PDA

View Full Version : I was dared to post these photos!

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 10:18 AM
As many of you know, I'm a fat bastard. But I've lost 24lbs since my surgery! I'm still a handsome bastard, but could afford to lose a little bit around the belt. I'm also a man of extremes. I wasn't always fat, I used to be skinny, most of my life in fact!! These are photos from around the time I was married in 1994 and my wife doesn't believe I would have the courage to post them!

Wow, this does take guts to post. We were in St. Lucia, got married there, and this was my "bachelor party" the night before. I was drinking from about 10 in the morning and this was probably around midnight or so. Apparently too much alcohol turns you into a cross dresser!

http://i49.tinypic.com/xqdto4.jpg

This is me in our room on the shoreline, with my filthy smoking habit, preparing to go swimming. I weighed about 135 back then!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2nqxmio.jpg

I hate this picture, but she did dare me! I look like I have aids or something, pathetically think, but a horrible shot too. This was prior to going to St. Lucia. I look back and want to beat myself up.

http://i48.tinypic.com/34dsu37.jpg

And this one is also in St. Lucia, walking around the town of Castries. Awesome place, even if very poor, but with American money I was a king!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2n0phlh.jpg

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 10:19 AM
After looking at these, I wonder why she married me, and I thank my lucky stars for a little fat on my bones! :coffee:

red states rule
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Jim, as you have said before - you have alot to be thankful for. Just keep making progress. Keep moving forward, Learn from your past mistakes.

And remember you have TWO families that care about you.

Voted4Reagan
10-07-2012, 12:24 PM
After looking at these, I wonder why she married me, and I thank my lucky stars for a little fat on my bones! :coffee:

Love the Mullet there Jimmy Boy...Business in the Front...Party in the Back!

http://youtu.be/CmcNqeJmloo

Robert A Whit
10-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I still don't understand Tattoos.

But what I want to know Jimmy is how did you manage to bulk up that right knee?

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Love the Mullet there Jimmy Boy...Business in the Front...Party in the Back!

Ya know, when I got my haircuts back then, I always told them "Cut and make it look neat for my bosses, but let it grow in the back" assuming I was looking cool with the longer hair. And I hated people with mullets and was too dumb to look in a mirror! LOL

I still don't understand Tattoos.

But what I want to know Jimmy is how did you manage to bulk up that right knee?

Medication (Seroquel, the fat medication), poor eating habits, getting old, laziness, too much computer time... I was still athletic though! Was a pitcher from when I was like 6-16 and won all kinds of awards, and was a QB from around 6 or so till about 16. Small and skinny but a helluva arm, which was always attributed to exercise and practice from throwing snowballs at cars and tossing rocks around in the summer. I was a bit of a delinquent, just got away with it most times as I was fast as hell! :laugh:

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Ok, one more, so you guys can get the picture of me being a toothpick out of your heads! And don't get the wrong idea, the pants are just baggy! I had a 38 waist before losing 24lbs now. And that's my never been washed Terrible Towel that just helped the Steelers win on a last second FG!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/33e5qxd.jpg

aboutime
10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Ok, one more, so you guys can get the picture of me being a toothpick out of your heads! And don't get the wrong idea, the pants are just baggy! I had a 38 waist before losing 24lbs now. And that's my never been washed Terrible Towel that just helped the Steelers win on a last second FG!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/33e5qxd.jpg

And the STEELERS keep rolling along. DEADSKINS got beat too! A great Football day.

gabosaurus
10-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Is there more than one version of the "Terrible Towel?"
My friend Katie has one that is solid black with yellow lettering. She rarely brings it out since it is over 20 years old.

My husband was fairly rotund when he was in high school. He has lost a lot of weight since then.

Kathianne
10-07-2012, 06:21 PM
My friend Katie has one that is solid black with yellow lettering. She rarely brings it out since it is over 20 years old.

My husband was fairly rotund when he was in high school. He has lost a lot of weight since then.

I think that many males that are 'rotund' in high school and even into early 20's, thin as they age. Usually they hated competitive sports and PE in those years. However, as they matured and stopped worrying about the jocks, they decided to slim down for their love lives. Often walking golfers, new runners, new at the health clubs, and get serious about junk food.

On the other end, most of the 'skinny guys' fill out as their metabolisms slow down a bit. They are less active than when in training for sports. They sit at desks, etc. Few become 'heavy' just more muscular and grown up looking. It's rare to see a guy in his 30's and up, with a 24-26" waistline.

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Yeppers, I own 7 of them, but only this one is for "use" while the others are souvenirs just for show. I have 2 of them that have the SB insignias and final scores on them, a black one with yellow lettering, I even got a Terrible Toddler Towel for my son when he as born! That was in addition to his Steelers onesie, Steelers bottle, Steelers socks, and even an official #99 Levon Kirkland Jersey in miniature size from back then!

Tell your hubby to consider himself lucky!

SassyLady
10-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Jim, I would have married you too!!! Both my husbands were 6'1" and weighed under 150 when we met. The first is 64 and probably weighs 170-175 and the second one worked his butt off to bulk up to 180 and he's 50 now. Both of them probably eat around 5,000 calories a day. They just had good genes and high metabolism.

I weighed under 110 until I was about 40 and then starting going through early menopause and putting on weight. I keep telling myself that I'll get up and start moving tomorrow. And guess what .... tomorrow is always tomorrow in today's world.

I think you were an extremely handsome young man and your wife has excellent taste.

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 06:58 PM
On the other end, most of the 'skinny guys' fill out as their metabolisms slow down a bit. They are less active than when in training for sports. They sit at desks, etc. Few become 'heavy' just more muscular and grown up looking. It's rare to see a guy in his 30's and up, with a 24-26" waistline.

Oh man, you just described me! I actually had a 30-32 waist for most jeans for the longest time, then went to 38 in less than 2 years, and now can get back into a 36. 34 would be nice, but so would my humongous leather recliner that my wife won't let me have!

jimnyc
10-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Jim, I would have married you too!!! Both my husbands were 6'1" and weighed under 150 when we met. The first is 64 and probably weighs 170-175 and the second one worked his butt off to bulk up to 180 and he's 50 now. Both of them probably eat around 5,000 calories a day. They just had good genes and high metabolism.

I weighed under 110 until I was about 40 and then starting going through early menopause and putting on weight. I keep telling myself that I'll get up and start moving tomorrow. And guess what .... tomorrow is always tomorrow in today's world.

I think you were an extremely handsome young man and your wife has excellent taste.

That's how I used to be, I would get drunk or stoned, order a Domino's pizza and cheese stix, and eat the entire thing by myself in about 15 minutes, then probably wash it down with some chips and snacks! And I would probably lose a few pounds!! Now if I eat a snickers bar I gain a pound overnight! LOL

SassyLady
10-07-2012, 07:03 PM
That's how I used to be, I would get drunk or stoned, order a Domino's pizza and cheese stix, and eat the entire thing by myself in about 15 minutes, then probably wash it down with some chips and snacks! And I would probably lose a few pounds!! Now if I eat a snickers bar I gain a pound overnight! LOL

Well, at least you get to eat the Snicker's while gaining weight ... I can just think about them and gain weight. :laugh:

gabosaurus
10-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I used to be the opposite of this. I could eat anything and everything and not gain a pound. A girl I was in track with said she could smell a hot dog in the next room and gain weight. :laugh:

It wasn't until later in life that I found the ideal way to put on the pounds. You take a bunch of prescription medications and then cook dinner every night.

SassyLady
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
I used to be the opposite of this. I could eat anything and everything and not gain a pound. A girl I was in track with said she could smell a hot dog in the next room and gain weight. :laugh:

It wasn't until later in life that I found the ideal way to put on the pounds. You take a bunch of prescription medications and then cook dinner every night.

Yep, I found that the pills and dinner every night works just as well as thinking about Snickers to put on the weight!!!