PDA

View Full Version : The Race Has Changed

red states rule
10-04-2012, 02:43 AM
After Obama's horrible performance last night, I have a feeling this race has changed for the better

Voters saw a confident Mitt Romney ready to step in and try and clean up the mess Obama has created. On the other side, the voters saw a meek, stumbling, and rather arrogant Obama mearly passing time and not participating

I hope this changes the election like the Kennedy/Nixon debate did back in 1960

Now we can get ready for Paul Ryan to chew up and sit out Joe Biden :clap:

red states rule
10-04-2012, 03:31 AM
More Obama lovers are seeing how feeble Obama was last night, and feel helpless sicne they can't spin their guiy out of trouble

From Andrew Sullivan.....

10.31 pm. Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama's meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look.

Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn't there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.

The person with authority on that stage was Romney - offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It's beyond depressing. But it's true.

There are two more debates left. I have experienced many times the feeling that Obama just isn't in it, that he's on the ropes and not fighting back, and then he pulls it out. He got a little better over time tonight. But he pulled every punch. Maybe the next two will undo some of the damage. But I have to say I think it was extensive.

10.30 pm. But Romney's closing statement - very, very vague and highly deceptive. And is it me, or does he even sound like Reagan? And his final statement is on defending Medicare! He's the protector of that entitlement, even as his actual plan is a radical overhaul of it.

10.29 pm. How is Obama's closing statement so fucking sad, confused and lame? He choked. He lost. He may even have lost the election tonight.

10.25 pm. The idea that the candidate of the current Republican party is portraying himself as the most willing to reach across the aisle is staggering. That he is more persuasive on this than the president is a staggering personal failure on Obama's part. And now Obama is saying he is the candidate of "saying no". Just staggering incompetence on his part.

10.23 pm. Lehrer has basically handed the moderation of this to the candidates, and Romney has taken command. And he has done so by speaking for three minutes less.

10.22 pm. The liar has managed to make Obama seem dishonest. In an act of will, Romney's lies are made effective.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/live-blogging-the-first-presidential-debate-2012.html

KarlMarx
10-04-2012, 11:08 AM
After Obama's horrible performance last night, I have a feeling this race has changed for the better

Voters saw a confident Mitt Romney ready to step in and try and clean up the mess Obama has created. On the other side, the voters saw a meek, stumbling, and rather arrogant Obama mearly passing time and not participating

There's a rumor going around that Obama's teleprompter defected to the Romney campaign

Robert A Whit
10-04-2012, 11:31 AM
There's a rumor going around that Obama's teleprompter defected to the Romney campaign

The other day, on CSPAN, I watched some of the 2008 McCain vs Obama debate. My god.

Last night is how it should be done. Romney carved him up and served him up for dinner.

I have long called Obama an empty suit. I knew last time he is a lightweight.

Face it, he was NEVER prepared to be president.

Some dumb voters think that merely being a member of congress means you are qualified to be president. Never in a million years can that be true.

Think of jobs that one has to be qualified for.

Take even the lawyer.

Obama was trained to be a lawyer. Congress makes laws. Lawyers therefore have skills to make laws.

But the duty of president is not law making. The duty is to manage. Manage what? His staff of course. Who is his staff. Those the Senate must confirm. But the Feds work forced is into the millions. Clearly Obama can't manage millions. His job is to know how to manage. Then to select top managers.

When presidents are as buzzed up with personal ideology as Obama is, they are party hacks.

This is why so many claim presidents are puppets. That they claim some shadow types manage presidents behind the curtain.

Bush was not managed. Bush was an actual leader.

Later on, historians will give him his due.

Little-Acorn
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Romney didn't even have to say, "There you go again." :clap:

KarlMarx
10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Romney didn't even have to say, "There you go again." :clap:

Reality check for the Obama fans... they got to see Obama for what he is... not up to the job... again

Voted4Reagan
10-04-2012, 02:00 PM
it was like watching a puppy get smacked with a Semi....

Painful...

The Liberal Butthurt is enormous today!

aboutime
10-04-2012, 02:49 PM

Last night appeared to be the VERY FIRST TIME Obama was ever permitted to venture from the protective shell of the DNC, and MSM that have spent five, or more years. Hiding him from being exposed to honest, truthful facts he never really knew in the first place.
You could see how LOST Obama was. Unscripted, without his trusty teleprompter, being fed by a real brain from somewhere off stage, made him appear to be JUST AS INEPT, and BLANK in mind as most of us have been telling everyone for years.

Of course now. All of the EXCUSE MERCHANTS have formulated their Obama Defensive status to prevent looking like the Ignorant, Puppets Obama privately calls them...when camera's and the press are not around.

Obama has bragged, and claimed...He needs nobody else to consult him, or advise him since HE insists. HE is the only brain in the nation that can't be fooled by OBAMA.

red states rule
10-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I noticed Gabby has ignored this thread - no surprise there

It is days like these I wonder how Virgil and OCA are holding up after their guy fell flat on his ass

Meanwhile Chris Matthews foams at the mouth once again. I suspect he sees himself having to report Mitt has defeated Obama to become the new President

Talk about the thrill being gone!! Maybe the person in the control room can play "I'll Never Love That Way Again" for Chris and the rest of the MSNBC staff on Election night :laugh:

red states rule
10-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Last night appeared to be the VERY FIRST TIME Obama was ever permitted to venture from the protective shell of the DNC, and MSM that have spent five, or more years. Hiding him from being exposed to honest, truthful facts he never really knew in the first place.
You could see how LOST Obama was. Unscripted, without his trusty teleprompter, being fed by a real brain from somewhere off stage, made him appear to be JUST AS INEPT, and BLANK in mind as most of us have been telling everyone for years.

Of course now. All of the EXCUSE MERCHANTS have formulated their Obama Defensive status to prevent looking like the Ignorant, Puppets Obama privately calls them...when camera's and the press are not around.

Obama has bragged, and claimed...He needs nobody else to consult him, or advise him since HE insists. HE is the only brain in the nation that can't be fooled by OBAMA.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv100412dAPR20121004034512.jpg

aboutime
10-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I noticed Gabby has ignored this thread - no surprise there

It is days like these I wonder how Virgil and OCA are holding up after their guy fell flat on his ass

Meanwhile Chris Matthews foams at the mouth once again. I suspect he sees himself having to report Mitt has defeated Obama to become the new President

Talk about the thrill being gone!! Maybe the person in the control room can play "I'll Never Love That Way Again" for Chris and the rest of the MSNBC staff on Election night :laugh:

Poor Chris Matthews. "THE TINGLE IS GONE" MessNBC looked like they all got PINK SLIPS, and were told they will work for Minimum Wage until Obama moves to Chicago.

No more Tingle, No more Kicks. Just more Obama Dirty Tricks.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:19 AM
A great example of the thought process of the Obama supporters. To be fair this is a great place to hang the banner - in front of a closed up business

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4VcndTCEAAjA1c.jpg

aboutime
10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
A great example of the thought process of the Obama supporters. To be fair this is a great place to hang the banner - in front of a closed up business

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4VcndTCEAAjA1c.jpg

REMEMBER: The Opposite of that sign above is......​"BARRACK-WARD."

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
REMEMBER: The Opposite of that sign above is......​"BARRACK-WARD."

http://thirdrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Foreclosed-Obama2012.png