PDA

View Full Version : Debate....Romeny isn't letting Obama get away with his lies

SassyLady
10-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Watching the debate and very impressed with Romney coming back at Obama and telling him that no matter how many times you repeat something doesn't make it true if it was a lie to begin with.

Will be interesting to see what the pundits have to say.

I predict, at this point, Win for Romney.

Gaffer
10-03-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree. It was a Romney win. Of course it's hard to even listen to the POS. Had to force myself. But Romney made a lot of sense and came across well. They both seemed a little stiff and were trying to be civil with each other.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Watching the debate and very impressed with Romney coming back at Obama and telling him that no matter how many times you repeat something doesn't make it true if it was a lie to begin with.

Most pundits will give the edge to bamboy. Not because its true but because they are not!-Tyr

Gaffer
10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
They have too. But, watching Greta, and it seems some of his supporters were talking about how bad he did. That's funny.

krisy
10-03-2012, 10:18 PM
A for Romney! I thought he was very passionate about economy and middle class.He stood up for himself against that evil moderator too! heehee Even the jokers on CNN agree that he won!! You can tell money and numbers are this guys passion.

Obama looked tired from the time he walked on stage.

gabosaurus
10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Didn't watch the debate. Read about it after the fact.
Seems to me that neither candidate was very candid. Fact checkers for both are wearing themselves out.
Main criticism of Romney -- hinted at a lot, said very little. Talked about his plans for economy and heath care, but refused to give details.
Main criticism of Obama -- Talked too much and said too little. Responses were very wordy and too academic for a TV debate.
Main criticism of debate itself -- the moderator was way too soft, allowing Romney and Obama to talk over him and ignore preset debate rules. Allowed both to ignore his questions. Totally ineffective.

Kathianne
10-03-2012, 10:28 PM
A for Romney! I thought he was very passionate about economy and middle class.He stood up for himself against that evil moderator too! heehee Even the jokers on CNN agree that he won!! You can tell money and numbers are this guys passion.

Obama looked tired from the time he walked on stage.

The folks on MSNBC looked like a skunk had died. Chris Matthews looked like he was gonna cry!

krisy
10-03-2012, 10:42 PM
CNN 's "who won the debate" poll- Romney 67 percent to Obama 25

Kathianne
10-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Tweets have been gratifying, just a few of many at hotair. Can find a bunch of funny and whining and gloating by going to twitter:

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/03/romney-wins/

Romney wins; Update: CBS insta-poll shows decisive Romney victory; Update: Romney crushes Obama in CNN insta-poll posted at 10:44 pm on October 3, 2012 by Allahpundit
I said in the open thread that the media would strain to spin this as an Obama victory, but I assumed that he’d give them something, however small, to work with. He gave them nothing. The Hill’s (http://thehill.com/video/campaign/260147-aggressive-romney-blasts-obama-for-his-qtrickle-down-governmentq) post-debate headline is “Romney lands punches against subdued Obama in first debate,” but that doesn’t remotely capture it. How bad was it for Team O? Dude (https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/253680489850892289):
http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mah.jpg
More reaction from Twitter below. A rare moment of bipartisan consensus for America:

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/3.jpg
http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/4.jpg

SassyLady
10-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Didn't watch the debate. Read about it after the fact.
Seems to me that neither candidate was very candid. Fact checkers for both are wearing themselves out.
Main criticism of Romney -- hinted at a lot, said very little. Talked about his plans for economy and heath care, but refused to give details.
Main criticism of Obama -- Talked too much and said too little. Responses were very wordy and too academic for a TV debate.
Main criticism of debate itself -- the moderator was way too soft, allowing Romney and Obama to talk over him and ignore preset debate rules. Allowed both to ignore his questions. Totally ineffective.

Too bad you didn't watch it Gabby, because then you could speak from your own perspective instead of parroting what others are saying.

Thunderknuckles
10-04-2012, 12:19 AM

Best line of the night. Doubt it will go down as one of the memorable ones but good nonetheless. I suspect liberals will call it racist since he equated Obama to one of his "boys".

I think Romney won on the issues no doubt.
However, Obama did kick Romney's ass in one area: He looked into the camera several times and addressed the people while Romney spent the entire night looking at Obama and chastising him. Now, this gives Republican a tingle in their legs to be sure but what about undecided voters? I think Obama did a better job connecting with these people, despite what the CNN poll says.
My only other critique of Romney was his lack of passion. I would never even have considered this critique until near the end of the debate when Romney lit up like a firework when talking about government. That was genuine emotion and I was inspired. Had he talked like that throughout the entire debate, we could have just cancelled the next two outright. I hope his advisors saw it as well. That will win him the election.

10-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Romney won. No contest. He won on style, enthusiasm, graciousness, humor, and substance.

I would have liked to have heard him articulate conservative principles more often and stronger. But he did well. He essentially undid the 6 month of campaign ads Obama has bene running trying to paint him as an out of touch wall street tycoon who doesn't care about anybody. He demonstrated knowledge, commanded the debate, and was all around Presidential. And he was completely relaxed and himself

Obama wasnt as arrogant as usual. He was stiff though. He looked tired. He may have scored some points on the health care debate. But his argument was like "my prize legislation was based on your ideas. Vote for me!" Not very convincing. He just didnt want to be there tonight. Considering it was his anniversary, I dont blame him.

The left wing pundits are in meltdown mode. Even the MSNBC nuts had to acknowledge Romney won.

Now some of the "fact checkers" are trying to claim Romney was lying all night. I saw one who actually tried to claim that Romney lied when he said Obama didn't break his promise to cut the deficit in half. I was just like... holy crap and you expect us to believe anything else you told us? Really?

Good job tonight, soon to be President Romney.

red states rule
10-04-2012, 01:44 AM
When MSNBC is having this kind of meltdown you know Obama was BAD!!!!!

First Ed Schultz has "disappointed"

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/ed-schultz-i-was-disappointed-president-i-was-absolutely-stunned-tonight

Gov O' Malley refers to President Romney

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/dem-debate-meltdown-obama-surrogate-refers-president-romney

and Cris Matthews tells Obama to get his talking points from MSNBC. Overall Romney showed what a manchild President Obama is, and how Romney is ready for prime time.

http://youtu.be/7AzmXeZgGS0

If the liberal media is this PO'd over a debate I cannot wait until Election night. Chris Matthews may have a stroke and heart attack live on the air

red states rule
10-04-2012, 02:00 AM
I agree. It was a Romney win. Of course it's hard to even listen to the POS. Had to force myself. But Romney made a lot of sense and came across well. They both seemed a little stiff and were trying to be civil with each other.

What debate were these people watching? Not the same one the rest of us, and Chris Matthews, was watching

http://youtu.be/jP3cIxu_Lc0

red states rule
10-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Best line of the night. Doubt it will go down as one of the memorable ones but good nonetheless. I suspect liberals will call it racist since he equated Obama to one of his "boys".

I think Romney won on the issues no doubt.
However, Obama did kick Romney's ass in one area: He looked into the camera several times and addressed the people while Romney spent the entire night looking at Obama and chastising him. Now, this gives Republican a tingle in their legs to be sure but what about undecided voters? I think Obama did a better job connecting with these people, despite what the CNN poll says.
My only other critique of Romney was his lack of passion. I would never even have considered this critique until near the end of the debate when Romney lit up like a firework when talking about government. That was genuine emotion and I was inspired. Had he talked like that throughout the entire debate, we could have just cancelled the next two outright. I hope his advisors saw it as well. That will win him the election.

THere is no better way to start a day then reading how depressed the libs are over Obama's debate performance

First the reaction to Obama's terrible night - then the spin begins from his re-election team in the liberal media

UPDATE (first of many) - Final talk time: Obama 42:50, Romney 38:30.UPDATE II - Rachel Maddow says she "doesn't know" who won the debate, but she's very angry about the "format." I think we know what that means.
UPDATE III - Buzzfeed instant headline (http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/how-mitt-romney-won-the-first-debate): "How Romney won the first debate."
UPDATE IV - CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "This was a pretty good night for Romney."
UPDATE V- MSNBC's Ed Schultz: "Angry and stunned" by the debate, laments that Obama was "off his game."
UPDATE VI - Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Moore (http://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/253682688177893377): "This is what happens when u pick John Kerry as your debate coach."
UPDATE VII - Hell has frozen over (http://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/253687614828339200). Cutter: "Romney won the preparation and the style points."
UPDATE VIII - CBS: "Obama gets snippy (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/obama-gets-snippy-with-lehrer-i-had-5-seconds-before-you-interrupted-me/)."
UPDATE IX - Romney's clear win isn't just (http://nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/incumbent-debate-curse-barack-obama-falls-to-mitt-romney-20121003) the conservative meme, folks:

Call it the curse of incumbency. Like many of his predecessors, President Obama fell victim Wednesday night to high expectations, a short fuse, and a hungry challenger. If Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney didn’t win the first of three presidential debates outright, he more than covered the spread. He was personable, funny, and relentlessly on the attack against Obama. The president looked peeved, flat, and -- this is the incumbent’s curse – irritated as he carried a conversation with somebody telling him he’s wrong for the first time in four years...Privately, some Democratic strategists said the challenger got the best of the president. “We got our clock cleaned,” said a Democratic strategist who spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of retribution. The strategist had reviewed results of polls and focus groups of the debate.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/10/03/romney_dominates_in_first_debate

DragonStryk72
10-04-2012, 04:11 AM

Wow, I literally just finished watching the debate. I decided to DVR the debate, so I could skip all the commentary and such that just didn't need to be there. Was anyone watching Obama while Romney was talking? It was the same look I'd get when I got sent to the principal's office in school.

Romney really dominated this debate, and in a big a way. He was confident in the way he spoke, and he kept taking Obama to task about repeating the same argument again and again. When Obama hit like five subjects at once, Romney was on that too, and asked to break them point by point.

Obama... every time he gave an answer, it was either a cut down of Romney using information that Romney directly refuted, several times, or it was the stuttering stammering response that didn't really go anywhere.

So Round 1 goes to Romney. Obama's gonna need to work hard to pick up that slack this week.

mundame
10-04-2012, 06:33 AM
The folks on MSNBC looked like a skunk had died.

Good line....
;)

tailfins
10-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Too bad you didn't watch it Gabby, because then you could speak from your own perspective instead of parroting what others are saying.

That would require work on her part. I told you I nailed it when identifying her as a jobsworth.

Noir
10-04-2012, 07:27 AM
An awful debate imo, right from the off when the moderator asked Romney if he had a 'question for Obama'...and he proceeded to list and explain his '5 point plan' to when Obama was asked for a '5 second reply' to a comment Romney made, and he proceeded to talk about the deficit, tax cuts, Medicare, and energy independence.

The whole thing just felt like two men lying to each other about, each other, would be very disappointed if this is the best either can do.

DragonStryk72
10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
An awful debate imo, right from the off when the moderator asked Romney if he had a 'question for Obama'...and he proceeded to list and explain his '5 point plan' to when Obama was asked for a '5 second reply' to a comment Romney made, and he proceeded to talk about the deficit, tax cuts, Medicare, and energy independence.

The whole thing just felt like two men lying to each other about, each other, would be very disappointed if this is the best either can do.

Fair cop. Our debates over here have gotten to the point where they aren't true debates any more, but it's been going that way for years now.

Thunderknuckles
10-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Fair cop. Our debates over here have gotten to the point where they aren't true debates any more, but it's been going that way for years now.
Have to agree there. The formats are awful and leave no room for a discussion, just talking points and quips for the most part. Gingrich had it right with respect to bringing back the Lincoln-Douglas style debates.

mundame
10-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Reuters is saying European pols are now afraid Obama won't win.

They prefer Obama --- they figure he's easier to roll, I suppose. They were able to talk him into doing Libya, and the U.S. doing most of the shooting and air support in that war. Obama is always apologizing for America, so no wonder they approve of him.

Robert A Whit
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
The folks on MSNBC looked like a skunk had died. Chris Matthews looked like he was gonna cry!

You mean to tell me that Kris Matthewskov did not have that tingle running up his leg this time?

OMG:laugh:

Thunderknuckles
10-04-2012, 12:13 PM
You mean to tell me that Kris Matthewskov did not have that tingle running up his leg this time?

OMG:laugh:
I think the tingle was running down his leg this time from wetting himself.

Kathianne
10-04-2012, 12:57 PM

I disagree. This debate was as close as one will get to the Lincoln-Douglas debates in this age of television. Both had their chance to state their stance, the other to rebut, the first to respond and sometimes it went beyond that. Perhaps 2 hours would have been better, but television is about $$$.

logroller
10-04-2012, 01:07 PM

That's why I vote for whomever is ahead in the polls. :laugh:

DragonStryk72
10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I disagree. This debate was as close as one will get to the Lincoln-Douglas debates in this age of television. Both had their chance to state their stance, the other to rebut, the first to respond and sometimes it went beyond that. Perhaps 2 hours would have been better, but television is about $$$.

So you agree that our debates are crap. You just gave the "Yeah, but what the fuck are you gonna do?" response there, Kath. They don't get asked hard questions, they're given the questions in advance so that there aren't any surprises, and the moderator isn't allowed to call shenanigans on any of it. In a true debate, the moderator would have called Obama out for continuing to quote that $5T tax cut nonsense after Romney just flat out slapped it down.

We watched a rather civilized argument, but that was not a true debate. See, over in the UK, they have to fully explain themselves, not short selling your plans. Of course, they also curse like sailors in parliament, but I don't see that as such a bad thing.

red states rule
10-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Porr Chris - someone better put him 24 watch. He might climb up on top of George Soros's money and jump off

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/chris-matthews-continues-tantrum-over-romneys-etch-sketch-debate-performance

krisy
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Another thing Romney did that I thought was great was bring up the middle class. He said we are being "crushed". So true. He also talked about utility bills and grocey bills, something I was really happy to hear him recognize.

Really,the poor get help from the government,the wealthy are wealthy. Who bails out hard workin middle class when they are in a jam? No one.Glad Romney recognises this

10-04-2012, 08:48 PM

I agree. I loved it because they actually were interacting with each other instead of with a dictator of a moderator.

I think the debate is a great example of freedom:)

10-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Another thing Romney did that I thought was great was bring up the middle class. He said we are being "crushed". So true. He also talked about utility bills and grocey bills, something I was really happy to hear him recognize.

Really,the poor get help from the government,the wealthy are wealthy. Who bails out hard workin middle class when they are in a jam? No one.Glad Romney recognises this

I think it was amusing that Romney quoted Biden who said this week that the middle class has been buried for the past four years:)

10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
This debate, was great entertainment.
we should start a NDL for all the wimps incapable of participating in a sport.
debates are entertainment for people with no other interests in life, people who still live in their parents basement.........

SassyLady
10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
debates are entertainment for people with no other interests in life, people who still live in their parents basement.........

You come in here and on your second post talk trash about people who watched the debate?

Me thinks thou doth protest too much about people who still live in their parent's basement.

krisy
10-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Apparently there are 50 million people living in their parents basement then-whodda known? I sat in my very own house and watched....happily

10-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I didn't watch, I was busy at work!!
we cracked a nice 09 Dom de janasse 'chaupin' chateauneuf du pape to get us through the night!
A few bottles of uinta brewing monkshine made an appearance too!!!
life is hard!!
work is too!

krisy
10-04-2012, 09:39 PM
we cracked a nice 09 Dom de janasse 'chaupin' chateauneuf du pape to get us through the night!
life is hard!!
work is too!

Not sure what exactly you just said till the end,but I will agree to ur 2 last comments ;)

I put 9 hours in myself yesterday(this doesnt include all the housework when I got home)!

SassyLady
10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I didn't watch,

Then, don't diss those who did watch ... obviously we are interested in what is happening in our country. I can understand that you, being an Englishman living here, might not be as interested.....still, no reason to try and demean those that did watch.

logroller
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
You come in here and on your second post talk trash about people who watched the debate?

Me thinks thou doth protest too much about people who still live in their parent's basement.
And who says people who live in their parents' basement dont engage in sport---from what I understand, if you're living jimnyc's basement, you'd best be adept at swimming. :laugh:

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:09 AM
For a good laugh watch how Andrea Mitchell gets offended over Obama being called lazy. The look on her face at the end of the interview is a classic

The libs are in complete denial over Obama's inability to compete one on one

http://youtu.be/kI6_PaOFuv8

glockmail
10-05-2012, 11:25 AM
For a good laugh watch how Andrea Mitchell gets offended over Obama being called lazy. The look on her face at the end of the interview is a classic

The libs are in complete denial over Obama's inability to compete one on one

That was hilarious. The complete disdain she had for the person she's interviewing was undeniable. :laugh:

glockmail
10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I think it was amusing that Romney quoted Biden who said this week that the middle class has been buried for the past four years:) Best line of the night. Romney destroyed The Obama in that debate.

Trigg
10-05-2012, 01:34 PM

life is hard!!
work is too!

Debates are use full for people who don't want to base their decisions of attack ads with twisted half truths.

I understand you didn't bother to watch it, but to insult 50 million people and then claim you didn't watch it because you work is asinine.

I worked also and still managed to stay up and watch the debate, even though I was looking at a 4:30 wake up.

Some of us like to stay informed.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 02:04 PM
That was hilarious. The complete disdain she had for the person she's interviewing was undeniable. :laugh:

It is typical for her. Remember she is the "reporter" who hyped the EDITED video pf Mitt and used the EDITED video to paint him as out of touch

http://youtu.be/IFcOBRqL8kk

logroller
10-05-2012, 02:15 PM
life is hard!!
work is too!

Translation: I'm ignorant, drunk, pompous and employed. Thanks for the update.:rolleyes:

aboutime
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Debates are use full for people who don't want to base their decisions of attack ads with twisted half truths.

I understand you didn't bother to watch it, but to insult 50 million people and then claim you didn't watch it because you work is asinine.

I worked also and still managed to stay up and watch the debate, even though I was looking at a 4:30 wake up.

Some of us like to stay informed.

Trigg. Looks like we have all be introduced to another Liberal, Useless Idiot who pretends to be a SuperStupid Spy called 007.

In fact. 007 Sounds more like an Obama Impersonator...who tells so many lies. Not even he is sure Which Lie he told first.

So let's welcome 007/Obama wannabe Liar to the forum.

aboutime
10-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Translation: I'm ignorant, drunk, pompous and employed. Thanks for the update.:rolleyes:

logroller. Didn't even need the translation. A liar, is a liar, is a liar. Just think of people like 007, and Obama for proof.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg100412dAPR20121004034516.jpg

logroller
10-05-2012, 03:03 PM
logroller. Didn't even need the translation. A liar, is a liar, is a liar. Just think of people like 007, and Obama for proof.
I believe 007 was being honest. That's a Change I believe in. His voting for a responsible representative however...

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:05 PM
I believe 007 was being honest. That's a Change I believe in. His voting for a responsible representative however...

Hey if he likes paying $4/gal for gas, paying more for food, watching his kids and grandkids shoare of the national debt increase every second of every day, and watch our enemies overseas get bolder in their attacks - then Obama is the guy he needs to vote for

If that is change - we are in deep trouble

aboutime
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM

You may find this odd. But. I agree with you. Much like I agree that Obama believes he is being honest when he lies endlessly to the American people.

Most Liberal, Democrat, Progressive Americans HONESTLY believe Obama is the smartest man in the world. They have been brainwashed, and convinced to ALWAYS believe whatever Obama says...because...he has told them "Trust me. I am smarter than you!"

This is the same kind of language the entire World heard from Tyrants in Europe, Russia, and Japan back in the 1930's, and 1940's. And without mentioning those names. Americans who Honestly Know, and are familiar with American History. Know exactly who I am talking about, and OBAMA is just the latest version of those tyrants who threaten the people by telling them. If you dare to disagree with me. You are MY ENEMY.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
You may find this odd. But. I agree with you. Much like I agree that Obama believes he is being honest when he lies endlessly to the American people.

Most Liberal, Democrat, Progressive Americans HONESTLY believe Obama is the smartest man in the world. They have been brainwashed, and convinced to ALWAYS believe whatever Obama says...because...he has told them "Trust me. I am smarter than you!"

This is the same kind of language the entire World heard from Tyrants in Europe, Russia, and Japan back in the 1930's, and 1940's. And without mentioning those names. Americans who Honestly Know, and are familiar with American History. Know exactly who I am talking about, and OBAMA is just the latest version of those tyrants who threaten the people by telling them. If you dare to disagree with me. You are MY ENEMY.

and here is Obama showing off how smart he is

http://youtu.be/p9hZpJp7U3Y

logroller
10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey if he likes paying $4/gal for gas, paying more for food, watching his kids and grandkids shoare of the national debt increase every second of every day, and watch our enemies overseas get bolder in their attacks - then Obama is the guy he needs to vote for

If that is change - we are in deep trouble
$4? Try $4.979 for premium today. The whole plan is numbing us to it. I'm not just talking about politics either; corporations play their hand in inflating prices too.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:33 PM
$4? Try $4.979 for premium today. The whole plan is numbing us to it. I'm not just talking about politics either; corporations play their hand in inflating prices too.

Corporations do not "inflate" prices. There is a law against price fixing LR. Perhaps due to the tax and regulation burden this administartion has laid on the private secotr has something to do with it

BTW do you recall how the Dems and liberal media went after Pres Bsuh when gas hit $3/gal? Now we are told $4/gal is the new norm.

and Obama said high gas prices is a good things since it would FORCE people into "green" energy and mass transit

glockmail
10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm hoping that gas prices go up 50 cents/ week up until election day. Everyone will know who is to blame, so they won't vote for him. That way The Obama will be right that high prices are a good thing.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm hoping that gas prices go up 50 cents/ week up until election day. Everyone will know who is to blame, so they won't vote for him. That way The Obama will be right that high prices are a good thing.

That would be an extra $6/week for me and should jack up food prices to new highs. It owuld drive the US economy further south and probably put more people out of work

Oh, that is going on right now so noone would notice

aboutime
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Just a refresher, that coincides with this thread...http://obamalies.net/list-of-lies

glockmail
10-05-2012, 03:50 PM
That would be an extra $6/week for me and should jack up food prices to new highs. It owuld drive the US economy further south and probably put more people out of work

Oh, that is going on right now so noone would notice

There's what, 5 weeks left? Consider your $30 a donation to the Romney campaign.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:53 PM
There's what, 5 weeks left? Consider your $30 a donation to the Romney campaign.

Plus the additional costs I would incur at the grocery store, the oil for heat, and the maintance costs for the car

But the libs and liberal media would blame Bush, Big Oil, and the Republicans anyway - and never mention high gas prices and Obama in the same breath

glockmail
10-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Plus the additional costs I would incur at the grocery store, the oil for heat, and the maintance costs for the car

But the libs and liberal media would blame Bush, Big Oil, and the Republicans anyway - and never mention high gas prices and Obama in the same breathThe libs can blame whoever the want but the average voter will know that it's all Obama.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 04:01 PM
The libs can blame whoever the want but the average voter will know that it's all Obama.

Except for about 1/3 of voters who are like Gabby, Virgil, and OCA

They will vote for Obama no matter how badly he f's up the country

Robert A Whit
10-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Corporations do not "inflate" prices. There is a law against price fixing LR. Perhaps due to the tax and regulation burden this administartion has laid on the private secotr has something to do with it

BTW do you recall how the Dems and liberal media went after Pres Bsuh when gas hit $3/gal? Now we are told $4/gal is the new norm.

and Obama said high gas prices is a good things since it would FORCE people into "green" energy and mass transit

Folks, I am trying to figure out the oil companies acts.

Either they think the tough talking Obama will win, ergo jack up prices expecting him to remove deductions they have had for a century or ....

They think the Democrats can block domestic production ....

They expect the use of crude to fall ergo prices go up ....

They want the Democrats to piss and moan about profits..

I need help. Why are they choking the goat?

Last night for the first time in many years, news is reporting that stations in the LA area run short of fuel to sell. We have seen prices get jacked up of course.

Is Obama talking about this problem?

glockmail
10-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Except for about 1/3 of voters who are like Gabby, Virgil, and OCA

They will vote for Obama no matter how badly he f's up the countryThey ain't average. Gabby's well below average, Virgil in the top 1% of perverts. Can't figure out what happened with OCA. He was a hoot at one time.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 04:08 PM
They ain't average. Gabby's well below average, Virgil in the top 1% of perverts. Can't figure out what happened with OCA. He was a hoot at one time.

I heard OCA took the job of running ahead of Obama's limo checking for land mines :laugh2:

BUt the one good thing about OCA logging on it that it feels so damn good when he logs off

aboutime
10-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I heard OCA took the job of running ahead of Obama's limo checking for land mines :laugh2:

BUt the one good thing about OCA logging on it that it feels so damn good when he logs off

red states rule. I heard OCA took that job from AL GORE. But, at least OCA held a finger in each ear, in case of stepping on a mine. That's called HEARING PROTECTION.

Not something Terrorists seem to care about lately.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 04:17 PM
red states rule. I heard OCA took that job from AL GORE. But, at least OCA held a finger in each ear, in case of stepping on a mine. That's called HEARING PROTECTION.

Not something Terrorists seem to care about lately.

I do miss reading OCA's well informed posts. When asked how he would solve the border problem he reportly responded to have them pay more rent :laugh2:

aboutime
10-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I do miss reading OCA's well informed posts. When asked how he would solve the border problem he reportly responded to have them pay more rent :laugh2:

In lieu of more rent. Wonder if he ever went ahead with the TUNNEL project? :laugh:

red states rule
10-05-2012, 04:23 PM
In lieu of more rent. Wonder if he ever went ahead with the TUNNEL project? :laugh:

Or when OCA asked what branch of the miltary Capt Kangaroo served in :laugh2:

glockmail
10-05-2012, 04:31 PM

BUt the one good thing about OCA logging on it that it feels so damn good when he logs offI won't say anything bad about OCA. He was a mod at one of Jim's boards and banned Virgil after the pervert PMd me with one of his pedophile stories.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 04:41 PM
I won't say anything bad about OCA. He was a mod at one of Jim's boards and banned Virgil after the pervert PMd me with one of his pedophile stories.

Wow, he showed a hint of decency. Must have been temp insanity

glockmail
10-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Wow, he showed a hint of decency. Must have been temp insanityThis was before he went Left on us. He used to skewer libtards very effectively. It was like watching a master chef prepare a chicken.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 04:56 PM
This was before he went Left on us. He used to skewer libtards very effectively. It was like watching a master chef prepare a chicken.

Eh, I never saw it. I heard the rumor how good he was - but I never saw any proof

glockmail
10-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Eh, I never saw it. I heard the rumor how good he was - but I never saw any proofHe was a master. I'm sure Jim has some of his old stuff achived. I forget the name of the board; one that Jim sold. Is it the one that that that pussy Gunny bought?

red states rule
10-05-2012, 05:01 PM
He was a master. I'm sure Jim has some of his old stuff achived. I forget the name of the board; one that Jim sold. Is it the one that that that pussy Gunny bought?

Whatever

OCA reminds me of a Slinkie

http://mauryk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/liberals_by_zealotone.jpg

red states rule
10-06-2012, 12:17 PM
How would someone react to Obama's debate performance after giving him $1 million bucks?

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=281 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/117290" frameBorder=0 width=500 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>

NightTrain
10-06-2012, 01:43 PM
This was before he went Left on us. He used to skewer libtards very effectively. It was like watching a master chef prepare a chicken.

True story. He used to be a pretty good guy, a few years ago and I liked him.

I don't know wtf happened to him, it's pretty bizarre.

NightTrain
10-06-2012, 01:44 PM
He was a master. I'm sure Jim has some of his old stuff achived. I forget the name of the board; one that Jim sold. Is it the one that that that pussy Gunny bought?

Yes, it was USMB.

red states rule
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
True story. He used to be a pretty good guy, a few years ago and I liked him.

I don't know wtf happened to him, it's pretty bizarre.

He may be drunk on Obama Kool Aid which is 100% fact free

logroller
10-07-2012, 11:00 AM

What do you think regulations are-- Suggestions? Theyre rules set forth for the execution of laws.

I just think its a bit biased to so speak so matter if factly that it's necessarily regs which drive prices up; that private agencies have no control and just pawns of the government agendas. Did regs cause the refinery fire? Did regs cause the power outage? Did regs cause my buddy's work order, which would have put secondary and tertiary backup systems in working order, to be squashed? Leaving only a primary system for tank management; and if that fails there'd be accident. I think you conveniently ignore how the vast majority of laws and regulations are put in place because the actions of private agencies were negligent. I'm not saying regs don't drive prices up too; I already mentioned ab32; shit, I've been studying it. I'm just saying there's not this bohemoth evil of demos and libs, and that calling them out isn't going to make for gumdrops and rainbow stew. There's collusion between government and corps. As has often been said-- follow the money.

glockmail
10-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes, it was USMB.Gunny changed my posts and banned me there after I skewered him once too many times. He shows up on another board on occasion that he doesn't own and I summarily destroy him. He's so fucking easy it's pathetic.

red states rule
10-07-2012, 12:57 PM
What do you think regulations are-- Suggestions? Theyre rules set forth for the execution of laws.

I just think its a bit biased to so speak so matter if factly that it's necessarily regs which drive prices up; that private agencies have no control and just pawns of the government agendas. Did regs cause the refinery fire? Did regs cause the power outage? Did regs cause my buddy's work order, which would have put secondary and tertiary backup systems in working order, to be squashed? Leaving only a primary system for tank management; and if that fails there'd be accident. I think you conveniently ignore how the vast majority of laws and regulations are put in place because the actions of private agencies were negligent. I'm not saying regs don't drive prices up too; I already mentioned ab32; shit, I've been studying it. I'm just saying there's not this bohemoth evil of demos and libs, and that calling them out isn't going to make for gumdrops and rainbow stew. There's collusion between government and corps. As has often been said-- follow the money.

LR government regs costs business billions and it costs the private sector jobs

Economically Significant Regulations On the Rise Under Obama

The report cites a Gallup poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/152654/health-costs-gov-regulations-curb-small-business-hiring.aspx) from earlier this year that found 46 percent of small business owners are not hiring because they are worried about new government regulations, and 48 percent say they are worried about the potential costs of health care.

Homeowners are also being affected by new regulations. In 2010, the Environmental Protection Agency removed an opt-out provision for its Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule. The rule requires that renovations to homes built before 1978 be supervised by an EPA-certified renovator and performed by an EPA-certified firm.

According to the report, the National Federation of Independent Businesses (http://www.nfib.com/research-foundation/cribsheets/epa-lead-law) (NFIB) says the elimination of the opt-out has led homeowners to explore underground contractors that do not comply with EPA regulations at all, and that the opt-out had saved the industry approximately $500 million in compliance costs.

In addition to current regulations, the report found that proposed regulations continue to generate uncertainty and could result in significant additional costs to the economy.

The EPA is proposing to redefine “solid waste,” removing specific recycling exclusions from current hazardous waste regulations. As a result, the regulations would even apply to in-house recycling intended for internal use, such as scrap metal yards recycling scrap metal. The Business Roundtable (http://www.scribd.com/doc/96014511/Business-Roundtable-Major-Regulations-of-Concern) estimates the rule will cost more than $100 million annually in documentation and analysis costs, making it more expensive for businesses to recycle.

According to the NFIB, the EPA is also proposing to expand the definition of “navigable waters” to include depressions and farm ponds that don’t impede the flow of rivers, giving the agency greatly expanded regulatory authority under the Clean Water Act.

Other proposed regulations would advance the administration’s pro-union agenda while ignoring union political activity.

Last year, the National Labor Relations Board issued a final rule requiring employers subject to the National Labor Relations Act to post a notice of employee rights under the law. The notice focuses on employee rights to unionize and collectively bargain, but doesn’t include rights to object to the use of union dues to support political causes. According to the NLRB’s own estimates, the rule could cost 6 million employers an estimated $386.4 million. Much of the rule has been blocked by courts, but business organizations remain concerned about the implications that could result if it is allowed to move forward.

In total, The Heritage Foundation has calculated that the Obama administration adopted 106 major regulations (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/03/red-tape-rising-obama-era-regulation-at-the-three-year-mark) in its first three years. That’s nearly four times the 28 major regulations adopted in the first three years of the Bush administration. Those regulations came at a cost of $8.1 billion, compared to the $46 billion imposed under Obama by the same point in his presidency.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/07/20/economically-significant-regulations-on-the-rise-under-obama/

logroller
10-07-2012, 01:45 PM
LR government regs costs business billions and it costs the private sector jobs
Lead remediation relates to rising gas prices how? You'll have to connect a few dots if you're gonna post some random regulation as evidence to California's recent gas increases. I've already mentioned ab32; maybe start there. Cause and effect; that's what you choose to ignore. Take price fixing; why did they create a law about that? Was it because nobody was doing it and the progressives just had to get involved? Or rather, was it because businesses were colluding to manipulate the market? I've been a small business owner and had other small business owners come to me and say, "what are you charging for X; why not charge more-- I do." Or, "charge more for this and ill do it for you at a lesser price and you can keep the Difference. Happens every day rsr; and when economies contract, guess who survives? Not the guy working for less. It's just business IMO; but business is worried about one thing- profits- and that's regardless the public interest. Hate on regs all you want, you think I liked having to carry insurance, licensure, etc, having to tell customers no, i cant forgo a permit-- its the big mean government breathing down my neck. ugh. But I likewise understood why those regs are in place; that unscrupulous contractors would just violate good practice because it save d them a dime, but it would end up costing more in the long run, long after that contractor, and often the customer has any vested interest (or liability)-- leaving the whole mess to other people to clean up. That's not right either-- government is a necessary evil.
Take environmental regs-- deep water horizon or whatever that fiasco was in the gulf-- tried to save a dime and it cost billions. Bad call perhaps...Isolated incident maybe? I assure you if there was a way for that company to skirt their financial liability, they'd have done it in a New York minute, and many have, many times-- thats why Government create these laws and regs.

I see a whole bunch of new billboards stating-- investing in local job creation, we agree-- By the exact same company who had these accidents that led to gas shortages...it's just hilarious to me. It's such blatant propaganda, I'm not even be mad-- free speech. But I'm gonna tell you what I know too, that companies don't act in the public's interest as stakeholders, but rather that of their shareholders. I'm certainly not gonna just cop out that its big bad government driving up fuel costs. When chevron gives me a job, and a share of the action, I'll gladly refrain from divulging such knowledge.

red states rule
10-09-2012, 05:24 AM
LR, using Obama's "logic" we have car accidents everyday in America so we should ban al driving until we find out why?

The next time there is a plane crash in Amercia, all flying should be banned until we find out why

Other countries all drilling in the Gulf, and people are suffering because of the ban. People are not working, they have no money to sepnd at local stores, and the proce of gas continues to go up despite the added production the Gulf could add

Of course Obama said he wanted higher gas prices

http://youtu.be/VquNu30hDe8

and he mocks voters who bring up the topic of high gas prices under his reign

http://youtu.be/L1JtIY0K_cY