PDA

View Full Version : Do you REALLY love sports?

jimnyc
09-26-2012, 08:39 AM
I dreamed of being a professional baseball or football player growing up. I was perhaps one of the smallest players in 6th-9th grade, but was considered a top tier QB and Pitcher. My Dad said it was from all the practice throwing snowballs at cars and rocks at whatever I can toss them at!! But as I progressed through high school, I barely grew much more, and graduated HS at like 5'8 and probably a buck 30 in weight, but I was a fanatical sports fan by then, I didn't care the sport, just enjoyed watching the best of the best.

Well, if you enjoy the best of the best, bad times and good times, sad times and shocking times, you'll appreciate this video. As a sports nut, I think I can recognize 95% of the people and events in this video. And fittingly, "Dream On" by Aerosmith is the main song playing in the background. VERY awesome video for a sports fan!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ldQwkO3Rxr4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

glockmail
09-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I stopped being a fan of pro sports when a bleacher seat to a ball game cost more than a fiver. The sports that I love are the ones that I'm participating in or my kids are.

gabosaurus
09-27-2012, 11:10 PM
The only sports I really get into are baseball and hockey. But I am gradually getting into soccer due to close acquaintances who play and officiate.
I have zero use for basketball. Football I can tolerate.
I won't go into my fascination with cricket and Aussie Rules Football since they are not played here.

Voted4Reagan
09-28-2012, 05:59 AM
I stopped being a fan of pro sports when a bleacher seat to a ball game cost more than a fiver. The sports that I love are the ones that I'm participating in or my kids are.

When a day at the Ball game with the kids starts costing $400. Time to get the season Package on TV.

gabosaurus
09-28-2012, 05:03 PM
When a day at the Ball game with the kids starts costing $400. Time to get the season Package on TV.

Where the heck are you sitting? I can get a decent seat at Dodger Stadium for 20 bucks.

krisy
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Baseball is my sport. I watch the Reds every night. If they arent on,I find another team to watch. The team has made it very affordable for people to go to games,and even let you take food into the stadium.

We are going to the playoffs which is exciting. Once baseball season is over,I'm bored.

Abbey Marie
10-13-2012, 07:54 PM

Good lord. For that much, I expect a limo ride, free-flowing champagne, and a sky box.

Scratch that; I wouldn't go to a baseball game even if it was free.

Now if you were talking football... :thumb:

Noir
10-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm a season ticket holder with the local ice hockey team (The Belfast Giants) and get to a handful of Ulster rugby games per year, but other than that I don't fuss too much over sports.