PDA

View Full Version : STUNNING: Obama considering release of "Blind Shiek" as goodwill gesture toward Egypt

Little-Acorn
09-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd heard rumors about this, but dismissed them out of hand. There was no way that even the Obamanites would consider releasing the1993 World Trade Center bombers' leader, especially as some kind of "goodwill gesture" toward the Muslim Brotherhood who just finished attacking our embassies.

No way. The world would have to be completely insane.

But I reckoned without the liberal fanatics currently in the White House, Senate etc., and those carrying water for them in the press. What normal, sane people would never do, these people would do easily.

Stunning. HAS the world gone completely insane?

All I can say is, Is it November yet?

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/eyes_blind_sheik_release_0MFMrnamOFxtIJKJLpTQNL

O eyes ‘blind sheik’ release

By JOSH MARGOLIN and CHUCK BENNETT
Last Updated: 4:15 AM, September 20, 2012
Posted: 1:40 AM, September 20, 2012

The Obama administration is weighing the release of blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman — the spiritual adviser to the 1993 World Trade Center bombers — in a stunning goodwill gesture toward Egypt that has touched off a political firestorm, officials said yesterday.

The Egyptian government “asked for his release,” an administration source told The Post — and Rep. Peter King (R-LI) confirmed the request is being considered.

The White House, State Department and Justice Department each issued statements denying any deal is in the works, but, “There’s no way to believe anything they say,” said Andrew McCarthy, the former assistant US attorney who prosecuted Abdel-Rahman. “I believe there may already be a nod-and-wink agreement in place.”

He remains revered in his native Egypt, and his supporters have demonstrated throughout Cairo for his freedom.

Newly elected Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, a member of the radical Muslim Brotherhood, has publicly vowed to press the United States to turn over the sightless sheik.

His incarceration was the subject of Arabic-language message-board rants two days before protesters stormed the US Embassy in Cairo and later killed the American ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, according to a Department of Homeland Security report obtained by Fox News.

They wrote he should be released, “even if it requires burning the embassy down with everyone in it.”

Abbey Marie
09-22-2012, 01:21 PM
I sincerely hope he does this right before the election.

Robert A Whit
09-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Any news on this? Where are all the replies? I expected to see many replies yet found the OP. :salute:

Dilloduck
09-22-2012, 01:48 PM
It's just a smear campaign to try to ruin Obama's reputation. Cheap tricks. Obama's not going to release him.

Voted4Reagan
09-22-2012, 02:14 PM
There is already another thread dedicated to this discussion....

jimnyc
09-22-2012, 02:33 PM
The Egyptian government “asked for his release,” an administration source told The Post — and Rep. Peter King (R-LI) confirmed the request is being considered.

It's just a smear campaign to try to ruin Obama's reputation. Cheap tricks. Obama's not going to release him.

We have an actual politician stating that the request was made, and he confirmed that the request is being considered. What do you have to offer to backup your baseless comments that it is solely a smear campaign?

aboutime
09-22-2012, 03:52 PM

Sure thing Dilloduck. Whatever you insist. Based on your record here. Everyone will INSTANTLY take everything you say here, totally seriously.

As for the Cheap Tricks. Just watch how it happens. And be sure to get back to us to remind us...WHY anyone would listen to you.

By the way. CHEAP TRICKS...chapter 2 of the DNC Handbook of Talking Points for the mentally challenged, and liberally stooooopid!