PDA

View Full Version : 40+ day Tent Revival outside the White House

09-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Until the election

http://davidstentdc.org/

Saw this and I thought it was interesting. I dont know much about the organization, but from the looks of it, they look like they are a non-partisan group focused on acknowledging God's rule of our lives and praying for our nation. They are welcoming all people out to pray and join in worship

gabosaurus
09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
David's Tent is hardly non-partisan:

You are hereby invited to participate in the rescue of the Jewish people – God’s key to life from the dead for the entire world.

Sounds like Occupy Washington DC to me. :rolleyes:

fj1200
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
David's Tent is hardly non-partisan:

He said that they were non-partisan, not that they didn't have an agenda. Unless you have evidence that they are supported by only one party.

Thunderknuckles
09-21-2012, 11:34 AM
They are welcoming all people out to pray and join in worship
Wait a minute. They aren't gonna burn some flags and cry for the death and destruction of the Middle East?
What a yawnfest :p

Abbey Marie
09-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Wait a minute. They aren't gonna burn some flags and cry for the death and destruction of the Middle East?

The sad truth of today is that to some, prayer and worship are more disturbing than violence, and sex and defecation in public.

gabosaurus
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM

Exactly! I bet some of them even have jobs! And perhaps (gasp!) proper hygiene! Perhaps they can get a couple of members to misbehave in order to gain TV air time.

Thunderknuckles
09-21-2012, 11:43 AM
The sad truth of today is that to some, prayer and worship are more disturbing than violence, and sex and defecation in public.
I had a "WTF?" moment once I got to the part about public defecation
Never saw that one coming from you Abbey. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I had a "WTF?" moment once I got to the part about public defecation
Never saw that one coming from you Abbey. :laugh:

Lol, that's not really me- the OWS'ers in NYC were apparently happy to do so in public. :puke3:

Mr. P
09-21-2012, 07:56 PM
40+ days, nights too? What if it rains? Geeeezzz

aboutime
09-21-2012, 09:53 PM

Mr. P. Remember the expression 'WINTER SOLDIER'? Watch how it develops when they find out how GENTLE the Winter Winds can be, below 32 degree's F.

gabosaurus
09-21-2012, 11:59 PM

I doubt the Secret Service will allow them to build an ark. :rolleyes:

Mr. P. Remember the expression 'WINTER SOLDIER'? Watch how it develops when they find out how GENTLE the Winter Winds can be, below 32 degree's F.

WHOOSH! Mr. P's comment went right over his head. :laugh: