PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleaders barred from using Bible verses on football banners

red states rule
09-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Once again, another liberal gets "offended" over an example of another person's faith and has a hissy fit.

Why would any Judge allow such a stupid case in his/her court? The judge should tell this "offended" idiot to go get a life and grow up

And with the holidays just around the corner, the same idiots will be "offended" over the words "Merry Christmas" , "Christmas party", Christmas plays at our schools, and Christmas cards

Cheerleaders from a small southeastern Texas town have been told that they can no longer use Bible verses on their football game banners, leading to outrage in the community.For three straight weeks, Kountze High School football players town took the field by bolting through large red-and-white banners that hollered the praises of Jesus Christ.
Most people in Kountze viewed the banners as evidence of the students' admirable moral upbringing - Christianity and the Bible always had been fundamental to this town of 2,100.
But someone complained to a foundation that fights for the separation of church and state, and by Tuesday, a day after receiving a letter from the Freedom From Religion Foundation, the superintendent banned the banners, and the town became embroiled in a controversy that has touched other communities nationwide.
On Thursday, a judge granted a request by the nonprofit Liberty Institute law firm to temporarily bar the implementation of the ban. It also set a hearing for early October when the sides will be able to make their arguments. The cheerleaders planned to raise their 20-foot banners at Thursday evening's junior varsity football game

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57517189/texas-high-school-cheerleaders-barred-from-using-bible-verses-on-football-banners/

taft2012
09-23-2012, 08:36 AM
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/09/20/christ_620x350.jpg

Look at that image.

Only the sickest liberal mind could look at something so wholesome and American and say "I have to put a stop to this!"

Sort of like Joe Biden wondering what the cheerleaders can do on hard wood.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2012, 09:02 AM
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/09/20/christ_620x350.jpg

Look at that image.

Only the sickest liberal mind could look at something so wholesome and American and say "I have to put a stop to this!"

Sort of like Joe Biden wondering what the cheerleaders can do on hard wood.

You got it. They are indeed sick, sick in their minds. Wicked hearts breed very shallow minds...
They reject and hate Chrstianity because it convicts them of their lies and hatred while they are attempting to convince the world of their love, kindness and ever so magnificent enlightenment. None are so blind as are they that refuse to see....-Tyr

red states rule
09-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I do not know what PO's a liberal more

an anti Obama bumber sticker, a Nativity scene at Christmas time, or someone openely supporting their Christian religion

All three get the BP f of a liberal up about 30 points and causes the "tolerance" of a liberal to come to the surface