PDA

View Full Version : Don’t let up on the fake Indian, Scott.

tailfins
10-01-2012, 07:18 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view/20220930stick_to_your_guns_scott/srvc=home&position=0

One last thing: If she brings up Sen. Jim Inhofe again, tell her if she’s really worried about him she ought to think about running against him. In her home state of Oklahoma.

logroller
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Technically, Native Americans are fake Indians. It's a long-standing misnomer, but wrong nonetheless. In a related story, the world isn't flat.

tailfins
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Technically, Native Americans are fake Indians. It's a long-standing misnomer, but wrong nonetheless. In a related story, the world isn't flat.

Hail the great Fauxcahontas, and the Governor who endorses her, Sitting Bullcrap.

logroller
10-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Hail the great Fauxcahontas, and the Governor who endorses her, Sitting Bullcrap.

Oh that's good stuff-- racism's funny. Goes great with nationalism. :salute:

tailfins
10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh that's good stuff-- racism's funny. Goes great with nationalism. :salute:

That's much worse than defrauding affirmative action programs. Or you just talking out your rear end? Your replies show no knowledge of Tin Lizzie.

logroller
10-01-2012, 06:29 PM
That's much worse than defrauding affirmative action programs. Or you just talking out your rear end? Your replies show no knowledge of Tin Lizzie.

What one considers worse is a matter of opinion; it's relative. It would follow that the oppressor would consider pejorative racial terms a lesser offense to false-ridership on restorative policies.

My knowledge of Harvard's use of affirmative action regarding the appointment of Warren comes from a 1994 interview with then Harvard dean robert clark, who stated it was actively hiring women, and said nothing about her being Native American. If you have some evidence which refutes that, I'd be pleased to see it presented. Otherwise, I'm left only to consider the racially insensitive context to determine what end you speak from.

mundame
10-02-2012, 08:14 AM
My knowledge of Harvard's use of affirmative action regarding the appointment of Warren comes from a 1994 interview with then Harvard dean robert clark, who stated it was actively hiring women, and said nothing about her being Native American. If you have some evidence which refutes that, I'd be pleased to see it presented. Otherwise, I'm left only to consider the racially insensitive context to determine what end you speak from.

Are you saying Harvard only hired Warren for being female, and not because she claimed to be an Indian?

I understood from news reports that there was a claim by Harvard that she was Indian in official papers, as if to blow their own horn about hiring minorities. If she isn't actually an Indian, and it seems she is not, then both parties, Warren and Harvard, made false claims to benefit from affirmative action. Am I right?