PDA

View Full Version : Downtime again

jimnyc
10-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Site was just down for about 45 minutes or maybe a tad longer. Not exactly sure what happened, but I can tell you that HTTP, and a few other services were down and listed as so at my providers website. I'd tell more, but they still haven't even opened my ticket yet.

A few days ago when we had issues, I sent out several emails to their management, the owner included. If someone is on vacation, they should have an auto reply in this business. If they are unable to get to email, someone else should be monitoring it. I've not received replies from anyone - and only excuses from support services.

After 9 years with this company, I will be leaving. I believe I have a new host ready, and they can transfer the site over for me. This will also require me updating nameservers with my registrar, and downtime as a result. Rather than take chances, I will likely just temporarily close down the site, have them perform a backup of the entire site and confirm to me once they have it in their hands. Once that is complete, I will update nameservers as they get me operational on new server. Hopefully the propagation will be fairly quick. I will try to plan this, if I can, for very late at night or very early in the morning.

I will update everyone before I proceed with anything.

jimnyc
10-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Another thing, as to why I'll be switching. Suppose I was on vacation for an extended weekend - what would have happened 2 days ago? What would have happened this morning? Support is useless anymore where I am at unless I contact live support, nag them on the forums or badger them into assisting.

jimnyc
10-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Server went down again. The reason I am told was an abusive user, and this time they suspended the account, which they should have done the first time.

I will update when I move...

Anton Chigurh
10-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Changing hosts is a real pain in the ass - and the providers know it.

red states rule
10-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Kim, this board has gone down so often in the last 3 days I thought you were using the Monica Lewinsky 1996 program

Anton Chigurh
10-07-2012, 10:23 AM
New speed!

New host?

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
New speed!

New host?

Yes sir, moved overnight, hopefully we'll continue with better performance - and better support!

aboutime
10-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes sir, moved overnight, hopefully we'll continue with better performance - and better support!

Looks great so far jimnyc. Thanks for the dedication.

gabosaurus
10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
The reason I am told was an abusive user, and this time they suspended the account, which they should have done the first time.

But they're still here!! :p

Mr. P
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM

:laugh: :thumb:

aboutime
10-07-2012, 06:46 PM

​So, take the hint gabby and LEAVE.

jafar00
10-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Site was just down for about 45 minutes or maybe a tad longer. Not exactly sure what happened, but I can tell you that HTTP, and a few other services were down and listed as so at my providers website. I'd tell more, but they still haven't even opened my ticket yet.

If you ask Tyr, the Islamists hacked the site led by myself and gab as our first step to US domination. Tomorrow, THE WORLD!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-08-2012, 07:40 AM

Yes, we see that you are gabs, you do not have to announce it .-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-08-2012, 07:44 AM
If you ask Tyr, the Islamists hacked the site led by myself and gab as our first step to US domination. Tomorrow, THE WORLD!

No way, neither of you are smart enough to do something like that. You are lost in your religious world of flying carpets, prayer rugs and Israel hating and Gabs , well , she is just plain LOST into a world of self-imposed ignorance and liberal stupidity.-Tyr