting through that much for the wording, maybe LN knows where it's at in there. I will only say, that I don't trust ANY poll, as they generally sample very small sizes, load the questions & at times ask too much of one party as LA has pointed out.

Missileman
09-20-2012, 06:19 PM
I don't know either, but that's an 85 page PDF document! LOL I'm not sorting through that much for the wording, maybe LN knows where it's at in there. I will only say, that I don't trust ANY poll, as they generally sample very small sizes, load the questions & at times ask too much of one party as LA has pointed out.

The data is on page 35. They polled 717 Rep, 869 Dem, and 757 Ind.

jimnyc
09-20-2012, 06:22 PM
The data is on page 35. They polled 717 Rep, 869 Dem, and 757 Ind.

I don't think that would be 46% and I'm too tired to do the math. But I will say, I see its a big enough difference to explain the 8% margin, and further explains why I don't trust polls!

Missileman
09-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't think that would be 46% and I'm too tired to do the math. But I will say, I see its a big enough difference to explain the 8% margin, and further explains why I don't trust polls!

My math skills are rusty also, but I believe it's over 20% which is still significant enough to be shameful.

Abbey Marie
09-20-2012, 06:28 PM
My math skills are rusty also, but I believe it's over 20% which is still significant enough to be shameful.

Wow.

aboutime
09-20-2012, 07:17 PM
In the words of both Obama, and his idiot DNC chairwoman...Debbie Whatshername Schultz..."Polls mean nothing!"

And the caption following Wasserman Schultz's statement says ("Unless the polls are in our favor")

Otherwise. Polls are nothing more than what the people who live in Poland are called.

Speaking of Polls. It also explains why OBAMA NEVER EATS PICKLES, like the Polish joke said.

"Because Obama keeps getting his head stuck in the Pickle Jar!"