PDA

View Full Version : Child malnutrition eliminated in Cuba, In U.S. nearly a quarter of children hungry

tailfins
10-09-2012, 08:36 AM
The advances of the Cuban revolution have brought real improvements to people’s lives.
http://www.fightbacknews.org/2012/10/1/child-malnutrition-eliminated-cuba-us-nearly-quarter-children-hungry

KitchenKitten99
10-10-2012, 10:14 PM
The advances of the Cuban revolution have brought real improvements to people’s lives.
http://www.fightbacknews.org/2012/10/1/child-malnutrition-eliminated-cuba-us-nearly-quarter-children-hungry

If it is STILL so much better there, why do hundreds of their own citizens try to make the swim to Key West, and ultimately Miami every year?

Also, one has to wonder what the end game is for feeding other peoples' children and why are their parents not doing the job properly?

I am all for caring for the needy, but at what point are we going from helping out to perpetuating a cycle of dependency?

Part of the reason for food issues here is that your love for 'bio-fuels' has jacked up the prices of corn (as well as sugar), and high taxes have jacked up oil prices. This impacts food. Bio-fuels take valuable food sources and turns it into fuel...that is substandard, btw.

I am pretty skeptical of those programs where you 'sponsor' a child in Africa and other 3rd world countries. It is sad to see these children living like that but in feeding them and doing what their parents should be doing, are you creating a productive member of society or will this child fall into the same issue his parents did and never move past what caused them to be in that situation in the first place?

Kathianne
10-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Until there is free reports between Cuba and the West, I'm more than skeptical.

Robert A Whit
10-11-2012, 01:29 AM
If it is STILL so much better there, why do hundreds of their own citizens try to make the swim to Key West, and ultimately Miami every year?

Also, one has to wonder what the end game is for feeding other peoples' children and why are their parents not doing the job properly?

I am all for caring for the needy, but at what point are we going from helping out to perpetuating a cycle of dependency?

Part of the reason for food issues here is that your love for 'bio-fuels' has jacked up the prices of corn (as well as sugar), and high taxes have jacked up oil prices. This impacts food. Bio-fuels take valuable food sources and turns it into fuel...that is substandard, btw.

I am pretty skeptical of those programs where you 'sponsor' a child in Africa and other 3rd world countries. It is sad to see these children living like that but in feeding them and doing what their parents should be doing, are you creating a productive member of society or will this child fall into the same issue his parents did and never move past what caused them to be in that situation in the first place?

I wanted to copy word for word something sent to me via e mail. (could not since it is a jpg file)

Anyway, the gist is that under Obama there are discussions vis a vis that we have so many people getting food stamps.

The same agency says do not feed wild animals because humans will make them dependent on being fed.

Amazing that it is the same agency that deals with both things.

taft2012
10-11-2012, 05:09 AM
For the past 4 years the Obama White House has been telling us the biggest problem was childhood obesity. If this article is to believed, that was a lie.

But seriously, this perspective does all fit in with Obama's broader demented vision of the country. Some kids are fat and have too much to eat, some kids don't have enough to eat. So like he told Joe the Plumber, we "just have to spread it around a bit."