PDA

View Full Version : Smirk

red states rule
10-04-2012, 03:55 PM
The RNC has put this video out that sums up the debate. Obama shows his arrogance and acts like he would rather be fundraising

http://youtu.be/dKMUHcgsbag

fj1200
10-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Democracy is such hard work.

red states rule
10-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Democracy is such hard work.

People have been wondering what Obama was doing when he was loking down while Mitt was talking. Perhaps Obama waqs planning his next vacaton that wil start shortly after noon on Jan 20, 2013

fj1200
10-04-2012, 04:18 PM
He's probably just realizing that opening his hips too quickly is what's causing his slice.

red states rule
10-04-2012, 04:21 PM
He's probably just realizing that opening his hips too quickly is what's causing his slice.

Or he was deciding what he will take with him when he moves out of the White House

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/kn100312dAPR20121003104521.jpg

tailfins
10-04-2012, 04:26 PM
How many people do you suppose fall for the "balanced approach" talking point which is intended to muddy communicating an agenda for a balanced budget?

red states rule
10-04-2012, 04:31 PM
How many people do you suppose fall for the "balanced approach" talking point which is intended to muddy communicating an agenda for a balanced budget?

Only people like Gabby who do ot have a clue how much revenue would be generated by the taxes VS the insane level of spending

Also, people like Gabby actually believe the so called rich are NOT taxed enough

You could tax the top 2% at a 100% and only fund the Obama government for about 10 days

Noir
10-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Obama smirked, but Romneys expression was bizarre O,o

Kathianne
10-04-2012, 06:15 PM
In all honesty, I didn't notice that much smirking on Obama's part, compared to frustration and anger. When Romney refused to let Obama control the discussion, Obama lost and knew it. One might argue he wasn't prepared. My question would be, how does one prepare with the facts of the economy, today? Unemployment/underemployment are facts. So are salary rates. Same with inflation, whether one is looking at the core rate or other. Then there is the food stamp user numbers. Those numbers, all of them, are Obama's. Not GW's, not Romney's, not even Congress's. Nope, they're Obama's. Last night that became clear. To him too.

Kathianne
10-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I could be wrong, but what I've gotten from 'Romney's plan' in the basics is that he favors a cap, in dollars, regarding deductions and loopholes. It's a 'given number' to be determined if elected. For the sake of argument, make it $35k. How many of you take over $35k in deductions? It's just under $5k less than my best year's earnings. Even when filing jointly, we never had more than $14k in deductions, that was with 3 kids, income over $100k, house, and charitable contributions.

What Romney is saying, if I understand correctly, there will be a limit on how much one can deduct or shelter via loopholes. It would not impact the middle class, but would make those at the top tier pay more. A million contribution will only buy you so much...

aboutime
10-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Actually. That so-called "BALANCED APPROACH" is nothing more than liberal, politicalspeak for OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. Like the OBAMACARE package that was jammed down American throats...per Nancy Pelosi's own description of "We'll learn what's in it, after we vote for it".

In other liberal terms. That 'Balanced Approach' only means.
"We won't call you a terrorist, or racist as long as you agree with OBAMA."

fj1200
10-04-2012, 09:07 PM
I could be wrong, but what I've gotten from 'Romney's plan' in the basics is that he favors a cap, in dollars, regarding deductions and loopholes. It's a 'given number' to be determined if elected. For the sake of argument, make it $35k. How many of you take over $35k in deductions? It's just under $5k less than my best year's earnings. Even when filing jointly, we never had more than $14k in deductions, that was with 3 kids, income over $100k, house, and charitable contributions.

What Romney is saying, if I understand correctly, there will be a limit on how much one can deduct or shelter via loopholes. It would not impact the middle class, but would make those at the top tier pay more. A million contribution will only buy you so much...

A lower rate with minimal deductions would be FAR superior to what we've got going on now. IIRC he also had some huge exclusions for investment income which should simplify and exempt most people on the lower ends.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Obama smirked, but Romneys expression was bizarre O,o

That is the usual reaction Noir when libs are confronted with logic, reason, truth, and the results of their tax and spend policies. The arrogance of libs prevents them even considering their policies are responsible for the lousy economy - so their reply is a smirk

As far as Mitt, anyone with an IQ above room temp was wondering what the hell Obama was talking about

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Actually. That so-called "BALANCED APPROACH" is nothing more than liberal, politicalspeak for OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. Like the OBAMACARE package that was jammed down American throats...per Nancy Pelosi's own description of "We'll learn what's in it, after we vote for it".

In other liberal terms. That 'Balanced Approach' only means.
"We won't call you a terrorist, or racist as long as you agree with OBAMA."

http://ponderingprinciples.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Balanced-Approach.jpg

logroller
10-05-2012, 03:33 AM
...answered my own question.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 03:37 AM
How about a flat rate and NO deductions?

If you make $20,000/yr or $20,000,000/yr you both pay the same flat rate off the top

Now before the libs and independents have a cow, this will ensure everyone is paying taxes - not just a minority. So when any politican bellows how taxes need to be raised - they will have to sell it to a much larger segment of society

logroller
10-05-2012, 04:06 AM
How about a flat rate and NO deductions?

If you make $20,000/yr or $20,000,000/yr you both pay the same flat rate off the top

Now before the libs and independents have a cow, this will ensure everyone is paying taxes - not just a minority. So when any politican bellows how taxes need to be raised - they will have to sell it to a much larger segment of society
Would that include investment income/ What if its rolled over into another investment/ Still taxed?

Ive yet to see a true flat tax introduced. Me thinks there's a reason why not.

Trigg
10-05-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't think it's a smirk, but he did spend most of his time looking at the floor.

He almost never looked at Romney or the camera.

I thought Romney did a great job of trying to engage Obama and talk directly to him.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Would that include investment income/ What if its rolled over into another investment/ Still taxed?

Ive yet to see a true flat tax introduced. Me thinks there's a reason why not.

No. I am talking about Federal income tax. The last think anyone should do is raise the tax on capital gains. That would reduce investment and further slow economic growth

The capital gains tax should be abolished anyway IMO

logroller
10-05-2012, 02:39 PM
No. I am talking about Federal income tax. The last think anyone should do is raise the tax on capital gains. That would reduce investment and further slow economic growth

The capital gains tax should be abolished anyway IMO
Yeah thats not gonna happen. That would wipe out revenue and/ or crush the middle class. The upper echelons of current revenue streams would be decrease by magnitudes--or--you'd have to raise the rate so high it would be devastating to a majority (by number) of taxpayers(read:voters). I like the idea of flat tax, but for the same reason progressive tax gained traction politically, flat tax wont. Austerity is a bitter pill.

aboutime
10-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't think it's a smirk, but he did spend most of his time looking at the floor.

He almost never looked at Romney or the camera.

I thought Romney did a great job of trying to engage Obama and talk directly to him.

Obama was trained to Look at the Floor, whenever his Teleprompter was STUCK, or Turned off.

He was LITERALLY lost without someone typing the words for him. So he had to rely on all of the Lies he could remember.

red states rule
10-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah thats not gonna happen. That would wipe out revenue and/ or crush the middle class. The upper echelons of current revenue streams would be decrease by magnitudes--or--you'd have to raise the rate so high it would be devastating to a majority (by number) of taxpayers(read:voters). I like the idea of flat tax, but for the same reason progressive tax gained traction politically, flat tax wont. Austerity is a bitter pill.

LR we do not have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem. By abolishing the captial gains tax we would see investments soar, stock prices increase, companies expand, and hiring will increase. While the government would "lose" revenue by abolishing the capital gains tax, the government would take in higher revenue from other taxes collected

How would the middle class be "crushed"? They would benefit by an expanding and growing economy

fj1200
10-06-2012, 06:34 AM

Agree it won't happen, disagree with just about everything else. I recall reading that if you taxed all wages at 11% you would replace current revenue, throw in some deductions and of course the rate goes up. The rate overall doesn't have to be high, most flat tax proposals are 18-25% but the key is in eliminating deductions beyond a standard one. Or even the Fairtax proposal at 23%.

red states rule
10-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Agree it won't happen, disagree with just about everything else. I recall reading that if you taxed all wages at 11% you would replace current revenue, throw in some deductions and of course the rate goes up. The rate overall doesn't have to be high, most flat tax proposals are 18-25% but the key is in eliminating deductions beyond a standard one. Or even the Fairtax proposal at 23%.

If we had a flat tax with zero deductions, the economy would soar to record heights, Companaies and individuals would no longer have to spend hundreds of billions of dollars to complete their tax returns, the IRS could be damn near eliminated, business would be able to invest without being punished for success, and the government could no longer use the tax code to impose its will on the people