PDA

View Full Version : Ever own a cat?

jimnyc
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
If so, then you know this is basically true!

http://i.imgur.com/xBs84.jpg

Thunderknuckles
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks to my wife, I've owned about 30 of them things over time.
I think only about 2 of them were not self centered and actually were outgoing and friendly.

tailfins
09-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't like young cats because they are too fussy. I adopted a Siamese that was at least 10, possibly 13 years old. He was an old gentleman, the best natured cat I ever saw.

glockmail
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I've had ones with great personalities and others with shitty ones. The good ones have been feral, recused from the wild as kittens. The one that was recused at just days old and fed by an eyedropper was the best cat that I ever had. He systematically destroyed the rodent population in my house, then cleaned out the barn, then started on snakes in the hedgerow and finally frogs from a pond 1/2 mile away. The one I have now was rescued at I'm guessing 8 weeks, belly full of worms and he's now an ornery 11 year old. In spite of a nine year relationship he still hates my dog.

I've had two that didn't like kids and got rid of them. One was a barn cat, was a useless mouser for several years then when my kids started walking around rewarded me by shitting on their playroom carpet. He ended up "going to a farm". Another we adopted years later from a couple with two young kids and then he started pissing in our house so I sent him back to his original owners who then confessed that was why they wanted rid of him. They figured that he just didn't like their kids.

Thunderknuckles
09-25-2012, 12:25 PM
The one that was recused at just days old and fed by an eyedropper was the best cat that I ever had.
Now that you mention it, the two good ones I owned were also rescued by my wife and I after finding them left for dead in our backyard. We never knew what happened to their mother.
We nursed them to health just as you did. Good cats. The oldest is about 15 now.

gabosaurus
09-25-2012, 03:54 PM
In ancient Egypt, people worshiped cats.
Cats have never forgotten this.

Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/1/21/129085755836541479.jpg

logroller
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Honestly, I thought this was trick question. you never really own a cat.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 05:38 PM
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Funny-Cat-Pictures-cats-935657_500_375.jpg

Noir
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
One of my fav Christopher Hitchens quotes goes something like 'When you feed, shelter, and look after a dog, it thinks of you as a God. When you feed, shelter, and look after a cat, it thinks of itself as a God.'

red states rule
10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
One of my fav Christopher Hitchens quotes goes something like 'When you feed, shelter, and look after a dog, it thinks if you as a God. When you feed, shelter, and look after a cat, it thinks of itself as a God.'

As a cat owner I know for a fact that dogs have owners and cats have staff