PDA

View Full Version : Why Would 6 Girls Beat A Mentally Challenged Woman?

Kathianne
09-29-2012, 02:11 AM
I don't get this. Seems nature brings out 'nurture' of the defenseless in most of us. Why would this poor woman be attacked?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/09/28/facebook-posting-of-womans-beating-gets-4-girls-arrested-in-chester-pa/

Chester Police: All 6 Female Suspects In Videotaped Beating In Custody

September 28, 2012 6:30 PM

By Tim Jimenez, Diana Rocco, Todd Quinones

CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — Authorities in Chester say all six suspects have been arrested in connection with the videotaped beating of a mentally challenged woman. (See Related Story (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/09/27/videotaped-beating-of-48-year-old-woman-in-chester-under-investigation/))

The suspects have been identified as Takia Edwards, Anye Dennis, Rahmirayah Henderson, Jasmir Womack and sisters Jamia Davis and Jonyea Bell.

It was an attack “for fun,” according to police. Authorities say a group of girls, ages 16 and 17, punched and kicked the 48-year-old mentally challenged woman as she was sitting in front of her home.

The victim then tried to get back inside, but police say the girls followed her, continuing the attack that lasted about a minute and a half.

During the attack, the teens could be heard laughing and screaming obscenities while the victim screamed for them to stop.

Police say the incident happened earlier this week and was recorded on one of the suspects’ cell phones, then posted on Facebook.

The victim did not come forward to police, but she has now received medical attention. Police say her physical injuries were not serious.

“It’s just unbearable and we won’t tolerate this,” Chester Mayor John Linder said...

Video, which is more than a bit disturbing:

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2012/09/27/news/doc506486d756225291567064.txt

Kathianne
09-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Juxtaposition:

http://fox2now.com/2012/09/27/freeburg-h-s-opens-its-hearts-for-homecoming-queen/

Also high school girls. These are the majority of young people, regardless of headlines.

Voted4Reagan
09-29-2012, 05:28 AM
The Religion of Peace Strikes again...

Watch Video in this Link

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8827362

tailfins
09-29-2012, 06:59 AM
It kind of puts George Zimmerman into perspective, doesn't it?

Trigg
09-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Why??? Because they're animals who spare no thought for other people.

Missileman
09-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Why??? Because they're animals who spare no thought for other people.

Animals is the exact word I was going to use. Sounds like they'll try to use this "pack mentality" as a temporary insanity defense.

taft2012
09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
I see some variation of this story all the time....

The question they're asking themselves isn't "Why?"

It's; "Why not?"

And if they ask you "Why not?" what do you tell them?

Thunderknuckles
09-29-2012, 09:27 AM
I see some variation of this story all the time....

The question they're asking themselves isn't "Why?"

It's; "Why not?"

And if they ask you "Why not?" what do you tell them?
You beat the shit out of them and ask them how they liked it.

Abbey Marie
09-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I drive by Chester, and have used the hospital there on occasion. It's a very nasty area.

Nukeman
09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
I drive by Chester, and have used the hospital there on occasion. It's a very nasty area.And that makes it ok?? Just because an area is "nasty" does not give the residents carte blanche to do as they wish..

I know you're not saying that Abbey:beer:. It's a nasty area because the ANIMALS have won and no one will put the deseased and defective animals down!!!! We need a lot more swift and immediate jsutice in my opinion..

Kathianne
09-29-2012, 09:55 AM
The Religion of Peace Strikes again...

Watch Video in this Link

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8827362

I'd seen that the mother of the two girls mentioned in the article appeared to be Muslim. This though seems more on the level of street gangs. The fact though that your article says one of the girls threatened to 'firebomb' a patrol car does give pause.

Mr. P
09-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Police say they are getting no cooperation from the girls, whom they describe as arrogant and defiant, even threatening to fire bomb a police officer's car.

Give em a year in jail to work on their attitude.

Dilloduck
09-29-2012, 10:33 AM
It's their culture but the excuse is that they are poor. Don't insult their race or there will be riots.

tailfins
09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Give em a year in jail to work on their attitude.

Are you going liberal on us? A year in jail for threatening to firebomb a cop car? That should be an additional felony. Each violent felony should get 4-8 years each if convicted.

gabosaurus
09-29-2012, 12:00 PM

Yes, let's invoke Sharia Law on them. Then we make them wear burqas to school for a month. :rolleyes:

Voted4Reagan
09-29-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd seen that the mother of the two girls mentioned in the article appeared to be Muslim. This though seems more on the level of street gangs. The fact though that your article says one of the girls threatened to 'firebomb' a patrol car does give pause.

The Mother of the RINGLEADER is Muslim...

Kathianne
09-29-2012, 12:06 PM

I saw that. She didn't sound like a truly caring parent, rather ready to justify her daughters actions. I agree with that. However, I've seen the same behavior of parents that aren't Muslim.

gabosaurus
09-29-2012, 12:07 PM

Wow, so that filters down to the entire group and influences their thinking?

Apparently some of you have limited experiences with gangs and are clueless how they think or operate. It's an entirely different level of mentality. You can't compare them to normal people.

fj1200
09-29-2012, 12:31 PM

You find one little fact and run with it don't you?

tailfins
09-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Wow, so that filters down to the entire group and influences their thinking?

Apparently some of you have limited experiences with gangs and are clueless how they think or operate. It's an entirely different level of mentality. You can't compare them to normal people.

I was in a cranky mood when someone sent me a fake cashier's check complete with fingerprints from handling the wet ink. I decided to ask Scotland Yard to check out the address and they said it was too dangerous for them. What do you people think of isolating certain areas and just let the criminals kill each other off which seems to be what they do in some parts of London?

Abbey Marie
09-29-2012, 02:24 PM
And that makes it ok?? Just because an area is "nasty" does not give the residents carte blanche to do as they wish..

I know you're not saying that Abbey:beer:. It's a nasty area because the ANIMALS have won and no one will put the deseased and defective animals down!!!! We need a lot more swift and immediate jsutice in my opinion..

For a minute, I thought you really misunderstood me! People can debate cause and effect till the cows come home, but I know from my own experince that it's the people who turn a neighborhood to crap. And income level is not the determinant.

Voted4Reagan
09-29-2012, 04:03 PM
I was in a cranky mood when someone sent me a fake cashier's check complete with fingerprints from handling the wet ink. I decided to ask Scotland Yard to check out the address and they said it was too dangerous for them. What do you people think of isolating certain areas and just let the criminals kill each other off which seems to be what they do in some parts of London?

Lets Start with DETROIT...CAMDEN,NJ, CHESTER PA

aboutime
09-29-2012, 05:12 PM
People are TAUGHT to hate. Only one answer, only reason. Doesn't matter who they are, or where they live. Hatred, Ignorance, Stupidity, and Selfishness are all TAUGHT to human beings.

Difference is. Some who practice hatred were BORN that way despite the people who insist otherwise. Born to parents who hate. You become just like them.

With this case. Obviously. Those six girls were jealous about meeting someone much smarter than they were.

Thunderknuckles
09-30-2012, 01:17 AM
Yes, let's invoke Sharia Law on them. Then we make them wear burqas to school for a month. :rolleyes:
No, lets invoke the "Golden Rule" on them. If they want to beat the shit out of someone for no good reason, then they should have the shit beat out of them to understand their own actions.

logroller
09-30-2012, 03:04 AM
For a minute, I thought you really misunderstood me! People can debate cause and effect till the cows come home, but I know from my own experince that it's the people who turn a neighborhood to crap. And income level is not the determinant.
It's idle time...put them to work scrubbing graffiti, cleaning out abandoned houses, picking up trash out of the same alleys their cohorts get drunk and high in... theres always something to be done. Make them invest in their community, learn what work is and how that crap people do that muck up th world has to be dealt with. This whole, put them in jail with three hots and a cot method of incarceration is crap, and probation is, at best, 50% effective. More like 10% I'd bet. Gabby made some remark about burkas or some shit; I think she was joking, but there's really nothing funny about that or this whole story-- its disgusting and turning a blind eye through explaining away how poor and gang-like they are just gives society a way out. Worse yet, it degrades them further-- by their own volition, they're already an embarrassment to themselves and their community-- so any punishment that serves to ridicule them further is pointless. Jail, ie putting them with a bunch of other yahoos, isn't gonna teach them anything but breaking the law puts you in like company and there's even worse laws to break. Community service, an hour for every dollar of restitution; and if they refuse to do the work, put them in solitary for a day and tell them that counts as one hour of community service-- their choice. I'll bet theres plenty of criminals who'd gladly build them the cell. if not, well, I've been looking for a opportunity for a way to serve the community myself.

taft2012
09-30-2012, 07:07 AM

A good suggestion, but an option we've taken away from our police long ago.

In Chicago, Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam reaps high praises for stemming the bloodshed in the housing developments they commit to policing themselves. However, the methods they use would give them (and liberals in general) apoplexies if regular police used them (beatings, enhanced interrogations, tortured confessions, etc.)

And it all goes on without much attention from the mainstream news media.

And it all translates to this: smacking around criminals, hassling their known associates for information, beatings, etc.... That's all good to the American people.

What we simply can not have is this being done to someone "because he is black", which perception the Nation of Islam eradicates.

Frankly, it's insanity from top to bottom. Our system has more faith in the Nation of Islam than in its police.

logroller
09-30-2012, 07:41 AM

In Chicago, Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam reaps high praises for stemming the bloodshed in the housing developments they commit to policing themselves. However, the methods they use would give them (and liberals in general) apoplexies if regular police used them (beatings, enhanced interrogations, tortured confessions, etc.)

And it all goes on without much attention from the mainstream news media.

And it all translates to this: smacking around criminals, hassling their known associates for information, beatings, etc.... That's all good to the American people.

What we simply can not have is this being done to someone "because he is black", which perception the Nation of Islam eradicates.

Frankly, it's insanity from top to bottom. Our system has more faith in the Nation of Islam than in its police.
First off, let me say I've good friends in law enforcement. Like really good friends. The kind I've known since forever. It's a shitty job dealing with the social misfits that, in a tactful sense, society would rather they just disappear. I mean sure, these fuckups have people who love them and would miss them, but the primary group that would notice their disappearance would be those who we would likely see disappear along with them. Sad but true; it hurts me to say it.
that people such as yourself deal with these people serves a public interest. I don't if thank you really cuts it; perhaps condolences are in order.

With that said; and in regards to what I emboldened in your post -- fuck no it's not!

If beating people becomes you, even from a justicial POV, you're part of the problem. That only fuels the 'fuck the system' hood rats' rage. I appreciate how you have come to that belief, the system is flailing, but don't fall victim to it yourself. I can only guess you have some outstanding benefits for mental health, stress etc-- I suggest you take advantage of it. Just my dollar- fifty.

tailfins
09-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Lets Start with DETROIT...CAMDEN,NJ, CHESTER PA

However, this raises a question: What would happen if a money counterfeiting operation were set up in a "no police" zone?

Actually, our current system does something worse than beating: A life-long criminal record. It actually pushes people back into crime.

gabosaurus
09-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Actually, our current system does something worse than beating: A life-long criminal record. It actually pushes people back into crime.

Too bad most hardliners don't understand this. We need to catch kids before they move into the maelstrom of violence. Unfortunately, our government has moved away from providing diversions and programs for young children.

fj1200
09-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Too bad most hardliners don't understand this. We need to catch kids before they move into the maelstrom of violence. Unfortunately, our government has moved away from providing diversions and programs for young children.

Unfortunately our government has moved toward coddling and enabling poor decision making by those who should be responsible for young children.

Thunderknuckles
09-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Jeez Gabby. Sometimes you liberals scare the crap out of me. You honestly believe that it is the responsibility of Government to set children on the right course.
I know you would never have the same expectation for your own children. Why anyone else? This is a parent's job as you would agree.

Whoever these mothers and fathers are, they need to come to terms with the fact that they have failed in the most important job of their entire lives and hold their heads in shame.

tailfins
09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Jeez Gabby. Sometimes you liberals scare the crap out of me. You honestly believe that it is the responsibility of Government to set children on the right course.
I know you would never have the same expectation for your own children. Why anyone else? This is a parent's job as you would agree.

Whoever these mothers and fathers are, they need to come to terms with the fact that they have failed in the most important job of their entire lives and hold their heads in shame.

While I'm loathe to defend Gabby, she's right in this case. She's not pushing a new bureaucracy, rather a mechanism to clear some criminal records. Or I guess we could save time by imposing 30 year sentences for shoplifting since the criminal record will block even a remorseful offender from employment, pressuring them to earn money illegally. We can sentence them for future crimes they might commit.