PDA

View Full Version : US versus Canada airport security?

tailfins
09-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I have really had enough of the TSA. Has anyone here flown out of Montreal, Toronto or Halifax? How did the security checkpoint experience compare?

jafar00
09-23-2012, 07:25 AM
I have really had enough of the TSA. Has anyone here flown out of Montreal, Toronto or Halifax? How did the security checkpoint experience compare?

I can't say anything about the TSA because I haven't been to the US, but I can say that the worst I have experienced so far were Helsinki where they went through my carry on completely and questioned me in detail about every item. Even my free business class toothbrush. I also had less than friendly experiences in London and Zurich where I was questioned and searched. The best were Prague where they greet everyone with a smile and Frankfurt where they were also friendly, welcoming and courteous to their guests. Border security are not just there to enforce security, they are also ambassadors to their country and should keep that in mind when dealing with visitors. They are the first and last impression tourists get.

red states rule
09-23-2012, 08:17 AM
I can't say anything about the TSA because I haven't been to the US.

For that I say thank you

tailfins
09-23-2012, 08:38 AM
For that I say thank you

I would like to think you are an educated person. Do you really want to be part of the minimum wage masses? I DO condone prejudice, especially in drumming up support for a war, but such prejudice puts one in the factory worker class.

red states rule
09-23-2012, 09:14 AM
I would like to think you are an educated person. Do you really want to be part of the minimum wage masses? I DO condone prejudice, especially in drumming up support for a war, but such prejudice puts one in the factory worker class.

Allow me to explain

We have eneough people in America supporting Obama, blaming Jews for the problems in the ME, supporting terrorists and the murder of Jews and Americans, and turning a blind eye to the treatment of women in the ME

We have enough liberals in America and the last thing we need is another one

tailfins
09-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Allow me to explain

We have eneough people in America supporting Obama, blaming Jews for the problems in the ME, supporting terrorists and the murder of Jews and Americans, and turning a blind eye to the treatment of women in the ME

We have enough liberals in America and the last thing we need is another one

I'm just not a big fan of holding peoples opinion against them. 95+% of people spend less than 24 hours a YEAR doing anything about their politics. I prefer to look at how someone lives their everyday life. Does somebody scam others in their financial dealings? Are they competent in the work they do? (OK, so I may have the same contempt you do for government unions). Are they backstabbers, especially at work? People will change the way they vote when they change their character, not the other way around. A few people just happen to believe that liberalism works, which I can forgive. Others are liberals to feather their own nests, which I despise.

red states rule
09-23-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm just not a big fan of holding peoples opinion against them. 95+% of people spend less than 24 hours a YEAR doing anything about their politics. I prefer to look at how someone lives their everyday life. Does somebody scam others in their financial dealings? Are they competent in the work they do? (OK, so I may have the same contempt you do for government unions). Are they backstabbers, especially at work? People will change the way they vote when they change their character, not the other way around. A few people just happen to believe that liberalism works, which I can forgive. Others are liberals to feather their own nests, which I despise.

I based my opinion of him jar on his posts. Unless he is lying in his posts I am very pleased he has not been to America

Don't get me wrong, unlike most libs, I do not hate those with a different opinion on the role and size of government. I just wish there were not so many of them voting in the election

tailfins
09-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I based my opinion of him jar on his posts. Unless he is lying in his posts I am very pleased he has not been to America

Don't get me wrong, unlike most libs, I do not hate those with a different opinion on the role and size of government. I just wish there were not so many of them voting in the election

If he were in America, he would be asking when you would like your wake up call or if you would like extra towels.

Or alternatively, what flavor Slurpee would you like?

sundaydriver
09-23-2012, 04:51 PM

Please tell me what is wrong with most factory workers? Because the ones that I deal with handle multi million dollar control systems, about half have some college, and are held accountable when a mistake can be a 500K loss of materials & production. ;)

sundaydriver
09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
If he were in America, he would be asking when you would like your wake up call or if you would like extra towels.

Usually the people that companies fly internationally are worth the expense to the companies that they represent due to their knowledge and expertise.

If jafaro was in the states, it is obvious that the 2 of you would be nowhere near qualified to work for him.

That being said; I find the TSA for the most part is unprofessional and ill prepared compared to what I pass thru in Europe.

jafar00
09-23-2012, 05:06 PM

I have an MBA Finance and I'm the Director of an Australian financial company with an $80billion a month turnover. I would only be asking you those questions if you were a guest in my home :p

tailfins
09-23-2012, 05:18 PM
I have an MBA Finance and I'm the Director of an Australian financial company with an $80billion a month turnover. I would only be asking you those questions if you were a guest in my home :p

It was too tempting: I just couldn't resist.

Like it says at 7:50 - If I dood it, I get a whippin'. I dood it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg9IVhaSxPE

Toro
09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I travel through both somewhat regularly. There isn't much difference. Canada may be slightly less intrusive.