PDA

View Full Version : Obama Losing IL? Not Possible.

Kathianne
10-04-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/04/obama-collapse-in-illinois-tied-in-liberal-district-he-won-by-23-points-in-08

Obama Collapse in Illinois: Tied in District He Won by 23 Points in '08
Back in August, a poll showed Obama (http://www.mckeonandassociates.com/pdfs/Pres-crime-questions.pdf) with just a 12-point lead over Romney in Cook County, Illinois. While he posted a huge lead in the city of Chicago, the poll found him actually losing to Romney in suburban Cook County. It was a shock that I set aside as an outlier. A new poll of Illinois' 10th Congression

s there take pride in being politically "moderate" and wear the label as a badge of honor. Since the 1980s, the district has been represented by a Republican in Congress, but not by anyone who could be mistaken for a conservative. Al Gore and John Kerry both carried the district comfortably in 2000 and 2004. And, in 2008, Obama won over 61% of the vote in the district.

Last year, during redistricting, the Democrats in Illinois made the district even more Democrat, looking to unseat freshman GOP Congressman Bob Dold. In this poll, Dold leads his opponent by 2 points, 47-45. It should be noted that this poll was conducted before last night's debate, so the surprising results don't reflect Obama's lackluster performance in Denver. ...

It seems this is the Northern suburban branch. Evanston, perhaps Skokie in part. Suburban democrat 'strong holds.' There are those in Western suburbs too, Oak Park is the big one, regarding voter turn out. Will they be int the bag for Obama, this time around?

I've little doubt that IL will go favorite son, regardless of the Hawaii and MA ties. Just an observation, today I went with a to buy lawn signs and t shirts. While there, 9 people came in, looking to volunteer and buy stuff. It's DuPage County, but not sounding all that different than Evanston in Cook. Just saying.

While suburban Cook may go for Obama, I seriously doubt that suburban DuPage will, the second most populous county in IL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuPage_County,_Illinois y

It used to be the most conservative county in America. Right now, got to say that I see way more Obama than Romney signs. My friend and I put out Romney and Roscom signs today.

KarlMarx
10-04-2012, 11:55 PM
I think that, after the debate, Romney will inch ahead in the cooked polls so that even the media is going to have to acknowledge that Romney's ahead. It's just wishful thinking at this point but if Romney outperforms El Incompetente in the next two debates, Romney's chances of winning are going to go nowhere but up.

Kathianne
10-06-2012, 12:18 AM
This is interesting:

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/100512-628435-polls-show-obama-could-lose-illinois.htm?nav=EditorialsLatest&p=full&fromcampaign=1

...Illinois' 10th Congressional District, which includes parts of Cook County, is an affluent district chock full of the same independent voters that will decide the presidential contest nationally. In 2008, Obama won 61% of the vote there. Al Gore and John Kerry comfortably carried the district in 200 and 2004 respectively.

"For Mr. Obama to be in a statistical tie in an area that he won by around 20 points in 2008 truly reveals the failure of his presidency," said Illinois-based political consultant Paul Miller. "The economy is undoubtedly the key factor, but in suburbs with a large Jewish population, his treatment of Israel is also taking its toll."

Illinois is an economic basket case burdened by huge debt and liabilities and burdened by Gov. Pat Quinn's recent increases in income and corporate taxes.

Businesses have fled the state as Chicago hemorrhages population, some 200,000 having fled Obamaville in a decade. The natives are clearly restless.

Downstate Illinois has traditionally resented Chicago's dominance in state government. Its state senators and representatives, almost all from safe seats in machine controlled Chicago and Cook County, dominate the legislature and even control the governor's mansion. Disgraced and now incarcerated Gov. Rod Blagojevich is just one such Chicago pol.

"Unfortunately for the GOP, they wrote off Illinois before the campaign season began," noted Miller. "Considering that President Obama may underperform by a large percentage, and that his numbers in Cook County are not nearly as strong as they were four years ago, Illinois could have been in play. It may not be too late to make Illinois purple."

In 2000, Al Gore lost the presidency, not because of hanging chads in Florida, but because he couldn't carry his home state of Tennessee.

If Romney wins big, Illinois may be part of the landslide. If Romney loses narrowly, Illinois might be proof of the folly of listening to the conventional wisdom and might be the big one that got away.

red states rule
10-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Perhaps with each passing day, more people are deciding to vote for the Mormon instead of the moron

mundame
10-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Perhaps with each passing day, more people are deciding to vote for the Mormon instead of the moron

That's it.

That's the problem.

I'd rather Romney were president instead of Obama, but I just can't in all conscience vote for a Mormon. And some of the things Romney has done --- hiding his money from taxes in Bermuda, Switzerland, and the Cayman Islands, and going to a foreign country to raise money from foreigners.

I wish the Grand Old Party would nominate a normal, respectable candidate who doesn't have money problems or take money from foreigners who want him to make wars for them.

aboutime
10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
That's it.

That's the problem.

I'd rather Romney were president instead of Obama, but I just can't in all conscience vote for a Mormon. And some of the things Romney has done --- hiding his money from taxes in Bermuda, Switzerland, and the Cayman Islands, and going to a foreign country to raise money from foreigners.

I wish the Grand Old Party would nominate a normal, respectable candidate who doesn't have money problems or take money from foreigners who want him to make wars for them.

mundane. Your problem is. You are seriously full of hatred. Much like every Obama follower who would call You, or me a Racist.

You should read the 1st amendment, then tell all of us why YOU are so hate filled about another human being who doesn't worship, or think like you.

red states rule
10-09-2012, 07:58 AM
That's it.

That's the problem.

OK lamedame, you openly admit you are not voting for Mitt not based on his agenda, postion on the issues, or what he is offering up as solutions

You will not vote from him based on his religion

and yet all we have heard for 4 years is how Obama's religion (and Rev Wright) did not matter

You are one hate filled person. You are a great assist to the Dem party

tailfins
10-09-2012, 08:00 AM
OK lamedame, you openly admit you are not voting for Mitt not based on his agenda, postion on the issues, or what he is offering up as solutions

You will not vote from him based on his religion

and yet all we have heard for 4 years is how Obama's religion (and Rev Wright) did not matter

You are one hate filled person. You are a great assist to the Dem party

He said he thinks Obama is worse than Romney. In all honesty, he sounds like a Green Party voter.

red states rule
10-09-2012, 08:03 AM
He said he thinks Obama is worse than Romney. In all honesty, he sounds like a Green Party voter.

I remember her (or him) from the last time he/she posted here. On one hand he/she claimes to be a Republican but then bellows the liberal talking points

He/she said he/she is not going to vote for President. Which is a vote for Obama in the long run

Trigg
10-09-2012, 12:58 PM
That's it.

That's the problem.

Your first sentence makes you a bigot.

Your second sentence makes you sound uninformed. Romney released his tax records. You should take a look at his charitable giving.

Your third sentence also makes you sound uninformed as well

Campaigns that aggressively raise money online are soliciting donations from people around the world—whether they intend to or not. People repost campaign solicitations on blogs that send them sprawling around the globe like digital kudzu. For example, an Obama campaign official posting ended up on Arabic Facebook, complete with a hyperlink to a donation page.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10/08/the-illegal-donor-loophole.html

red states rule
10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Your first sentence makes you a bigot.

Your second sentence makes you sound uninformed. Romney released his tax records. You should take a look at his charitable giving.

Your third sentence also makes you sound uninformed as well

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10/08/the-illegal-donor-loophole.html

Lamedame sounds alot like Lawrence O'Donnell

http://youtu.be/8aWjIpkxcak

10-09-2012, 11:20 PM
That's it.

That's the problem.

You have problems voting for some one who believes in strong morals?

10-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I remember when the poll came back. I was surprised. I would be very happy if Obama lost IL but I dont expect that one.

I wish he would lose every state.

Robert A Whit
10-10-2012, 12:28 AM
That's it.

That's the problem.

I and Mitt are very inferior humans according to you. See, I too am a Mormon. Any relative of yours that is a Mormon is an honest person. Bear in mind that the leader of the Senate is a Mormon. Harry Reid. I think Reid needs to visit Salt Lake City for a tune up. Romney is honest.
He does not hide money. It is his property that he paid taxes on.

Do you honestly think that all the cash Obama rakes in is clean money?

red states rule
10-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Looks like lamedame has taken a powder

Or she is on her antidepressants after seeing the latest polls :laugh2:

10-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Looks like lamedame has taken a powder

Or she is on her antidepressants after seeing the latest polls

Or he/she has a life outside the board and isnt here all the time.