PDA

View Full Version : New experiences

gabosaurus
10-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I am always up for a new experiences. So today, we did something totally out of the ordinary. At least for us.
My cousin and her husband had their first child christened this morning. No one else in our family is Catholic, so I have never been to a Catholic church. And the service was in Spanish, so I had to have my sister translate what was going on.
Several infants were christened at the same ceremony, which made it fairly lengthy. I'm surprised my daughter made it through the whole thing. I wouldn't have when I was her age.

Kathianne
10-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I am always up for a new experiences. So today, we did something totally out of the ordinary. At least for us.
My cousin and her husband had their first child christened this morning. No one else in our family is Catholic, so I have never been to a Catholic church. And the service was in Spanish, so I had to have my sister translate what was going on.
Several infants were christened at the same ceremony, which made it fairly lengthy. I'm surprised my daughter made it through the whole thing. I wouldn't have when I was her age.

My uncle was a priest and baptized all of my nieces and nephew, and my own children. My brother's son, Jay and my son, Bryan are only 3 months apart, so we had them baptized at the same time, being godparents for each other's son. My poor uncle, the boys are Jay Ryan and Bryan Jay. LOL!

Your daughter is close to twelve now, right? I think churches and special services, especially when a first time experience, fascinate most kids that age. They also adore babies, lots of babies there I bet. ;)

gabosaurus
10-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Your daughter is close to twelve now, right? I think churches and special services, especially when a first time experience, fascinate most kids that age. They also adore babies, lots of babies there I bet. ;)

I think you are quite right. I never thought of it that way. Thanks for that insight.