PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn denies China iPhone Plant hit by strike.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-07-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/foxconn-denies-china-iphone-plant-hit-strike-1C6321794

Foxconn, the Taiwanese made-to-order electronics giant that assembles Apple's products, denied reports that a plant in China was crippled by a strike, saying on Saturday that its production is on schedule at an important time for Apple.
The report of a strike issued by China Labor Watch, a New York-based advocacy group, came weeks after Apple kicked off its largest-ever global rollout for the new iPhone 5 smartphone. Apple is already struggling with tight availability of the phones in stores, analysts say.
The labor group said 3,000 to 4,000 workers went on strike at Foxconn's Zhengzhou complex in central China on Friday, angered by over-exacting quality controls as well as demands they work through the week-long National Day holiday, which began on Monday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure we need more of our industries sent over there. That way they can disrupt our economy when or if we ever dare oppose them. Already we have much of our vital military suppplies manufactured in China. Take a look at history and try finding any nation that based so much its military supplies primarily on the production capability of a foreign nation that could someday easily be its enemy! There is a reason why you will find that there are none.-Tyr

red states rule
10-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Why did I think of Grouch Marx as I read the openeing post? I remember Grouch saying "Who are you going to believe? Me or your own lying eyes?"