PDA

View Full Version : Obama leads in latest biased left-wing media poll

gabosaurus
09-26-2012, 03:48 PM
(CBS News) With less than six weeks until Election Day, President Obama has opened up significant leads over Mitt Romney in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida, according to a new Quinnipiac University/CBS News/New York Times poll of likely voters.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57520341/poll-obama-opens-substantial-leads-in-key-swing-states/?tag=cbsnewsLeadStoriesArea

Detailed findings:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/09/26/us/politics/20120926-poll.html

Little-Acorn
09-26-2012, 04:59 PM
As usual, I looked at the sources cited, to find out if this poll had surveyed huge numbers of Democrats to get their moderate edge for Obama.

And I found something interesting: Neither CBS nor the New York Times saw fit to tell their readers how many of the people they surveyed were Republicans, and how many were Democrats etc.!

And when I went to Quinnipiac's own website to try to find that info, I discovered they had also carefully left it out of their own poll!

Looks like these polling companies are starting to run scared, of people who don't take their word for their "findings" and want the unvarnished truth.

I do wonder why they decided to not tell us who they surveyed. You don't suppose.....??

Naw.

glockmail
09-26-2012, 05:20 PM
On Monday Rasmussen will start to count the "leaners" in it's headline numbers. Expect to see a big jump to the GOP side then.

Missileman
09-26-2012, 06:30 PM
No sampling data from Ohio, but Florida was 7% more Dems than GOP and PA was 11% more. The numbers from Ohio must have been so skewed that they were ashamed to post them.

gabosaurus
09-26-2012, 06:37 PM
No sampling data from Ohio, but Florida was 7% more Dems than GOP and PA was 11% more. The numbers from Ohio must have been so skewed that they were ashamed to post them.

Where are you obtaining this information? Is it possible they could be asking random people without knowing their political affiliation? Or are they specifically targeting people that have "Obama" stamped on them?

Kathianne
09-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Where are you obtaining this information? Is it possible they could be asking random people without knowing their political affiliation? Or are they specifically targeting people that have "Obama" stamped on them?

Gabby, OMG! From the internals of the polls. You are university educated, right?

Missileman
09-26-2012, 06:47 PM

The question halfway down page 15 in the attachment of the NYT link.

Anton Chigurh
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
1980 baby.... 1980.

gabosaurus
09-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Gabby, OMG! From the internals of the polls. You are university educated, right?

Um..THIS WAS ONE OF THE SURVEY QUESTIONS!!
The poll takers did not know any of this information before they took the survey.

Prove to me that the pollsters knew they were questioning more Dems than Republicans in advance.

gabosaurus
09-26-2012, 10:48 PM
1980 baby.... 1980.

Neither candidate is following four years of Gerald Ford and then four years of Jimmy Carter.
Mitt Romney is not Ronald Reagan.
As far as I know, Romney is not arranging any "arms for hostages" deals with Middle East insurgents that would give him an edge.

glockmail
09-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Neither candidate is following four years of Gerald Ford and then four years of Jimmy Carter.
As far as I know, Romney is not arranging any "arms for hostages" deals with Middle East insurgents that would give him an edge. Retarded.

gabosaurus
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I knew you wouldn't have an intelligent response. :cool:

glockmail
09-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Gigo

Missileman
09-27-2012, 05:06 AM
As far as I know, Romney is not arranging any "arms for hostages" deals with Middle East insurgents that would give him an edge.

It was 2 years of Ford and 4 years of Carter...with the job Obama's doing, they're now known as the Golden Years.

aboutime
09-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Retarded.

glockmail. Most all of us know. Gabby is an insult to anyone like that. They at least have the ability to Think on their own.

gabosaurus
09-27-2012, 11:05 PM
glockmail. Most all of us know. Gabby is an insult to anyone like that. They at least have the ability to Think on their own.

A lot of challenged kids can write and comprehend the English language. Which obviously you can not. Perhaps you can utilize your retirement and get your GED.

logroller
09-28-2012, 04:24 AM
Attacking a poll because it exposes partisan politics...duh!

To those who pay attention to polls, a few questions:
1) Is there a scientifically correct way to conduct poll?
2) Do you think Ohio's, Florida's etc. voting base is going to be directly motivated by these poll results?
3) If I conducted a poll outside a union hall or business-owners assn hall, do you think it's results will adversely affect the voting base of either party?

It's not as though polls are publicly warranted. IMHO, these pollsters (and the PACs which fund them) make money doing these polls and that's why they do them. Not because it has some profound truth-finding behind it; its political pandering. You don't see a lot of pollsters asking who Californians and Texans are voting for president, because everybody knows which way those states are gonna vote; so there's no way PACs are gonna dump a lot more money into those campaign areas, so neither do they poll there. They do, however, take great interest in the "swing states", because that's where they'll put the most money. The questions asked are important; who you gonna vote for and which way you swing counts for something, but there's only one "poll" which really matters and every poll prior to that one is for the politicians and PACs, not the People. The general public paying attention to polls is like rooting on a team based on the fanfare.

You wanna see the real truth behind these polls, compare the point margin with the PAC spending/donations... what a racket politics have become.

taft2012
09-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Um..THIS WAS ONE OF THE SURVEY QUESTIONS!!
The poll takers did not know any of this information before they took the survey.

Prove to me that the pollsters knew they were questioning more Dems than Republicans in advance.

Do you know anything about professional polling? Do you think they walk up to people blindly on the street and ask them questions?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-28-2012, 08:19 AM
A lot of challenged kids can write and comprehend the English language. Which obviously you can not. Perhaps you can utilize your retirement and get your GED.

When are you going to get yours??