PDA

View Full Version : Where is glockmail?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2012, 09:11 AM
His last posts were on 9/15/2012. Guy had his head screwed on straight. We need to keep posters like that...
Anybody know the scoop on this? -Tyr

gabosaurus
09-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Glock is a very busy man. Unlike you, he has a job, a family and a lot of responsibilities. I am guessing he has little time for your cyber-homeless "Occupy Debate Policy" clique.

red states rule
09-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Glock is a very busy man. Unlike you, he has a job, a family and a lot of responsibilities. I am guessing he has little time for your cyber-homeless "Occupy Debate Policy" clique.

Once again, Gabby show the community she has all the warmth and charm of a scorpion

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Asian_forest_scorpion_in_Khao_Yai_National_Park.JP G/220px-Asian_forest_scorpion_in_Khao_Yai_National_Park.JP G

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2012, 01:03 PM

Your guesses serve no purpose other than to please your own fantastic ego and majestic vanity. I could have easily made guesses genius. The more you post the denser you seem. I am a busy man myself, I have family to care for and I do just that. My posts here are easy, I post my true thoughts with no lying. Its the liars and foolish liberal/dem/muslim appeasors that have such a hard time posting --keeping up with their own lies is a difficult task. I'm sure you know that quite well!-Tyr

glockmail
09-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks for your concern as well as admiration, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot.

My wife wanted to take a trip to Ireland for her birthday. Incredibly, she wanted me to go with her. Way too busy drinking Guinness draught to post! :laugh:

NightTrain
09-23-2012, 07:58 PM

Aren't you due back at the factory to get your bolts tightened?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks for your concern as well as admiration, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot.

My wife wanted to take a trip to Ireland for her birthday. Incredibly, she wanted me to go with her. Way too busy drinking Guinness draught to post! :laugh:

Man, thats nice. I have wanted to go visit Ireland for a very long time. Just couldnt sqeeze it in between our trips to Cebu , Philippines and Leyte. Got it on my agenda and will get there someday..
I trust that you did us proud on the Guinness drinking !--:beer:--Tyr

glockmail
09-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Man, thats nice. I have wanted to go visit Ireland for a very long time. Just couldnt sqeeze it in between our trips to Cebu , Philippines and Leyte. Got it on my agenda and will get there someday..
I trust that you did us proud on the Guinness drinking !--:beer:--Tyr
At the plant in Dublin they give you a lesson on how to pour the perfect pint, which I of course did perfectly. Then you get to drink it. A gal next to us didn't touch hers so I drank it for her.
:coffee:

After that we went to the Jameson plant.

gabosaurus
09-23-2012, 10:08 PM

A man returns from a vacation to Ireland and meets up with some friends.
"So where in Ireland did you go?"
"To the pub for some Guinness."
"Where was the pub?"
"It was in a really nice city that I can't remember the name of."
"Cork?"
"No, I'm pretty sure it was on tap."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
At the plant in Dublin they give you a lesson on how to pour the perfect pint, which I of course did perfectly. Then you get to drink it. A gal next to us didn't touch hers so I drank it for her. :coffee:

After that we went to the Jameson plant.

The gentlemanly thing to do alright. Even more so if she were a drop dead knock out! I dare say you didnt let us down..-;)--Tyr

glockmail
09-24-2012, 07:30 AM
A man returns from a vacation to Ireland and meets up with some friends.
"So where in Ireland did you go?"
"To the pub for some Guinness."
"Where was the pub?"
"It was in a really nice city that I can't remember the name of."
"Cork?"
"No, I'm pretty sure it was on tap." We popped a few corks in Cork.

glockmail
09-24-2012, 07:31 AM
The gentlemanly thing to do alright. Even more so if she were a drop dead knock out! I dare say you didnt let us down..-;)--Tyr Honestly don't remember. It was a couple who had left their table just prior to our arrival.

Nukeman
09-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Honestly don't remember. It was a couple who had left their table just prior to our arrival.
Trigg and I LOVED Ireland!!! WE stayed in Dublin for a week and traveled around to Killkinney and Glendelaugh (sp)

Loved the Guiness Brewery, did you notice the center was shaped like a huge glass??

If you get a chance go to the Temple Bar area and hit the Quays Pub.. Great place to hang out. Also don't forget to get some Smithwicks on tap, a little less filling than Guiness plus it doesn't bind you up as bad as the "dark stuff":laugh:

Have a great time, we are plannign a return trip inthe next 2 years....... LOVE IT THERE:beer:

glockmail
09-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Trigg and I LOVED Ireland!!! WE stayed in Dublin for a week and traveled around to Killkinney and Glendelaugh (sp)

Loved the Guiness Brewery, did you notice the center was shaped like a huge glass??

If you get a chance go to the Temple Bar area and hit the Quays Pub.. Great place to hang out. Also don't forget to get some Smithwicks on tap, a little less filling than Guiness plus it doesn't bind you up as bad as the "dark stuff":laugh:

Have a great time, we are plannign a return trip inthe next 2 years....... LOVE IT THERE:beer:

Yeah its shaped like a glass, made out of riveted steel plates and angles to form I beams and box columns, which dates it back to the early 20th century. On the 7th floor there is a circular bar with windows on all sides to view Dublin. They buy 75% of the barley crop in Ireland, and work with the farmers to supply seeds to ensure the best varieties.

Spent a night at Temple Bar area, and went to Quays. Since I am part Irish no beer can bind me up. :laugh:

The we drove to Killarney, stayed there for two nights, then on to Galway for two more, then back to Dublin and another night at Temple Bar.

The roads are fantastic. The M roads are better than our interstates, signed at 120 kph. I routinely did 140, and got as fast as 155 before the little Nissan diesel complained. Never saw a cop except to assist a motorist. The N Roads are similar to our two lanes, signed for 100. Lots of round-a bouts.

The local roads are narrow, signed for 80, but I usually only did 60 because they were so narrow. Pavement markings are a double yellow on the sides with a single white in the center, dashed for passing lanes. Lots of impenetrable hedge rows. When the pavement narrows they drop the side marks, then they drop the center. Lots of one-lane roads and bridges.

gabosaurus
09-24-2012, 11:41 AM
If you want to drive narrow, crooked roads, you should go to Northern Italy. I think ignoring traffic signs and signals is a national sport there. We went to Switzerland with my former college roommate driving and I thought my hair was going to turn white again. ;)

Little-Acorn
09-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Way too busy drinking Guinness draught to post! :laugh:

It's usually not "being busy" that keeps one from posting, when drinking Guinness. ;)

glockmail
09-24-2012, 02:31 PM
The Irish were good drivers, much better than Americans IMO. On the M roads no one hangs out in the passing lane like they do here. They use the passing lane to pass then immediately get back in the left (travel) lane. Here they hang out and assume nearly the same speed as the guy next to them, sometimes three or four lanes across. It's maddening.

glockmail
09-26-2012, 09:27 AM
The Irish are very friendly people. In Galway traffic and parking was a mess, and our hotel was several miles from the pubs and shopping so we called a cab from the hotel to drive us. The driver was there in no time and picked us up in his mid-sized Mercedes. You could eat off the floor of this cab. The guy was in his mid-50's and we talked about our kids and families. He told us about his son who now lives in Oregon, and called a few years back to tell them the he married his girlfriend. His wife was mad as hell for a week, but since have visited their son and new daughter-in-law several times. He gave us his wife's business card and told us to go to her store and ask for a discount. The fare came to 13 Euro and he would only take 10.

A few hours later we go to his wife's shop and introduced ourselves. She laughed and told us no, she was only mad for two days. I bought a beautiful wool sweater, "black watch" was the color that she stated. Its more like dark blue mixed with dark green. It was marked at 40 Euros and she only took 35. Along with the VAT savings my my cost was 29, a friggin' bargain.

After a few pub stops we stopped in to see her again and she called her husband to pick us up, and he was there in less than 5 minutes. Traffic was heavier and the fare was 14 Euro this time, but again he only took 10.