PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama's intelligence

jimnyc
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
She eats and looks like a slob and lectures others, but that's for another day.

So I'm assuming most have heard of the infamous "Underground Railroad" from back in the slavery days. Michelle Obama is black. She was addressing the Black Caucus. This idiot actually thought there was a railroad that people got on and rode. How sad that someone of her stature doesn't even know an integral part of black history. Too funny not to share, and it appears her and Barack are 2 idiots in a pod! Oh, and there's more! LOL

You know there should be some serious qualifications for being president and though most presidents have had wives and have been referred to as the “First Lady,” I’m wondering if there needs to be a qualification for that title as well. Michelle Obama not only brought up slavery and segregation as she addressed the Congressional Black Caucus on Saturday, but she apparently believes the Underground Railroad is an actual railroad.

Mrs. Obama said:
Now, back when our great-grandparents were riding that Underground Railroad, back when John Lewis was marching across that bridge in Selma, and Jim Clyburn was sitting in an Orangeburg jail, the injustices we faced were written in big, bold letters on the face of our laws. And while we may have had our differences over strategy, the battles we needed to fight were very clear.

Yes, it should have gotten several chuckles for sure. The real problem here is that she read it from a teleprompter, which means it was written beforehand and probably been fact checked by others, no doubt!

It gets worse though. Obviously playing to a large black audience, Mrs. Obama wanted to talk about slavery and segregation.

“We knew that to end slavery we needed a proclamation from our president and amendment to our Constitution,” said the first lady. “To end segregation, we needed the Supreme Court to overturn the lie of separate but equal. To reach the ballot box we needed Congress to pass the voting rights act … We moved forward and we won those battles and made progress that our parents and grandparents could never have dreamed of.”

“But today, while there are no more ‘whites only’ signs keeping us out, no one barring our children from the schoolhouse door, we know that our journey is far far from finished,” she told the audience.

Here’s an alert for Mrs. Obama. Segregation is over. Slavery is over. You didn’t experience either one. So please, stop patronizing people with dark skin.

But,of course Obama had to get her two cents worth in on nutrition. Yes, that’s right. The queen of the food Nazis put her best foot forward when it comes to foods people eat.

“What exactly do we do about children who are languishing in crumbling schools,” Obama asked. “What about kids growing up in neighborhoods where they don’t have opportunities worthy of their dreams. What about the 40% of black children who are overweight or obese, or the nearly 1 in 2 who are on track to develop diabetes in their lifetimes.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/09/michelle-obama-thinks-people-actually-rode-the-underground-railroad/#ixzz27Ug8Dyw1

Thunderknuckles
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Sorry Jim, I don't agree with you on this one. I don't believe Michelle was being literal in using the phrase "riding the Underground Railroad" but apparently the author of the this piece woke up on the wrong side of the bed and needed something to bitch about so they figured picking apart phrases from the First Lady's speech, and making assumptions, would satiate their desire to be an asshole for the day.

Aside from that, I've never been a fan of pieces deriding a First Lady regardless of her political affiliation. It makes the author look petty and small.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-25-2012, 10:35 AM
She eats and looks like a slob and lectures others, but that's for another day.

So I'm assuming most have heard of the infamous "Underground Railroad" from back in the slavery days. Michelle Obama is black. She was addressing the Black Caucus. This idiot actually thought there was a railroad that people got on and rode. How sad that someone of her stature doesn't even know an integral part of black history. Too funny not to share, and it appears her and Barack are 2 idiots in a pod! Oh, and there's more! LOL

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/09/michelle-obama-thinks-people-actually-rode-the-underground-railroad/#ixzz27Ug8Dyw1

Great find my friend. Myself, I've always held that a person should be held accountable no matter their station in life! No special protecton against the truth, I say!! If its true and its a negative too bad. First ladies are not to be immuned regardless of their skin color or their being married to a supposed "messiah" . Michelle has shown her true character and ARROGANCE repeatedly for all to see. Her sense of entitlement as well. Neither she nor her husband deserve EVEN AN OUNCE OF RESPECT FROM ANY DECENT PERSON IMO.-Tyr

glockmail
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I agree that she probably didn't mean it that way, but I disagree that she gets a pass just because she's the first lady. She injected herself into politics early on and has been instrumental in forcing government schools to change the menus to suit her personal beliefs. The term "Food Nazi" will forever describe her.

jimnyc
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Sorry Jim, I don't agree with you on this one. I don't believe Michelle was being literal in using the phrase "riding the Underground Railroad" but apparently the author of the this piece woke up on the wrong side of the bed and needed something to bitch about so they figured picking apart phrases from the First Lady's speech, and making assumptions, would satiate their desire to be an asshole for the day.

Aside from that, I've never been a fan of pieces deriding a First Lady regardless of her political affiliation. It makes the author look petty and small.

Based on the tens of ignorant comments she has made over the years, and her continual comments to black people as if she were a slave herself, and outright ignorant stances on health and her hypocrisy on the same subject - I simply think she's an idiot and have no doubt, that regardless of what she truly meant to say, she's an idiot. And while the author may have woke up on the wrong side of the bed, a list or chronological list of statements and actions she has done since becoming first "lady", shows that she has made more of a mockery of that position than anything.

And to add reality to my opinions of her statements, I'm willing to bet top dollar, that if one were to get a detailed list of the expenditures this woman has put on the taxpayers bill - would undoubtedly be higher than any other first lady in history, inflation included. And I'd also bet the same that she went on more vacation than any in history. And purchased more than any other in history.

Of course, some won't mind that she spent money while her husband is in office, and some will disagree with my opinions. But I think she is a snob, stuck up, degrading when she speaks & certainly now thinks she is Queen of the World. I mean, c'mon, for the first time in her life she is now proud of her country!

glockmail
09-25-2012, 10:40 AM
But she has an incredibly large ass...

sundaydriver
09-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Anyone of us has said stupid things and will continue to do so. Just sparingly we hope.

I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were," Romney said. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound."

They don't open because anyone who has flown as much as he has should at least know enough about the physics of flying to know that aircraft that size are pressurized so you don't asphyxiate and die at higher altitudes. And of course I would stick my arm out.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story)

Kathianne
09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Anyone of us has said stupid things and will continue to do so. Just sparingly we hope.

I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were," Romney said. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound."

They don't open because anyone who has flown as much as he has should at least know enough about the physics of flying to know that aircraft that size are pressurized so you don't asphyxiate and die at higher altitudes. And of course I would stick my arm out.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story)

What a silly post. There's no reason to believe that Romney, regardless of number of flights, would know such. Red herring.

aboutime
09-25-2012, 07:17 PM

​And WE all thank you sundaydriver for coming here to prove how truthful, and accurate your first line is, about you, above.

sundaydriver
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
What a silly post. There's no reason to believe that Romney, regardless of number of flights, would know such. Red herring.

:lol:

So dear red herring. Why do you think windows don't open on large high flying aircraft? Or do you think they should too?

sundaydriver
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
​And WE all thank you sundaydriver for coming here to prove how truthful, and accurate your first line is, about you, above.

Actually I was thinking of your posts when I wrote that. Sorry!