PDA

View Full Version : The U.S. National Debt affects our Security..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-22-2012, 08:22 AM
How long does it take to earn a TRILLION DOLLARS?
I was trying to wrap my mind around how much a TRILLION DOLLARS was. The U.S. budget for 2011 is about 3.7 TRILLION DOLLARS. That is our money, just how many hours do we have to work, to make 3.7 TRILLION DOLLARS. I decided to do the math.

There are 24 hours in one day. 365 days in a year.
24 X 365 days in a year, = 8,760 hours in one year.

What if you had a job that paid $1,000.00 an hour. A thousand dollars an hour isn't a bad wage huh? What if you could work 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week, every day of the year. How many years would you have to work to earn 3.7 TRILLION DOLLARS?

After 1 year $8,760,000.00 (8.76 million dollars)
After 10 years $87,600,000.00 (87.6 million dollars)
After 100 years $876,000,000.00 (876 million dollars)
After 1,000 years $8,760,000,000.00 (8.76 billion dollars)
After 10,000 years $87,600,000,000.00 (87.6 billion dollars)
After 100,000 years $876,000,000,000.00 (876 billion dollars)
After 400,000 years $3,504,000,000,000.00 9 (3.5 trillion dollars)

http://www.squidoo.com/the-us-national-debt

This massive new debt was not all mistaken policy or out of control spending by greedy politicians. It has been engineered to be used as the primary reason we cut back on military spending and currently we see that taking place and this greater debt being used as the justification. Not bad , help weaken /destroy a nation , severely limit its defensive capabilities, use to justify radical change from within and all without firing a shot!
The guy is a traitor, plain and simple. His usurping our Constitution, his end runs around Congress, his defying Federal court rulings, fast and furious scandal, suing states for their enforcing federal law he will not allow to be enforced , aiding Islam's spread across the ME, insulting our allies and embracing our enemies, etc.. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-22-2012, 08:41 AM
http://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/2011/03/31/how-the-national-debt-affects-you

How the National Debt Affects You
Left unchecked, rising public debt could mean higher interest rates and a slower economy
By Meg Handley March 31, 2011
At more than $14 trillion, America's debt might seem abstract, a number so large it's difficult to conceptualize. But if left unchecked, that swiftly swelling figure has the potential to affect our daily lives in a big way, primarily in the forms of higher interest rates and ultimately, a slower economy.

And the numbers are only getting scarier. That $14 trillion tab is growing at a staggering pace of more than $58,000 per second. "It's truly huge—we're talking 9, 10 percent of GDP," says Richard DeKaser, deputy chief economist at The Parthenon Group, a Boston, Mass.-based financial services firm. "We haven't seen anything like that in most people's lifetime. For most people, this is unprecedented."

This was from year and half ago. Since then another 2 trillion has been added!
Its insanity.. or its a plan being executed! -Tyr

taft2012
09-22-2012, 08:44 AM
We can also flip that equation and say our security affects our national debt.

Which to liberals, means trimming our military to balance the budget.

This is folly, of course, because one of the attractions for business and industry in the USA is the stability our military provides. Other countries may provide superior financial benefits, but if foreign or insurrecting armies can just march in and throw the country into chaos, and negatively impact or eradicate production, that element of uncertainty is always going to put a limit on growth and investment.

This stability provided by our military also impacts our national credit rating, making us a "good risk" and keeping interest rates low.

We are also blessed with a geography that is relatively free of major natural disasters, and those we do experience we have the resources to address and repair ourselves. One has to wonder if Japan's economy will ever recover from the events of their earthquake/tsunami.

All of these benefits we have, along with our blessings of extensive natural resources, liberals look to negate to drag our country down into just another run-of-the-mill country among the otherwise equal nations of the world... instead of the powerhouse that we have been and should always be.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-24-2012, 06:26 PM
We can also flip that equation and say our security affects our national debt.

Which to liberals, means trimming our military to balance the budget.

This is folly, of course, because one of the attractions for business and industry in the USA is the stability our military provides. Other countries may provide superior financial benefits, but if foreign or insurrecting armies can just march in and throw the country into chaos, and negatively impact or eradicate production, that element of uncertainty is always going to put a limit on growth and investment.

This stability provided by our military also impacts our national credit rating, making us a "good risk" and keeping interest rates low.

We are also blessed with a geography that is relatively free of major natural disasters, and those we do experience we have the resources to address and repair ourselves. One has to wonder if Japan's economy will ever recover from the events of their earthquake/tsunami.

All of these benefits we have, along with our blessings of extensive natural resources, liberals look to negate to drag our country down into just another run-of-the-mill country among the otherwise equal nations of the world... instead of the powerhouse that we have been and should always be.

The liberal plan is to drag us backwards enough to make us a third rate nation. This they in their warped puny minds think is justice for all the evil we have heaped upon the world. When we complain of the 6 trillion in debt obama has out us they cheer! Truly anything that harms/weakens us they cheer. Such is the insanity of the worldview they have! Yet they think themelves superior to 95% of the rest of the world. Obama shars that wish to weaken us and he has acted upon it but he has masters that instruct him, he is just a puppet....-Tyr

jimnyc
11-23-2012, 06:34 PM
I received an email about the opening post of this thread. The author gave me a link to his work on squidoo, which is already linked in the post. He said this was his work and asked that it be removed or he was going to file a complaint. I shortened the amount that was used from the squidoo page, and responded to him:

I have reduced the amount of text that is on the post. Under the fair use act - http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/107

The post as well does give credit to the page that the authorized fair use was garnered from.

-Admin

I am hoping he comes back and reads my reply here, as I replied to the email and it bounced back to me, as AOL sucks apparently. I will try and send you another email from an alternate address to see if that changes anything.

jimnyc
11-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Sorry, but I just tried to reply to this gentleman from my Yahoo account and my Gmail account, and I get the same error message back from those as well.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2012, 07:02 PM
I received an email about the opening post of this thread. The author gave me a link to his work on squidoo, which is already linked in the post. He said this was his work and asked that it be removed or he was going to file a complaint. I shortened the amount that was used from the squidoo page, and responded to him:

I am hoping he comes back and reads my reply here, as I replied to the email and it bounced back to me, as AOL sucks apparently. I will try and send you another email from an alternate address to see if that changes anything.

Thanks Jim, sorry I did not realise that I had quoted too much. My apologises to the author go out as well.-Tyr

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 07:23 PM
http://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/2011/03/31/how-the-national-debt-affects-you

How the National Debt Affects You
Left unchecked, rising public debt could mean higher interest rates and a slower economy
By Meg Handley March 31, 2011
At more than $14 trillion, America's debt might seem abstract, a number so large it's difficult to conceptualize. But if left unchecked, that swiftly swelling figure has the potential to affect our daily lives in a big way, primarily in the forms of higher interest rates and ultimately, a slower economy.

And the numbers are only getting scarier. That $14 trillion tab is growing at a staggering pace of more than $58,000 per second. "It's truly huge—we're talking 9, 10 percent of GDP," says Richard DeKaser, deputy chief economist at The Parthenon Group, a Boston, Mass.-based financial services firm. "We haven't seen anything like that in most people's lifetime. For most people, this is unprecedented."

This was from year and half ago. Since then another 2 trillion has been added!
Its insanity.. or its a plan being executed! -Tyr

Actially I understand it is almost 3 trillion dollars more. Then of course Obama blames it all on Bush.

ROFLMAO

April15
11-23-2012, 08:47 PM
For all this debt to have been incurred we must have had a military exercise of huge proportions that went unfunded? A lowering of tax rates might have spurred some of this debt as well as capital gains reductions and estate tax. Then again maybe the nation was hit with a financial crises. If it was then the government would have injected monies into the economy to keep it from falling and put monies into bankrupt financial institutions so the populace might feel somewhat secure.